PDA

View Full Version : GLITCH : How contact Sony Liverpool or Stuart Tilley ?

kaori
29th August 2011, 03:44 PM
I can't explain all but someone have discovered a glitch in a old WipEout game,
and we have some reasons to think this f***ing fail can be present in WipEout 2048.

So a video has been made to show it, but I don't want everyone see that,
because it will be able to ruin the WipEout game that have this bug.

I search to contact Sony Liverpool or Stuart Tilley, I tried that on FaceBook,
on Twitter, but no reply :|

Maybe they don't check by themselves their own FaceBook/Twitter pages.

So I need help to contact them. Maybe a dev is reading that,
so please send me a PM. Maybe a former dev is able to help me but mainly WipEout 2048.

It's very important, I (we) hope this glitch will be erased,
maybe it's already done, but checking that will take less than 10 minutes.

Thanks.

Asayyeah
29th August 2011, 03:53 PM
I've seen this video and can tell to anyone that is plain stupid and will ruin a lot of the competitive fair aspect of that new game 2048.

It's not like releasing a new game and discovering after few months of sales that there's something wrong. We do know now this Glitch from previous iterations, like Kaori said, so there's still time to take action if necessary before the game is released.

No need to extrapolate more on this glitch , by who has it found, or how do it , etc... main thing is to contact dev ASAP.

So please help us to contact them in a way or another

Kyonshi
29th August 2011, 11:49 PM
Many glitches and bugs have been discovered and disclosed in WOHD and none of them have been fixed (do we have functional voice chat yet?), except that developers work really really hard to have ads run perfectly during loading times.:?

Don't get your expectations too high my friend. It might get fixed, there's always a possibility. But mentally prepare yourself... to nothing.

blackwiggle
30th August 2011, 11:43 AM
I'd try to contact them through Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
Or
Send a urgent ATTENTION! PM to the administrator of the official French Sony Playstation forum, telling them the situation and asking for contact details.
I've sent the same messages to both the mods at the Aus PS forum and UK PS forum telling them to get in contact with SL, and gave a link to this post.

EDIT:I intended to phone somebody there [SL] and tell them to look at this post, only way to be sure ;)
Trying to find SL phone number needs the resources of Rupert Murdochs defunct newspaper.
Finally found it, haven't tried ringing, maybe somebody closer to them might want to try.
Here's their numbers.
Napier Court
Stephenson Way
Wavertree Technology Park
Liverpool
L13 1HD
Tel : 0151 282 3000
Fax : 0151 282 3442

kaori
30th August 2011, 01:15 PM
Video send to Studio Liverpool :hyper
Thanks for reply, and good luck ;)

blackwiggle
30th August 2011, 01:20 PM
Lets hope they fix it.

Medusa
30th August 2011, 03:46 PM
Good luck guys! Studio Liverpool, here's your chance to show you still give a whit about the hardcore players. :)

kanar
31st August 2011, 06:14 AM
Huge thx Kao & GS, you guys did an awesome job. Could have been done a few months ago imho if you see what I mean... So once again thanks a lot guys, maybe you just saved the entire franchise there, if the devs finally wake up.

Sausehuhn
31st August 2011, 06:20 AM
Let us know when/if you got any answer! :)

rdmx
31st August 2011, 07:55 AM
I'm really super curious to know what this glitch is that sounds particularly game breaking.

It's not the same as the most recent 'controversy' is it?

Temet
31st August 2011, 09:27 AM
Yes it is.

Sausehuhn
31st August 2011, 09:49 AM
Haha, I’m so glad I have absolutely no clue what it’s all about and I’m still enjoying the game(s). Surely it should be fixed anyway. But don’t spoil it for me! :nod

Temet
31st August 2011, 11:38 AM
I was about to answer you what I think about all this stuff but this would cost me the hatred of too many wipers I know and like...

blackwiggle
31st August 2011, 11:56 AM
I think we would all rather SL just fix the problem so it never has to be discussed again.

Temet
31st August 2011, 12:06 PM
For sure :nod

gmrtom7
31st August 2011, 09:18 PM
I think we would all rather SL just fix the problem so it never has to be discussed again.

Is it really so bad that it would ruin the series? Would someone be able to PM me or at least hint? I too am intensely curious.

Medusa
31st August 2011, 09:25 PM
For hardcore players who have mastered how to play it properly, it would. In my opinion at least which is only an opinion. I don't think it would ruin the series for most people. In my opinion.

UB3R~JKP
31st August 2011, 11:33 PM
Man, the WipEout World has it's very own Da Vinci code thang goin' on. :lol

amplificated
31st August 2011, 11:53 PM
If it's the glitch I'm thinking about, it's both absurdly stupid and absurdly easy to do, which means it has absolutely no place in the game (in which the glitch is found). That it took so long to find is testament to it's stupidity, but if it became widespread it would demean much of the value in the game.

I know what it's like to be on the outside and be curious (I still am about most of the glitches, truly), but knowledge of this glitch really should be restricted until it's fixed.

RJ O'Connell
1st September 2011, 02:30 AM
IMHO, this should not be kept a secret if it's supposedly going to cripple the competitive side of the game as bad as people are saying it is. It's actually hurting a lot more than it helps.

I'm just saying that when Cyrax in the newest Mortal Kombat had the messed up damage scaling, nobody in the MK community was demanding that everyone keep hush hush about it and just hope an e-mail to NetherRealm Studios would fix the problem. More people need to be aware of what it is, or what it potentially is, and why it's bad.

amplificated
1st September 2011, 09:09 AM
Nobody could perform this glitch unknowingly. You don't even know what it is, and you have an opinion on it? Odd.

Darkdrium777
1st September 2011, 04:06 PM
why it's bad.-1.00 to Venom times and easy to do is why it's bad.

RJ O'Connell
2nd September 2011, 02:48 AM
^ Wow. Task's Speed Fix is back in 2048? ...Actually I'm not too shocked when you consider that this game is derived from Pure. That's stupid that they left that in. Wow.

Still, the cryptic attitude towards this is also a bit ridiculous in my book.

Darkdrium777
2nd September 2011, 02:56 AM
I won't say what it is as truly the less it is known the better. It exists in all games from PurE until now, and if the theory that 2048 borrows from those games is correct, it will be in there too unless it is looked at (Hence the existence of this thread.)
If you have forgotten about what it is I will not be the one to give you a memory refresher.

RJ O'Connell
2nd September 2011, 03:16 AM
I'm just saying that the list of major, recurring glitches from the current era games, that can't be done unintentionally, and results in an easy 1 second time gain at Venom class pretty much starts and ends with the Speed Mod. Unless I missed some strange new tech in the last two years.

There needs to be a way for the game to have either the analog stick or D-pad active and not both at once during a race. That's the only solution to this that doesn't involve a wholesale game physics change.

MegaGeeza22
2nd September 2011, 08:49 AM
I hate it when people keep secrets among a few members... "Only we the enlightened shall know about this because we are 100% trustworthy and we will never use it... wink, wink"
If its kept amongst a few pilots then i dont think that it will be fixed, but if it becomes public knowledge then i think they will have to fix it.
A lot of people on this forum know about this glitch and a few searches on the web and you will find it, if anyone asked me i would tell them.
It should be made public and a games website should do a story on it, thus forcing a fix from the developers.

Darkdrium777
2nd September 2011, 10:27 AM
It's not about being enlightened, or more clever, smarter, more trustworthy or anything like that.
It's about keeping the full rankings for three games safer.

If it was reposted again in full, this forum being visible to the public and all, there's absolutely zero way to know if the anonymous guests that browse the place are not gonna use it in any of those three games.

I trust all of you. But I don't trust the anonymous people. Therefore you're not getting a description if you don't already know/can't figure it out, just because of that fact.

kaori
9th September 2011, 02:20 PM
Good news, WipEout 2048 will be safe ! :rock

Colonel
9th September 2011, 02:50 PM
They got back to you then kaori?

kaori
9th September 2011, 02:59 PM
Yes, just to tell me it was fixed.

leungbok
9th September 2011, 04:10 PM
Great news ! :)

Sausehuhn
9th September 2011, 04:17 PM
Nice. :)

They should give you some credit ;)

Temet
9th September 2011, 04:50 PM
Too bad they didn't mention if airbrakes will make you... well, brake !
Anyway, that's still a great new, thanks GS and Kaori :rock

kaori
9th September 2011, 06:49 PM
And kanar ;)

Asayyeah
10th September 2011, 09:54 AM
Congratulations for your dedication KKG (kaori, kanar & G) to contact SL and they found a solution eventually:rock
Maybe now you can again contact them and get those BR & sideshift rid of 2048 and HD as well ;)

:cold I can feel BR-Bok-Leungy starting to think about an Asa voodoo puppet :bat

;)

leungbok
10th September 2011, 10:51 AM
No need any black magic to see BRs and sideshifts appearing on 2048 8)

JABBERJAW
10th September 2011, 11:55 AM
I should have thought of that voodoo puppet for the first NA tournament

kanar
11th September 2011, 06:39 AM
don't thank me kao, all credit goes to you & GS. I did nothing except telling you how I fell into the dark side for a moment. This stuff just ruined my hd experience, but thanks to you guys I'm now sure to get 2048 ;)

Mad-Ice
11th September 2011, 08:49 AM
I do not know about this glitch. Maybe for the better, but I am happy it is gone. Thanks guys.

Connavar
13th September 2011, 02:10 AM
Note to MegaGeeza:

I'm a member here, curious in general, but I don't even want to know anything
about this glitch, except that it's fixed, the only people who should know about
the glitches are the people who are going to do something about fixing them.

kanar
14th September 2011, 04:33 PM
Hey Kao, what about cross-play? I'm curious about that...

kaori
14th September 2011, 05:28 PM
I'm too, I asked Stu about, but I won't bother them, it's their game :redface:

It's possible HD will be patched, it's not difficult to turn off the engine if you do the "tip"

Sausehuhn
14th September 2011, 06:03 PM
Isn’t WO2048 the last chance for WOHD to be patched? I mean they advertise WO2048 with its crossplay abilities and they probably do not want to present a buggy game on the PSVita.

I’m not talking about adding any content to the game but bug-fixes only. I have really no clue how much Studio Liverpool cares about WOHD anymore, but my impression is that it’s mainly Sony who does not want to invest anymore time and money into that game.

So with WO2048 it may be Studio Liverpool’s last chance to get their hands on some WOHD code again, because Sony surely does not want the Vita to be looking bad.

Darkdrium777
15th September 2011, 02:33 PM
Well they probably will have to do something with HD to patch crossplay in, but I don't think there are lots of bugs/problems left in HD. That's if you omit all the flying through walls or skipping huge parts of the track though.

There's this one that was fixed for 2048 which they could do in HD too.
I'd argue that they ought to rethink the boost reset in speed lap mode once again (Introduce a longer delay still or make it impossible to do near the finish line)
Fix spectator multiplayer so that you don't get a BS time recorded on your account.
Fix the similar instances when this could happen in single player.
Clean up the leaderboards of weird times.
And then... what else?

If they want to fix the track glitches well talk to me, I have some on Youtube in private so I could send them. The others that do as well Im sure would be willing to send them too.