PDA

View Full Version : Icaras Vs. FEISAR Thread (Equilibrium - Round 2)

keg_11
10th December 2013, 12:59 AM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8517/8583687883_1e1363b461_n.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/1991willy1991/8583687883/)
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8255/8649770918_92c5341df1_n.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/1991willy1991/8649770918/)

Welcome to the Vs thread for Icaras and FEISAR!!! Everyone on these two teams on Equilibrium have to sound off that they're still in the tournament here and connect with your team members!!! (On Time, Circuit, Anything)

NOTE: If this is a bit early/unauthorised, I apologise, but Round 2 starts this weekend and people on the main thread want to get in contact with FEISAR

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still in, however, I won't be available from Friday (Dec 13) to Tuesday (Dec 17). Anytime next Wednesday to Friday next week is good for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Sunday 5th January
12PM GMT
Grand Circuit

http://gt5.zqz.me/cd2/img.php?s=1388923208000&f=DigitalSans&fc=%23000000&bc=%23ffffff&fs=24

(apologies if this image is not accepted, considering the two main pics are 30Kb each and this is only 816b)

AGSys
10th December 2013, 01:07 AM
Oh god I'm really scared right now. Someone hold me. e__e

DDD113
10th December 2013, 01:35 AM
Rivalry Time!!! [cue dramatic suspense music]

Greevb
10th December 2013, 10:11 AM
I'm a Feisar Pilot, new member of course but so psyched to see matches still going. I'd love to join this somehow either this go or the next :). Great forum very friendly!

mannjon
10th December 2013, 12:14 PM
Alright!!! FEISAR vs Icaras thread!!! Bring on round 2.

I vote for... Grand Circuit again. Everyone chime in on what circuit you like so we can know what tracks to practice this week.

So what's this about a rivalry? Are you referring to the overall team rivalry or will this be an epic battle against someone you know?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a Feisar Pilot, new member of course but so psyched to see matches still going. I'd love to join this somehow either this go or the next :). Great forum very friendly!

Welcome welcome!

When Icaras and AGsystems played, we had to wait forever to try to find some players last minute to start the match. If you want to be a part of the next round, go ahead and get in touch with the team captain for FEISAR. At this point it looks like FEISAR has enough pilots to compete in the match, as well as reserve pilots but chances are better than likely that something will come up and someone may have to back out at the last minute. If you go ahead and get on the roster, I'm sure Team FEISAR would appreciate the reserve pilot. Time zones became a major issue (some people had to go to work while some were drinking morning coffee for example). As per the original thread, if you want to race, you'll need to add all the team members as PSN friends prior to the match. Now if your time zone is GMT +1 , that means that midnight for you is 5pm on the previous day for me. It seemed that using EST time worked best in round 1, so to avoid confusion I suggest we stick with EST for this round.

Greevb
10th December 2013, 12:25 PM
Awesome thanks for being so helpful and your reply. With my job and insomnia it won't be much of an issue synching times with the races so I'll do just that and get in touch with team Feisar now!

This forum is so friendly and nice, easy going; thanks again for your time.
-Greevb

Jonny
10th December 2013, 01:49 PM
May we find a day and time that fits to you :)

keg_11
10th December 2013, 01:54 PM

So what's this about a rivalry? Are you referring to the overall team rivalry or will this be an epic battle against someone you know?

Hi Greevb & welcome! Sure, that'll be fine. It might be beneficial for us considering I'm from Adelaide, AUS and camlet is from Tulsa, USA.

Mannjon: the teams rivalry. See here (http://wipeout.wikia.com/Icaras) for more info.

& I vote one for circuits from hell.

Greevb
10th December 2013, 02:02 PM
Should I go ahead and add the Team Feisar Pilots to my PSN list as well, if I end up getting used as a back-up after all? :P

keg_11
10th December 2013, 10:47 PM
Friend request sent :)

mannjon
10th December 2013, 11:09 PM
Hi Greevb & welcome! Sure, that'll be fine. It might be beneficial for us considering I'm from Adelaide, AUS and camlet is from Tulsa, USA.

Mannjon: the teams rivalry. See here (http://wipeout.wikia.com/Icaras) for more info.

& I vote one for the technical circuit.

Thought so. I had forgot about the back story details.

- - - Updated - - -

So camlet is from Tulsa, is that Central time? I'm in Alabama, so I'm in Central (or GMT -6 I think).

When does everyone have stuff to do this weekend? Does anyone work? I think that playing on Friday or Saturday evening might be better for most people (or Saturday during the day, or whenever over the weekend based on the time zone differences). I can stay up pretty late/early if that helps.

I don't even know for sure who all is definitely in for Round 2 for Icaras, but I am definitely in. I can compete most anytime, but my preference would be around 7-9pm EST or anytime Saturday during the day. When is everyone else available?

Greevb
11th December 2013, 12:53 AM
I get back in town from my event tomorrow around 15hr GMT, pretty much free for the rest of the week and weekend, guess I'll get working on practice for the techniqual track list.

keg_11
11th December 2013, 01:00 AM
So camlet is from Tulsa, is that Central time? I'm in Alabama, so I'm in Central (or GMT -6 I think).

When does everyone have stuff to do this weekend? Does anyone work? I think that playing on Friday or Saturday evening might be better for most people (or Saturday during the day, or whenever over the weekend based on the time zone differences). I can stay up pretty late/early if that helps.

Yeah, Tulsa is in the same zone as you.

& as I said in the first post, I am unavailable from this Friday to next Tues (I'll be at my grandparents' & they don't have internet). Although with Greevb now on as reserve, this may not be an issue.

mannjon
11th December 2013, 01:04 AM
Yeah, Tulsa is in the same zone as you.

& as I said in the first post, I am unavailable from this Friday to next Tues (I'll be at my grandparents' & they don't have internet). Although with Greevb now on as reserve, this may not be an issue.

Do you have a circuit preference?

Greevb
11th December 2013, 01:12 AM
With my funky job at my own pace and horrid insomnia, I'm usually free most hours the week given I get a few days heads up to make sure it's free I'm pretty flex able.

Mitchemous
11th December 2013, 01:59 AM
I'm Free most days after 3pm CST and weekends are almost always free

TheConzio
11th December 2013, 06:21 AM
Wait, is Greevb on team Mirage AND team Feisar?!

Defjukie16
11th December 2013, 11:44 AM
HOLD IT, first off, keg_11!!!! I AM INCREDIBLY....grateful you made the FEISAR Vs. Icaras Page, but here's the problem, in the details section you have the times wrong, we are starting the second round of the tournament this Saturday, Round One was really supposed to end when all the teams raced and finished getting their results but now it's this Saturday, Team Mirage Vs. Team Assegai are racing that day but soon after it's the winner vs. Harimau, (and by soon after, I mean within that week) I'm posting this on all of the threads too, but as soon as Assegai and Mirage finish their match and post the results, the winner will then be in the week of round 2 to face off against team Harimau.

- - - Updated - - -

Now for the pilot Greevb, you are fine to be a reserve player for team FEISAR but keep in mind you are also on the Mirage as well, and you can't forget them and post only on this thread, I understand if you want to be on FEISAR but the teams have been made, you could have a spot if one of the other members doesn't make it, I'll give you that. But for now you are on team Mirage because two spots are definitely empty.

Greevb
11th December 2013, 05:27 PM
Understood and no worries I'm loving this community so I keep updated for my dedications no problems there. Actually pretty funky and fun racing Mirage more as I never race them after I unlocked the ships for all teams. Though we just confirmed the race this weekend so I guess for now I'm going green ;)

keg_11
11th December 2013, 11:16 PM
HOLD IT, first off, keg_11!!!! I AM INCREDIBLY....grateful you made the FEISAR Vs. Icaras Page, but here's the problem, in the details section you have the times wrong, we are starting the second round of the tournament this Saturday, Round One was really supposed to end when all the teams raced and finished getting their results but now it's this Saturday...

I realise this. The times on the first post are a rough idea on what times we could race, providing how available all the pilots are. I had an idea that R2 starts this Saturday as Assegai and Mirage have still yet to race and that a one week deadline to organise and run these races sounds suitable enough. If I am wrong, I apologise and I'll edit that post accordingly.

AGSys
12th December 2013, 12:09 AM
I'll be available this Saturday for the Round 2 , so you can add me up. Also, I vote for Grand Circuit. By the way, I'm in the GMT +12:00 timezone. I just wanted to get that out of the way to minimize confusions like last time.

mannjon
12th December 2013, 02:12 AM
I'm also available for round 2 this Saturday or Sunday or Friday night. I'm in -6GMT, and it would appear that there are at least 2 additional US pilots for this round that are in similar time zones. Sign me up for with a vote for the Grand Circuit.

Looking forward to the races!

Hey there CJ4717! It's nice to finally meet some pilots that are around the same skill level as I am. Glad you are in for round 2!

keg_11
12th December 2013, 07:00 AM
Just to remind (if anyone hasn't seen my earlier post): I'm available Wednesday-Saturday next week; I'm 10:30+ GMT; I vote circuits from hell ( ;) )

Mitchemous
12th December 2013, 11:58 AM
+1 for circuit from hell

mannjon
14th December 2013, 02:10 PM
Any word on official meeting times yet? I've seen about half of the pilots here commenting on their circuit preference and their availability. Should we just wait until tomorrow? I'm available either day.

Defjukie16
14th December 2013, 07:23 PM
Keg_11 can only make it Wednesday through Saturday this upcoming week, so possibly next Friday or Saturday for Round 2.

Jonny
14th December 2013, 08:44 PM
At the weekend I have always time...
I vote for Grand Circuit

mannjon
15th December 2013, 02:35 AM
So its looking like next Saturday is when we need to race then? I'm assuming we will NOT be racing tomorrow?

If we aren't going to go for round 2 tomorrow, let's all try at least to decide on the Circuit, so we'll have a week to practice. So far the vote looks like this:

pontiac400: Circuit from Hell
mannjon: Grand Circuit
CJ4717: Grand Circuit
JohnnydotB: Grand Circuit
keg_11: Circuit from Hell
greevb: Technical Circuit

So 3 for Grand, 1 for Technical, and 2 for Circuit from Hell. We are waiting on Defjukie and possibly Scarfroggers, depending on who Icaras's reserve pilot is, and whoever is the last pilot for FEISAR's seat.

keg_11
15th December 2013, 11:40 AM
Keg_11 can only make it Wednesday through Saturday this upcoming week, so possibly next Friday or Saturday for Round 2.

In that case, we should aim for Friday as I will be better available.

Greevb
17th December 2013, 11:05 PM
So I'm playing in a circuit for Feisar after all? Just curious.

mannjon
18th December 2013, 01:21 AM
@Greevb of Sol 2: Unless things change, it would appear that you will definitely be needed based on the discussion feedback. Were you on the winning team in your other race?

keg_11
18th December 2013, 05:18 AM
As far as time of day goes, I propose 12PM GMT as I should be home from work about that time (10:30 +10.30GMT).

Jonny
20th December 2013, 10:02 AM
12 PM (1 PM in Germany) on a Sunday...could be possible.

keg_11
20th December 2013, 10:07 AM
Possibly, My coach to head home doesn't arrive until projected 10.45 AEDT (11.45 GMT), so I might be a bit late.
(Besides, I don't think it'll be on tonight, or otherwise there would've been more thread activity)

mannjon
20th December 2013, 10:48 PM
Anyone have a GMT converter for -6GMT? I can message all the US participants if that time works.

scarfrogers
21st December 2013, 08:27 AM
12pm tomorrow (sunday) is great for me. Love a bit of midday racing! SCAAAAaaaar

AGSys
21st December 2013, 08:35 AM
Aw yeah, scar's a part of this now! :D And that also seems fine to me, I'll be there. So are we certain which circuit thing we're going with?

Greevb
21st December 2013, 08:41 AM
If I'd be on Feisar, just let me know.

Jonny
21st December 2013, 02:51 PM
I raced with scar this mornig, FEISAR is lost :D

Defjukie16
21st December 2013, 09:36 PM
UPDATE:

I have extended round 2 to two week now, the holiday season is this coming week and I'm sure pilots would like to wait after it to finish. Round 3 will start next Saturday.

mannjon
21st December 2013, 10:17 PM
That's fine with me! Just keep me posted. I'm still in it.

Glad to see that SCAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar will be joining us ^_^

AGSys
21st December 2013, 10:19 PM
I'm a little confused. Are we doing this today or on Sunday at 12pm GMT? We're about 45 mins away from starting according to what I can see on the TZ converter.

mannjon
22nd December 2013, 02:34 AM
@ CJ, It seems like Defjukie wants to push it back one week from now. Does that work with you guys? It seems a little far fetched to try to run the match tonight (tomorrow) based on what I'm seeing here in the thread.

I'm available pretty much anytime, but I just need to know when!

@ Def, you can send me a PM or just respond with the time, and I'll see you there! Grand Circuit I presume?

Greevb
22nd December 2013, 03:55 AM
I'm not a normal Mirage Pilot so I brought the team down which I feel pretty bad about, also even hardwired here in Belgium our connection is pretty poor; I noticed 1-2 second delay in weapon pad pick-up's and missile hits registering. So It's mostly my piloting novice in Mirage, maybe also network. I'm not sure, anyways I'm a full loyalty Feisar pilot since the original PS1 :D. So that's my team if any, I'm up for back-up that's cool, I'll race anyday just let me know and I'll open my work up; as I work from home it's easy for me :P to adjust timezones though I'm in GMT +1 Brussels, Belgium Time. So if needed I'd love to race euro anyday :D.

Jonny
22nd December 2013, 11:22 AM
So I think we have to race an other day...
It´s still unorganized,we need to clarify important things (e.g.Day and Time).
So fill this form (Yes, I like forms :P):
Day :
Time :
Kind of Race (e.g.: Circuits from Hell):
Track :

Cipher
22nd December 2013, 12:00 PM
folks, as a bling brigade organizer, here's a tip;
Use the following for setting up times and dates, people can easily see what time it is in their time zone without mistakes of daylight saving times and what not;
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html#

Cipher

Greevb
22nd December 2013, 12:19 PM
Day : Flexible
Time : Flexible
Kind of Race (e.g.: Circuits from Hell):Grand Circuit
Track : Sol 2, Metropia, Sebinco Climb Reverse/Forward, Ubermall, Anulpha Pass

Jonny
22nd December 2013, 12:29 PM
folks, as a bling brigade organizer, here's a tip;
Use the following for setting up times and dates, people can easily see what time it is in their time zone without mistakes of daylight saving times and what not;
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html#

Thats a good idea

Defjukie16
22nd December 2013, 12:42 PM
the reason I'm pushing back the round is that Harimau and Assegai are doing the same, and to keep everything together (scores, results) I just made it two weeks, now I just got out of work and in terms of racing at 12 GMT today we have:
For Icaras:
Defjukie16
scarfrogers
mannjon
CJ4717

For FEISAR:
Greevb
JonnydotB
keg11

So 12pm GMT has passed, and FEISAR needs a replacement, We could race at 2:00pm GMT if anyone is interested.

Greevb
22nd December 2013, 12:43 PM
I'm playing for Feisar? sick! Just let me know tracks and times.

Defjukie16
22nd December 2013, 12:48 PM
You are a reserve pilot for FEISAR, the other pilots from FEISAR haven't posted up so you're on the team.

Greevb
22nd December 2013, 01:15 PM
Understood though in any case pscyhed.

scarfrogers
22nd December 2013, 01:15 PM
I'm a bit confused with times. Are we meeting in 2 weeks? I was on at midday today (12). Prob be on sometime later :)

Defjukie16
22nd December 2013, 01:38 PM
No Scar, I work overnight and 12:00 pm GMT is 7:00 am EST and I had just got out of work at that time and I couldn't make the time today, but I can make it now between 2:00 - 6:00 pm GMT or 12:00 am GMT today, I extended the tournament another week because of the holiday season so next Sunday is the last day of Round 2.

mannjon
22nd December 2013, 10:56 PM
Do you know what circuit we will be doing? I need some Rapier practice.

Defjukie16
23rd December 2013, 11:44 AM
Oh I'm sorry mannjon I keep on forgetting, since I am on team Icaras and we are known for are speed, I vote for Grand Circuit.

mannjon
23rd December 2013, 12:14 PM
Now we're getting somewhere!

Kind of Race (e.g.: Circuits from Hell): EQ Tournament!
Track : Grand Circuit

keg_11
23rd December 2013, 09:09 PM
Kind of Race (e.g.: Circuits from Hell): Circuits from Hell
Track : (Confused on what this means, left it blank)

mannjon
23rd December 2013, 11:20 PM
LOL, I couldn't figure it out either!

AGSys
23rd December 2013, 11:25 PM
Alright sure...

Day: Flexible
Time (in GMT): 11pm-3am and then 11am-2pm.
Kind of Race: Grand Circuit

Jonny
24th December 2013, 04:51 PM
With track I mean the circuit...

Defjukie16
26th December 2013, 11:36 PM
Hey Guys, I was thinking about Sunday 2:00pm GMT? Or if that's too late 12:00pm GMT?

Greevb
27th December 2013, 02:49 AM
Am I still in back-up or am I racing?

keg_11
27th December 2013, 10:56 AM
Hey Guys, I was thinking about Sunday 2:00pm GMT? Or if that's too late 12:00pm GMT?

12PM would be more manageable as it'll be 11PM Aust EDT for me. It'll be even later for AGSys as he's in New Zealand.

TheConzio
27th December 2013, 02:16 PM
Quick update on my music :) http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?9442-My-First-Album&p=231703#post231703

AGSys
29th December 2013, 01:17 AM
So we'z doin' dis tuhday uhrr whut? And yes, keg_11's right, I'd much prefer 12PM more than anything, because I can actually participate at that time.

Defjukie16
29th December 2013, 02:34 AM
12pm GMT it is if everyone can make it.

mannjon
29th December 2013, 04:54 AM
12pm GMT tomorrow correct? Which is 6am for Central.

Or is it midnight tomorrow, which would be 6pm for Central?

I'll try to make it either way, I just need to know when, and I'll be there!

keg_11
29th December 2013, 11:02 AM
So 12PM Sunday 29th or Monday 30th? I'm (a little) confused and I almost forgot.

Cipher
29th December 2013, 11:23 AM
use this guys; http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html#
No confusion about time zones and what not ;)

Cipher

keg_11
29th December 2013, 11:28 AM
I had just written one up that states 12PM GMT (i.e. 27 minutes ago). Once we know without confusion the time we're running, I'll post it.

Defjukie16
29th December 2013, 02:03 PM
Ok, I see that there is a lot of confusion and unorganization on my part, sorry. I was on at 7:00am EST and I only saw two pilots come up and this is a problem that should have been dealt with long ago. Here's what we're gonna to do, I'm not gonna add another week to the tournament or anything of that nature, I ask team FEISAR to all become PSN friends and all of us are still in this round, come down to a time and date that's workable for all. I work overnights and have today and thursday off which I'm available anytime today and thursday night. Any other day I'm available from 8am to 12pm EST and 7pm to 9:00pm. I'll try to move anything around to make work.

- - - Updated - - -

To add if anyone wants to give me a right lashing, you deserve to.

keg_11
29th December 2013, 09:20 PM
I'm free all week except for Friday & Saturday. And looking at some of the organisation of round 1, 12AM GMT can work too, depending on how convenient is it for European pilots (12AM GMT = 7PM EST = 11AM AEDT).

Also, an idea I had, why not organised an event each night at the same time until we get most people on (w/ prior notification of course)?

mannjon
30th December 2013, 12:32 AM
Like practice runs in a private lobby for those interested?

- - - Updated - - -

I got to looking at it, and it seems that all the US pilots are within 1 hour of the same time zone. We also have Australia, and Europe to consider. Your midnight is my 6pm, and your noon is my 6am!

Defjukie16
30th December 2013, 02:46 PM
mannjon - add me on PSN and we'll see from there.

Keg - That is a good idea, I can make it tomorrow thru all week.

How's everyone else looking?

Greevb
31st December 2013, 07:15 AM
Ok so I got the PSN Message last night about pushing back the match, I went ahead and friend requested all pilots on both teams involved so we are now in forum and PSN connected for communication.

Personally I don't mind racing any speed class though, though now I play the faster ones and racing on Venom using messes me up a bit if not practiced. I'm not used to the turning being so slow and at times unnecessary. Though I'm flexible as far as match times/dates and can adjust to any speed and circuit track list if practiced. I'm mostly on wipEout HD or now wipEout 2048 daily ever since Xmas I got a PSVita and 2048 finally :D. So I'm trying to practice all tracks circuits and speeds more so to be ready for matches.

So about the match, if I'm reserve or racing either way I'm still practicing the tracks and speeds for each circuit simply because I enjoy it. Also in case I'm needed. If I'm not needed that's fine as well, I just like racing :D

As far as times and dates for me I'm pretty open and not busy with working and don't have any set plans right now aside a New Year's cook-out this 31st evening and it'll go over to January 1st 2014 morning a tad. Though even then it's still possible for me to get some time to race or my friends would just watch me race in the match they enjoy it. So as long as I know the time and date giving 1-3 days in advance. With my job and it being something I do on my own schedule even if I have a deadline it's easy to just change the time and then I can race no problem.

I'm GMT +1 here in Belgium, so mostly -1/+1 hr for most EU countries and my Mother is in WA like -9hr my time I think it's MST maybe not and my friend in TN it's I know -7hr to synch with my timezone and -6hr for those I know in FL/New England areas. But as I said as long as it's set date/time in 1-3 days advance I can just check the timezone myself and open up some time to race very easy.

Out of curiosity a few weeks back I asked Oryx Crake about if the matches are Standard Ship HD only or if people used both Fury/HD crafts and he said mostly it's been un-discussed and when I played my first circuit everyone obviously flew the Fury crafts due to the generally better specs for each team.

It's not anything that bothers me or anything, I'm just a member and I'm not trying to suggest a change to something I never organized originally. Though when I race in the past, even though I have all ships unlocked I'm mainly always using the HD ships with bases specs. Been using mainly Fury ships the past month to get better used to how they handle.

Though I was wondering if in general terms for informal/semi-formal matches that perhaps a ship class HD/Fury only or even circuits that are dedicated to only HD or Fury ships as a possible option later for hopefully future tournaments? Just a thought, open to thoughts and ideas.

So these are somethings I'm working on as well as to practice more for matches. Also looking into my network speeds rates and if I can do anything to get it upload/download speeds and better connected to my PS3 in hopes to reduce any lag if possible.

Thanks for the time to read my long post, just trying to clear some confusion and give information about when I can race if needed as reserve after-all. (Could be that medication I took earlier :P)

Cheers
-Greevb

Jonny
31st December 2013, 08:28 PM
I think we can run it this Sunday at 12 PM
What Circuit? :D

UberVoyager
3rd January 2014, 03:53 PM
I can race at almost any time. However, my school begins on Wednessday, so I would like to have it before that day. My timezone is like Belgium's, GMT+1.

keg_11
4th January 2014, 12:00 AM
Ok, considering nothing really solid has been organised (and also how long this has been stretched out), I'll start a game for Sunday 12PM GMT on the Grand Circuit (since most of us who have said). I'll open it bout 15-20 prior so people can come early.

AGSys
4th January 2014, 12:44 AM
I'm down for that.

Defjukie16
4th January 2014, 01:06 AM
12 PM GMT it is.

Greevb
4th January 2014, 09:24 AM
So we are for sure racing tomorrow Sunday the 5th, at 12hr GMT, which for me will be 13hr with my GMT +1 timezone. Also is it the Grand Circuit list that we are racing, which speed class?

Sorry still a little new to things, and ended up running the tracks for Mirage at Rapier Speeds. Also I thought the race started an hour before it did due to my negligence realizing I'm in GMT +1 time.

Also if people would like I've been meaning too do a write-up and post a short pilot introduction for myself, background, hobbies, interests, love of wipEout, work etc. If that's fine I'll just link it here after or it'll be on the forum under intros regardless.

-Greevb

PS - Thanks so much to everyone on this forum you have been very friendly, helpful, and it's a pleasure to meet and actually race with people whom still play the classic '95 wipEout all the way to 2048. To see such a active, positive, community is truly something I've enjoyed becoming a slow part of.

mannjon
4th January 2014, 01:37 PM
Yay! Greevb, can you send me a PM with this please? thnx!

keg_11
5th January 2014, 03:55 AM
So we are for sure racing tomorrow Sunday the 5th, at 12hr GMT, which for me will be 13hr with my GMT +1 timezone. Also is it the Grand Circuit list that we are racing, which speed class?

Yes, you're right: Sunday 5th; 12PM GMT (13hr GMT +1); Grand Circuit and this round, it'll be on Rapier class.

See you then!

Greevb
5th January 2014, 04:59 AM
Awesome, I'll be working a bit this morning but getting in some practice time now. Also a few hours before the match. It's funny how I used to only play venom speeds, though now I play Phantom and Rapier and switching back to slower ones kinda mess me up. I air-brake more then I should etc. lol

Also I'm living in Belgium and we use a shoddy internet provider, I'll sometimes get 9-15mb download speeds but it drops to even 3-5mb at times. I have my PS3 hardwired to my Router. Butif I just disconnected the router and directly used the modem connect would this perhaps reduce lag and delay. The last match I played and even online pub, sometimes I'll get a massive delay in hits or ships teleport around :\ Could just be the internet here sadly, though if anyone more technical in tweaking PS3 network settings or has any suggestions I'd be very grateful.

Cheers
-Greevb

Defjukie16
5th January 2014, 11:02 AM
I'm now on PSN!!! Add me and lets kick this round off!!!

AGSys
5th January 2014, 11:07 AM
As usual when something important is planned, another thing comes in the way to f*** it all up. It's just the natural order of things for me lol. Sorry for such short notice but I don't think I can participate as of this moment. We have guests over and things have gone on way longer than expected (it's like 1am here and they're all still up talking, watching TV and drinking booze) so I'm afraid I can't simply intrude on their little shindig. I may get a chance after a half hour to an hour or so but as it stands now, I don't think my presence on those tracks is probable. If you guys are okay with waiting for that long, then it's all good but if not I certainly don't blame you. Don't let one guy stop this.

Defjukie16
5th January 2014, 04:54 PM
Due to a large number of replacements needed, I'll post a list of all the players who helped out and join in round 2 of FEISAR vs. Icaras:

ALovelyLilith - FEISAR
marcingru - Icaras
Knux_Choatix - Icaras
Rapier Racer - FEISAR

ANULPHA PASS

Defjukie16 - 6
Pontiac400 - 2
marcingru - 1
Knux_Chaotix - 0

Keg_11 - 4
ALovelyLilith - 8
UberVoyager - 3
Rapier Racer - 5

THE AMPHISEUM

Defjukie16 - 9
Pontiac400 - 3
marcingru - 5
Knux_Chaotix - 2

Keg_11 - 4
ALovelyLilith - 16
UberVoyager - 9
Rapier Racer - 10

METROPIA (REVERSE)

Defjukie16 - 12
Pontiac400 - 4
marcingru - 5
Knux_Chaotix - 4

Keg_11 - 9
ALovelyLilith - 24
UberVoyager - 13
Rapier Racer - 16

THE AMPHISEUM (REVERSE)

Defjukie16 - 17
Pontiac400 - 4
marcingru - 6
Knux_Chaotix - 6

Keg_11 - 13
ALovelyLilith - 32
UberVoyager - 16
Rapier Racer - 22

MODESTO HEIGHTS (REVERSE)

Defjukie16 - 25
Pontiac400 - 5
marcingru - 6
Knux_Chaotix - 8

Keg_11 - 16
ALovelyLilith - 38
UberVoyager - 21
Rapier Racer - 26

TECH DE RA

Defjukie16 - 31
Pontiac400 - 6
marcingru - 10
Knux_Chaotix - 12

Keg_11 - 21
ALovelyLilith - 46
UberVoyager - 28
Rapier Racer - 31

VINETA K (REVERSE)

Defjukie16 - 32
Pontiac400 - 7
marcingru - 14
Knux_Chaotix - 15

Keg_11 - 25
ALovelyLilith - 54
UberVoyager - 29
Rapier Racer - 38

TALON'S JUNCTION (REVERSE)

Defjukie16 - 35
Pontiac400 - 9
marcingru - 14
Knux_Chaotix - 18

Keg_11 - 30
ALovelyLilith - 60
UberVoyager - 37
Rapier Racer - 42

UBERMALL

Defjukie16 - 35
Pontiac400 - 10
marcingru - 19
Knux_Chaotix - 20

Keg_11 - 33
ALovelyLilith - 68
UberVoyager - 43
Rapier Racer - 46

SOL 2 (REVERSE)

Defjukie16 - 41
Pontiac400 - 10
marcingru - 21
Knux_Chaotix - 25

Keg_11 - 37
ALovelyLilith - 76
UberVoyager - 46
Rapier Racer - 46

Team FEISAR: 205 Team Icaras: 97

mannjon
5th January 2014, 05:33 PM
Some future advice for a tournament like this:

1. More people would have been available back in December. If people can't be there for the 1st day specified, then they shouldn't play. Its as simple as that. Waiting for a month for a race to fit one person's schedule doesn't make sense.
2. If you are going to allow members to compete in events that have already lost their matches, why even eliminate teams in the first place? Nothing personal to any pilot, but Lilith was on team AG Sys, marcingru was on AG Sys, Knux was on G45, and I believe that RR was on team Assegai if I'm not mistaken. So essentially, half the people playing were on teams that already lost. Being knocked out should mean something. I'll admit that some of the pilots on losing teams are even way better than myself, but it doesn't matter.
3. If a team can't show up for an pre agreed upon day/time they should forfeit or compete without the full grid of competitors. Simple as that. If a reserve pilot isn't already scheduled on the roster, don't go looking for someone at the last minute. In the example for today, you needed 4 additional pilots to fill spots. That's HALF the pilots that were originally rostered in. Why even have teams if you are going to fill half the spots at the last second with whoever is online?
4. If you are going to give people second chances and leeway in time and dates, extend the same courtesy to everyone.
5. Team captains should be in control, let everyone know of updates, and confirm with everyone that the plan is confirmed.

This was my first tournament experience, and sure it was fun to meet some new people, but this was the most horribly organized event I've ever been a part of, and it will be my last one that I don't sponsor. I blame no one at all, especially not Knux to whom we all owe for doing such a great job initially organizing things ^_^

Time zones are tricky, but you have to respect everyone else. Just saying.

- - - Updated - - -

I did thoroughly enjoy round 1 however.

Knux_Chaotix
5th January 2014, 06:15 PM
@Mannjon I think most of the people involved feel the same way about the general lack of organisation. I voiced my concerns way back. Looking at the original start date of the tournament, its taken us almost A FULL YEAR to even get it moving, which to be fair is a bit ridiculous. The new tournament date was causing issues because it was during the Christmas Holiday season where a lot of people have been spending time with friends and family.

Yeah, I was a Team Goteki Pilot :P But I was messaged earlier today asking if I could stand in for a member of Team Icaras because there was a shortage in players. Obviously Im going to jump in and say yes because I really just want this to be over with now seeing as its gone on so long and people are getting impatient as hell with it. Most of the Pilots on losing teams are being used as reserves for no shows or people who cant make it, hence RR and Lilith were asked too. I honestly didnt mean to upset anyone by taking part. Im sorry :(

To be fully honest, I dont think the team racing thing worked too well due to a lack of numbers and reliable pilots. I think the time between events wasnt really helping much either. I dont think it was advertised correctly either, I did do my best to advertise and promote it as much as I could. I think it has been all the waiting and uncertainty thats put so many people off.

Yes, Team Captains should be in control and take charge etc. They should be able to handle the pressure of organising time, dates, time zone changes and other team members efficiently as well as being able to communicate with the their Team Captians to ensure the best possible outcomes.

Please dont be put off future Tournaments. Things usually flow much more smoothly. This was ultimately DefJukies Tournament idea, it was an interesting idea to explore and Im glad I took part, all I done was help out as much as I could, as did Conzio. The recognition is greatly appreciated. Im really sorry things went the way they did. Lets hope the future is brighter for big events like this.

DDD113
5th January 2014, 06:59 PM
Yeah, this tournament, which really was a cool idea initially, really never had a chance I guess. It's just too hard to coordinate team-locked events with people all over the world, and with all the step-ins, the teams have lost their entire identity, and that has changed and marred the outcomes and the tournament itself. I'm a supporter of non-team tournaments or simply Ozone-like meetings, because the logistics of this simply wouldn't work with everyone. :(

Maybe we could have a large tournament sometime in the near future with regional playoffs, such as, for example, all North Americans hold a tournament, and the top 2 from that advance, Europe does the same, and the top 2 advance, and Australia also does the same, sending their top 2 to the international 6 player final. That would make waaaay more sense with coordinating events, as far as being able to run the bulk of the tournaments with people in close time zones; the only real coordination challenge coming with the final, which would be 6 players for part of one day, which I do think could be worked out.

Jonny
5th January 2014, 07:14 PM
I was there at exactly 12 GMT and only keg_11, UberVojager and me there in the Lobby.
I gave up at half past twelve.

Mitchemous
6th January 2014, 12:40 AM
We should just have weekly races at the same time every week. Whoever makes it makes it. That way participation is values more rather than skill

Greevb
6th January 2014, 08:41 AM
Yeah I was on GMT +1 which is 13hr, waited literally till 16hr past and had to leave. Sorry I'd of loved to race but I'd only expect an 1-2 hr at most to get a match organized.

Bummer
-Greevb

UberVoyager
6th January 2014, 10:10 AM
Did no one record it? Because I would really like to see the footage of the races :|

Jonny
6th January 2014, 11:32 AM
Next time we say: "This date, this time, this circuit." Who has no time is missing.