PDA

View Full Version : Any Hyperdimension Neptunia gamers or fans here?

KronicReaper
11th December 2013, 06:31 AM
Sorry to say this, but I do have a confession to make. Has any pilots from Wipeout Zone played the Hyperdimension Neptunia series on the PS3 or gotten the theme or the avatars on the Playstation Store? And what is your favorite character from the series?

Dirtbag
12th December 2013, 02:45 AM
I tried watching the anime but dropped it. Seemed like nothing but in-jokes I couldn't understand. Otherwise, I like the characters, but I couldn't get invested in it. Never played the games though so I don't know if that may be affecting my view, nor do I understand what these Neptunia games are about, are they some kind of J-RPG?

KronicReaper
12th December 2013, 03:20 AM
Your guess is good is mine, I didn't played any of the Hyperdimension Neptunia games at all; but I got the theme and three avatars of the series. And yes it is a Japanese RPG that is now an anime based on the game series.

rdmx
20th December 2013, 05:27 PM
It's on my 'guilty pleasure' list lol

Finished the main route of mk2 (w/o true ending), and part way through Victory atm. Stalled for a bit because busy with things. Hopefully NISA will release Rebirth 1 sooner rather than later.

mannjon
22nd December 2013, 02:28 AM
Never tried Neptunia, but always wanted to give it a go. I liked Tales of Xillia, is it similar?

rdmx
22nd December 2013, 04:48 PM
I haven't played Tales of Xillia unfortunately so I can't say for sure - Neptunia is turn-based combat though, not real-time like Xillia.
The 1st game in the series is widely regarded as rubbish, and I suggest you wait for the much-improved Vita remake to be localised. You can probably afford to jump straight into mk2 though - that's what I did.

The series certainly isn't for everyone but I enjoy it and the silly humour. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXAl8skbocQ http://youtu.be/H7ZFSo12rN0?t=33s

KronicReaper
22nd December 2013, 09:45 PM
Well I don't know, but if it very popular series I got an idea for you people who like the series and wipeout. Can you create a AG racing ship with any of the characters in the series? That's might be a good idea to put on as a cover for your Facebook page or your Youtube channel. Just give it a try.

mannjon
23rd December 2013, 12:33 AM
I didn't know Neptunia was turn based. I'm more of a fan of turn based actually. I HATE the new RPG norm which waters down gameplay, and uses real time as opposed to turn based. I might have to give it a try.

I've actually been looking for a good turn based RPG for the PS3. I wasn't too happy with either of the Final Fantasies. So start with MKII? Will I miss any of the story I'd need to know?