PDA

View Full Version : Ozone 1st Birthday party! - 27th October 2012

Colonel
23rd October 2012, 09:08 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x188/logicevents/Ozone_Logo30pc.jpg

Ozone VIII - Saturday 27th October 2012

Ozone Social Group (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=81) - Because you're worth it :P

Ozone Leaderboards (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArRl3YNE85fkdFhVazlVTU5CSklNajB4S1lHWEJVd FE)

As promised, there will be an Ozone this Saturday, 27th October. I thought about postponing it due to a potential clash with the Rebirth Semi Finals, but it could actually serve as a handy warm-up to those who are still in the tournament. And of course it's something for the rest of us to do ;).

Now it's been very obvious that the early part of the day is pretty quiet, so I'll be kicking off at the later time of 2.00pm (GMT), with a wide variety of games. There will definitely be at least one room going until 11pm or later, so we've go most time zones covered.

Rooms that will be hosted throughout the day include:

Phantom Single Race – traditional Grand Prix (All tracks, forward and reverse... one race with weapons, one without)

Rapier Single race – traditional Grand Prix

Flash Single Race – Weapons on

Venom Single Race – Weapons on - In honour of the Rebirth Tournament players

Zone Battle – 50 – 55 target, selected tracks

Rapier Eliminator – variable targets, selected tracks

* Bling Brigade Room - 3.00pm(GMT)

** Endurance Trophy match (12 race rapier tournament) - available on request, for anyone who needs it.

It cannot be stressed enough that Ozone is open to everybody! That includes people who don't post on here. It is not an invitational event. All lobbies are public throughout the day, and if you find yourself in one, say hello. Somebody will send you a friend request and invite you to the text-chat room. And if you don't want to chat, that's just fine too.

Let's make this a good one people.

Thanks, and see you there...

Colonel :rock

... and for posterity, I've added the 2011 - 2012 Ozone Awards below...

The Darren Aronofsky Award - Ragsus_Maxima
The Fastest Gun In the West Award - SoA_Booney
The Rust, what Rust? Award - Dark_Phantom_89
The Jesuschristareyouthisgoodateverything Award - LJTheZombie
The Hired Killer Award - Rennfisch
The Zone 63.0 Award - P_Denton
The Best Newcomer Award - Liod19
The Flash Gordon Award - JFthebestJan
The Rapier Wit Award - morfeo379
The Phantom Menace Award - onlykpop, meesiash, Serpent, Dark_Phantom_89, xXSuperRyguaXx
The Ifigivehimanawardwillhecomeback Award - novide
The Ever Present Award - Ragsus_Maxima, LJtheZombie, Olivariox
The Cunning Linguist Award - Oryx_Crake
The Racing Purist Award - Olivariox
The Don't Mess With Me Award - ID_7of9
The Friendliest Face Award - vlhad13
The Metal Militia Award - Azurooth

Hellfire_WZ
23rd October 2012, 09:53 PM
I shall definitely be diving in this time!

Knux_Chaotix
23rd October 2012, 10:56 PM
Im still good to go ^_^

scarfrogers
23rd October 2012, 11:05 PM
I'm in! Can only race Venom and Flash (bit of rapier) but will play extreme speeds for the fun of it anyway ;)

vlhad13
23rd October 2012, 11:53 PM
Count me in :)

a pleasure to race with you guys :)

Defjukie16
24th October 2012, 12:03 AM
2:00 GMT Huh? Hmmmm, that's 10 am EST, count me in :) always down with WipEout Racing! New England Icaras!!!!

PEPEDA
24th October 2012, 10:11 AM
what time will be open the tournament here in Spain Colonel? I´ll be there if i can

duncandes
24th October 2012, 01:50 PM
Great idea.
Sadly there is no chance for similiar w2048 event...
I know there is crossover but i have on my mind w2048 not hd/fury...

TheConzio
24th October 2012, 01:54 PM
Yep ill do this

D_1998_BR
24th October 2012, 04:03 PM
I'll be sure to come back this time.Count me in!

scarfrogers
24th October 2012, 08:07 PM
Legends will fall, and legends will be made...

;)

Defjukie16
24th October 2012, 09:10 PM
You're already a legend Scar.

Medusa
24th October 2012, 11:29 PM
Aww, I will be on too early to watch the legend-making...but I'm sure somebody will etch into stone for posterity.

Colonel
25th October 2012, 01:15 PM
I just noticed it's 1 year this week since the first Ozone, so this is something of a 1st birthday celebration :cake

I was going to do this one sober, but it would be rude not to raise a glass :g

Ami Nakajima
25th October 2012, 02:02 PM
Let me in! I'll be available for early races. Yerrrs!

Mikahail
25th October 2012, 02:19 PM
Will be available, normally.

Knux_Chaotix
25th October 2012, 03:06 PM
I was going to do this one sober, but it would be rude not to raise a glass :g

Drinking and piloting??? Naughty naughty :P

D_1998_BR
25th October 2012, 03:42 PM
Hmm...Better stock myself up on sodas.Sugar high is my new secret weapon,firstly used on Rebirth Heats Phase

1 year already? Whoa o.o
I remember crashing the party on the first ever Ozone.I didn't even know that it was an event,just joined the room x)

SaturnReturn
25th October 2012, 05:48 PM
@Colonel - Congrats on the 1 year anniversary. Keep it up. :+

Colonel
25th October 2012, 07:25 PM
Thanks Saturn, long time no see dude! I'm just thrilled that the interest is there, and the events are as much fun as ever.

PAPEDA - We'll be starting at around 3pm Spanish time, and will run til about midnight. We'll get some good Elim action going too, would be great if you could join us.

Azurooth
26th October 2012, 11:42 AM
I'll be there this time. =)

stin
26th October 2012, 11:14 PM
There is a possibly I might be on tomorrow afternoon but let`s see what happens.........;)

stevie:)

Oryx Crake
27th October 2012, 12:03 AM
The mighty Oryx shall be there! representing the SSGX team hopefully some of the other lads will join me too :)

Colonel
27th October 2012, 11:30 AM
As a birthday treat, I'd like to present the 2011-2012 Ozone Awards...

The Aronofsky Award - Ragsus_Maxima
The Fastest Gun In the West Award - SoA_Booney
The Rust, what Rust? Award - Dark_Phantom_89
The Jesuschristareyouthisgoodateverything Award - LJTheZombie
The Hired Killer Award - Rennfisch
The Zone 63.0 Award - P_Denton
The Best Newcomer Award - Liod19
The Flash Gordon Award - JFthebestJan
The Rapier Wit Award - morfeo379
The Phantom Menace Award - onlykpop, meesiash, Serpent, Dark_Phantom_89, xXSuperRyguaXx
The Ifigivehimanawardwillhecomeback Award - novide
The Ever Present Award - Ragsus_Maxima, LJtheZombie, Olivariox
The Cunning Linguist Award - Oryx_Crake
The Racing Purist Award - Olivariox
The Don't Mess With Me Award - ID_7of9
The Friendliest Face Award - vlhad13
The Metal Militia Award - Azurooth

Let's have a great day guys.

All the best,

Adam :)

scarfrogers
27th October 2012, 12:01 PM
I will be on in an hr

Colonel
27th October 2012, 12:02 PM
Over the next hour I'll be inviting everybody (who's said they're coming) to The Ozone Room. So by 2pm it should be in your chat room list. I'll also be sending friend requests (with my Erik_Ponti account) to those of you who aren't on my friends list.

I'll mostly be using my Colonel__Gaddafi account today, but I will check my Erik_Ponti account a few times during the day. But if you want to contact me, please message Colonel__Gaddafi (double underscore). Or give me a shout on here, I'll have the laptop with me.

Aeralys
27th October 2012, 12:06 PM
I shall be on soon, can't wait!

Knux_Chaotix
27th October 2012, 12:07 PM
Im gutted, I dont think I'll be able to join :( unforeseen circumstances :( Boo, not a happy bunny

Oryx Crake
27th October 2012, 12:16 PM
Cunning linguist eh? What have I done to deserve this? ^_^

For speaking better English than me ;)

Aeralys
27th October 2012, 12:27 PM
A System update? Urgh, when was the last time I turned my PS3 on this week... :L

Liod19
27th October 2012, 12:32 PM
Thank you very much for the award, Adam :)

See you all on track soon.

Hellfire_WZ
27th October 2012, 12:32 PM
Will probably not be around right at the start, but will be on ASAP

Colonel
27th October 2012, 02:26 PM
Argh! PS3 crashed and it insists on doing a system check, this will take ages. FFS.

LJtheZombie
27th October 2012, 03:39 PM
Same thing happened to me earlier, Colonel, now it's done it again. Very strange.

Defjukie16
27th October 2012, 03:48 PM
Time to get a new controller. :(:(:(

Medusa
27th October 2012, 04:05 PM
Oh, that's where everybody went. I was very excited to see six people on my list all on HD at the same time...and then they dropped off like flies...I'll be there in a little while, looking forward to racing you all again though I'm very very rusty. :(

Colonel
27th October 2012, 04:13 PM
Just on a break atm but I'll be back in about 10 mins :)

D_1998_BR
27th October 2012, 05:00 PM
Technical problems on my PS3...It seems to be already in use >.<
novide's award just made my day.

UB3R~JKP
27th October 2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the races everyone...that was incredible! :) Viva La WipEout!

Liod19
27th October 2012, 07:00 PM
Thought it would be a short break, but I just decided not to come back anymore. Just too tired now.
Anyway, thank you very much for the races. It was fun and cracking.
I hope to see some of you on track again soon. Online has been slightly empty these days, it was good to see the game that lively again.

Thanks to Adam for organising another Ozone and I feel really honoured by that award.

onlykpop
27th October 2012, 08:10 PM
Here is a playlist of some races many came to participate in today! OZONE October 2012!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqznx03etHDwSHLo282VS5kz9R8q3jqiW&feature=edit_ok

Enjoy :D

Azurooth
27th October 2012, 09:03 PM
So i was ready for some ozone today, i mean it was the 1 year anniversary. Started the console and got greeted by this yellow light. I quickly felt how my soul began to rot and all joy turned into despair and hatred... My third ylod within a year...

scarfrogers
27th October 2012, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the races! Real privilege to race you guys. My top moment - veating Booney on Tech De Ra Reverse flash until last lap when I panicked and bottled the last two BRs, never mind 2nd was ok. Same again in a month!!! :)

Colonel
27th October 2012, 09:12 PM
Phil mate that's terrible, I'm sorry for you. Shame you weren't here, you would have had a great time.
I'll post a proper write up tomorrow, but for now I'm utterly destroyed. F**king brilliant day though.

Aeralys
27th October 2012, 09:33 PM
I am out of my freaking marbles that ozone was great thanks everyone!

stin
28th October 2012, 08:12 AM
Thank you very much for the races yesterday but I was extremely rusty and I will work on that in near future.

stevie :)

UB3R~JKP
28th October 2012, 12:01 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3rjcd1/

This was me and Dark_Phantom yesterday. :p

Olivario
28th October 2012, 01:05 PM
And I missed this too...One year attending to all Ozone events and I just miss the anniversary event :brickwall

Thanks for the award Adam, I'm vey pleased mate. See you on the track, sooner than later I hope!

Hellfire_WZ
28th October 2012, 01:40 PM
Calling all semi-finalists. Are we all okay for the same time this Saturday? It will only be 12 races this time

Ragsus Maxima
28th October 2012, 01:55 PM
Great times as always. Probably I end doing two separate videos: the races and the zone battles, so the videos won't be too long; I dont wan't to make the same mistake twice. Nevertheless, I still have to choose among the videos I have which I'd like to include.

Thanks very much for organizing another event of this caliber, and also, I'm flattered for being awarded with such titles. :)

On the other hand, concerning to the semifinals, I'm fine with both the date and the time.

Hellfire_WZ
28th October 2012, 02:19 PM
Oops, wrong thread! :P

Adam, thanks a lot for organising this, it was good fun :)

Dark_Phantom_89
28th October 2012, 10:00 PM
What a fantastic event it was yesterday. Oh how I've missed the days of the 8 player pro Phantom races we used to have. They were always so intense and great fun, and I'm really glad that we got to relive that carnage yesterday! Thanks again for organising all of this Colonel, you did a fine job as always. :+

Ragsus Maxima
31st October 2012, 04:40 PM
As usual, the videos of the Ozone of this month. :) I've took the decision to split them in two videos: the single races (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Ls6Lxesqg) and the zone battles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wik3GJFqnNg).

For this time, I've added time links in the descriptions if you'd like to watch a race in particular so you won't have to browse through the whole video. Also, while playing Zone battle, I got a WZ trophy. ;)

Hope you guys like it, and of course, happy birthday, Ozone!

PS: Looks like YouTube doesn't like germans (blame me for my trance songs). In these cases, use a proxy website so you can bypass the country lock. Sorry for the inconvenience.

onlykpop
31st October 2012, 08:05 PM
Nice videos Jesus ;)

Aeralys
31st October 2012, 10:54 PM
As usual, the videos of the Ozone of this month. :) I've took the decision to split them in two videos: the single races (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Ls6Lxesqg) and the zone battles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wik3GJFqnNg).

Lmao If you pause on the single races vid at 2:25, I was supposedly "on fire" according to Colonel in the other lobby. xD

Colonel
3rd November 2012, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the videos Ragsus, that's why you got the Darren Aronofsky Award (for services to film making). Sorry it's taken so long to say thanks to everyone, it's been a mad week and I've had very little time to myself. I know full well I'll have missed people, do tell me please...

LJTheZombie, Texasalex, Scarfrogers, Knux_Chaotix, Atreyden, Feydius, Azurooth, Dark_Phantom_89, Oryx_Crake, Liod89, Hunterx848, xXSuperRyugaXx, Aeralys, Jonopono321 Hellfire_WZ, Hoooof, Serpent Jay_nay, Onlykpop, Defjukie16, Bazzman32, Mikahail, Whizzzerhawk, Ragsus_Maxima, UB3R_BR3NDAGE, DreamyElf, SaturnReturn, Stin_WZ, SoA_Booney, Andybob35, Bombel2000, Kingjuno23, Kittun, P_Denton (hyperfluous), D_1998_BR,

Huge thanks to everybody who came out last weekend. It was a massive success, with a great combination of new blood and old pros. I really appreciate people coming out of retirement for days like this, the game is in rude health.

Lessons to learn for next time - Any endurance race should have weapons on, and shouldn't be at Anulpha Pass.... Uber Spam races should have 30 target maximum.

Thanks again everybody, next one in a few weeks :g

SaturnReturn
3rd November 2012, 09:10 PM
Thanks for organising it Colonel. I've been online a bit recently and can hardly ever find a Phantom game, so feel I was very lucky to hook up my PS3 again just in time for this.

onlykpop
3rd November 2012, 11:08 PM
Hey Saturn! I love phantom and would enjoy some races if you ever wanna join! Add me if you like :) onlykpop

Ragsus Maxima
4th November 2012, 04:37 PM
You're very welcome, Colonel. The effort you put into this is huge; no wonder you need some booze breaks. :lol

PS: You typed "Kittun" twice. :P

scarfrogers
5th November 2012, 08:49 AM
yeah thanks Colonel for such a good job! I like it when you drink-fly like the other night.

Looking forward to the December Tournys!

Colonel
9th November 2012, 10:50 AM
This will start counting as necro-posting soon, but here's a video of the 8 race phantom tourney we did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUKnvfNPv7M

I've also done a ZB / Phantom highlights video, but it's taking forever to upload, and I'm going away tonight, so I've cancelled it and will upload it next week.

Colonel
14th November 2012, 06:24 AM
Last video, some Phantom and Zone Battle action from the birthday party...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7dBT9GzBZw

Next event will be on Saturday 24th :)

Liod19
14th November 2012, 07:42 AM
oh no, I won't be able to make it :( that's the day when I move out of my parents house and I won't have internet for a couple of days or weeks.
anyway, I wish you all lots of fun.

scarfrogers
14th November 2012, 10:49 AM
I should be around during the morning :)

GekkoP
14th November 2012, 12:38 PM
I should be able to make it this time.

Knux_Chaotix
16th November 2012, 07:17 AM
Once again, count me in :P The other half may well make an appearance too depending on his work times.

Rapier Racer
16th November 2012, 06:04 PM
Weekend off work hooray ! I'll be competing :)

trackripper
16th November 2012, 06:29 PM
It's been a while since I last popped in here, hope everyone here is well, can't believe it's been a year since the 1st Ozone events already... :O

Anyhow, I'd love to join you guys on the 24th, however... PS3 has YLOD and it's not fixable anymore. :(