PDA

View Full Version : E3 2012

blackwiggle
4th June 2012, 10:51 PM
Here's a link to a list of the new games being shown at E3.

http://au.games.ign.com/articles/122/1224202p1.html

Far Far too many FPS in that list IMHO [Not a fan] :blarg and no new Wipeout :frown:

Metal Gear Rising, Tomb Raider, Sly Cooper, Family Guy & LBP Karting { I'm wary on if they can actually pull LBP Karting off from reports I'm getting from one of the testers...time will tell]
These are the only titles that I see listed that have a remote chance of being bought by me.

I hope there are other titles not listed in the sidelines, otherwise I fear it's going to be a pretty dismal year, gaming wise.

What do you guys see yourselves getting out of the titles listed?

MegaGeeza22
5th June 2012, 06:02 AM
I was planning on getting rid of my ps3 by the end of this week but now that i have just seen sonys E3 offerings i think that i might keep it!
I was really hoping to see Wipeout 2048 get a release for PS3 but that was wishful thinking lol and i guess we will have to wait until PS4 for the next installment of Wipeout...
For me sonys E3 conference seemed like the end of an era and this time next year i think there will be a ps4 announcement, so my guess is next year for the reveal and the following summer or xmas is when ps4 will be scheduled for release imo.
Out of that list my choices are-
Assassin's Creed III, Star Wars 1313, Tomb Raider and The Last of Us.
Assassin's Creed III is the reason im keeping my ps3, also the 12 free ps+ games including- Saints Row 2, Infamous 2 and LBP 2.
However... my ps3 will be binned if europe doesn't get these free games lol, that would be a huge kick in the teeth for eu ps+ subscribers.

blackwiggle
5th June 2012, 01:24 PM
Well as the Studio Liverpool guy said....If we get enough requests 2048 will be ported to the PS3......As much as I love Wipeout, my dislike of Farcebook and refusal to open a account is stronger [don't ask : Rant warning!], so I can't really put in my 2c worth at the SL Facebook page, which I suppose is the only place the SL people will be looking for the needed feedback.
And seeing that "Players Met" is now broken in HD/Fury......well, it makes it hard to get people you might meet casually to add their support to the cause.

Can't see a PS4 coming in the next 12 or 24 months personally, no real need for it, the games coming out are just retreads not upping the ante graphic wise, 3D gaming has not taken off as expected, and Nobody in their right mind would make a game in 4k resolution, so this new tech is not going to be what drive a need for a PS4......something else, I'm guessing a Xbox style paid for network only available via a PS4......they will leave the current , free PSN for legacy PS3 games/console till usage becomes so small that most people switch to the paid service.

Medusa
5th June 2012, 03:41 PM
Well as the Studio Liverpool guy said....If we get enough requests 2048 will be ported to the PS3......As much as I love Wipeout, my dislike of Farcebook and refusal to open a account is stronger [don't ask : Rant warning!], so I can't really put in my 2c worth at the SL Facebook page, which I suppose is the only place the SL people will be looking for the needed feedback.
And seeing that "Players Met" is now broken in HD/Fury......well, it makes it hard to get people you might meet casually to add their support to the cause.
Exactly the same for me. I understand.

I have this dream where at E3, DICE walks out and casually announces that Mirror's Edge 2 is actually going to be released this year. Please, oh please.
That is the only game I am interested in at all, and it's still not even a game yet! Come ON!!

infoxicated
5th June 2012, 09:19 PM
So far, the game that's really got me interested is Watch_Dogs. It looked really cool - reminded me of the Neo Tokyo level of TimeSplitters 2 mixed with GTA. I'll be following that one pretty closely. :)

Not seen much else that really got my interest, and I was pretty disappointed at the lack of Vita news. Still, there's Resistance: Burning Skies and a couple of titles I'll pick up once their price drops anyway, so it's not like I'm starved of content yet - just wouldn't have minded knowing there's more on the horizon.

docfo4r
6th June 2012, 05:30 AM
I have this dream where at E3, DICE walks out and casually announces that Mirror's Edge 2 is actually going to be released this year. Please, oh please.

I also am so looking forward to this game. I loved Mirrors Edge, I think I played it through like 10 times xD but it's getting kinda boring now, I really would like to have a second part.

Other than that, I also must say that "Watch Dogs" got me interested. If Rockstar won't release anything new about GTA V, it's their fault. Watch Dogs might be a show-stealer for GTA ;)