PDA

View Full Version : New PS VITA will allow you to play 2048 on your TV with PS3 controllers

JABBERJAW
9th September 2013, 05:26 PM
A console vita for 100$, awesome! You can use a dualshock controller. Not all games are supported that require in game touchscreen stuff, so I'm not sure about 2048. I can't read Japanese as there is a list if you can. I'll be first in line if it works. It is also said to work with a dual shock 4, which has a touch panel

Hellfire_WZ
9th September 2013, 05:45 PM
2048 isn't on the list unfortunately, confirmed by several others. There's quite a few other notable high profile omissions too. Shame, as if it could play 2048 I'd be all over it.

JABBERJAW
9th September 2013, 05:48 PM
Hopes dashed :(. Maybe they will make an add on touchpad or something. I'm not holding my breath. Psp games will play though!

I wonder if you can use a ps vita as a controller for it?

Amorbis
9th September 2013, 09:52 PM
I'll probably get one of these even without 2048, it'll still be a good way of playing Pulse, Pure and other stuff on a TV and with a Dual Shock 3.

For the touch controls you would think they could have added an on screen cursor activated with an unused button like L2/R2 and L3/R3. As it can stream PS4 games eventually the Dual Shock 4's touch pad might work for touch controls.

Knux_Chaotix
9th September 2013, 10:09 PM
My immediate thought went to playing Pure on the big screen *droooooooooooooool* I'll be getting one if I can.

DDD113
9th September 2013, 10:55 PM
Could you play Pure in the US, even if it wasn't released for Vita? (it says "Play PSP games" in the trailer)

JABBERJAW
10th September 2013, 12:56 AM
Yeah, pure and pulse should be quite awesome, and I'm still holding out hope for a firmware update for a cursor like you said for touch controls. 2048 would be so much easier to see on a big screen. I'm curious as to if you can charge your ps3 controllers through the USB port, and use the controller when it is plugged in. Also, I'm wondering if USB ps3 controllers will work.

Medusa
11th September 2013, 03:05 AM
Interesting news, thanks! PS Vita TV - it might be my mom's first console. LOL

multibodydynamics
11th September 2013, 01:30 PM
It would be great to play Wipeout 2048 with a Dual Shock 3 controller. Adding a cursor can't really be difficult so I'm hoping that 2048 gets a patch that makes this possible.

JABBERJAW
11th September 2013, 10:56 PM
Wouldn't a firmware update be more likely, like r stick for the cursor and r3 for the screen tap. That would work with all games. No way a patch for 2048 will happen

blackwiggle
12th September 2013, 10:28 AM
YAY! Finally I can play Wipeout 2048.:rock:rock:rock

The new VITA slim has been announced.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/ps-vita-tv-and-thin-ps-vita-announced/

Plus VITA TV.
http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130909c_e.pdf
The thing I like about VITA TV is that it gives the new VITA slim the same capabilities the PSP GO! had, namely the abiltity to mate PS3 controllers to it and output video to a TV.:)

It also seems that VITA TV might allow recording of VITA games [Not really sure, as from my very brief read it seems at least to me inferred in the PDF above] so Hellfire, you should be happy about that !:)

Happy Days.

This should see the zone far more active, as most people didn't get 2048 only because they, like me, find playing any Wipeout on a handheld torture.

Here's VITA TV in action [well promo video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MoTr_-FE0U#t=29

Knux_Chaotix
12th September 2013, 11:57 AM
As far as I understood, Wipeout 2048 was not compatable to play using Vita TV

blackwiggle
12th September 2013, 12:15 PM
Why is that?
I think you just take the game card out of your vita and stick it in the VITA TV box and off you go.
See the video above.

If it isn't compatible I think it would only be because of 2048's use of the VITA controls that differ from a PS3 controller.
Maybe a system update will make PS4 controller compatible and all will work out as hoped.

JABBERJAW
12th September 2013, 12:25 PM
Lets all hope for that. At this point the game would load ( probably) but you wouldn't be able to choose anything. Maybe the use of another ps vita plugged into the tv box could allow this as well.

blackwiggle
12th September 2013, 12:30 PM
I just found another YouTube video about this.
Reading the spiel in the video notes it says it will allow you to play VITA games via your PS4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_3258779751&feature=iv&src_vid=_MoTr_-FE0U&v=WHLj71zzwIo

All a bit confusing ATM, either way, it looks like 2048 will finally be able to played on a large screen.

EDIT: And by rights, if this gizmo allows games stored on VITA cards to be played on a big screen, then that will mean WO, PURE + DLC, PULSE + DLC and 2048 could all be played like that, as all can be stored and played on a current VITA.

I think this is as close to the Wipeout Holy Grail as we could reasonably expect, considering the age of the games.

OK, Found a explanation here.
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/1298257/ps4-release-date-price-controller-ps-vita-tv-specs-news

QUOTE:
The Vita TV micro console is essentially the guts of a PS Vita in a small box with an HDMI output. You plug it into a second TV in your home and then you can stream games and other video content from the PS4 to that screen

So, as seen in one of the videos, you put your VITA game card into the VITA TV micro console, it reads the game card, then runs it through the PS4.
Instant backward compatibility for old PSone downloadable titles, PSP downloadable titles and VITA titles. 8)

ID_7of9
12th September 2013, 03:25 PM
Thanks Blackwiggle for the detailed explaination. :) :) :)

Aeralys
12th September 2013, 04:03 PM
Nononononono.

The reason why 2048 is not playable on VITA TV is likely due to controller support. There are a few vita games that require/feature touch controls, like Uncharted, which will not be supported by VITA TV at it's launch. Also be aware that Dualshock 4 + PS4 streaming is also not available at the launch of the VITA TV, and is planned to be patched later.

My bets is that you can put the cartridge in and 2048 will display fine, but you'll be pressing accelerate and nothing will happen.

Either it was a decision by Sony or whoever calls the shots on 2048 now, that PS3 controls does not reflect/meet all the original designed controls of the game (to which I disagree).

More importantly Sony has no plans to release the VITA TV in the Western market. This may also reflect why some Western developed games are not supported at launch of the device.

See the game list here (In Japanese): http://www.jp.playstation.com/psvitatv/game/psvitalist/

AH's statement on releasing VTV outside Asia: http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20130912/302940/?P=2

ID_7of9
12th September 2013, 05:44 PM
:( :( ...

Hellfire_WZ
12th September 2013, 06:11 PM
I've merged Al's thread on the Vita TV from the other forum with this one, might as well keep it all in the same place

JABBERJAW
12th September 2013, 10:18 PM
Good news!

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/09/09/you-can-activate-touch-controls-on-ps-vita-tv-by-using-the-sticks/

"You are able to use touch controls with PS Vita TV after all, although it doesn’t sound like the most intuitive or natural of systems. Instead of flicking or tapping as you would on the Vita screen, you press L3 or R3 to activate a pointer, which can then be moved around.

It will be interesting to see how well this works – I can imagine that it would work brilliantly for some games, but rather poorly in others, and some games will still surely go unsupported due to stick movement instead of touch simply not being a viable option.

This comes from a FAQ on the Japanese PlayStation website, which also confirms a few other things including the transferring of save data between TV and Vita and that you’ll need a network account for video services, naturally.

Oh, and it has 1GB of memory built-in to get you going."

blackwiggle
12th September 2013, 11:00 PM
Aeralys wrote:
More importantly Sony has no plans to release the VITA TV in the Western market. This may also reflect why some Western developed games are not supported at launch of the device.

Taken from the Sony release statement of VITA TV in the PDF I gave a link to above.

PS Vita TV will be available first in Japan prior to any other regions, on November 14, 2013, at a recommended retail price (RRP) of 9,954 yen (including tax).

Why would Sony start a worldwide advertising campaign for a product if it only intends to sell it in Japan?

I think Sony might be able to manage a system software patch that would fix any control incompatibility [whatever they might be] with some VITA games, as the system is under two years old.
Sony must of set some control design parameters that had to be adhered to before the VITA's release, and since Studio Liverpool was SONY owned, you know that those control parameters would of be followed.

The way I see things panning out is the PS4 gets released end of Nov 2013, then VITA TV will be released to the rest of the world some time around Feb 2014, by then a system update would have been implemented that fixes any control problems.

And by March 2014 the Wipeoutzone is buzzing with people playing WO 2048, plus PURE/PULSE + DLC all on a big screen with a PS4 controller.
All setting new records for these games, as the new PS4 controllers fixes a know dead spot in the sticks, which Sony reports will be of most benefit to RACING GAMES :D

Slightly OT, but still relevent to both the VITA TV and the PS4.
The specs for HDMI 2 have finally been set, since HDMI specs can be changed in system software [you don't need to get new cables] any HDMI equipped device can have it's software written to take advantage of the new protocols, which if you look at the specs, you will see some pretty amazing stuff will be possible.

And I expect Sony to take full advantage of these new spec with both the PS4 and VITA TV.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/hdmi-2-0-explained/

Aeralys
13th September 2013, 07:49 AM
Don't get me wrong. I wasn't saying never, but as you say I certainly don't expect it'll show face here until PS4 is available globally along with DS4 Support.

Even so I'm going to hold my breath and hope as all of this is a void argument for most of us until 2048 shows up in a confirmed compatible game list.

blackwiggle
13th September 2013, 08:03 AM
Well seeing the PS4 controllers emulate the controls on a VITA, plus more, I'm really not that worried about Sony possibly screwing this all up for we Wipeout tragic's

It would take some really Herculean effort for them to purposely stuff it up.

JABBERJAW
13th September 2013, 12:08 PM
Did you read my last post on page two? They do have a cursor for selecting if it is touch screen specific. It ay be a bit longer to select a course, but looks like it will work now

Aeralys
13th September 2013, 12:18 PM
If it's built in a way that there's some master conversion script to translate VITA controller input from DS3/DS4, then every VITA game should work, like how emulators work on a PC and the GameCube Gameboy Player.

It still strikes me as odd, or at least suggests there's a good reason why the compatible game list even exists and does not include 2048 and Uncharted.

blackwiggle
13th September 2013, 07:07 PM
Yes JABBERJAW I did see your previous post.

I don't know?
I'm in a quandary

Am I becoming as RUDE as the current generation?

I could write brutal essay on the topic
I think I might have to

Just tom make bad spelling Guood, Iff U No what I meen.
R U ready 4 it :brickwall

GEEZZ, I think a little bit of LANCE crept out.
[Not a bad thing]

Autechom
12th February 2014, 12:19 PM
Well, I got Vita TV from Japan, but it doesn´t work in any way. I even cannot transfer a downloaded PSP game from the PS 3 to Vita TV or play a Vita game (that should work) due to local restriction. I guess these services will be made available when Vita TV is available here. So, I hope to be able to play at least the WO PSP games. As for 2048 I doubt they will do anything with this game since it is very unlikely to make it sell better then.

Cipher
25th September 2015, 12:27 AM
GUYS GUYS GUYS!!! Wipeout2048 is now supported on PS Vita TV!!!!!!!

Hyyyyyyyypppeeee!!!

Cipher

Ace3000
25th September 2015, 03:08 AM
Wait, what?! Really? That's awesome! I'm assuming we'd have to update the system first?

Hellfire_WZ
25th September 2015, 07:26 AM
It's via a hack apparently, but there's quite a few people on places like NeoGAF reporting that 2048 works.

Hope this is true, if it is I may have to resurrect my 2048 beginners tutorial ;)

Cipher
25th September 2015, 08:06 AM
Yeah, i just got a tweety telling me

Here's how; http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/tutorials/how_to_install_the_pstv_whitelist_patch_v1.html
Come on Sony! Let us have our fun officially already!! It works, so why not *snif snif*

I might give it a go tho, hopefully they don't patch it by then >.>

Cipher

Ace3000
25th September 2015, 08:30 AM
Right, but there's still no way of bypassing the stupid HDCP that I know of without buying things I can't get here, so I can't record anything off it.

Cipher
25th September 2015, 09:05 AM
A simple HDCP splitter does the job (That supports HDMI 1.3 (not the others)), i ordered mine lol, now to order a PS Vita TV when it's on sale :p

i bought this one; http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Powered-Splitter-1080P-VHD-1X2MN3D/dp/B004F9LVXC

(Funnily enough, it was cheaper for me to buy it on Amazon America than any of the european amazons..... talk about ecological footprint..)

Cipher

Ace3000
25th September 2015, 09:27 AM
Yep, that's the thing I can't get here, Amazon AU doesn't do anything other than books, and I'm pretty sure that it'd cost a lot to ship it here.

EDIT: Oh, it's actually not that much for shipping. Well what do you know, not everything has stupid high shipping rates.

multibodydynamics
25th September 2015, 04:21 PM
Bought a PSTV today and tried it. I can confirm that Wipeout 2048 works!!! Zooming in and out was a bit difficult to find out. Press L3 and R3 at the same time. Hold both L2 and R2 and move sticks together or apart to zoom in or out.
I wonder what will happen with next firmware update. Will they unlock everything or patch the exploit?
EDIT:
The hack is supereasy!
It is done on official firmware 3.52. You have to install an email client on your PC. Very easy. Then disable supersafe mode on Gmail. Also easy. This is done to make Gmail work on PSTV. Then just apply the hack with one mail and then edit system settings with one more mail to make all Vita games playable except those who use the front camera. This makes WO2048 run on PSTV. It is utterly f-ing amazing!!! I'm blown away!

JFthebestJan
25th September 2015, 09:06 PM
online play isn't possible, i guess? can you show a video of it beeing played on big screen, plz ;)

Cipher
25th September 2015, 09:22 PM
I'm not sure JF, here's the tweet https://twitter.com/Staz117/status/647140992081096704
Has a short vid ;)

Cipher

JFthebestJan
25th September 2015, 09:34 PM
that looks impressive XD i need just a pstv, right? i have the cartridge and a ds3 instead of ds4 should work too, i hope.

Cipher
25th September 2015, 09:41 PM
It does work online, he replied just now

https://twitter.com/Staz117/status/647525204479094786

And yup, ps vita, email address and controller, it's easier to control the menus with ps4 controller, but DS3 works too ;)

Cipher

Darkdrium777
25th September 2015, 11:14 PM
I guess I will finally play WipEout 2048 for the first time. It's too bad that it's still through glitches that you can use the product how you want to use it. That mentality of control is horrible.

I'm sure this will be patched though, so once again if you want to retain that ability you'll have to get kicked off the network forever.

Cipher
26th September 2015, 12:21 AM
It used to work on one of the early Japanese PS Vita TVs as well, was tempted to get one, but they were all overpriced by the time i knew about it :/

And yeah, it sucks if this gets patch :(

Cipher

JFthebestJan
26th September 2015, 01:00 AM
simply don't patch the system then ;)

Cipher
26th September 2015, 01:03 AM
That means you can't get online, it always asks to update as soon as you try to go online, it signs you out if you cancel it ;)

Cipher

multibodydynamics
26th September 2015, 10:44 AM
There might be exploits to solve that problem.
EDIT:
Just to clarify, what I mean is that I have read about exploits that tricks PSN to think that you are running the latest firmware even if you are not. The important part for all who want to use this exploit is to stay on 3.52! When Sony releases the next firmware we have to check what the changes are. There might be a slim chance that they actually reconsider and make all Vita games playable on the PSTV but the most likely to happen is that they patch the exploit. In that case we need to stay on 3.52 and look out for exploits so that we can go online even if 3.52 isn't the latest FW anymore. These kind of exploits have been done before and apparently lots of things are now possible to do with the PSTV running 3.52... The mail client seem to be particularly vulnerable.... :) :) :)

JFthebestJan
27th September 2015, 01:49 PM
amazon asks 46€ for pstv, i'll see if my local e-store merchant can get me a better price. i need this device now :D

Cipher
27th September 2015, 03:13 PM
Which amazon is that?? o_O

Amazon.supercheap ???

Cipher

JFthebestJan
27th September 2015, 03:20 PM
amazon germany

Cipher
27th September 2015, 03:27 PM
Aaaah the black one, i really want the white one though, white is freaking sexy!! (No racism intended)
Thx for the info :)

Cipher

JFthebestJan
27th September 2015, 06:08 PM
but there's a white one for japan only, at least on amazon germany. and it costs 147€! that's way too much imho. but 46€ for the black one is ok. will use it for the three portable wipeouts mostly. so no need for an additional memory card either (one gb is onboard)

Cipher
27th September 2015, 08:49 PM
Yeah i know it's the japanese edition, they get all the cool stuff, not fair :P

I'll search some more for a cheaper listing somewhere, but the difference is indeed ridiculous, just for a color *smh*

Cipher

multibodydynamics
27th September 2015, 09:37 PM
So there was only one annoying thing about this exploit and that is that the whitelist somehow returned to its original state after a while. Apparently, that little PSTV makes a little tricky maneouver and calls home a little now and then and downloads the list to restore it to its original state. In other words, the exploit had to be made again and again. That has now been fixed. ;)
1. Log on to your router. http://192.168.0.1/
2. Go to URL Filter (or something similar, I have a D-Link).
3. Add vitacl.ww.dl.playstation.net
4. Add vitacl.xx.dl.playstation.net
5. Done. The list can no longer get restored.

Cipher
27th September 2015, 10:06 PM
Interesting o_O
Thx for the infos, unfortunately i don't have router access here tho, so if i get it, i'a have to do it over and over :p

But christ Sony, are you really that anal about people only being able to play what you allow them to? Dafuq?

Cipher

Darkdrium777
28th September 2015, 02:46 AM
But christ Sony, are you really that anal about people only being able to play what you allow them to? Dafuq?

Um. Yeah. That's kinda been their MO since the PlayStation 3.

But what about just not connecting to the internet after doing that glitch?

blackwiggle
28th September 2015, 05:18 AM
Um. Yeah. That's kinda been their MO since the PlayStation 3.

But what about just not connecting to the internet after doing that glitch?

Exactly.
I only bought the PSTV to play the PSP wipeout games, so finally having the ability to play 2048 is a bonus.
besides, since the PSTV has been a bit of a flop....[I wonder why, with Sony crippling it :| ] so they are quite easy to find discounted,if not second hand on Ebay not that they were every that expensive to begin with.

By the way, I don't see why Sony would bother to fix this exploit, as if they legitimised it, it would probably lead to a lot more sales of VITA games.

I strongly suspect it was at the urging of Sony's legal department, that probably warned of a legal apocalypse of company destroying law suits happening if Sony allowed any games that might not have full 100% compatibility with the PSTV......where in actuality, all Sony had to do to test all VITA games, and to give fair warning on any game it found that might have problems in that area.....they could still do that and save face, and probably save the PSTV from a early demise to to lack of support.

But that would be showing common sense, and Sony hasn't shown that trait in years.

multibodydynamics
28th September 2015, 07:17 AM
I've been playing a little more 2048 today. This exploit is just sick! Did a Zone race on Downtown. Awesome!!! Zone mode looks really nice on a 60" screen. :) Tried to play the HD Fury DLC online. Worked. Felt super-weird playing HD Fury with DS3 on a big screen with 2048 HUD and music. Tried Detonator aswell. That didn't look good at all. One issue though. A problem that I think can be difficult to get around. Playing the 2048 online campaign is not working. The game always crashes when an online race is about to start. At first I didn't understand why this happened but now I've realised that it happens when the game tries to activate the front camera (you always get a photo opportunity before an online race). There is no camera so an error code appears and the game stops working. Single player campaign works 100%. Record tables update correctly aswell. URL blocking also works. I've never had to repeat the exploit process. I'm happy. :)

blackwiggle
28th September 2015, 10:02 AM
Couldn't you somehow have a photo pre loaded to be used for that?
Or have a PSeye attached via USB to recreate the VITA's camera?
I never bothered with the VITA as it never had the ability of it's nearest predecessor , the PSP GO!, of being capable to be played on a big screen like this hack has enabled it to do.
I still haven't got this hack working yet, only because my router/modem is playing up while trying to set it up [my PS4 couldn't connect either till just now]....plus I haven't used Gmail in many years, so I only just got the account reactivated...with the shock of about 300+ unread emails :redface:

Just for a laugh, can somebody check to see if the trophies work.

EDIT: I'm getting the very dubious "Chinese Hacking charterers" on my Firefox web browser AS SOON AS I OPEN THE WRITE EML....it's a Chinese based hack on Sony.
I've suffered this before.....it's a hacking "Call/Response" thing that Firefox shows up.....which shows that the Chinese are good at Hacking, but **** at hiding it, as it shows the real time reading of the hack as seen by them...[So I've been told by Firefox mavens ]

It seems it just can't wait to be installed on the PSTV and is waiting to report, so best practice, is to download the email that will open the hack, but disconnect prior to doing so, and never bother having the PSTV on-line again, use a PS3 or PS4 to download new content for the PSTV , but make sure it is offline when you do.

How dangerous ?
They are gathering info from Sony on user preferences, plus trying to crack other stuff if given the chance as I'm lead to believe......they are smart, but not very good, as their exploits are shown due to glitches in their hacking software with Firefox.

I can't get it to install anyway, after numerous attempts, when I get to the final phase of the operation, I get a error message saying this program is not compatible....my system software hasn't updated, so I have no idea what the problem is.....is it a Region thing?....Anybody else in Oceania got this thing working?

Rapidly losing interest after the amount of time I've spent trying to get this F***er to work

Hybrid Divide
28th September 2015, 05:36 PM
Really?! OMG! I'm glad I never updated my Vita TV! Can we get the scoop on how to do this?! Someone post a link, please!

JFthebestJan
28th September 2015, 05:59 PM
2048's online mode not available isn't a big lost anyways. zone mode + maybe speedlaps is where the game shines brightly.

multibodydynamics
28th September 2015, 07:34 PM
A user named webkatt posts a very detailed description here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1116430&page=8

A few things to clarify:
1. Use Thunderbird and configure it with your Gmail. Others have tried Outlook and apparently that causes a lot of trouble.
2. To get Gmail running on PS TV you have to allow less secure apps in Gmail settings. www.gmail.com
3. Make sure file extensions are shown in Windows. Go to folder settings and enable it if they are hidden. Rename the file to #0.
4. To make the exploit permanent 2 URLs have to be blocked in your router. See my post earlier in this thread for details.

EDIT:
I can confirm that trophies work. Just got my first one in Velocity Ultra and WO2048 trophies are visible among the others in the Trophies app.

Cipher
28th September 2015, 08:09 PM
I'll be able to tell you if this also works on the japanese edition of the PS Vita TV in a couple days, ordered mine ;)

Cipher

JFthebestJan
28th September 2015, 08:14 PM
you need the japanese version of 2048 too, i guess

Cipher
28th September 2015, 08:15 PM
Nope, jp ps tv isn't region locked and once upgraded to the firmware 3.2 you can use european accounts ;)

Cipher

Hybrid Divide
28th September 2015, 08:22 PM
It'll be interesting to see how much more those Vita TVs sell once word of these hacks become more widespread...

I've got a USA version of the Vita TV, and of WipEout 2048. I really hope it'll work.

It might be a day or so early, but this is a nice WipEout 20th anniversary gift for us pilots! :D

Cipher
28th September 2015, 08:25 PM
Once these hacks become more widespread, the likelihood of sony fixing the exploit becomes bigger, because as awkward as it may seem, writing files to the PS Vita by simply attaching it to a mail with some naming conventions shouldn't be a thing :P
This same method can probably be exploited to do malicious stuff as well

Cipher

JFthebestJan
28th September 2015, 08:28 PM
orbital, cipher, and me, that's three newly sold units for them ;)
there's even three games coming as a download voucher with the system, none of them owned by me :D

Hybrid Divide
28th September 2015, 08:45 PM
Once these hacks become more widespread, the likelihood of sony fixing the exploit becomes bigger, because as awkward as it may seem, writing files to the PS Vita by simply attaching it to a mail with some naming conventions shouldn't be a thing :P
This same method can probably be exploited to do malicious stuff as well

Cipher

I guess I won't be updating my Vita TV, then. Or I'll buy a second one for dirt cheap.

Cipher
29th September 2015, 02:13 AM
I dunno what i'll do yet tbh, i hope the next firmware update remains long away XD

But the reason wipeout's on the blacklist is probably because of the camera crash as mentioned by orbital, the ps vita firmware probably misses the Camera Function calls, meaning wipeout 2048 can't find the code it needs and crashes, Sony could easily fix this by creating a dummy function call though >.>

Also, did you know, the ps vita (PCH-1000) has the same built in upscaler as the ps vita tv? They had plans for it to be able to video output (probably that one port where nobody knows its function), but then it was scrapped so they could bring out the vita tv for more moneyz >.>

Cipher

multibodydynamics
29th September 2015, 06:59 AM
Quick note about the URL blocking method. It is of course a very convenient way to make the exploit permanent. However, I have noticed that PS Store isn't working normally with this URL blocking active. I have to disable it if I want to use the PS Store and probably have to repeat the exploit process again. Just a heads up if anyone tries it.
I've tried many other functions on the PS TV with the URL blocking active (downloading game patches, trophies, messaging, internet browser). Everything else works.

Hybrid Divide
29th September 2015, 03:56 PM
I was under the impression that an updated version stopped the camera crash. Was I mistaken?

Cipher
29th September 2015, 04:10 PM
I think you are, the crash happens, so multiplayer doesn't work, but everything else works fine, both off and online ;)

Cipher

multibodydynamics
30th September 2015, 09:20 AM
Watch out. New firmware is incoming!
http://wololo.net/2015/09/29/new-playstation-vita-system-software-to-be-available-in-a-few-days/
It will most likely patch the exploit so we will be forced offline. 2048 online play was not working anyway. Don't update even if you are using URL blocking! I think that the new FW might contain the original whitelist.

Cipher
30th September 2015, 09:35 AM
Well that was fast lol

Everybody download the firmware here while you still can; https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps-vita/

And then just update using USB ;)

Cipher

JFthebestJan
30th September 2015, 11:13 AM
on the official website, it's clearly stated to not use the north american update on pal systems! so download the update from the european sony site.

Cipher
30th September 2015, 11:29 AM
:O

I didn't know that one! Thx! Now i wonder if this also applies to the japanese edition >.<

Cipher

EDIT: i can't seem to find a European download? o_O

The asia version is here; https://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/support/sysupdate?id=452&platformId=362#perform
(all the way at the bottom)

multibodydynamics
30th September 2015, 11:54 AM
Are mails stored locally on the PSTV? If they are not then the exploit will be impossible to perform when the new firmware has been released. The system will ask for the latest firmware when you try to access the exploit mails. To be on the safe side people should use the URL blocking method. That way the exploit is permanent.

Cipher
30th September 2015, 12:11 PM
I can open and read mails without signing into PSN o_O

I don't recall, but does it push a notification about a firmware update even if you're not signed into the PSN network?
(Some mails are stored locally yes, but i don't know about their attachments)

Cipher

JFthebestJan
30th September 2015, 12:56 PM
new update is 3.55 and i already installed it on my normal psvita. email app is still there, so the explooit might be possible still?!

multibodydynamics
30th September 2015, 02:41 PM
It is confirmed on www.wololo.net that the exploit no longer works on 3.55. Apparently the so called Fail-mail exploit may still work if it is done on 3.52 BEFORE updating to 3.55. I don't dare trying it though! I'm gonna sit back and wait a while for more info.

Cipher
30th September 2015, 03:03 PM
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit >.<

The doing it before the firmware upgrade probably only applies to the custom stuff, the white (black) list is probably overwritten as soon as you install the new firmware (and as you mentioned in the past, it calls home once in a while to retrieve an updated list anyway)

Hopefully i'll be able to update the vita tv with the downloaded files from earlier and continue from there :/

Cipher

Edit;
Seems like i'll be able to update manually to 3.52 and then do the exploit ;)
http://www.guidingtech.com/42173/offline-update-ps-vita-firmware/

multibodydynamics
30th September 2015, 04:36 PM
Okay people. Do NOT update to 3.55!!! Wipeout 2048 might still launch but if the whitelist defaults for whatever reason you are totally smoked and Wipeout 2048 will be unplayable again. Stay on 3.52. There is something called Vita Update blocker. What that is? I don't know. I'm gonna try to find out.
EDIT:
Okay. I've read what I can find about Vita Update Blocker. It can enable internet access and PS Store functionality but apparently it is time limited and only works about a week after a new FW release. Looking at it with Wipeout eyes it is not worth the effort.

blackwiggle
1st October 2015, 02:45 PM
Listening to Motzilla/Firefox programmers [it is a open software environment- I have it running on 3 PC's] I only had the problem with the Chinese characters showing on the only PC I used to download the VITA HACK......irony.

I think it was well less than 18 hours after my last post saying I couldn't get the hack to work, Firefox got updated....:rolleyes::?
[The Hack recommended using Thunderbird...so pretty much as a as course, most, if not all would be of Thunderbird users, would be also be using FireFox ...think about it]

Luckily it only infected one PC.......having suffered this sort of hack before with Firefox.....best practice is [if you are using it as your primary browser], download a Firefox/Thunderbird ] add on , called MOZBackUp.
http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

Use it to back up all you Emails/ settings in Thunderbird, and Favorites/Firefox....you need to do it once for each program.

Then delete Thunderbird & Firefox from you PC ...By clicking Start> Control panel> Programs> Unistall or change a program
Run a Virus scan on your PC

If all clear ....then use IE to find the Mozilla site, re download the newest version of Firefox & Thunderbird, then use MozBackup to re install all your emails /email settings and Firefox favourites/bookmarks.

That gets rid of the CRAP :clap

Pity this hack didn't work...well for any length of time.......maybe it will be a wake up call to Sony to stop listening to their Legal Dept [or letting it and the marketing fools run the company]....and listen to their customers...who are becoming fewer each year.

Hybrid Divide
2nd October 2015, 06:32 PM
Got the hack working last night... AND LOVING IT!

Only flaw I've noticed so far is that when restarting a race, I've had a number of crashes. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to mention it.

Still, that's a small price to pay for playing it on a big screen, and with a PS3 controller that doesn't kill my hands!

silverstone
3rd October 2015, 06:04 AM
I managed to get the hack to work, but i'm using a DS3 and cannot figure out how to navigate the touch screen menu's with it. I watched the tutorial on youtube linked to earlier in the thread, which advised pushing down on the analog sticks to bring up a pointer, but that didn't work. Can someone clue me in? I'm on firmware 3.20.

edit: nevermind. Had to enable "use touch pointer in games" under the ps quick controls! :)

silverstone
3rd October 2015, 11:16 AM
So.. is it possible to copy my vita save/progress to my pstv, without going online? Any of the methods available through content manager force you to sign in, before which you have to update your firmware.

Cipher
3rd October 2015, 11:40 AM
There's a different version of CMA called Open CMA which allows you to transfer stuff whilst remaining offline ;)

Cipher

leungbok
25th October 2015, 01:32 PM
I tried the hack with a used european pstv (firm. 3.20) and it works fine :)
It's great to play on a big screen with a real controller (ds4),and it's an opportunity to jump into wipeout nostalgia :D

multibodydynamics
25th October 2015, 07:58 PM
I had a lot of fun with it also. I played Zone on all 10 levels and it was amazing. I read somewhere that it was possible to update to 3.55 if you had already done the hack and blocked the URL in your router. Since I thought it was a bit boring to be forced to play offline (and not being able to access online leaderboards) I did the update. It didn't work. The list got reset somehow. Seems like Sony has changed something. So I'm stuck on 3.55 with 2048 blocked again. :(

Cipher
25th October 2015, 08:13 PM
You can hard reset your PS Vita to get the original firmware back Orbital ;) (Although it might be an older firmware version than the one you had)

I also managed to get it to work, but i am experiencing some noticeable input delay, however that might be because i'm stuck on an default manufacturer firmware of 2.60 which may not have been optimised yet :/ (not sure)

Cipher

Hellfire_WZ
25th October 2015, 08:32 PM
Is the Vita TV still being shipped with older firmware? I may splash out this week but this'll pretty much be the only reason, if it's being shipped with 3.55 there's no point :?

leungbok
25th October 2015, 09:03 PM
to have a model with an old firmware was the main reason why i purchased a used one (the lower price is another advantage ;))

Cipher
26th October 2015, 12:04 AM
@Charlie Mine, brand new, was shipped with firmware 2.60 (i bought the japanese value pack (includes white japanese DS3 (x & o swapped around)), but as i said, i don't recommend that one as it has input delay and i'm not sure what causes it, firmware, hardware, or the game itself. Apart from setting the TV to game mode and having the DS3 directly hooked up to the Vita TV via cable i don't know what else i can do, maybe it was the resolution? (720p60)
I could try a lower resolution, see if the problem persists ^^

In fact, i'll try that right now :P

EDIT: Nope, resolution does not change anything, but i have noticed that the D-Pad seems to be more responsive than the stick, maybe it's just because of the sensitivity of the PS Vita stick in comparison with the DS3 stick, the D-Pad is still delayed though, which could be due to the pressure sensitive input, not sure
(Loading times are pretty bad btw, i don't remember them being this long on PS Vita, but again, i'm running old firmware)
EDIT2: yup, the stick delay is because of a dead zone around the center, can easily be tested by trying to look backwards, it doesn't flip until you move the stick way further down than you're supposed to >.< (Which could possible be fixed in a new firmware version, i don't know)
EDIT3: Now with the D-Pad it is a lot more fun though :)

Cipher

leungbok
26th October 2015, 12:41 PM
Thinking about it, when i look at the feedback on pstv, i guess the selling isn't big enough for sony to manufacture new models. I imagine that the existing stock is sufficient to fill the demand. So the firmware on any ps tv should be equal or lower than 3.52, but i'm not 100% sure.
Even with the latest fw there's still the possibility to hack the device and to downgrade (not a satisfying solution i agree)... and also who knows if a new update will not allow what the hack do.

Cipher
26th October 2015, 06:05 PM
Even with the latest fw there's still the possibility to hack the device and to downgrade

If it's not allowed on the forums, disregard the question, but how do you do this? Everywhere i've researched it says downgrading is impossible without resetting the system?? o_O

Cipher

leungbok
26th October 2015, 07:19 PM
Making available 2048 on pstv isn't something official, it's already a hack (even if it's a small one), that's why i suggested that solution (but it's not satisfying we're okay).

Pico de Goroh
30th November 2015, 12:10 AM
Is there any way to update to firmware 3.55 without losing the ability to play 2048?

I'm trying to connect to my PS3 to bring over the HD/Fury DLC, but it's telling me to update my PSTV. Also, I'd like to get 2048 patched so I won't have to deal with these long load times. Online play would be awesome but that's at the end of my priority list.

Amaroq Dricaldari
30th November 2015, 05:22 AM
Maybe we could start one of those online petitions to get Sony to add 2048 to the list of supported games, or better yet to put a PS Vita/PSP emulator on the PS4. That would be great, assuming Sony would even listen.

- - - - -

On the context of the game itself, has anybody tried the motion controls in 2048 with a DS3 or DS4? Also, couldn't you just use a PS Vita memory card to transfer save data from your Vita to your PSTV?

multibodydynamics
30th November 2015, 08:55 AM
Is there any way to update to firmware 3.55 without losing the ability to play 2048?

I'm trying to connect to my PS3 to bring over the HD/Fury DLC, but it's telling me to update my PSTV. Also, I'd like to get 2048 patched so I won't have to deal with these long load times. Online play would be awesome but that's at the end of my priority list.

No. The list gets reset. Don't update!

Pico de Goroh
30th November 2015, 11:54 PM
Yeah, I agree we should petition Sony to add WO2048 to the whitelist. They did it for at least one other game at one point.

But yeah, I'm not going to update my firmware, until I hear it is safe to do otherwise via some new exploit. I patched the actual game though, and now it runs better which is cool

Cipher
1st December 2015, 01:37 AM
I doubt they'll ever allow it because of the crashes upon trying to access the camera for online race/combat events
They could fix that by making dummy camera functions which just pass a smiley picture or something (or ps vita tv logo for extra marketing or whatever), but Sony is lazy as fk :/

Does anyone else experience a dead zone around the center of the stick btw? (you can test it with reverse view (gently pull the right stick down, if it doesn't do anything -> dead zone))

Cipher

Amaroq Dricaldari
6th December 2015, 06:03 PM
We could double-petition Sony, one petition to add 2048 to the white list and the other to put a Camera Placeholder. I'll fire up change.org, but I am horrible at writing petitions.

MrThunderwing
6th December 2015, 10:00 PM
I'll sign up for that in an instant and will happily share on social media.

Amaroq Dricaldari
7th December 2015, 04:52 AM
Until I can write something half-decent, has anybody tried the motion controls yet? I don't have a PS TV, so I wouldn't know, but I have experimented with the motion controls on the Vita, and they actually seem to be a pretty viable option for the Pir-Hana Prototype.

silverstone
7th December 2015, 06:13 AM
I doubt they'll ever allow it because of the crashes upon trying to access the camera for online race/combat events
They could fix that by making dummy camera functions which just pass a smiley picture or something (or ps vita tv logo for extra marketing or whatever), but Sony is lazy as fk :/

Does anyone else experience a dead zone around the center of the stick btw? (you can test it with reverse view (gently pull the right stick down, if it doesn't do anything -> dead zone))

Cipher

Yup. It makes the game un-playable for me.. I kind of wish i hadn't bothered. If only i could use my vita as a controller for the pstv.. alas.

Cipher
7th December 2015, 06:14 PM
Same, it's a bit better with D-pad, but the issue is still there since the DS3 d-pad is digital and pressure sensitive (same with all the other buttons)
It's really unfortunate, because it runs really smooth and plays nicely >.<

Cipher

Amaroq Dricaldari
7th December 2015, 09:07 PM
Wait, what do you mean by runs really smooth? The PS Vita TV and the PS Vita have the same hardware.

Cipher
7th December 2015, 09:30 PM
But the PS Vita doesn't run in 720p60 :p

Cipher

Pico de Goroh
12th December 2015, 07:40 PM
Neither does the PSTV.

It is running at an internal resolution of 544p, and just uses simple gpu scaling to run different external resolutions. So really you're just getting a more blurry picture than you would on an actual Vita.

I think the 1080i option should look the best, considering you can zoom in 4 steps beyond the picture border, which may mean that you're getting a perfect 540 lines every frame. This may mean that you're getting perfect integer scaling, but I haven't analyzed the picture very deeply to see if this is actually what is happening. I can say that it looks better in motion than 720p or 480p

Cipher
12th December 2015, 11:01 PM
Yeah i read the original Ps Vita (PCH-1000) has the same upscaling chip already built in, just not available to the public, which is unfortunate (It was removed in the new one though), still the 720p and 1080i options allow for video capture as it's a standard video format, where 544p is not (A lot of capture devices only support international video standards) so it's still a plus imho
I'm not a fan of interlaced video though, especially when editing >.> (It's also not as smooth and line syncing becomes an issue for high speed movement (aka wipeout (although the synced lines might not be an issue if the implementation is properly coded to use the GPUs backbuffer in combination with the swap chain, but i dunno how they do it on vita))

Cipher

Varsh
27th December 2015, 05:43 PM
I've completely given up on Sony fixing this issue. They've even stopped support for the Vita so I doubt they'll have any support left on the PS TV. Well worth the cost when it first launched but I can't see them adding 2048 to the whitelist, unless they make a USB adapter for the PS4 camera. :D

The PS TV doesn't seem to be too blurry when upscaled, it is noticeable but I don't find it an issue. Interlacing though is a problem but if you set the PS TV to 720p then you'll be sorted. You can get filters to created double framing in Premiere or Vegas so you shouldn't have issues when creating videos that are interlaced.

blackwiggle
31st December 2015, 06:00 AM
I'm trying to get a secondhand card version of 2048 just to see if I can get this hack to work, leungbok said he got his card version to work, it just fails at the last step when trying to open a downloaded version on a PSTV.

I've always wondered why you couldn't hook up a PS eye to use with the VITA TV to sort the photo problem out, as yet not having a working version of 2048 I haven't been able to try this.

The VITA might as well not exist here in Australia, there are under 10 games available for it to be bought at any store in Sydney, and not a actual VITA console to be seen on any shelf, the PSTV of which there are very few to be found, has had a price drop of one third since I bought mine.

Ace3000
31st December 2015, 07:02 AM
Really? I've seen a few new and pre-owned Vita consoles in EB Games. Not sure about JB Hi-Fi though. In both places there are quite a bit of games, definitely more than just 10.

Although, bear in mind I'm in Perth and not Sydney. Have you tried other stores than just your local ones? Like, for instance, in the city itself?

blackwiggle
31st December 2015, 10:54 AM
That was in the Sydney CBD, 5 stores all together, JB stores at Strand arcade, Town hall, World Square, and Moore Park super centre, plus EB games at Town hall.

Because the VITA never had video out and the ability to mate a PS controller to it, like it's two immediate predecessors , I didn't by one.
I only bought a used PSP GO! to use like that for PURE & PULSE, the VITA TV does what the VITA always should have done, but because of the interface differences a lot of VITA games [especially the early released ones that used these VITA features ] don't work on the PS TV.

Those VITA games that do work on the VITA TV look quite good on a large screen TV, PURE & PULSE certainly look better via the PS TV than the PSP GO!

Sony's decision to remove video out on the VITA, and not have full compatibility with VITA games on the PSTV, have basically been the cause of them killing both units.

Pity, as it would of been so easy to get it right.....they probably could still fix it by either using a VITA as a controller for the PS TV [rather a expensive option] or, bring out a separate PSTV VITA controller that had all the VITA's function buttons, but without the VITA's processor .....but I think it's too late to fix, they have committed infanticide yet again.

These sort of decisions that Sony have made over the last 10 years have made me hesitant to buy into Sony Morpheus VR headset for the PS4 when it's released, even though it looks like a far more comfortable unit than the Oculus Rift, both will be around the same price, but the PC grunt needed for the Oculus is much higher spec'd than a PS4 [luckily I built a powerful PC a few months back that will work with it - plus you need 3 free USB3 and one USB 2 sockets to run it] so I somehow think games will look better on that than the Sony.

Depends if Formula Fusion get's the VR treatment anyway on if I bother with VR at all.....sorry if I've strayed OT. :redface:

JFthebestJan
2nd January 2016, 06:22 PM
i've got the hack working on my PSTV v.3.30, a cartridge of 2048, and the console completley disconnected from the e-webs. working like a charm. even made a complete scan of my PC after i've read what blackwiggle has experienced. no infection here ;)

blackwiggle
29th March 2016, 07:10 PM
I went and bought a secondhand copy of 2048 hoping I could get this hack to work, it arrived in the mail yesterday.
Seems it wasn't a virus I got when I previously tried this, but a faulty memory card that would read what was already on it, but not allow anything to more to be written to it, I found that out a while back when trying to install some more games onto it, but never got around to buying a new one till now
Well after getting a new memory card as well. I finally got around to trying to get this hack to work, but as I have just found out, I've left it to late.

It's not going to happen, as Sony has since late Jan 2016 released a new Vita system update [3.57] that has to be installed before you can access emails, if you can't access emails, you can't open the hack, but the new update doesn't allow this hack to install anyway, so a catch 22 situation.
Apparently if you have already installed the hack, then update, 'This' hack still works, but other hacks don't.

I'm just going to leave my PSTV at it is and hope fr another hack to make 2048 playable on it again....... from what I'm reading, apparently the new system update can disable some PSP DLC. so I don't want to risk not being able to play all the DLC tracks from Pure & Pulse.

Every day I get to hate Sony just a little bit more for it's dumb decisions ...... as Sony advertises, it's 'For the Gamers' ... yeah right.:--

multibodydynamics
29th March 2016, 08:02 PM
Apparently if you have already installed the hack, then update, 'This' hack still works, but other hacks don't.

Every day I get to hate Sony just a little bit more for it's dumb decisions ...... as Sony advertises, it's 'For the Gamers' ... yeah right.:--

Nope. I also read in a thread somewhere that it was safe to update if the hack was already performed successfully. That was maybe true at the time of writing but when I took the chance and updated the firmware the result was that somehow 2048 got locked again. :( If the hack works, never ever update.

Hating Sony? Yeah well me to... me to...

It is pretty amazing how they totally killed the PSTV by locking out a long list of awesome titles technically playable on the system! An amazing hack proves for the entire world that the limitations for the system are not at all technical limitations but rather political! What Sony does then is pretty mindblowing. Instead of taking the defeat and actually expand the list of playable titles they go ahead and kill the device a second time by simply blocking everything a second time.

Cipher
30th March 2016, 02:54 PM
The Vita TV makes a call home for an update request of its whitelist every once in a while, this is what breaks it after updating (eventhough you had already applied the hack) ;)
The reason Sony does it (the whitelist) is most likely to cover themselves from people who would like to sue them because a game is not fully compatible with the system (eg for 2048; online races crash on Vita TV (when you could still go online before they patched it) because they would try to access a camera that wasn't there (the picture at the start of the race), it also crashes on race events rather often in comparison to the normal Vita), which seems like a pretty acceptable reason, it is unfortunate however, if only Studio Liverpool was still alive, they could patch these things easily and make it Vita TV compatible :(

You can still play 2048 on Vita TV though, just reset it to factory defaults and you will be able to apply the hack again (Note that you lose all data with doing that though and if you have a japanese Vita TV, you won't be able to tie it to your non Japanese account (because the Japanese Vita TV only accepted Japanese PSN accounts with the factory default firmware) which in turn means you can't insert your normal memory card for example)

Cipher

Hybrid Divide
31st March 2016, 05:47 PM
I really wish for games like 2048, you'd simply have to accept a disclaimer before launching the game for the first time in order to play it on the Vita TV. I'm still on the older firmware on mine, I'll try to re-enable the email exploit tonight and report back.

I hope it still works...

blackwiggle
1st April 2016, 07:51 AM
If you already have the hack installed and working on a PSTV, you can update the system software and have the hack still working.
The thing that is screwing people over is them updating the LIVE AREA, which is what is causing the hack to cease working....so don't do it.
Read the instructions in the link below on how to do this safely.
http://hackinformer.com/2016/01/26/playstation-tv-and-white-list-hack-still-work-on-fw-3-57/
Apparently you can also update the system software by downloading it to a USB stick, and not having the PSTV connect to the net, then update the system software from the USB stick

multibodydynamics
1st April 2016, 08:32 AM
How do I reset back to factory defaults?

Cipher
1st April 2016, 01:20 PM
Hold the power button which will bring up the recovery menu, from there you have the option to restore the Vita TV which should also revert the firmware to factory defaults, you might want to de-activate your PSN account on it first though
@Blackwiggle, as soon as you launch an application/game whilst online, your whitelist will get overwritten by one from the official sony servers resulting in the whitelist hack no longer working (and you no longer being able to apply it since you updated -> you have to reset the whole system again), honestly, i wouldn't risk updating

Cipher

Hybrid Divide
1st April 2016, 04:35 PM
I'm not looking to update my Vita TV at all! I just hope I can still get into the email client without being forced to update.

Cipher
2nd April 2016, 01:50 AM
As long as you don't try to sign-in into you PSN account, it shouldn't ask to update (just like the PS3 doesn't ask you to update unless you're signed in) ;)

Cipher

Hybrid Divide
3rd April 2016, 08:21 AM
I was able to connect to my email without having to update. I'm still on 3.20 firmware.

All is well.

blackwiggle
3rd April 2016, 09:23 PM
Hold the power button which will bring up the recovery menu, from there you have the option to restore the Vita TV which should also revert the firmware to factory defaults, you might want to de-activate your PSN account on it first though
@Blackwiggle, as soon as you launch an application/game whilst online, your whitelist will get overwritten by one from the official sony servers resulting in the whitelist hack no longer working (and you no longer being able to apply it since you updated -> you have to reset the whole system again), honestly, i wouldn't risk updating

Cipher

I copied the contents of the old, faulty memory card that has Pure & Pulse + DLC, and game saves, onto a new memory card.
I haven't updated the PSTV.

So let me get this correct.
Since I haven't updated the system software, all I need to do is do a restore that should wipe the update notification the PSTV has been sent, then de-activate my PSN account on it, start up the email client, link it with Gmail, re-send myself the emails with hack, apply the hack.... and all should be good if I never connect to the internet.

Should I remove the memory card at any stage prior to doing any of this, or is it ok to leave it in ..... I'll remember to turn the unit off this time before removing the memory card :blarg

Hybrid Divide
4th April 2016, 12:48 AM
I haven't tried that, but if it doesn't work, take it back and exchange it. Figure out some reason to tell them, and when you exchange it, you should have one at 3.20. Just be sure to not update that one! :D

Cipher
4th April 2016, 02:34 AM
@Blackwiggle do not activate your psn account after setting it up the vita tv, do it during the setup, you cann safely activate it online during the first time setup (it won't prompt for updates) once it's validated, unplug the internet so it doesn't automatically sign you in after the first time setup is complete, once done, plug the internet back in and DO NOT sign in to PSN, then just continue with the email exploit and once finished unplug the vita tv
Note that if your backup (and/or memory card) is from a more recent firmware version, it will not work with the older version of the Vita TV

Cipher

blackwiggle
4th April 2016, 07:22 AM
YAY ! Success finally.:rock
I just got home from work and gave it a go, I tried it a few times and couldn't work out what I was doing wrong, as I wasn't getting the little camera icon showing as a attachment in the second email, like it was in the first email
Turned out all the problem was that I was clicking on the error message after opening the first email, instead of ignoring it and just quitting out of email, then starting it up again to open the second email.

Hybrid Divide
4th April 2016, 11:02 AM
Glad to hear it. 2048 sure is sweet on a TV. Being able to play it on a normal Dualshock (the Vita cramps my hands!) is a nice bonus, too.

blackwiggle
4th April 2016, 02:14 PM
It's nice to play some new [for me] Wipeout, pity it had to be basically a partially crippled version of it though, due to Sony's decisions and actions.

After about 45 minutes playing I've just got to the bit where I would have got my first trophy in Campaign.
Those tracks seem very confusing to me ATM, and without Racebox mode to practice in, I can't see that changing any time soon, God knows how anybody played this on a handheld, there is just so much going on visually at once.
To me it seems a bit of a Dogs breakfast of a Wipeout, and I can now see why a lot of old time Wipeout pilots didn't like this title [I hope Formula Fusion doesn't end up visually messy like this]

I'm playing it like I always play Wipeout, internal view, Wipeout control option with pilot assist off, so far, apart from not know where TF I'm going, I'm finding that it sure could do with some ability to adjust the air brakes.
Playing it in 3D seems to help a bit, as the added depth perception helps seeing the layout of the track ahead slightly better

Strangely, to me it doesn't look as good as Pure or Pulse on a big screen via a PSTV, again I suppose that's because there is so much going on at once compared to the relatively uncluttered look of Pure & Pulse.
Pity SL never got to update this game, as I'm sure it would of been a lot better state now than how it was unfortunately left...... it probably would have appeared as a PS4 title at the PStore by now anyway if things had been allowed to play out.
Lost opportunities :(

mannjon
7th April 2016, 12:10 AM
Well Wiggle, I would have to agree about the visuals, but I really wouldn't want it on the PS4 unless they scrapped the utterly useless online mode.

Can you imagine if you were in a lobby in HD waiting for 4 people to join and then they all vote for an Elimination round? Garbage. Utter garbage, especially with so much potential.

I really do love the attention to detail 2048 had story wise, but I guess that was back in a time of limited online play options too. I'm sure SL would have remedied this for a PS4 release if they had the chance. Lost opportunities indeed.

blackwiggle
7th April 2016, 09:36 AM
As I never have played this online [and unless some intervention by the gaming God's, it looks like I never will] I never suffered the frustration of the 'Vote' online system.

I did see on a YouTube video the frustration this was causing, and somebody just came up with a solution that showed his 2048 online avatar as the words 'BATTLE MODE' in a Red circle, crossed out.

Apparently like minded people saw this Avatar and voted to race.:D
A small victory for common sense.

multibodydynamics
8th May 2016, 10:42 AM
You can still play 2048 on Vita TV though, just reset it to factory defaults and you will be able to apply the hack again (Note that you lose all data with doing that though and if you have a japanese Vita TV, you won't be able to tie it to your non Japanese account (because the Japanese Vita TV only accepted Japanese PSN accounts with the factory default firmware) which in turn means you can't insert your normal memory card for example)

Cipher

Is there a difference between VITA TV and Playstation TV? I have a Playstation TV and I have now tried the menu that you get when you hold the power button for a few seconds. I've tried rebuild data base and I have tried system reset. There is no alternative that says reset to factory defaults. After resetting I had to go through the setup process again and when the system started that awful 3.55 was still there. I have no idea how to revert the system software to which it was when I bought it. The PS TV did not do a system update during the startup process. In that case I would have had 3.60.

Hybrid Divide
8th May 2016, 11:09 AM
The Playstation TV and Vita TV are the same thing. :)

blackwiggle
9th May 2016, 01:38 PM
I just found this youtube video on how to downgrade your Vita TV's system software, it's for a previous version, but in theory it should still work.
It involves some sort of hardware hack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX6zHAIIkaY

I'm not sure if you can load a older system software over a newer on, but I found this site that shows you how to change your system software to a specific version, and a link to site that has all the different system software versions stored.
http://www.guidingtech.com/42173/offline-update-ps-vita-firmware/

Cipher
26th May 2016, 05:17 PM
Is there a difference between VITA TV and Playstation TV? I have a Playstation TV and I have now tried the menu that you get when you hold the power button for a few seconds. I've tried rebuild data base and I have tried system reset. There is no alternative that says reset to factory defaults. After resetting I had to go through the setup process again and when the system started that awful 3.55 was still there. I have no idea how to revert the system software to which it was when I bought it. The PS TV did not do a system update during the startup process. In that case I would have had 3.60.

This is kind of an incredibly late reply (apologies for that), but the option "Restore the Ps Vita System" should restore it to factory defaults, however, i have read on the ps tv support page that this does not restore the system software, now i am uncertain wether or not that is since a more recent firmware version, or if this has always been the case, my bad :/

As far as i know there is no other way to downgrade (the update does a version check before updating, if(version < currentversion) -> no go it's probably possible to hexedit the version number of an older update file to make the vita tv think it is a newer version and install it anyway, but that's more advanced and may not be worth the effort (as there might also be other checks)

multibodydynamics
1st August 2016, 04:57 PM
Wipeout 2048 is now playable on PSTV again with the latest firmware 3.60!!! So, not only can I play it on my big screen, I can also access global leaderboards. This is how it works:
https://henkaku.xyz/
It is a homebrew enabler and after you have started an FTP session you can transfer your own list_launch_vita.dat to your PSTV. You also need to install FileZilla on your PC. Very simple. The only drawback is that you need to install the homebrew enabler every time you start your PSTV.
Here is a guide:
http://wololo.net/2016/07/29/re-enable-pstv-whitelist-3-60-ps-vita-henkaku/
:)

Cipher
1st August 2016, 11:14 PM
Whoaaa!!!!
Does this mean i would be able to update my vita tv to 3.60, then get the proper whitelist and then just disconnect from the internet again and be cool? (I don't need online access if it means reinstalling an application anew and anew)

I'm tempted, but also scared to try this :p

multibodydynamics
2nd August 2016, 12:02 AM
Yes, you should be fine. There is also a file available that makes reinstalling very simple. Filezilla only needs to be used the first time to transfer files. After that only internet access is required to reinstall the homebrew enabler. You need to do this fairly soon. Last time Sony released new firmware after just a few days.

UPDATE:
I've been playing around a little more with this new hack. The list still gets reset automatically. I've tried blocking URL:s in my router but the PSTV might get around that. We'll see. The whitelist can be altered back again with one click so not a big issue. I also discovered that the PSTV started to hang and I lost internet connection. Switching to a wired connection solved that problem. Could be a problem with my router of course.

Cipher
2nd August 2016, 09:29 PM
Yeah i know, Sony burned my bum last time, vita tv had arrived just as they rolled out the new update >.>
Will give it a go, thanks for lettings us know! :)

multibodydynamics
2nd August 2016, 10:35 PM
The hack is working brilliant for me at the moment. URL blocking in the router is working perfectly so the list no longer gets reset. All I have installed on my PSTV is the Molecular Shell bubble and the whitelister bubble. I'm playing 2048 with global leaderboards working. The only strange thing with this hack for me is that I had to switch to a wired connection. Otherwise I got freezes and crashes and lost connection. Very strange.

I guess we will see a 3.61 within a few days now. Or perhaps Sony don't care any longer? In that case I wish for a hack to get around the camera crash in online lobby...

UPDATE:
I'm gonna buy a dualshock 4 today just to celebrate. :)

Cipher
5th August 2016, 04:09 PM
Did you have any troubles getting the software installed? I've tried a couple times now which all ended in system crashes or browser freezes but without any luck on getting the actual app installed :/

Also could you please inform me which URL is the one connecting to the PSN update servers?

Edit: Make that about 20 times without any real progress, might be a bust for me :( (Japanese Vita TV here, perhaps it's incompatible :/ )
Edit2: omg, the dumb memory card wasn't inserted all the way, somebody please hit me with a stick :brickwall
Edit3: It's working, it's working!! (http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/its_working_star_wars.gif) Indeed unfortunate of the online needing the camera though ;-;

multibodydynamics
5th August 2016, 06:56 PM
1. Log on to your router. http://192.168.0.1/
2. Go to URL Filtering (or something similar).
3. Add vitacl.ww.dl.playstation.net
4. Add vitacl.xx.dl.playstation.net
5. Done. The list can no longer get restored.

Cipher
7th August 2016, 05:59 PM
I don't think i have access to our modem (router's built into it) directly (our provider uses a web portal which allows you to adjust some settings, unfortunately url blocking is not part of it :/)
Will have to see if i can't bug my ISP for the login credentials, but thanks for the URLs! :)

Edit: Apparently they don't even allow IP login, but use proprietary software + cable for set up :(

JFthebestJan
14th August 2016, 03:13 PM
There's a new firmware update for the vita, i guess they fixed the recent exploit...

Mad-Ice
15th August 2016, 06:55 PM
Yeah, firmware 3.61 I especially bought pstv for 2048. But with the new firmware I was not allowed to play 2048. So I returned it to the shop. Waiting for the new hack to play it on a big screen.

Cipher
15th August 2016, 07:44 PM
Since this is an exploit which doesn't require you to sign in to PSN (you don't need to in order to use the internet browser) you can still do it as long as you don't update, i don't know what firmware update 3.61 does to the homebrew software though