PDA

View Full Version : What is Santa bringing YOU this YEAR?

blackwiggle
5th December 2013, 11:54 AM
Santa must have lost my address, or I've been :naughty for the last 53 years :eek

I don't know about you, but I got sick of the disappointment at Xmas presents and decided to do something about it.

So for about the last 10 years I've found a item I coveted and have made it my target to get as a "The Best Xmas Present Ever" :hyper:hyper, from me to me :)
It's never a disappointment, and I don't even need to wrap it.

I was thinking of getting a PS4, but then looked at it objectively and thought, no, it's only really a upgrade, nothing is really a game changer with it, and it's not really expensive enough to warrant "Xmas Present Status"

So, I re thought it.

I used to be a Pro Photographer, back when Film was used.
I haven't had anything except a crappy Canon point and shoot thing which I loath, for at least 10 years.
And how anybody can consider holding a smart phone with arms outstretched "Taking a Photo" is beyond me, so that has always been a none starter for me.
It's been more than 25 years since I sold my Pro gear.
So THIS YEAR ...:hyper:hyper:hyper

A new 36.7mp Nikon D800e with a nice Black Rapid sport strap, the matching MB-12 hand grip , MC-36a remote cord, a 64GB memory card and a heap of other [rather expensive accessories ]
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-d800-d800e
http://www.blackrapid.com/products/sport
"Thanks SANTA"!!!!

I feel 20 years younger just having a very close to pro level camera back in my hands ... [mind you, the 450 page instruction manual is like sitting a exam :brickwall]
Then there is the Cameras multiple menu's :eek

But it feels so nice .....except for the sheer weight of the thing.:redface:
I conveniently forgot what it felt like walking around with the equivalent of a brick on a piece of string around your neck was like, thankfully I did have the foresight to get a Black Rapid strap, so the weight is placed on one shoulder.

So, what has "Santa" lined up for you lot?

If disappointed yet again, you might want to think about my way of ensuring a "Merry Xmas" for yourself. ;)

Colonel
6th December 2013, 07:15 PM
Hopefully a dog in January :g

GekkoP
7th December 2013, 08:09 AM
I don't know. I hope my sister got the "arcade stick!" hint I sent her though.

Cipher
19th December 2013, 06:02 AM
i always ask my parents for nothing, but my mom doesn't take that, so i told her to get a USB-stick, i don't need much, the company of friends and family is enough for me :)
My dad got me a Suunto D9 which counts for all the holidays ^^
The things i would like are too expensive either way and i don't want anyone to buy that for me ;) (also been wanting a DSLR blackwiggle, congratz on your present, may it serve you well! :D )

Cipher

Synergy2048
19th December 2013, 08:18 AM
I'm hoping for a PS4 this Christmas or my birthday which is on the 21st.

KronicReaper
19th December 2013, 03:57 PM
Just money to buy MMA t-shirts, and Heavy Metal t-shirts for Christmas. Just spend time with friends and family too eat good homemade food on the table and watch football.

AGSys
21st December 2013, 08:31 PM
All I really want is something I can record my TV output with. I ain't got no other wishes lol :D And as Cipher said, my wishes tend to rather be a little more than just expensive. xD