Sh*t...

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/18/driveclub-update/

Cipher
18th October 2013, 02:18 PM
it's better than delivering an unfinished product though :p

Cipher

Colonel
18th October 2013, 02:25 PM
I'm sure it's disappointing for those with PS4s on pre-order, but much better to delay it than rush it out for launch, half finished and full of bugs. I'd much rather they spent another couple of months on it and released a game that they can be proud of, that we'll all love from the start.

Easy for me to say, I'm not getting a PS4 til May ;). To be honest if I did have a PS4 on pre-order, I'd be cancelling it now and waiting til Drive Club is released. I'll probably only play a handful of PS4 games more than fleetingly, and Driveclub will certainly be one of those games.

EDIT: Actually I'll be perfectly honest and say I'm chuffed to bits about this. I was upset at the thought of everybody having Driveclub six months before me, the novelty wearing off before I even had a chance to play it. Not to mention the skill level everybody would be at by the time I arrived. This lessens that quite a bit, so I'm pleased. I know, selfish bastard aren't I?

Knux_Chaotix
18th October 2013, 02:58 PM
Awww nooo :( But its better than a half arsed buggy version being rushed out though. 2 games I was looking forward to for launch, both delayed lol.

@Colonel - Cheeky bugger!!! lol XD

Hellfire_WZ
19th October 2013, 10:24 AM
Looks like Club Altima will have to wait for a while then ;)

vincoof
21st October 2013, 08:14 AM
it's better than delivering an unfinished product though :p
This is true, nevertheless it’s sad that developers hide themselves behind this "excuse" to delay so many games.

DrMannevond
1st December 2013, 08:16 PM
I have a wild theory on this delay:

1. Sony was supposed to show off their VR headset earlier this year, but postponed it until early 2014.
2. Sony used Driveclub to demo the headsets internally.
3. Driveclub is postponed until early 2014.
4. ???
5. Profit!

Driveclub would be a great match for VR (cockpit view paired with wheel and pedals. Solves the problem of uh.. "bodily disambiguation".), and Sony needs a "killer game" to sell their headsets.