PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Codename Nytro

Marc Zaku
17th July 2012, 01:24 AM
Hi,

http://l43.img-up.net/nytro_face15c4.png

we are currently developing a very wipeout-inspired racer in UDK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2jqWXwMtHQ

As you are probably the most critical audiences that we can reach, we would feel very honored, if you would leave us some feedback based on the video or if you would even try out the beta client that we will release soon and give us detailed feedback about in which ways our game can not yet convey the feeling of playing wipeout.

Our current features:
-3 Racers
-2 Tracks
-Boost Fields
-Turbo Powerup
-Online Highscores
-Record Ghost Visualization

I hope that you will take some time and help us make this game as good as we can within the next 4-5 weeks.

Yours sincerely,

Marc Zaku

Oryx Crake
17th July 2012, 02:14 AM
being of a quite puritanical strain of wipeout fan I'm slightly weirded out buy the ship design but other than that it looks pretty cool.

Xpand
17th July 2012, 10:58 AM
That's it I'm moving to UDK... That looks gorgeous....
Are the white scenery parts clay rendered at real time or are they textured?

Marc Zaku
17th July 2012, 01:18 PM
That's it I'm moving to UDK... That looks gorgeous....
Are the white scenery parts clay rendered at real time or are they textured?

I'm glad, that you like our project so far.
The white scene-parts got a simple white material that will be able to change it's color (similar to the zone mode setting).

being of a quite puritanical strain of wipeout fan I'm slightly weirded out buy the ship design but other than that it looks pretty cool.

Yeah, the white ship really isn't part of the general wipeout setting. It is based on the ship of the wipeout zone mode. Since this ship is rather solid, it does not float as much as the other ships.

rdmx
17th July 2012, 01:24 PM
Graphically I already like how it looks. The most important part though is physics, and that still needs some work.

Razgriz375
18th July 2012, 09:05 PM
Great looking racer. I loving the style of the track's scenery, reminds me somewhat of Pure's zone mode (which in my opinion is the best zone modo). I'll be up for trying the client.

docfo4r
18th July 2012, 09:48 PM
I think the ships are indeed looking awesome. Sure, it's not a "wipeout"-alike ship, but it is unique and does the trick for me. I also love the visual heat effects at the count-down.
The menu needs some work, I guess. It is a nice idea and looks awesome for the first sight but I think it'll become boring very soon. Use the dark space for some stuff, maybe more camera animations and it will look better.

But what still needs lots of work is what rmdx said, the physics. It looks like the handling of the ship is much too hectical, like you only have zero of full power of steering and acceleration. Look at the start: As soon as the player gains control and hits the accelerator, it seems like the ship is at top speed in 0 seconds. Definately a fun-killer but I guess the physics are in an early state anyway ;)

Graphics are nice! Keep your work up!!