PDA

View Full Version : Video of gameplay

JABBERJAW
30th June 2013, 03:02 PM
Any chance of getting some third person video of each ship around a track on the fast speed? I'd love to see how the ships differ from eachother

Xpand
30th June 2013, 09:01 PM
The thing is we've only added the performance stats recently. I'm going to ask someone on the team if they can make a video in the mean time, but the game is kind of messy since we're modifying lots of stuff. We will release a new updated version this summer with a lot more than just one ship and one track. The problem is that some of us are in their exam season and don't have much time to dedicate to SSGX. ;)

zero3growlithe
1st July 2013, 03:02 PM
Which track would you like to see them on?
btw. It may take some time since I have to reconfigure them for new stuff that was implemented to game since I was working only on one ship to save time and effort as applying new changes to each ship every time took crap load of time... and was boring as ****. But good to know there is such request so my work is prioritized on something finally and it is easier for me to take care of something.

JABBERJAW
2nd July 2013, 03:10 AM
The hardest track :). I want to see how the poor handling but fast ships perform and feel on the tracks. No rush on this at all, I was just looking at newer futuristic racers, and they all look either complete crap to just ok. Your game has looked great on some of the videos, but I'm not sure where it is right now, and which videos are recent. Also, is there analog control in your game?

zero3growlithe
2nd July 2013, 09:04 AM
Aye Sir! Full analog stick support though I need someone to check performing Barrel Rolls using it as there were problems with it on analog but none at digital keyboard keys. I've changed code responsible for detecting this move a bit and maybe it is ok now. (I can't fully check it myself as am not much of a Barrel Roller on analog stick as all of my BRs in WOHD were made using SixAxis xd).
Ok, so hardest track? That is either Cassandra or Alphard, gotta check what others think about their difficulty.

AquaAura
2nd July 2013, 11:26 AM
Any legal problems with the barrel roll?

Hellfire_WZ
2nd July 2013, 12:27 PM
I'll also be pushing on with the voiceovers when I can,, hopefully I'll have them ready for you in time :)

Xpand
2nd July 2013, 01:11 PM
Great!

@AquaAura
As far as we know there isn't a problem with BRs especially because we have a multiple BR system, which differs from Wipeout's.

docfo4r
5th July 2013, 02:05 PM
Hey guys.

@AquaAura: Yep, like Xpand already said, we will have multi-br's. The problem for now was that when performing a br and the ship landed in the meantime, the br will be executed in a later jump xd But we are about to fix that and will come up with a brand new version in the summer.
About the hardest track, well I always thought it's going to be "Hubian", but this track is in a very early stage of progress and no joy of riding at the moment. But you guys can expect all of our tracks to be more difficult and technical than WOHD's. Even my own track "Nazca Remains" which I thought would be an easy one is somewhat difficult because it is very narrow.

@Hellfire: Cool thing :D Can't wait for those!

zero3growlithe
5th July 2013, 07:54 PM
Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMuLkeqBfgE

Remember that stats were added but not optimized yet for final gameplay, it will be done when our TMRS powered A.I. will be up and running after I program it... xd
Enjoy!

JABBERJAW
6th July 2013, 03:31 AM
Logos and Solaris look great. Logos appears to look like the original piranha, and the way it moves is similar too. This is an incredible accomplishment, keep up the great work! I am hoping to see this on a device someday, or maybe on my computer using my pc capable negcon

docfo4r
9th July 2013, 07:37 PM
Here is a more precise video about the differences of the ship stats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSAlcXU_awY