PDA

View Full Version : WipEout-esque iPhone game?

sweetdiss
4th January 2012, 11:14 AM
For those of you with an iDevice or two: what game in the App Store comes closest to the look and feel of wipEout?

amplificated
4th January 2012, 11:25 AM
Hahahaha....

I really don't think you can nail the controls' feel with just a touch screen and gyroscopic sensor. Sorry if I was rude.

Oh, and welcome to the 'Zone

sweetdiss
4th January 2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the welcome! : )

As for the comment, I'm not expecting any to "nail" the feel, I just asked which is closest.

Also, a Fling does miracles for tactile feedback on the iPhone and iPad. I believe it's more possible than you think.

JABBERJAW
4th January 2012, 10:39 PM
Low gravity racer 2. It plays alright

MyNameIsBom
5th January 2012, 01:24 AM
ground effect is ok, has 3D viewing options so if you got 3D glasses then the game will be alot better!

Low Grav Racer 2 is kind of like wipeout, but it feels like WipEout Fusion cause youre always stuck to the track.

kinda out of topic but when i learn programming at school i was looking forward to making a WipEout-ish game for iOS Devices

Oh and welcome to the forum Sweetdiss!

sweetdiss
5th January 2012, 02:30 AM
kinda out of topic but when i learn programming at school i was looking forward to making a WipEout-ish game for iOS Devices

Oh and welcome to the forum Sweetdiss!

Thanks for the welcome!

And if you ever did successfully make a WipEout-ish game for ios, you would be a hero. As i'm sure you know, there are quite a few clones but none of them are very close, so the market is wide open.

Also, I'd suggest looking at Jet Car Stunts for inspiration on the controls.