PDA

View Full Version : So Online Play really isnt THAT bad guys.

TheFrostE
17th February 2012, 11:19 PM
ok ok, i know theres no racebox and no way to set what you want to do atm. (hopefully this changes) BUT what is there works very well. its fun to have the little mini objs. to do during your online play. it keeps it interesting. the voting system is cool to, you get two options after each race and they are always different from what ive played. the game will also auto pair you with friends if they are online and theres room in the game. Lots of people are saying that everybody always picks combat and im going to 200% disagree with that, out of 20 or so races today i played literally 2 combats, almost always Race got way more votes. and Combat is cool too anyways, and the game also gives you plently of time to change ships for specific events if you choose to.

check out some of my online videos and commentary ive been doing for 2048, it will show off how well the online gameplay is functioning :D

http://www.youtube.com/limitbreakgamers

leungbok
17th February 2012, 11:38 PM
I sincerely thinks that the online campaign can be fun to complete and that the different objectives in races gives more interest...but...once the campaign completed it can start to slowly becomes boring to always jump on random races.
Some customization is necessary to keep the fun in the long term.

Stardragon88
18th February 2012, 03:14 AM
Lately I've been seeing more and more new people online and people have been picking Race more and more, it's certainly not Combat all the time anymore. I do have a couple of things to nitpick about though.

Some of the objectives just don't fit well with Race mode, it feels like they just took the Combat objectives and stuck them into Race mode. Things like "hit a specific player X with a weapon" can be rather annoying if said player X is dead last. It seems really odd that in Race, where the goal is go as fast as possible and come in first, I have to purposely slow down and absorb turbos (oh the humanity!) just to fulfill the objectives, if I want exp. It might be more interesting if Race had it's own race-oriented objectives, like for example, "overtake 2 people" or "go 15 seconds without any collisions".

I'm 2 ranks from 50 and I'm quite curious what the Piranha prototype ship does, but after that, I think it's going to be a little boring without the options and flexibility that were in HD/Fury's online mode.

JABBERJAW
18th February 2012, 04:23 AM
If they don't add customization, it is horrendous. If they add it, it is good for unlocking things, quick games,ect. There is no way of keeping people out either, if 8 people want to play, you get garbage framerates. Also, you can't play with just two people. Look at adhoc and how bad that is. We are pissed because it was completely unnecessary to take out racebox

TheFrostE
18th February 2012, 08:23 PM
ad hoc is 2-8 and not 4-8 at least. im just enjoying the game for what it is right now and not what it could or should be :/ . it would still be really fun to have random ad hoc 1v1 matches to test your skill on whatever they throw at you. whats stopping us from having an ad hoc tournament where we do 5 random races in random modes and see who comes out on top?

Darkdrium777
18th February 2012, 08:39 PM
whats stopping us from having an ad hoc tournament where we do 5 random races in random modes and see who comes out on top?Because that's absolutely horrible :blarg
Consider that you couldn't have a Venom tournament for lower skilled players because Super Phantom might be part of the draw. Consider that you couldn't have a Super Phantom one on one duel tournament because your choices are "Ya hafta race with 2 pugs on this track in Vector class lawl."

No.

JABBERJAW
18th February 2012, 09:36 PM
Do you have someone to play against adhoc? Just curious as to exactly what happens after a track is done. We could, but I have no interest in doing that really. They screwed up with this, really really bad. It is worse than the options in wipeout one. It was intentionally taken out. Racebox should have been in first, then a download for campaign.no damn time trials really pisses me off too. I enjoyed it too, but not really now. wait on that online as well, when you need to pick combat to pass the damn things easier as well, it starts becoming a necessity to pick combat.

amplificated
18th February 2012, 10:07 PM
I have no problem with the idea of an online campaign, and I don't mind the idea of a quick play option. I wouldn't even mind the online campaign requiring me to play Combat - if it were the least bit interesting.
I just don't like the ability to choose what I want, when I want, to be taken away from me. In HD, if there wasn't a room that looked interesting I had the option of creating a room with settings I liked, or I could not play at all and avoid wasting my time if I join a gamemode I don't like.

At least in Left 4 Dead for example, I can pull up a server browser with a console command. No chances of that happening here.

TheFrostE
18th February 2012, 10:18 PM
Well what happened to the creativity on this site..i'm sorry but if you really want TT you can setup a speed lap on any race on any speed do X laps and finish, it will give yout the lap times and you just add them.it's crude but it works. As for racebox...it sucks but oh well, maybe they w!ill change it. Al, yes I have some one to play with ad hoc, I'll make a video later. Just bugged that all i'm hearing is its cool and it SUCKs!!!at same time. Nononono lame lame lame stupid stupid. I'm all about racebox but when has ” fighting the power” ever worked for new releases changing things straight away, especially in the game industry now a days. its unfortunate, but they don't care, so let's just play and enjoy for now :D. This thread was a bad idea because its just going to turn into an opinionated war. So if you guys are playing online and want to race shoot me an add, I'll be there.

JABBERJAW
18th February 2012, 10:28 PM
If we do nothing, Sony will do nothing. That is my opinion.tell me if you think it is still fun in two days, when you need to beat a specific player, hit another specific player with a weapon ( both unspecified), and also win the race if you want an elite pass ( yes you need these to rank up higher). You can't just pick a damn race where the goal is to actually win for everyone. Sorry for disagreeing, you will find plenty of people to race online anyway. I'm just going o SPEED LAP until ( if) they fix the game.

As far as adhoc, those races are all random? Or does it open up tracks? If it did this with speed class enabled, I'd be happy with that at this point. OH, DID IT RUN SMOOTH with two players?

TheFrostE
18th February 2012, 10:38 PM
Ran beautiful, but the outcome you won't like, its the same as online...which doesnt make sense because with 2 people the first one to vote is the winner...i'm trying to upload now.

Al, the game always tells you who you're target is.on the right side bar and above their ships in yellow.also displays their name on left side where the objs show up.

amplificated
18th February 2012, 11:05 PM
Well what happened to the creativity on this site..

So now the removal of freedom is creativity...

TheFrostE
18th February 2012, 11:07 PM
That isn't even close too what I was saying...I meant that when features were lacking in previous wipeout titles through the years,ppl on this site have come up with great ways to work around the missing content. So please don't twist my words,I have no intention of bring malicious here.

Temet
18th February 2012, 11:31 PM
Hello,

Even if I respect your opinion, you're not helping the majority that is fighting to have racebox(-like).
I'm sure most of people like the idea of online campaign, and I do!
This just must be an additionnal feature, not a replacement of the classic online/offline.

Please reconsider it, and eventually help us to make Sony Liverpool develop these features ;)

Cheers.

TheFrostE
18th February 2012, 11:36 PM
Its still possible, they announced that there were new game modes coming...now to exclude racebox from that list would really suck big time, so let's just see what happens. Even so , adhoc multi player should get fixed so there's no voting, that should be like racebox if not anything else.

JABBERJAW
18th February 2012, 11:56 PM
I have a really bad feeling if they fix racebox, they will forget ad hoc. I know you want to enjoy the game for now, but we really need to get on their case to fix this. I have zEro confidence of them fixing this unless we demand it.

So, always random in ad hoc?

Just keep in mind, through pure, pulse, hd, racebox existed and expanded for each. They went out of the way to crush this mode. This is not DL material ( I hope now though), it is a necessity for this game. It has been in every wipeout game. It's like we are being force fed this mode, which once again is welcome, but not a replacement. It's actually not really that fun for me because I wish I had the other. If both were in, I'd like it. If they said racebox is coming soon! I'd like it, but not until then.

TheFrostE
18th February 2012, 11:58 PM
Yes always random in ad hoc, check the video on my YouTube.

onlykpop
20th February 2012, 05:07 AM
Hey Frosty!

I just have a question for you about 2048 since i know you have been playing it (saw some of your youtube vids, pretty nice :) Is there a feature where you can watch instant replays of your race from a 3rd person POV?

TheFrostE
21st February 2012, 01:36 AM
No replays kpop.

Boycey83
24th February 2012, 08:34 AM
I find it really annoying. I'm not interested in shitty combat events yet I can't filter them out. I can't even choose which lobby to join, so there's a good chance I'll just end up stuck in one where everyone votes for combat.

Also they took away the little indicator you get in Wipeout HD Elimination events that tells you were everyone is on the track, which makes playing Combat online a bit more hassle than it needs to be. Boo!

Temet
3rd March 2012, 12:42 PM
Now I've completed all the A+ challenges, I've been playing online to gain XP and then unlock the last ships...
Online is a PAIN, this is HORRIBLE !!!!

If it's a combat... then go for the objectives. You can even race A+, yeeha... but I'm part of the amount of wipers that totally hate combat in wipeout! Basically, it's "If I get quakes, I'll win".

If it's a race : well, you never exceed B class o_O'. The lag is HORRIBLE ... and you have to hit some specific player to win XP???? Come one, you have stop to wait for the player you have to hit, and then what? What's to point to race when you've been waiting 10 seconds???
Man, this is ssssooooooooooo stupid !!!
I thought at the beginning : "It's Wipeout, I want platinum trophy".
Currently, I have zero interest with online play.

THIS MUST BE FIXED !!!

JABBERJAW
3rd March 2012, 01:51 PM
What he said, times two :). It still has not been addressed. Custom controls SEEM to be coming, but not a peep on this issue We have been complaining about this for 6 weeks now, yet racebox has not been addressed once. I'm sick of the " we can't talk about it yet", it's been long enough. So until something in the very least is said or done, I would think they should expect to hear people really being pissed about the game.

lanceurdehache
4th March 2012, 04:14 PM
One of the thing i hate in the multiplayer is when you join the game late and you dont have time to change your ship, so you are forced to play a combat event with a speed ship, i always leave when this happen... but I have to wait for that loading...

Another point i hate is that you are not even playing more than half the time, the majority of time you are in waiting 15 second for the vote, after that 40 second for the event to start, 45 second for the loading, 10 second before the event start for real after that you play the event between 40 second to 3 minute (sometimes there is 1 lap event...) after that you wait 10 second to watch the score in combat up to 40 second if this is a race (30 second to wait if you are first + the 10 second that enable the last to watch the time of the others) after that 10 second to watch the podium

Also most of the event seems to be for the combat event, it is very rare to destroy a ship in a race... It will take an eternity to complete that campaign...

Temet
4th March 2012, 06:59 PM
Yep, the track should load during the ship selection, this would save 30 seconds between each race...

lanceurdehache
4th March 2012, 08:34 PM
Holy ... my online campaign just reset... i had Elite on the 9 first level. Now this is real PITA

Seems that i will have to write to the support email that they gave us...

Edit: Seems like leaderboard are down too...

Hellfire_WZ
4th March 2012, 09:35 PM
The PSN is down for maintenance, that's why. Your campaign will appear to reset if it can't connect, it'll be fine when it's back up.

Amorbis
7th March 2012, 11:16 PM
I thought I could put up with the combat races online until today, but after a spell of five combat online events in a row my stance is beginning to change. This is only worsened by the fact I can't simply quit a combat room and join a new room, as it always puts me back in the room I quit.

If we could have private rooms this problem wouldn't really happen, or if voting sometimes only had races to choose and had more options. Perhaps as time goes on more people will warm to racing online, instead of the confusion of people all over the track in combat races.

Temet
8th March 2012, 07:55 AM
Well, if you're in combat, it's not interesting (except if you like combat, but in this case I recommand you trying FPS then) ...
... if you're in classical race, it's maximum B class with minimum framerate, so it's not interesting neither.
It the most broken online mode I ever see...

DjManiac21
8th March 2012, 08:52 AM
Oh, cmon, combat is the best part of 2048!!! :D
(Worst joke ever)
Seriously, most of the MP goals are so unrealistic, the only option you are left with is to play combat! how are you supposed to finish first while hitting 2 specific players AND destroying a ship at the same time?!?! (Thos are MP lvl 19 goals, for example...)
I understand that SL wanted to say they put a lot of time into this mode to justificate the lack of racebox and such, but it really doesn't show...
I was really hoping that they did online as NFS The Run did it, now THAT's a good example.
In any case, let's enjoy the game for what it is, and add each other so we are constantly reminded of who beat a record we previously set, so we have enough to go back and reclaim them. (Badtest, you are out of this :P)

Boycey83
8th March 2012, 09:52 PM
I'm enjoying playing online I guess, but the Online Campaign is a disaster.

Why is it so long? Every 'Event' is just a bunch of random crap thrown together and getting through it all is just a slog. There's so much potential for a great online campaign too, but it's not this half arsed approach.

JABBERJAW
9th March 2012, 12:48 PM
Potential yes, but not at the expense of an excellent racebox. Hopefully this will be corrected, but there is less noise about it now.

leungbok
9th March 2012, 02:00 PM
Less noise because people lose slowly interest in that nonsense online campaign and in wipeout 2048 and move on other vita's titles.

Colonel
9th March 2012, 04:02 PM
Sadly Leung I think you're right. SL should be all over this, otherwise 2048 will go from a massive hit to a marginalised game IMO. So may good reviews, so much anticipation, and an excellent game really. But online is so hamstrung people will quickly turn off if they don't sort it out.

JABBERJAW
9th March 2012, 05:18 PM
They need to at the very least announce that a full racebox is coming(all three modes of course). It's been a long enough wait for this, and the most important thing by far for the future of the game. I'm only doing speed laps now, and am completely uninterested in the rest of the game. Generally, I would be going for personal race records in time trial and single race, THEN perhaps creating an online game with a specific track to practice online, with people eventually yelling at me to switch tracks. I might even buy two, to play CRUDBALL in adhoc mode on the track I like, and speed class.

There are absolutely none of the things I like to do in a wipeout game at this time, and an announcement regarding the lack of racebox features in all the modes is long overdue.

leungbok
9th March 2012, 08:10 PM
They already said some bugs were fixed weeks ago, so if an patch haven't been released yet, i have few hope it's because they currently are working on a very big update with many bug fixes and features (racebox, who knows ? ;))

JABBERJAW
9th March 2012, 08:14 PM
My guess is bug fixes, augmented reality, and the only thing this update that I have a little hope for is custom controls. I doubt it though.

leungbok
9th March 2012, 08:27 PM
you're probably right, even if the urge to add a racebox in their game is obvious, before many people lose interest in the game (i know several and i can't blame them). At least the dlc they already talk about must absolutely include the racebox if it's not released before !!

Amorbis
9th March 2012, 09:00 PM
Tonight I managed to have about 10 races in a row, which was great! It felt like how online should be all the time. I know that Racebox is a priority, but an online mode that isn't campaign like HD's should keep interest too.

The online campaign would be enjoyable if there was more than 5 objectives repeated over and over. Something that didn't involve deliberately ruining a targeted individuals races, such as hit a certain amount of speed pads, or take a skillcut more than once. I've started to ignore the objectives as most of them require you wreck someone's race and mean you aren't exactly racing. They're fine for combat events, but the objectives don't fit into races very well at all.

I hope you're right Leungbok, that a patch will add features, becasue at the moment 2048 is as well rounded as HD.

Nunalho
17th March 2012, 08:20 PM
Hello!

Can anyone tell me how to play with a friend on a PS3?
I've tried the following:
my brother turned on the PS3, Created a room in Wipeout HD with/without friends only option;
Went to cross-play on the VITA and nothing, I cant enter his room.
Tried the opposite and on the PS3 I cannot see the Vita room.

How? It sucks.

kaori
17th March 2012, 11:12 PM
Your friend must have the 2.50 update for WipEout HD.

Nunalho
18th March 2012, 01:24 PM
Your friend must have the 2.50 update for WipEout HD.

My Wipeout HD is updated, at least no update was asked...

kaori
18th March 2012, 02:56 PM
The 2.50 update is not yet available ;)

Nunalho
18th March 2012, 03:32 PM
ok man thanks!

leungbok
18th March 2012, 08:31 PM
it was available for a few days but it caused some bugs, so it was retired until it's fixed ! ;)