PDA

View Full Version : SlipStream GX on Linux

unnamedXD
5th November 2013, 12:17 AM
Hello, I've been running SSGX on archbang using wine and it's runs perfect, but i can't use and configure my gamepad, the problem is that when i run the game it desn't run the launcher to configure the controls and video settings, it skip the launcher and start the game.
Anyone is having the same problem ?

docfo4r
6th November 2013, 08:24 PM
Hey there. Unfortunately, nobody of the core team has the ability to simulate your conditions right now. I also don't know that much about Linux etc. but did you try certain compability modes in case such things exist in the Unix world?

q_dmc12
13th November 2013, 10:30 AM
Hmm, I'll have to look into this..

miljoneir
15th November 2013, 05:32 PM
I advice you to install playonlinux, as it is a wine wrapper created just for getting games to work.

BrunoDG
5th August 2014, 04:02 PM
Hello, I've been running SSGX on archbang using wine and it's runs perfect, but i can't use and configure my gamepad, the problem is that when i run the game it desn't run the launcher to configure the controls and video settings, it skip the launcher and start the game.
Anyone is having the same problem ?

For the control Configuration, what I can tell you is that it's kinda... complicated.
But the guys from ArchLinux have an awesome tutorial that explains everything point to point here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/joystick
About that problem you were having about not running the launcher, I honestly dunno what's going on, but I think it's something regarding you wine configuration. Have you tried to re-wrap it on wine again or re-create your windows bottle?

PureSpeed7
31st July 2016, 09:59 PM
so... i dont think this needs its own thread, but... i downloaded the game for windows and whenever i try to open a file in the mzip it doesnt open it. I know that's probably the dumbest thing you've ever heard, but im not exactly a computer genius.:redface:

PureSpeed7
1st August 2016, 07:14 PM
Nevermind! I just figured it out... this is embarrassing