PDA

View Full Version : Wip3out PS3 Nostalgia

Haywire_Guy
4th September 2012, 05:36 AM
I felt nostalgaic after hearing the news of the Developer's team so i decided to revisit the past. have an original WO3 European (AU) disk with a European (AU) Ps3, slim edition. It only loads a black screen, is there anyway to make it playable? I have the same region coded disc for Wipeout 2097 which works perfectly.

miufs
4th September 2012, 04:18 PM
Nope, W3O won´t work on PS3...

It´s related to the copy protection of that game, me thinks... ;)

Sausehuhn
4th September 2012, 10:23 PM
However, WipEout 3 Special Edition will work! If you can find it cheap somewhere, go get it! :)

username
24th September 2012, 04:27 AM
My original hard copy also does not work with the PS3. However, I downloaded a copy of WO3SE, and EPSXE emulator. With a PSX style USB controller, it's almost like old times. I've been feeling quite nostalic about the old Wipeout releases since hearing of Psygnosis closing. I even went searching on google for old pictures (I saw 7+ years ago) of a train station with lots of Wip3out advertising boards up everywhere. I made sure to save them to my disk this time - Who knows how long until they turn into dead links.

FEISAR_ARCH
24th September 2012, 06:04 PM
Get out! I downloaded my copy of WO3SE from *deleted*. I did it in a fit to replace my old copy of WO3 that quit on me, years ago on the original PSOne. It works, but I can't get the music to play on my ePSXe v. 1.7.0. So, whenever I go in to edit and re-compress the footage of my races to upload on YT, I have to add in my own music from sources I got permission from, such as Tim Wright (CoLD SToRAGE). He even helped me find Subtractive VST Synths, that were both free and produced results.

Speaking of which, I'm doing music production requests for my runs on WO3SE, more details on that, in an upcoming thread.

Update: Here's the thread, in case you can't find it: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?8983-Music-Production-Requests-for-WO3SE-Races-on-YT

faB
3rd October 2012, 12:34 PM
Hi Feisar,

Also have my original discs of WO, WO2097 and WO3SE but I have no HDTV or PS1 anymore (did keep my Dreamcast though :p).

Anyway... you have to get or burn yourself the discs in BIN/CUE format or CCD/IMG/SUB. I have the audio tracks working in WO2097 (CCD+IMG+SUB) and WO3SE (BIN+CUE) on ePSXE 1.0.0.

You have to mount those with Daemon Tools Lite and "Run CDROM" (not "Run ISO"). I couldn't run the original discs myself even if I wanted to as my new PC build doesn't have a DVD drive (I can image my old CDs on a laptop).

If DaemonTools gives an error.. look at the CUE file and make sure the filenames match the .BIN files.