PDA

View Full Version : Summer: Best day of the year in England.

trackripper
20th July 2011, 06:56 PM
A thread for all those stuck in Blighty with the miserable weather. I'm venting my (and probably everyone else's) frustration at our distinct LACK of summer here in England. GRRR. Not happy.
:P
I've heard Hungary and Poland right now are absolutely boiling, and I honestly don't see how that's fair in any way, shape or form :P

Oh look it's raining... AGAIN... -__-"

Sorry. :P /end rant

RedScar
20th July 2011, 07:26 PM
GIVE THE RAIN TO ME. We've had like 2 1/2 weeks straight of sun and every lawn is dead now. I'm tired of the heat, can't sleep well and hate being constantly 2 mins away from a deadly sunburn.

trackripper
20th July 2011, 07:32 PM
2 1/2 weeks straight of sun

Yeah. We've had that, but rain. We'll give you it gladly in exchange for some damn sun :P The sky looks like the inside of a grey ping-pong ball...

mdhay
20th July 2011, 09:12 PM
I'm loving the rain, man. :3

trackripper
20th July 2011, 09:22 PM
What's wrong with you?

greenymac
20th July 2011, 09:50 PM
Well, Ive got you all beat. It hasnt rained here in about a month and the temperature has been over 100 degrees fahrenheit for the last 17 days straight... Low temperatures at night never below 85degrees fahrenheit.

mdhay
21st July 2011, 01:47 AM
What's wrong with you?

...Nothing? :g

RedScar
21st July 2011, 02:11 AM
Well, Ive got you all beat. It hasnt rained here in about a month and the temperature has been over 100 degrees fahrenheit for the last 17 days straight... Low temperatures at night never below 85degrees fahrenheit.

Ya, FortW is hot (was there last summer). Game with a guy from around there and he says he has to use a soaker hose to keep the earth around the foundation from contracting and leaving it exposed :X .

I called a vendor today in Houston, and the lady and I started to chat about the weather. She heard I was from Canada and asked "is it cold?" XD.

Tommorrow is supposed to be 34C feeling like 45C with humidity (93F and 113F for my imperial friends) where I live, and in TO its supposed to be 38C feeling like 48C. Glad I'm indoors:!

blackwiggle
21st July 2011, 05:42 AM
It's bloody cold in Sydney atm, 10 C and raining for the last 3 days, it snowed in the Blue Mountains which are around 100km west of Sydney yesterday.
It least you can rug up when it cold, and it's better than it being very hot, which just saps your energy.

MegaGeeza22
21st July 2011, 07:04 AM
I remember a few years back i was sitting at lands end in cornwall sipping ice cold lemonade in the red hot sun whilst looking miles out to sea, on the horizon we could see a storm brewing and we could actually see the rain getting closer and closer... until 30 mins later it was a meter in front of us and we got drenched lol. it felt so good! but we were just amazed as we watched the rain get closer until it was right on top of us.
You just dont get that perspective inland.
but i agree, we have had no summer in England yet... but it will come

Colonel
21st July 2011, 09:00 AM
It won't. We'll get to the middle of August and it will still be crap. That's when they'll start telling us on the weather forecast that we're due an Indian summer. But they're only saying that so we don't all top ourselves at the thought of not having a summer. Again.

I'm not too fussed actually, the bad weather means less hayfever... and we've still got loads of daylight hours, that's the main thing.

trackripper
21st July 2011, 09:39 AM
The sky's actually turned blue here for the first time in... oh no. Just clouded over again.

feisar rocket
21st July 2011, 11:50 AM
GIVE THE RAIN TO ME. We've had like 2 1/2 weeks straight of sun and every lawn is dead now. I'm tired of the heat, can't sleep well and hate being constantly 2 mins away from a deadly sunburn.Yeah! The airport recorded the highest temperature (I live close to the airport (Pearson International) it ever did... 5OC (122F)! Now I know where hell is... IN T.O and the GTA!

I'm too black to get burnt but the sun is terrible. My friend is pink now!

Rennfisch
21st July 2011, 01:44 PM
You want some rain? We have enough! There are some pictures of yesterday night:

http://www.nordbayern.de/region/land-unter-in-bayern-1.1374192?offset=6&article=1.1374182&video=1.1376289#ancTitle

http://www.nordbayern.de/region/land-unter-in-bayern-1.1374192?offset=8&article=1.1374182&video=1.1376289#ancTitle

http://www.nordbayern.de/region/land-unter-in-bayern-1.1374192?offset=1&article=1.1374182&video=1.1376289#ancTitle

source: nuernberger nachrichten

mdhay
21st July 2011, 02:23 PM
But wet out there. :P

trackripper
22nd July 2011, 07:54 AM
It's a miracle... SUN!!!
Mind you, it's still bloody freezing. :(

feisar rocket
22nd July 2011, 09:39 AM
You want some rain? We have enough! There are some pictures of yesterday night:

http://www.nordbayern.de/region/land-unter-in-bayern-1.1374192?offset=6&article=1.1374182&video=1.1376289#ancTitle WTH! I can swim in that! I'll like some but not all, my basement will flood. I need my wi-fi...

I feel sorry for you.

ion harvest
22nd July 2011, 05:29 PM
I remember a few years back i was sitting at lands end in cornwall sipping ice cold lemonade in the red hot sun whilst looking miles out to sea, on the horizon we could see a storm brewing and we could actually see the rain getting closer and closer... until 30 mins later it was a meter in front of us and we got drenched lol. it felt so good! but we were just amazed as we watched the rain get closer until it was right on top of us.
You just dont get that perspective inland.
but i agree, we have had no summer in England yet... but it will come

I remember the bridge on lands end. That scary wooden bridge. And the signpost to New York LOLOL.

Its beautiful there though. When I was crossing the bridge I couldnt see my hand in front of my face it was really misty. I was like WOW this is AWESOME. And you know that bridge is kind of scary to cross haha.

Rain here. Mild weather and plenty of rain. I like rain. No theres nothing wrong with me just I like it. :P

Medusa
22nd July 2011, 05:36 PM
I hope our British folks can get some more sun. If there was a way to send it over there, I'm sure Canada would happily oblige. As RedScar already pointed out, we've been seeing tropical heat lately. The temperature in my place rose to at least 100 degrees Fahrenheit (thermometer broke...), and I had to abandon it to move in where there's air conditioning. The outside temperature, with the humidity factor, was nearly 50 degrees Celsius. Which makes nearly a 100 degree temperature difference from coldest winter temperature to hottest summer temperature! Gaaahhhh!!! Quite disgusting.

Fortunately for me, and unfortunately for Ontario, the heat wave has now moved east. I can spend more than 2 minutes outside without getting coated in sweat and humidity. :hyper YAY!

I don't know how the Americans in the south manage this type of weather for weeks on end. I assume that if a person didn't have AC, they would end up in hospital shortly. Stay hydrated...

trackripper
22nd July 2011, 06:19 PM
I think a weather switch is in order. :P Anyone casually got a weather machine lying around?

SaturnReturn
22nd July 2011, 09:11 PM
Think it might be a bit of a shock for me when I get to Toronto, if it's still hot in a few days. After an 8 hour flight, jet lagged, lost and lonely in a foreign land, sweating like a moose on a treadmill. Gonna be tough.:blarg

Medusa
22nd July 2011, 10:03 PM
Like a moose?
That's easy, just find a swamp and bathe in the mud...

*Medusa's tips for acclimating to Canada have now ended. Stay tuned.*

greenymac
23rd July 2011, 12:43 AM
22 days of 100 degree temps and counting! Its fawking hot!

RedScar
23rd July 2011, 02:58 AM
Thunder storms are called for maybe, BRING IT mother nature, I dare you.
But ya, this weather is killing me slowly.

Nutcase:259
23rd July 2011, 06:38 PM
Like a moose?
just find a swamp and bathe in the mud...

*Medusa's tips for acclimating to Canada have now ended. Stay tuned.*

and there you are wondering why your controllers are dirty (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8033&highlight=sticky+buttons) :P :lol

As for the weather here, havnt we all gotten used to the fact that we basically only have 2 seasons, Winter and 'Inbetweeny drizzly sunny leaves fall off and grow back mess'. ;)
It was relatively sunny today wasnt it? this week its mainly been sunny one day, rainy the next, then sun , although a few days of sun is almost always followed by a thunderstorm.#Nutcase Forecast ;)

The thing thats most annoying is that even though are weather is pretty much crap 365 days of the year our public transport still hasn't learnt to deal with it. it rains too much and the trains get cancelled with signal failures, buses delayed and what not, yet boiling hot and the tracks warp and the trains get cancelled yet again. if your lucky and its ambient temperatures you might only get a 10 minute delay :lol

mdhay
23rd July 2011, 06:43 PM
It's sunny right now, I don't like it, yo. reflects on my screen. :P

That reminds me, don't ever have curtains that are essentially giant tissues. Giant tissues that cost around £30 or however much you pay for a curtain/ duvet combo. :|