PDA

View Full Version : Ozone - 14th January 2012

Colonel
30th December 2011, 03:06 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x188/logicevents/Ozone_Logo30pc.jpg

Ozone III - Saturday 14th January 2012

Ozone Social Group (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=81) - Because you're worth it :P

Ozone Leaderboards (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArRl3YNE85fkdFhVazlVTU5CSklNajB4S1lHWEJVd FE)

After a fairly lengthy break, novide and I are again pleased to invite Wipers of all abilities to another friendly day of races, with a healthy dose of Zone Battle and Eliminator thrown in for good measure.

The date for your diaries is Saturday 14th January 2012. We'll be kicking off at approximately 10.00am (GMT), and will hopefully be going well into the evening, at least 10.00pm anyway.

The rooms we'll be hosting are:

Phantom Single Race – traditional Grand Prix (All tracks, forward and reverse... one race with weapons, one without)

Rapier Single race – traditional Grand Prix

Flash Single Race – Weapons on

Zone Battle – 50 – 55 target, All tracks

Rapier Eliminator – variable targets, selected tracks

* Bling Brigade Room - 3.00pm(GMT)

** Endurance Trophy match (12 race rapier tournament) - available on request, for anyone who needs it.

As always, all offers to host will be gratefully received, as we'll both need some break time during the day. I know it's a bit of a pain writing down times as a host, but the leaderboards are already coming along nicely, so it really is appreciated.

Personally I will make much more of an effort regarding videos this time, and I'd like to see everybody else's too. We will all be chatting in the Ozone Room throughout the day, so just give one of us a shout if you need an invite.

With regards to team events, I am looking for volunteers for a) a 4vs4 Flash Tournament and b) Harimau Racers Club Vs AG-Systems. All suggestions for other matches we can play will be very welcome.

See you on Saturday 14th,

Colonel__Gaddafi and novide :rock

Ragsus Maxima
30th December 2011, 06:23 PM
Mmmm... a versus with AG-Systems racers; I may end taking part of it. :)

Nutcase:259
30th December 2011, 07:11 PM
how many Ag-Systems v Harimau matches would there be? both ships are quite popular. we could have a series of 'friendly' :P running battles so as everyone could have a go.

P.S. Join AG-SYS :P :D (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=66)

Olivario
30th December 2011, 07:19 PM
I'd be glad if I took part in that Flash 4vs4 :hyper. I'm up for the Harimau Team too but I already played the last match we raced so other pilot can take my place, no problem at all.

SoA_Booney
31st December 2011, 12:02 AM
Ill hop in my AG for it ;)

Oryx Crake
31st December 2011, 01:42 AM
Mirage represent! hehe

Colonel
31st December 2011, 11:04 AM
how many Ag-Systems v Harimau matches would there be? both ships are quite popular. we could have a series of 'friendly' :P running battles so as everyone could have a go.

That's not a bad idea Nut, if there are enough people up for it we could maybe have three 8 race tourneys throughout the day or something.

Obviously if there are pilots of other teams (e.g. Mirage) that want a match we can sort that out too.

Still not managed to do an international at Ozone yet, maybe the Japanese would be interested.

NIXELE_10
31st December 2011, 02:40 PM
Can we have a phantom beginner lobby cuz i think am the only one that has a low rank than all of you lot. Rank 29 wipeout rank:frown:

Colonel
31st December 2011, 03:40 PM
Well of course, might be tricky though, as all lobbies are public at these events, so it would be difficult to guarantee 3 or 4 experienced players wouldn't join (unless those players were in the chat room). You could try hosting one and see how it goes.

I must stress that these events are for everybody, regardless of experience or skill level, and I'd like as many new players to take part as possible.

LJtheZombie
31st December 2011, 04:08 PM
Count me in.

I keep seeing team matchups arranged, I think I might need to cobble some Goteki pilots together to form a makeshift team of my own, or I'll keep getting left out, ha ha.

Challenger #001
31st December 2011, 04:13 PM
The one Qirex pilot here will make an appearance, but I can't promise I'll be there or capable for team races.

D_1998_BR
31st December 2011, 06:19 PM
I'm always in! EG-X,Auricom and Assegai representer here!

I gave a break on WipEout HD and now I'm quite rusty,but I think I will be as good as new on the next Ozone so no worries :D

Queen Bee Match running,maybe?

~D~

EDIT:Count me in for the 4x4 Flash tourney :)
EDITED EDIT: Not sure if I will be able to record,but I will make what's possible :)

Dark_Phantom_89
31st December 2011, 06:28 PM
I'll be there Col, thanks for doing another Ozone event. :+

Colonel
31st December 2011, 06:42 PM
Excellent. Really pleased to see a lot of interest already, good on you guys :)

Killercrusher232
31st December 2011, 07:29 PM
Twisted Metal comes out that day, WHAT DO I CHOOSE?

joeg_garcia78
31st December 2011, 08:31 PM
representing AG-SYSTEM from Colombia

My brother vlhad13 and me jorg_garcia78 I wish you a happy new year so best wishes in this 2012 :)

a pleasure to race with you guys :)

Colonel
31st December 2011, 09:24 PM
vlhad13 is your brother? Cool, he's a fast bugger! See you soon JorG, happy new year mate

morfeo378
1st January 2012, 10:13 PM
I'm on vacation, count me and my Harimau or ag systems;)

Colonel
2nd January 2012, 12:17 AM
If Booney's playing for AG-Systems I insist you play for HRC Morfeo ;)

trackripper
2nd January 2012, 12:21 PM
Hmm. Difficult for me as usual, although I shall hope for the best :) I did make the last one I suppose...

SoA_Booney
2nd January 2012, 12:53 PM
If there is more interest in AG then ill happily race for HRC seeing as im officially a member of HRC ;)

Colonel
2nd January 2012, 03:23 PM
Okay so far we have the following pilots for AG-Systems Vs HRC:

AG-Systems:
Ragsus_Maxima
Nutcase259
JorG_Garcia78
Morfeo378
Reserves: Azurooth

And for HRC:
oliver_fighter7
SoA_Booney
Colonel__Gaddafi
onlykpop

I suggest two six race phantom tourneys back-to-back, one with weps on, one with weps off. I'll randomise the track settings at the beginning of each tournament and just see what we end up with. Add up the score at the end and job's a good un :)

Is everyone alright with that? Having anything much longer will mean 8 people being out of the main action for most of the afternoon / evening.

Edit: Looks like onlykpop will race for HRC so we're pretty much set. Cracking.

onlykpop
2nd January 2012, 08:22 PM
Yayyy traditional Phantom Grand Prix! I would love to have some fun races! That saturday will be my last for a couple of months. Sadly i will have to return to school on sunday :( I will miss these fun races for a while!!! Lets make it a fun one until next time :D

P.s. i will be in a harimau!!

Azurooth
3rd January 2012, 11:59 AM
Are all the "seats taken" for AG, if not i would love to join.

Colonel
3rd January 2012, 12:03 PM
Looks like they might be Phil, although you know what these things are like, things happen and people are unable, so I'll add your name to the list anyway. Wouldn't be surprised if you get a game.

Edit: Any more for the Flash tourney? So far the pilots who have expressed an interest are...

oliver_fighter7
D_1998_BR
Morfeo378
Bazzman32
Rennfisch
Colonel__Gaddafi
Oryx_Crake
LJTheZombie

Oryx Crake
3rd January 2012, 03:55 PM
I'm absolutely atrociously bad at flash but could be fun :)

LJtheZombie
3rd January 2012, 07:27 PM
I can deal with flash, so you can sign me and the yellow beast up if you like, Colonel.

Colonel
3rd January 2012, 08:51 PM
Okey doke, looks like we have a full compliment for the flash tourney, fantastic. Obviously any subs will be more than welcome, circumstances have a habit of wrecking team line-ups with ease.

I've tried to separate the players into 2 fairly balanced teams and here's what I've come up with... hope you guys are okay with it:

Team One
Bazzman32
Rennfisch
Colonel__Gaddafi
oliver_fighter7

Team Two
D_1998_BR
Oryx_Crake
LJTheZombie
morfeo378

Format of the tournament TBC, any suggestions appreciated. Cheers.

onlykpop
3rd January 2012, 09:39 PM
Is it too late for me to join the flash tourny also??? Hehehe....

Olivario
3rd January 2012, 11:23 PM
I'm fine with that Col ;) I can see a exciting tournament there.
Btw, what does TBC mean?

LJtheZombie
4th January 2012, 12:40 AM
It means, 'To be confirmed' - he hasn't decided yet.

Oryx Crake
4th January 2012, 06:03 AM
I'm thinking the HRC vs. AG-Sys setup seems fair. To be sure though, I'm not a star flash player so I don't exactly know what the advantages or disadvantages of this would be.

Colonel
4th January 2012, 07:00 AM
Can do, if I'm honest though weapons-off flash can be a little dry, as it doesn't really have the speed to keep your nerves frayed like phantom does.

NIXELE_10
4th January 2012, 08:51 AM
okay ill try host an event and see how it goes but thats if i get my ps3 back cuz am grounded atm :| . I play at full phantom speed but i have alot to learn on barrol roll techniques. :mr-t

Olivario
4th January 2012, 11:24 AM
It means, 'To be confirmed' - he hasn't decided yet.

Okey thanks, I thought it was a concrete type of tournament.

Ragsus Maxima
4th January 2012, 04:54 PM
[...] I suggest two six race phantom tourneys back-to-back, one with weps on, one with weps off. I'll randomise the track settings at the beginning of each tournament and just see what we end up with. Add up the score at the end and job's a good un :)

Is everyone alright with that? Having anything much longer will mean 8 people being out of the main action for most of the afternoon / evening.
I'm alright with that setup; the lenght of the GP is fine and people will be more likable to complete it.

By the way, this time I'll try to record the gameplay, both this GP and the Ozone event itself. :)

SoA_Booney
4th January 2012, 06:11 PM
Ill sub for anyone missing for the flash tournament on either team:) just keep me posted if you need me xD

D_1998_BR
4th January 2012, 06:34 PM
Perfect! 3-4 days without internet really got me into an "possessive" style of playing!

Got 2 world records and about 6-9 top 10s today on Time Trials,aswell as did some Single Races with NIJI_tr.All of them (but Ubermall) we're top 100s :)

I just hope I can keep this myth spree until the tournament!
:rock

By the way,this is my first team tournament,I may fire a weapon in a teammate on accident ^^ Hate losing high-level races ._. I will try and practice with the Elite AI.Riding an Auricom HD for the flash tourney (yeah,a fkin' auricom)

joeg_garcia78
4th January 2012, 06:54 PM
a pleasure to participate in the tournament phamton HRC vs. AG-Sys :)

feisar rocket
5th January 2012, 11:23 PM
I wanna race too... except i'll get pwnd by SoA ( or not this time! :D)

zero3growlithe
6th January 2012, 08:12 AM
I'm in too! :D Finally there will be someone to race with :g

MyNameIsBom
6th January 2012, 09:22 AM
post removed

Dark_Phantom_89
7th January 2012, 09:17 PM
I'm going to try and make a full day of this if I can. I really want to relieve the good old days with my "crew" and have the banter that we used to. DE, Oryx, Unc, Woop, Nut, I expect to see you all there! :g

MyNameIsBom
10th January 2012, 12:49 AM
oh darn it, i wont be able to part take at all, it starts at 10pm here in new zealand and ends at 10am, ill have to give this a miss then :( :brickwall

Colonel
10th January 2012, 06:58 AM
No chance of getting up early in the morning for a few races?

MyNameIsBom
10th January 2012, 08:00 AM
very unlikely, but ill try xD

Colonel
11th January 2012, 01:47 PM
Regarding times for the two tournaments taking place, how about...

Flash Tournament - 4.00pm GMT
HRC Vs AG-Systems - 7.00pm GMT.

Just a suggestion, I'm easy to be honest. I'll be around all day, so you guys let me know when you're available and we'll sort something out.

Olivario
11th January 2012, 04:53 PM
Could the Flash tournament take place one hour later, at 5:00 pm GMT? I won't be at home before 4:45 GMT or so.

Colonel
12th January 2012, 10:07 AM
That's fine with me Oli, is everybody else ok with a 5pm (GMT) start for the flash tournament?

In case you've forgotten you're taking part the other players for this one are Bazzman32, Rennfisch, D_1998_BR, Oryx_Crake, LJTheZombie and morfeo378.

I'll send some PSN messages tonight just in case :)

Nutcase:259
12th January 2012, 06:16 PM
with my "crew"

Gangsta DP in da haus! :P

i dont think ill be able to do a team race at that time colonel. i can only really race later . sorry, :cold
i might be able to race in the afternoons though :D

Colonel
12th January 2012, 07:00 PM
Hmm okay, how about 9pm? I probably won't be around much after 10pm because my fiance will get home from work, and despite my protestations she thinks 12 hours of Wipeout is "enough for anyone". Or we could do it earlier in the day, I really don't mind, but I've provisionally scheduled a Bling Brigade room for 3pm.

Oryx Crake
12th January 2012, 07:07 PM
bad news lads! my controller finally broke! T.T alas I am now controllerless... oh well rotten old heap anyway my old one but still that meansunless I can find a replacement by then I'm pretty much out on saturday.

I'll be around for banter and moral support though :)

Colonel
12th January 2012, 08:25 PM
Damn, that's a real shame Oryx, Unlucky mate. Mine went last week too, I'd only had it a few months. Luckily I'd just been paid so I could afford to fork out for another. Hope you can borrow one or something.

Dark_Phantom_89
12th January 2012, 09:43 PM
Gangsta DP in da haus! :P

Hellz yeh homie!

:g

R3BU5ER
13th January 2012, 06:43 PM
I'll try to stop by sometime tomorrow, I have been absent due to some ****ed up stuff last 2 months, but things are more quiet ATM. C'yall tomorrow :)

Oryx Crake
13th January 2012, 07:23 PM
I got to borrow a controller from a mate so I'm set. also I apparently have a working mic so voice chat is a definite possibility for me :) see ya there chaps.

Colonel
13th January 2012, 08:08 PM
Superb, really glad you're both going to make it :+

Never thought about voice chat to be honest, definitely something worth trying though. I don't have a mic but they're not much are they? I'll try and get one for next time.

On a slightly less positive note I'm absurdly rusty at Phantom. Haven't really touched it since the last Ozone and my efforts the last couple of days have been appalling. Not looking forward to HRC Vs AG-Systems at all :paperbag

Olivario
13th January 2012, 08:39 PM
It's a shame but mics work extremely bad in Wipeout. I just tried once and it was horrible, couldn't understad anything and there was a very disturbing echo all the time.

And don't worry Col, you are not the only one rusty at phantom, I'm not playing very much lately and to make things worst I see blurry with my eyes now so I can't practice. The doctor said that the bloody eye drops effects would disappear this morning but here I'm, f***** blind :lol

I just hope I can play tomorrow.

Colonel
13th January 2012, 09:35 PM
Argh, what's all that about Oli?!?

Re: the voice chat I assumed Oryx was on about some kind of VOIP thing rather than the PSN chat.

Oryx Crake
13th January 2012, 09:58 PM
no no well there is that too there is of course skype and mumble but there is a specific voice and video chat function built into the ps3 software that actually works rather well. whether you can play while using it on the other hand I dont know.

it's worth mentioning though that it is worlds removed in quality from the ingame voice chat of wohd... it actually works, for one.

Olivario
14th January 2012, 09:08 AM
I didn't know that there was that possibility Oryx, that's cool. Anyway, my spoken english is not good enough to maintain a normal conversation so I will remain away from that :redface:

Col, it's nothing important but it's pissing me off, a very uncomfortable feeling. I'm better than yesterday tough so I'll be playing in a while :)

Colonel
14th January 2012, 09:11 AM
Ah cool, I'll be online in a few minutes :)

UB3R~JKP
14th January 2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the Races lads, was great fun seeing you all again. :+

SoA_Booney
14th January 2012, 02:43 PM
Col, my internet is down atm mate so doubt ill be able to make it :( but you never know, so if im not make sure you have a replacement for the races :) sorry again mate

Colonel
14th January 2012, 05:22 PM
UB3R, good to see you again mate :)

Booney, gutted, that's a real shame. Hope you get some kind of connection before the day's out. No need to apologise anyway, you're not responsible for the internet ;)

Oryx Crake
14th January 2012, 05:49 PM
blah huge network error at 7:30 pm gmt+1 too much now and my thumbs are bleeding but after 6 hours of more or less nonstop racing I'm fine with that great time great times! a great pleasure seeing all of you again too!

video of the flash tourney is coming tonight.

AspenExcel
14th January 2012, 07:34 PM
Had some brilliant fun today in the phantom room. Top notch races. Thanks for showing up and racing, guys! :+

Dark_Phantom_89
14th January 2012, 08:42 PM
What a lovely event that was. I genuinely had a lot of fun today, and it was really great to catch up with the old schoolers again.

We also saw the return of Barnster which was nice. He's still got it!

I'd like to say a massive thanks to Colonel and Novide for organising another one of these and to everyone for participating!

Ragsus Maxima
14th January 2012, 08:53 PM
Very fun and entertaining event of this month; I've never recorded so much video in a single day in my life! This definitely will take several days until it's done. We should give big props to Colonel Gadaffi and Novide for all their efforts (or some free beers, whatever you guys choose :lol).

Col, my internet is down atm mate so doubt ill be able to make it :( but you never know, so if im not make sure you have a replacement for the races :) sorry again mate
In the end, the tourney was postponed, so you don't have to worry about that. We're currently thinking about doing it the next week.

Colonel
14th January 2012, 09:43 PM
Well it's all winding down now (a few left but I'm knackered and certainly done for the day). Like Ragsus I've got an obscene amount of video to sift through and edit, I'll make a concerted effort to get it up by midweek.

Shame we couldn't get the HRC Vs AG-Systems match done but next weekend's good with me if the others are free.

I tried to write down all the pilots who I came across in The Ozone Room. Apologies for any omissions or mispellings, but my list reads:
onlykpop, D_1998_BR, Serpent, oliver_fighter7, meesiash. Dark_Phantom_89, morfeo378, DreamyElf, DJStep92, UB3R-BR3NDAGE, zero3growlithe, Oryx_Crake, traksta1, LJTheZombie, Nutcase259, R3BU5ER, Ragsus_Maxima, Bjoern92, JorG_Garcia, Challenger001, SpeedKANG96, Rennfisch, xXSuperRyugaXx, Original_Spider, Unctuos, Chaos80, P_Denton

Many thanks to all of you who showed up today, best one yet in many respects. It was particularly pleasing to find that after my lunch break I couldn't get back into the chat room because it was full. That, and many other things today, really put a smile on my face. You're all ace! :D

Dark_Phantom_89
14th January 2012, 09:45 PM
Many thanks to all of you who showed up today, best one yet in many respects.

Amen to that. This was my favourite one so far and I can't wait for the next one!

SpeedKAng96
14th January 2012, 10:44 PM
What a blast it was tonight, I've missed racing with you lads ALOT!:hyper

Oryx Crake
14th January 2012, 11:16 PM
Okay! video of the Flash tournament is now up from my perspective: part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00EkyNS68YI) & part2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b-oBLWXRgk)

hope you enjoy it ^_^

Rennfisch
15th January 2012, 06:58 AM
Everything was alright, when I finished at the last place. Till I was better, the error occured! :(

DreamyElf
15th January 2012, 08:10 AM
It was nice to race and chat again with some old friends (and some new)!:beer
Sorry i didn't stay longer and thanks to novide and Colonel for organizing this event! :clap

Until next time, goodbye. :)

Olivario
15th January 2012, 11:04 AM
Had a great time yesterday, thanks to Colonel and novide for their effort and to all of you for the races. I apologize for disconnecting during the Flash tournament, an IP error happened and took me some time to figure out what was the exact problem, but who knows, we may try to re-race it someday ;)

D_1998_BR
15th January 2012, 01:40 PM
Unfinished flash tourney :-

Great races.You guys made me want to stay on the game,I'm not quitting anymore...I will host some 20-lap Flash Races oftenly when I'm online,so lookout for them!

feisar rocket
15th January 2012, 07:11 PM
I had fun watching the conversation ;)

I wanted to run a WET but, Ozone...

MyNameIsBom
16th January 2012, 12:22 AM
i missed it! damn :brickwall

morfeo378
16th January 2012, 07:29 PM
tournament flash from my perspective, it was really fun, sorry for the live commentary :redface:;):brickwall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdTjO3w35IQ&feature=youtu.be

Colonel
16th January 2012, 08:37 PM
Nice video Morfeo, seems your daughter was getting pretty excited by it too :D

Oryx Crake
16th January 2012, 08:44 PM
yeah great stuff :D oh hey btw adam did you tally up the scores?

Colonel
16th January 2012, 09:55 PM
I did. Been trying to upload my videos (including the flash tourney) but Youtube is torturing me (WTF do you mean invalid format?!?). Anyhoo, the final scores were:

Team A (Renn, kpop, Oli and me) 71
Team B (Oryx, LJ, Diego and Morfeo) 103

Next time we definitely need team names ;)

Oryx Crake
16th January 2012, 10:12 PM
was a tough match that very even all the way through the only exception being TJ, and that was only due to luck on our teams part. I must say great teams great people... all around fun! and cool that we got video from at least 3 perspectives this time too :)

Colonel
18th January 2012, 04:55 PM
Here are my videos from last weekend's Ozone...

Rapier Grand Prix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4y8Cfwot_8)
Rapier Eliminator (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KmI1eXUlbU)
Flash Tournament (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP1jP2v7uPo)
Zone Battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swnyg9v9lgo)
Phantom Grand Prix - Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIWDdE7PxSk) (This may well not work, God only knows why)
Phantom Grand Prix - Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUQuHGK6-3E)

I'll get the leaderboards updated before the weekend.

Ragsus Maxima
19th January 2012, 01:20 PM
Great to see your POV, Colonel; and the 1st part of the Phantom GP works for me!

Now it's my turn to show you guys my POV, but I'm having some difficulties with the f***er, but for today all parts should be fully rendered. Yeah, this time I'll upload three videos instead of one since the full video lasts 52 minutes and I prefer to split it up in three so it can be more easier to watch the parts you'd like to see first.

About the uploads, hopefully they will be ready before the week ends.

novide
21st January 2012, 08:05 AM
i know i am bit late, but now my vids are up.

little ozone videomix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWHYpu7rU78)

Playlist: rapier and phantom races and 2 eliminator from last ozone saturday (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL46E5FEB204ACA4B6)

i had some trouble with the hd pvr software and uploaded only races, where i did not to bad ;)

thx to all, who took part :+

Ragsus Maxima
21st January 2012, 03:50 PM
You're not the only one, Novide. :P

Rapier (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL1FJnbtugs) and Phantom races (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WShvBhqglyY), and also the full-grid Phantom tournament (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZCxonGD5pI).
Uploads at 512 kbps are a b***h.

onlykpop
22nd January 2012, 08:30 PM
This was sooo exciting and so fun to be apart of. I cant wait till next time!! You guys were all great!!! :)