PDA

View Full Version : Any Fatal Inertia EX players out here?

docfo4r
6th January 2014, 08:43 PM
I know this game "Fatal Inertia EX" is not really appreciated by everyone here on the forum. Maybe some ppl think of it as a WipEout rip-off too much. Anyways, don't wanna analyze that.

I always like the game for giving me a short but powerful amount of fun. Usually I play it only for 30 minutes or so [while I play WipEout for hours], but it is always lots of fun and a fresh difference as an AG-racer on my PS3. Plus the graphics and tracks are quite cool IMO.

So I wanted to know if there are others who have this game and would like to have some multiplayer matches - it would be cool to get 4 or more people together :)
Of course, [and that is another shitty thing] we all gotta agree to one standard engine upgrade so the competition won't be unfair.

I am not playing games too often recently but in case some ppl wanna have a match, maybe we can find a deadline. My PSN is same as my username over here. If you are up for a race, post in here at best and we can find a time [and hopefully enough people to fill the grid ;) ]

DDD113
6th January 2014, 09:08 PM
You know I am! Count me in for some AG off-road action! :D

JABBERJAW
7th January 2014, 02:00 AM
I didn't play online since whoever is behind gets way more turbo boosts and that time slowdown thing. They were going to out a fix in before the company shut it down. I'd still be playing it now if this had been implemented. The game had a nice physics model

docfo4r
7th January 2014, 05:06 AM
I dunno if it has been implemented, never saw any pathch for it. Yeah, especially the Time thingy is annoying after the 3rd time in one race. We could agree not to use it but well... FI isn't perfect, but it would be cool if you would like to join in anyways :)

DDD113
7th January 2014, 05:08 AM
Is there a drop-weapon button on FI? I've never even checked!

docfo4r
7th January 2014, 01:57 PM
D-Pad up or D-Pad down, one of those. But it will just delete the weapon, there is no absorbing or anything.

KronicReaper
7th January 2014, 04:35 PM
I checked Fatal Inertia EX on the PlayStation Store and it cost $30 to download the game, I don't know if this game supports trophies to get platinum or not. I might buy it on the PlayStation Store for $30 or not, I don't know.

docfo4r
7th January 2014, 07:56 PM
Really? What the heck... Over here it costs 10€ on the store.
The game has it's own ingame achievements, nothing you can see in the PSN.

DDD113
7th January 2014, 10:28 PM
Yeah, absorbing would be nice in FI, especially flying Aurora, but hopefully my transition to Phoenix will be smooth and swift. :D

docfo4r
8th January 2014, 07:29 PM
Ok guys, I will host a room for Fatal Inertia EX online matches this Sunday. Everybody who wants to and can, can join in! Just send me a friend request on PSN at first and write you are from woz or write about Fatal Inertia so I know where u come from.

To check your local time for this event, see here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Fatal+Inertia+EX+races&iso=20140112T15&p1=2692&ah=1&am=30

We all should agree to use the same engine standard - The guy/girl with the least unlock progress chooses!

DDD113
8th January 2014, 08:37 PM
Did you get my friend request Kai? (haven't been on PS3 to check yet :P)

docfo4r
8th January 2014, 08:46 PM
Yeah I got it, thx :)

DIXI200
9th January 2014, 09:48 AM
I did not know this game, Last night I saw on PS, I was able to download a demo version with some runs. is very fun, could be a distraction to exit the dependence of WO .. :) To download the full game, the cost is Euro 19,90. But it's 2009? Still holds good price! :eek

docfo4r
9th January 2014, 04:34 PM
I wonder why it is so expecive in other places... Here in Germany it takes 9,90€ afair. It is not as good as WipEout I guess, it is more like a short boost of fun :)

DIXI200
10th January 2014, 10:28 AM
I tried but used only for XBox .. the cost is € 8,90 + shipping costs of about € 18,00.

:D hmmm .. maybe I could visit Germany and bring the PS3 to download the game for 9.90 .. Hmmm ... I do not think that works .. :g

Yesterday I once again tried to play with Demo ... it was great fun. I'll think a bit '. :rolleyes:

docfo4r
10th January 2014, 10:45 AM
The X-Box version differs alot from the PS3 version... PS3-version has updated graphics and mechanics + a complete location with a bunch of tracks [Test facility] and a tutorial.

I gotta check the pricing here in Germany again, maybe I just had luck and got a special offer.

DIXI200
11th January 2014, 09:24 AM
hi docfo4r

"There is no news" :)

Only league "Exhibition" - Event is ok - Place "test circuit" with variations - "Path" 1-2-3 etc.etc .. are active -
- I have a circuit with active variants and events -

I have seen that it is also active "Multiplayer" with "onLine" active. Last night, the message said that "no person present online", you could try, I can not know the "tracks" - and do not get awards - trophies - in case online is active for me is so good .. 0 cost. :beer

yeldar2097
11th January 2014, 04:12 PM
Anyone else have 'Perfectionist' ?

Found it harder than any WipEout campaign I've ever had to do that's for sure.

docfo4r
12th January 2014, 03:27 PM
Yeah I got that achievement... Eventually I took a ride and unlocked all achievements for some weeks. Yeah, some are very hard - also the 36 seconds Time Trial challenge was super difficult.

BTW: Even I have all achievements and campaign won and everything, there are still some decals and special paints locked even though from the online-guide they should all be unlocked by now. Anyone else completed FI and has the same issue?

BTW2 Sorry I couldn't make it today on time but if anyone wants we can have a FI-session right now :)