PDA

View Full Version : A hi, Fusion, and a request...

Andeh
4th May 2003, 01:27 PM
Firsty hi, new to the forums, be gentle :wink:

Love Fusion, so much fun, me n my dad love it, just like we loved the original Wipeout. We missed 2097 and the others due to our Tekken 3 addiction though which is probably why the return to Fusion was so refreshing. :D

Now for the request. Any kind soul able to scan in the manual for me, mine got chewed up (my sisters cursed pets :x )

Lance
4th May 2003, 04:43 PM
my scanner is down, but hello and welcome :)

um... come to think of it, i don't even have Fusion

Andeh
6th May 2003, 12:35 PM
:o Why not?!

xEik
6th May 2003, 01:35 PM
Because having Fusion while not owning a PS2 is kind of useless. ;)

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Andeh
6th May 2003, 01:43 PM
But its Wipeout, dont need the console to enjoy it, just stand the game up, sit down and look at it, hum FSOL and lean from side to side. Im not sad, honest o_O

So, anyone wanna be kind and scan me the manual? :D :wink:

infoxicated
6th May 2003, 01:56 PM
If you have proof of purchase (i.e. the original box & disk) I'm pretty sure Sony would furnish you with a new one. :)

rjsec4ever
6th May 2003, 02:29 PM
Yes, that is true. I had to get new manuals for my Crash and Spyro games because of my cursed cousins and brother, heh heh. :lol: All I did was bring in the UPCs and original receipt... there, new manuals! :)

Andeh
6th May 2003, 02:49 PM
Ok, I still got the receipt too :) Will they want me to send them the game then? Can I survive the time without Fusion?

infoxicated
6th May 2003, 03:21 PM
I shouldn't think you'll have to send the game - just a photocopy of proof of purchase, I imagine. :)

Vasudeva
6th May 2003, 03:44 PM
I know I could perfectly survive without Fusion. If it was stolen I probably wouldn't notice until a few months after (not because I'd feel the irresistible urge to play Fusion but to clean up or take another game from the PS2 stack and see Fusion is missing)...

V.

Lance
6th May 2003, 04:17 PM
why not? well, as xEik says, i don't have a PS2. this is partly due to lack of funds and partly due to lack of games that would induce me to get one. so far, i've not seen any games that make me feel i must have a PS-2. i admire your solution; humming FSOL would not be a bad entertainment even without the game, the sway, and the internal visualisation. however, nothing i've heard about the game makes it sound like i'd play it for anything but the visuals, and only a half-hour per six months for that. so, put all those factors together, and bam! no PS-2, no Fusion. and before you mention it, zone mode would just go on too long for me; i have too short an attention span and too low a boredom threshhold to go continuously for that long a time. even the five laps on WO3 Phantom class is a bit of a stretch for me. relative to my set of likes and dislikes, the rest of the game structure of Fusion just sucks. it just doesn't seem to have the same characteristics that define the WipEout games for me. next time i have sufficient cash, though, i would like to get wipeout 64, and the machine to play it on, and most especially, get SE plus its required hardware.

the only one of the series that i consider absolutely essential for my well-being is WO3, but 2097/XL is 'absolutely' desirable

Andeh
8th May 2003, 11:56 AM
Hehe. Cant believe that actually worked.

I went into Woolworths and asked the girl if they had any copies of Fusion. Offered her £20 deposit if I could borrow the instruction manual, took it back to work, scanned it, took it back to the shop.

I was expecting a dodgy look from her, but she found it as funny as I did :D

Yuret
8th May 2003, 09:39 PM
Great! This time make sure it doesn't get chewed up again!

Andeh
12th May 2003, 01:36 PM
Dont worry, not letting that rabbit near my games again :D

Harvai
6th June 2003, 01:13 PM
I went into Woolworths and asked the girl if they had any copies of Fusion.

:o :o Isn't Woolworth's a supermarket?? it is down here!!

Lance
6th June 2003, 05:22 PM
so they still have Woolworth's in other parts of the world? here in america, the original home of Woolworth's, the company had gone into a decades-long decline against the competition and was bought out by a Euro corporation who did nothing with it. their strategy apparently included closing down all the U.S. store locations. a sad end for a company that once flew so high that it built what was then the tallest building in the world for its home office in New York. the building still exists; i wonder who owns it now

Wamdue
8th June 2003, 01:52 PM
If you scanned it , do you still have it in your computer? I never got a manual with my wipeout fusion as I bought that limited edtion pak from some games journalist.. so I got no receipt or something like that :/