PDA

View Full Version : Katmoda 12 2 bug?!

Wez
27th May 2003, 04:21 PM
On this track, most of the time I am destroyed out of nothing! This also happens to CPU players.. one time only 2 CPU players have finished and the rest was eliminated?!

Does anyone also have seen this bug? I haven't read it anywhere..

Neo-phyte A10
27th May 2003, 06:24 PM
Uhh - I think that actually happens when one of the giant metal doors slides shut on top of you. They didn't do a very good job of making it clear, but you'll notice that it occurs when you run under one of the gates after it has been triggered for awhile, already. It shuts on you - sometimes your shield just goes way down, but if you're already down less thana third, or flying like, Van-Uber or something, then you'll go boom. ;)

You'll notice this also happens on Tamtesh Bay 2 in the same instance.

A10

lunar
27th May 2003, 09:53 PM
At the entrance to the tunnels where this happens there`s a switch pad. Hit it and take the right fork in the track. Its quicker, and you don`t get this annoying instant destruction thing, which you get on the left-hand route. That`s how I got around it anyway. :)

Jittery-Joe
23rd June 2003, 07:27 PM
It happend to me a few times
my tip:
Go faster

Thruster2097
23rd June 2003, 09:50 PM
Since this has never happened to me, I'm gonna assume that I am way too fast!!!! :wink:

beeurd
30th June 2003, 01:16 AM
Never happened to me either.

I must be too good ;)

Jittery-Joe
23rd July 2003, 07:00 PM
if your going slow enough, you should just bounce off the doors

TsorT
26th August 2003, 03:20 AM
i belive that those pressuredoors arent the reason why players craft blows up
i think that is another programming error :-?

piranha wiper
4th June 2004, 08:24 AM
sometimes when i play on it and i blow up on this track i hear the woman say 'lapping imanent' which couses your craft to blow up if you are laped, on the official website it said that 'if you are lapped you will be spared the humiliation of this and your craft will self destruct which isnt nice.

Rapier Racer
4th June 2004, 10:15 AM
I don't think it's the door it's just a general bug because it got me when I was flying Omarr Khumala's Tigron, with full shield, I has also activated a shield pickup at the time and I still got blown to bits!! :evil: :evil:

piranha wiper
4th June 2004, 01:39 PM
i got really pissed by this and phoned some helpline in the back of the book! i really didnt have a clue what was going on

Sausehuhn
15th June 2004, 05:34 PM
Yes, that's a really bad thing! You have to be not so fast, then you will not make "boom".

...and there is a bug at Devillia, too:
When the race started, fly the wrong way. There is a wall, you can fly through it - funny thing!

piranha wiper
15th June 2004, 10:09 PM
do you get picked up by a wuss wagon or do you carry on playing

Sausehuhn
29th June 2004, 07:33 PM
I didn't see it before! I've never seen images of Devillia in the world wide web...I just flew around and then I was behind this wall...
Oh, but there is second Bbg at Devillia, too. Okay, it's not really a Bug, but it doesn't look very good. Stop at Devillia 1, when the track is going deep/down (don't know :D ). There is a big Spaceship (or something like this...) A big light is shining there and it's not 3D, it doesn't look really good... but Devillia ist is one of the best tracks of the game I think... this bugs aren't so bad. For example I like the big roboter-spider at the end of devillia 2. It looks fantastic! :o

element42
1st July 2004, 07:13 AM
going back to Katmoda 12 2: I really despise the auricom eliminator challenge there, apart from the fact that it's hard enough to hurt anyone with proton cannons, it just gets sooo frustrating watching the computer ships repeatedly drive into the shortcut door when it's not open, killing themselves, and depriving me of the elimination. ARrrgghhh! :evil: