PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 4 gets trophy patch today!

blackwiggle
6th August 2012, 06:18 AM
Anybody who has been waiting for this in AUS/NZ & probably the UK as well the patch has just gone up.

It's a 516mb download, it then proceeds to copy the game disc data to your HD [takes 16 minutes] so you need to make sure you have at least a few GB's of free space.

None of your pre trophy patch data is supported, so you are going to have to play it through again from the beginning, and all online stuff is no longer supported as the servers have been shut down.

Here's a link to list of ALL the trophies.
http://exophase.com/game/metal-gear-solid-4-ps3/trophies/

Not going to be easy to Platinum this .

Amorbis
6th August 2012, 02:09 PM
I've been waiting years for this, I'm glad I never tried to get all of the emblems and stuff before. This should keep me busy for a few days even though I doubt I'll got for the Platinum.

I would hope that Metal Gear Online will return someday, maybe without all of those Konami logins. I spent a lot of time playing MGO up until WOHD arrived not long after.

Wotan
6th August 2012, 04:40 PM
It will be a good reason to do it this game again , good news :)

On the other hand I doubt that mgo is back, I believe that the patch deletes the tab mgo . I spent a lot of time here too , don't remember if i've played with some wipers in the past .

Nutcase:259
7th August 2012, 07:04 PM
the obtain all ipod songs trophy is surely ridiculous? that requires getting all 40 emblems to unlock 2 songs that will complete the list?
to earn the big boss emblem you need to complete the game on: The boss extreme with no kills, no alerts, no continues, no items used and in under 5 hours
and on the other end of the spectrum you obtain the chicken emblem for: completing the game having over 150 alerts and finishing the game in over 35 hours???

in short, i'm not going for the platinum :lol

blackwiggle
8th August 2012, 05:58 AM
I agree, some of the tasks required to get a emblem are annoyingly dumb, others extremely hard.
But I suppose if you are going for the Chicken emblem you might as well go for the Tortoise emblem at the same time [spent more than 60 minutes hidden inside the drum can or cardboard box] and Rabbit [turn the pages of Playboy or the Emotion mag more than 100 times]

I suppose it's a long term challenge.
Thing is I bought this game on day of release back in 2008, I played it for 2 days, but didn't even finish the first act and didn't touch it again till yesterday.
The reason it didn't get played for 4 years was Wipeout HD came out very soon after this was released

WarioIIDX
11th August 2012, 09:27 AM
i finally got this game, but... FREEZE A LOT TIME WITH THE PATCH!, i can't play....
the game freeze in this area:
in the fight with laughing octopus, with the laughing beauty, when i use the codec, on checkpoints...

pd: brand new disc ._.

blackwiggle
12th August 2012, 12:36 AM
I don't know how much disc space it uses, but taking a guess I'd say the game has either been written to a bad sector of your HD, or that your hard drive is very full and there is little space for the game to write game saved data.
I suggest you try rebuilding your PS3's data base to see if that sorts out the problem.
See link below on how to do this
http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/trophy-guides-reviews-articles/1069-how-rebuild-playstation-3-database-better-speed.html

If that doesn't help then maybe try deleting the game and reinstalling it.

WarioIIDX
13th August 2012, 07:36 PM
i made that and nothing..
i use the recovery menu, but nothing u.u...
well, today i go to change my disc for BlazBlue (sadly, MGS is my favourite saga with sonic the hedgehog T_T)

Temet
14th August 2012, 08:38 AM
I had issues too, but not freeze.
Just some very huge framerate drops... very annoying.
I searched on the web and apparently only a very small part of MGS4 owners are affected ... randomly. Yeeha... :(

Amorbis
15th August 2012, 07:31 PM
Even though I've got quite far through the game without problems I now suddenly can't even get the game to boot up. Searching the internet has garnered no results for help, so I'm guessing it's simply an issue caused by the patch for a small minority. Looks like I'll have to wait until they fix it if they do, I can't really redownload a 500mb patch when I have a small monthly internet limit.