PDA

View Full Version : Rant - So tired of server connection issues

Bendok
4th April 2012, 06:18 AM
Ugh.

Sometimes the online works with no issues, and when it does, it's perfect.

However, about half the time, three out of four events it loses connection mid-race, usually at the very end.

Today, I haven't been able to connect to the servers at all. At one point, it told me that I needed the online pass to connect. Wth?

None of my other games have any issues connecting to the network... I don't see how it could be an issue with my router set up when there are times when I can connect to the Wipeout servers just fine.

The single player campaign has been finished for weeks. I have all the other trophies. And I love this game, it's my favorite feeling WO so far (not a common sentiment, I know). I just wish whatever the problem is will be addressed so I can keep making progress.

Ugh.

JABBERJAW
13th April 2012, 12:05 AM
What the hell, go to download the patch and I cannot connect to the server. Then it just says nothing the next time I try. I'm really getting sick of this sort of stuff

Mu5
13th April 2012, 12:13 AM
Im sick of it as well.

After installing the patch I boot up 2048 and it connects to PSN ok.... then just before the menu I get a 'Cannot connect to server error' :turd

I thought they would have sorted it out this time after the patches/hassle with HD. It seems now its even worse.

JABBERJAW
13th April 2012, 12:28 AM
Where do you download the patch from? I thought it would show up on the main screen after selecting 2048

vdek
13th April 2012, 12:29 AM
Its a new platform, there's gonna be some teething issues.

Mu5
13th April 2012, 02:59 AM
@Jabberjaw - When you first launch the game you will see an additional orange icon along the top on the left, next to the manual icon etc.

Click this and it will download the update :+

JABBERJAW
13th April 2012, 03:20 AM
Thanks for the reply

Yeah, it's not there, the Japanese servers must be down which give this DL. I cannot play online or see any times either, joy joy joy.

amplificated
13th April 2012, 05:59 AM
The Japanese region is entirely separate from the EU and USA regions; software must be approved distinctly between each.

Be prepared to wait another month beore it's released, as was the case with 1.01.

vdek
13th April 2012, 11:38 AM
No, there was a server outage that's why there was a delay...

From their facebook:

Unfortunately there was a a network outage between 1am and 6am UK time and this knocked the servers offline. The good news is they have been restarted and connections problems should be all sorted now :)

Also Patch 1.02 is now available in the Japan territories :) Enjoy