PDA

View Full Version : SHIPS of 2048

JABBERJAW
29th February 2012, 02:48 PM
Feisar speed and AG Systems speed are really all you need, at least at the A+ speed. They are the easiest to control, AND they are the fastest ships around the track as well. Why would you pick the "faster" speed ships, or the prototype ships, if there is zero benefit to them.

The faster harder to control ships SHOULD be faster if you can stay off the walls, especially on the straighter tracks. In this there is nothing like this. Balance doesn't mean the easiest ships to control should also be the best overall. This is a little frustrating, and has been taken more to the extreme in this game.

That being said, I like using the feisar and AG, they are a lot of fun, but pilots should be rewarded for popping off a perfect lap in a piranha, rather than get a slower lap.

infoxicated
29th February 2012, 03:02 PM
I was thinking that this morning on the train to work - there FEISAR Speed is almost the perfect combination of handling and speed, so why bother with anything faster or more agile when you start the game with the best compromise of both?

I liked the fact that, traditionally, the Icaras was a balls out, straight line speed machine and best of luck to you when you came to a sharp corner. There doesn't appear to be that differential in 2048 that makes it worthwhile to swap. The only real reason I switch to the Qirex for combat events is to have a break from the FEISAR and because it has the most fire power.

To be fair, I haven't opened the rest of the speed class ships and I actually prefer the weight of the combat ships (Speed ships feel light as a feather to me), but it'd take quite a bit to tear me away from the very first ship you get given... and that doesn't seem right.

Temet
29th February 2012, 03:39 PM
I did more or less every classic race with Feisar Speed.
I tried Ag-System speed while struggling in A+ Challenge and I like it more for high speed.

For Zone, I used Feisar agility.

leungbok
29th February 2012, 03:39 PM
hmm, i don't know about the feisar speed. I used to chose this ship because of his stats, but i've better results with the ag-system speed, even if his speed is one rank lower. Maybe hidden stats, thrust ? Or because i uses less airbrakes with that ship ? It depends of the track also i think.
Qirex speed could make a good compromise for you, it's an heavy ship very fast and with decent handling ! ;)

JABBERJAW
29th February 2012, 04:02 PM
All the records on a+ are feisar or Ag. At least last time I looked, and I tried that ship and it just doesnt keep up. Don't get me wrong, I like the other three speed ships, but would never choose them going for a record. They should be faster based on their worse handling

infoxicated
29th February 2012, 04:05 PM
Could be that FEISAR Speed is to 2048 what Triakis was to Pure.

DarkRacer95
29th February 2012, 05:43 PM
If anybody has bought this game and the vita, could they please post pictures or a video showcase of the ships because i would really like to see them. (and possilby upload the music to youtube via recording it?)

TheFrostE
3rd March 2012, 12:03 AM
Hey dark,I have some videos up on my channel. http://ww
w.YouTube.com/limitbreakgamers (http://www.YouTube.com/limitbreakgamers)

NCR_Assassin
3rd March 2012, 12:55 AM
does anyone know what the Pir-hana prototype does? lol

JABBERJAW
3rd March 2012, 02:05 AM
It's awful, you can only turn using air brakes, the stick only tilts your ship. I really wanted to get to 50 to get this thing

NCR_Assassin
3rd March 2012, 09:25 AM
Well since i was wondering what this ship was all about and and nobody was posting anything on it here it is:

In order to gain extra speed, the chassis of this prototype has been thinned out to such an extreme that the pilot can barely breathe inside the cockpit. It is so thin, in fact, that there isn't enough room for the standard steering rack, or acceleration module, requiring the pilot to rely solely on their airbrakes to steer and auto acceleration. Any test pilot would be crazy to get anywhere near this thing.

I personally enjoy this ship its so much fun to pilot, what do you guys think?

leungbok
3rd March 2012, 12:25 PM
Well since i was wondering what this ship was all about and and nobody was posting anything on it here it is

JABBERJAW already explained what that ship does !
With some practice it can achieve pretty good lap times.

Snake55wildcat
7th March 2012, 07:02 AM
At my current rank of 31, i havent unlocked all the ships yet, but most of them. One of my favourites though has to be the Qirex Agility simply because it has a great balance of turning prowess and firepower to take on others, despite its rather cumbersome weight like its other brethen, it just works with how I play. Secondly would most likely be Feisar Speed purely for its godly engine sound [so sublime!:eek] and its nice to drive too, a great balance of speed and cornering. Finally the third place craft would be the AG-Systems Prototype because it can survive for stupidly long times when you absorb items, it seemingly gets double the 'heal' rate of any item absorbed [or maybe even triple or anywhere in between, im not entirely sure yet], which is very useful considering you do pull off double barrels, it also helps this is a damn nice machine to drive too. ;)

Also, for some odd reason after seeing the Pir-hana Prototype, its shape reminds me of a japanese Kunai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunai) weapon :D

gmrtom7
7th March 2012, 09:11 PM
Any chance we could get some footage of that lovely Pirhana in action? :D I love the way it looks; seems to be a very sleek ship befitting of the Pirhana name.

JABBERJAW
10th March 2012, 10:32 PM
WO PULSE SHIPS

I had said previously the AG proto was like a pulse ship, but it feels off. However, the agility ships are all pulse style grip, and you almost never lose your line, and you do not bounce around. they are touchy to control. They are not far off the speed ships on tracks with lots of turns. That being said, I hate these ships, and they don't feel like a wipeout ship at all.

Balance of speed ships: absolutely horrendous, the piranha,auricom,qirex have no chance on a+ speed. What the heck? The harder to control ships should be faster if you can stay off the wall, and significantly at that, since they are a lot harder to control on the curvy tracks. The AG sys is by far the fastest ship, and also the EASIEST to control.

leungbok
11th March 2012, 09:21 AM
I'm not that categoric, it's a bit soon to decide what ship is the best IMO, tracks are not yet mastered by anyone ! ;)
Anyway AG-Systems speed will dominate the ranking for a while. At least until the fastest pilots perfectly knows the tracks, but i feel some potential with pir-hana and qirex speed.

JABBERJAW
11th March 2012, 02:54 PM
Even if they are faster by .2 in a speed lap, that's still not enough, given how much harder it is to stay off the walls. It was like this in hd on most tracks too, harimau has many records on a+ speed time trials. These ships should really have no records in tt, however might be a better mp option to acceleration.

I am still thinking the balance is off badly, but we will see.

leungbok
11th March 2012, 03:36 PM
Let's wait also if a dlc don't bring any new ship with interesting stats for sl/tt (along with racebox don't forget SL :p) ;)

JABBERJAW
11th March 2012, 03:47 PM
Hope so. A few things I would have liked besides aur/air/pir speed ships being much faster, would more speed from the double barrel roll, MUCH MORE SPEED to make up for it's lack of top speed compared to AG speed. Also, when only 1 BR is performed, it should still get a normal speed boost, as of now nothing. Feisar prototype should get even more speed from the pads to make it a legit contender, as for the most part, it cannot keep up with it's speed counterpart. The piranha prototype should at the very least be 20% faster to make up for the no steering ability, or be given some steering ability.

leungbok
11th March 2012, 03:58 PM
For me the AG-System prototype is the funniest ship to race with. I regret that the boost obtained by double rotations isn't more powerfull. Besides that i'm not that disappointed by the fact single rotation gives nothing, it gives some challenge to get enough air for double rotations whenever you can. I'm also disappointed that his top speed can't allow him to be competitive against the speed ships :?.
About pir-hana prototype, a custom control option could allow to map the airbrakes on the left & right buttons of the d-pad maybe :D

JABBERJAW
11th March 2012, 04:10 PM
Not a bad idea at all!

Stardragon88
15th March 2012, 12:25 AM
I kind of like the Pir-hana prototype actually, it's a blast if you get used to it, but I'm skeptical if some of the turns (and skillcuts, even) at A/A+ speed are actually possible using just airbrakes and sideshifts. It also really messes up my coordination if I go back to any ship that isn't the Pir-hana prototype, they feel like they have a handling of 20 suddenly :dizzy

JABBERJAW
15th March 2012, 03:27 AM
Regardless, it can't keep up with Ag sys anywhere, or any track, rendering it useless, it's way to difficult to pilot to still be behind even if you do it perfectly

SOLID_STATE
22nd March 2012, 05:41 PM
I don't want to sound like too much of a noob but I haven't played 2048 as much as HD yet but I have noticed that, at rank 35 I still haven't unlocked the Auricom speed or combat ships and I was wondering at what rank you unlock them?

I'm also new to this forum, so hello ;)

Temet
22nd March 2012, 06:56 PM
Hello mate, just maintain your finger on the locked ships and the rank is indicated ;)

Colonel
22nd March 2012, 09:18 PM
Ah cool, I didn't know that, cheers Temet. Welcome to the site SOLID_STATE :)

SOLID_STATE
22nd March 2012, 11:04 PM
Welcome to the site SOLID_STATE :)

And thanks for the tip, much appreciated!

gmrtom7
25th March 2012, 11:18 AM
I just unlocked the Auricom Speed, and I am really impressed. I expected it to pilot like a bus, but it's actually really entertaining to fly! Definitely one of my favorite ships in the game thus far.