PDA

View Full Version : Online "All-Rounder" Tournament

Colonel
6th July 2011, 01:53 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x188/logicevents/AllRounderLogo_small.jpg

Okay so here is my proposal for the inaugural Online "All-Rounder" Tournament...

The idea is pretty simple, to succeed you will have to be competent at all the major online modes (although in many cases, two of the three should see you right), most of the tracks and most of the speed classes. I've taken the bulk of the format from Kanar's Avalon Cup and WOHD Cup, because it’s a tried and tested format, and works very well. The thought of trying to do this in anything other than a 1vs1 arrangement is needlessly complicated, and we all know how hard it is to co-ordinate 2vs2s, Bling Brigades, team matches etc.

With that out of the way, I am only looking for 32 People to take part, plus hopefully a small number of substitutes…

The tournament will be a 1vs1 knockout format i.e. five rounds - 1st Round, 2nd Round, Quarters, Semis, Final. You will be notified via PSN message (and on here) who your opponent is for each round. It is then up to you to contact your opponent to notify them of your choices and arrange you match. If your opponent sends you their choices first, please reply with yours as soon as possible. We don't want a situation where somebody springs their selection on their opponent at the last minute, having had 2 weeks to practice both sets of events.

*UPDATE*

Round 3 (Quarter Finals) is now open!
The "standard event" for Round 3 is a Single Race @ Metropia (fwd), Phantom - Weapons OFF
Please note that this makes Metropia (fwd) unavailable as a track selection for Round 3.

The "standard event" for Round 2 is a Zone Battle @ Tech De Ra (fwd), Target 35.
Please note that this makes Tech De Ra (fwd) unavailable as a track selection for Round 2.

Deadline for Round 1 is Friday 30th September 2011
The "standard event" for Round 1 is a Venom Eliminator @ Anulpha Pass Reverse -
Please note that this makes Anulpha Pass Reverse unavailable as a track selection for Round 1.

The modes and settings available to competitors are:

Eliminator (200 target)

Zone Battle (15 - 55 target)

Single Race:Weapons On / Weapons Off (+ Green Races and Endurance Races)

Venom | Flash | Rapier | Phantom

Each player chooses 3 events for each round - 1 Eliminator, 1 Zone Battle and 1 Single Race

A "standard event" will also be chosen (at random) by the organiser, at the beginning of each round, to act as a tie-breaker

The speed classes of your Eliminator and Single Race must differ i.e. no "Venom Single Race + Venom Eliminator"

You may use whatever ship you like for each event in any given round, e.g. Icaras for the Single Race, Auricom for the Zone Battle and AG-Systems for the Eliminator

All track choices must be different from your opponent's, and from the standard event - although Forward / Reverse combinations are allowed

Green Races - ("Weapons On" but only Turbo, Autopilot and Shield may be used) and Endurance Races (10 laps or more) are only allowed with full agreement of both players. Some people do not like either modes, and will not be made to do them. There's enough variety being forced upon you all anyway ;)

The standard event will be a different track, mode and speed class for each round. It will not include any Green Races or Endurance Races

Pilot assist is allowed, but weapons hints are prohibited in all events.

ROUND 1:

Ace3cube x vs x harrythelandlord

S0mmieUK 0 - 6 Andybob35

Colonel__Gaddafi 1 - 5 P_Denton

HaraKiriLisbon 1 - 4 Annoying_Git

Challenger001 5 - 1 Ragsus_Maxima

JFthebestJan 4 - 3 novide

denature 0 - 6 Tiduch

UB3R_BR3NDAGE 5 - 2 Sphereshift

matplayer1 6 - 0 Ziz528

kingjuno23 x vs x LJTheZombie

morfeo378 0 - 4 necrobiosisTX

Weed_Junky2 0 - 3 oliver_fighter7

FlintFandango 2 - 4 FirstDave

MegaGeeza22 1 - 5 Deepee11

fdmstryct 7 - 0 Rennfisch

AIIRWOLF 2 - 4 zero3growlithe

Round 2:

Tiduch 5 - 1 UB3R_BR3NDAGE

P_Denton 5 - 1 Annoying_Git

JFthebestJan 5 - 1 Ragsus_Maxima

Andybob 35 x - x Ace3cube

oliver_fighter7 5 - 1 NecrobiosisTX

matplayer1 4 - 3 LJTheZombie

Round 3 - Quarter Finals:

P_Denton 4 - 2 Andybob35

oliver_fighter7 6 - 0 matplayer1

Reserves:

Follow the progress of the tournament at http://challonge.com/wohd_allrounders

Any questions, comments, irrational outbursts welcomed. I'll be really pleased if we can pull this off, it should be a lot of fun.

Cheers,

Adam :)

UB3R~JKP
6th July 2011, 04:29 PM
Oooft, now this sounds Awesome Gaddafi! :D Count me in matey!

Nutcase:259
6th July 2011, 06:56 PM
i suck at zone battle but i can shoot people and race so im hoping i can get by being at least averagely competent at 2 of the 3 :lol

P_Denton
6th July 2011, 07:15 PM
I hope this'll work out. You can definitely count me in Colonel :) The wait till September is gonna a be long one^^

Nutcase:259
6th July 2011, 08:29 PM
ahh woops didnt read the massive September 1st starting sign. in which case i probably wont be available unfortunately :(

Tiduch
7th July 2011, 12:29 AM
I can take part of this tournament :+

MegaGeeza22
8th July 2011, 01:52 AM
I should be able to take part, i think this will be fun!

Colonel
9th July 2011, 04:09 PM
Thanks to those of you who've expressed an interest so far. I've updated the first post with a current list of competitors, but as you can see it's way below what's needed for this to go ahead.

So come on people, it's just a bit of fun at the end of the day, and another means of getting together and enjoying Wipeout.

FirstDave
9th July 2011, 07:02 PM
Hi Adam.I would but the names on your list are in a totaly different league to me and everyone on there would smoke me.Good luck and i hope it all goes well.:)

Dave.

UB3R~JKP
9th July 2011, 07:51 PM
you must not have seen my name dave! :p Come on bro, just a lil' bit of fun!

FirstDave
9th July 2011, 08:06 PM
It is a while away and i would need extensive practice just to get 7th i reckon and its br,s i,m just pathetic with them and my racing lines suck.:) you often get people who say they arent very good when they are just underestimating themselves but in this case its true i rally am crap.:- If Adam really struggles to fill spaces then i will step in to help fill the grid.:)

Dave.

Colonel
9th July 2011, 08:31 PM
As I've said before Dave, we've played each other numerous times at Eliminator and you're good. I've not raced you or played you at ZB, but I doubt you're as bad as you think.

The good thing about this format is that you can be a bit sly with your choices. The ZB for instance I've left open from 15-55 limit. Therefore people can choose a "sprint race" i.e. 15 target. Somebody who's not that good at Zone Battle can easily get a cheeky win over a pro in a sprint race.

Win your Elim and all of a sudden that "certain defeat" isn't so certain anymore, particularly if the "standard event" also happens to be an elim.

Have I convinced you? :g

FirstDave
9th July 2011, 08:47 PM
Hi Adam.The reason why we have not raced is because i have seen your race videos and know for a fact you would truly tan my arse so i avoid racing you as i do some others on here.I like to think i know where my place is on wipeout hd and its not with the fastlads yet.However i do like the thought of taking part in these sort of things and i think it puts you better in touch with the wipeout community and after all its the taking part that counts.So yeh you have convinced me (lamb to the slaughter comes too mind) so put me down for it and let see how it goes.:)

Dave.

Colonel
9th July 2011, 10:32 PM
Good man, I've added your name to the list.

As I say at the end of the day it's just a bit of fun. I entered the Avalon Cup when I'd only been playing for a few weeks, secure in the knowledge that I'd get my arse kicked in the first round... which I did (royally) by Onlocke.

A year later and I know he'd still ruin me, but I'd still play him, or anyone else, just for the experience. Cheers for your enthusiasm.

Colonel
21st July 2011, 10:17 AM
21 competitors on the list at the moment, anybody else fancy it?

trackripper
21st July 2011, 10:30 AM
I'd love to join, but 1st September is awfully close to when school starts for me, so I may only be able to play the first few rounds, plus I think I'm actually on holiday when it starts :P

Colonel
21st July 2011, 10:40 AM
Fair play mate. 1st round will be open for the whole of September if that's any help.

trackripper
21st July 2011, 01:27 PM
yeah thats better, i get back first week of september, so i can at least do something before school starts :)

Colonel
21st July 2011, 02:06 PM
Cracking, I've added your name to the list.

trackripper
21st July 2011, 06:24 PM
Actually, thinking about it, it probably won't matter if I'm not available for later rounds as I probably won't get through anyway :P Then again there is Eliminator mode...

morfeo378
23rd July 2011, 09:40 AM
count me m8

Colonel
23rd July 2011, 09:43 AM
Good stuff, nice one morfeo :)

XR_GTR
27th July 2011, 03:35 AM
Ready to be beaten down. Sign me up~!

Ace3cube
27th July 2011, 07:29 AM
You can count on my icaras ^\^
(or Feisar internal view)

Colonel
27th July 2011, 08:17 AM
Nice one Ace and XR_GTR, I've added your names to the list on page 1. We just need seven more people now and I can draw the first round :hyper

novide
27th July 2011, 10:53 AM
i will join :)

Colonel
29th July 2011, 06:42 PM
Only 3 places left, grab 'em while you can :D

Edit: 2 places left

Tiduch
31st July 2011, 12:23 PM
Pity that there is not too much very good phantom pilots, wipeout is not only a single race :)

Colonel
2nd August 2011, 12:32 AM
Just one place left now :)

zero3growlithe
2nd August 2011, 06:13 AM
Hmmmm... sounds like fun, i'm in :cowboy (need to train zone battles i think)

Colonel
2nd August 2011, 08:20 AM
Woohoo! Didn't think we'd make it for a while, glad to finally have a full roster of players. Okay I'll draw the first round and set up a Challonge! tournament board later this week. I'm looking forward to this now :g

Autechom
2nd August 2011, 08:55 AM
Just saw it now. Stupid me. Ok, then consider me as a reserve pilot ; ) Thx.

trackripper
2nd August 2011, 09:47 AM
Autechom, you'll most likely fill in for me if I can't make it, since it's looking a bit 50:50 right now for me.

Colonel
2nd August 2011, 10:53 AM
Only just noticed your PSN ID Autechom. You and I have raced a few times recently haven't we?

I've added your name to the beginning of the reserve list, I'm sure you'll get a place as some people are bound to drop out. trackripper - hope you can still make it, if it helps at all I'm planning to bring the start of round 1 forward by a week or so (no point hanging around), but will still give people until the end of September to play their first match.

Deadlines for future rounds will be decided as we go along, I think I was too rigid by saying "one round a month". Hopefully it will progress much quicker than that.

Autechom
2nd August 2011, 11:07 AM
Yes, we did, Colonel :) Thanks for adding me in case somebody jumps off.

Colonel
2nd August 2011, 11:59 AM
No problem Autechom. I've updated the first page with a couple of changes, including a revised start date.

Round 1 will begin on Monday 15th August, and will run until Friday 30th September (although hopefully we'll be done well before then).

I'll be drawing the first round matches at random this Saturday, 6th August, and also doing a random draw for the Round 1 "Standard Event". :hyper

trackripper
2nd August 2011, 01:06 PM
With much thought and regret, I'm going to have to pull out of this. After thinking about it, I simply won't have the time unfortunately and will probably have to drop out in the later stages if I get there, so I'm not going to be selfish. I'm pulling out to let someone else who won't bail on you guys later in the tourney play :P All the best to those participating. :)

Colonel
2nd August 2011, 01:18 PM
No problem dude, I appreciate your enthusiasm in the first place. And thanks for waiting until there was a replacement player before dropping out.

s0mmieUK
4th August 2011, 09:17 PM
Seems like I might be a bit late to the party. :(

Colonel
4th August 2011, 09:44 PM
Nope, andyf53 has dropped out, so you'll take his place :)

ion harvest
5th August 2011, 09:22 PM
I will take part :)

Thanks for the PM Colonel.:+

Ace3cube
6th August 2011, 10:09 AM
Let's Roll !

UB3R~JKP
6th August 2011, 10:41 AM
excited for the draw! :+

ion harvest
6th August 2011, 10:52 PM
Im nervous :blarg

zone battle scares the crap out of me. I dont do that. lol. And in green race I might fire a weapon out of habit. dont hate me. its automatic.

MegaGeeza22
7th August 2011, 07:14 AM
@ ion, i think theres already 32 people (the list on the 1st page), unless somebody has dropped out

Colonel
7th August 2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah annadonna has dropped out so Ion can take her place. Sorry I'm a bit late with the draw, was hammered most of yesterday. Gonna do it now, FA Cup style. My girlfriends going to pull the names out of a bag, then I'll put them into the Challonge brackets, draw the first "standard event" and let you all know who you're facing.

UB3R~JKP
7th August 2011, 11:57 AM
woohoo! :+

Colonel
7th August 2011, 01:40 PM
The draw has been done. I've updated the original post with the matches for Round 1. You can view the tournament brackets at http://challonge.com/wohd_allrounders.

I'll be sending PSN messages tonight, once I can get access to the TV - bloody Charity Shield!

UB3R~JKP
7th August 2011, 01:42 PM
Oooh, should be a great match between me and sphere!

Colonel
7th August 2011, 02:08 PM
Oh and the "Standard Event" for Round 1 is a vemon eliminator at Anulpha Pass Reverse. So Anulpha Pass Reverse is unavailable as a choice for Round 1.

Autechom
7th August 2011, 06:38 PM
Aaaah, there it is. Thank you very much for all the effort you put in, Colonel!_!

MegaGeeza22
8th August 2011, 05:43 PM
Im looking forward to my 1st round draw against DeePee11... i know hes good so i better start getting some practice in lol.
Good luck everyone and thanks colonel for doing a great job!

Colonel
8th August 2011, 06:15 PM
Thanks Geeza. There really are some great match-ups in the first round, and looking at the Challonge board, there'll be many good matches to come as the tournament progresses.

If I'm perfectly honest though, there were a handful of people I really didn't want to be drawn against in the first round, and when my girlfriend said "P_Denton" (okay she didn't pronounce the underscore), well let's just say my reaction was that of a four-year-old who's dropped his ice cream :lol

MegaGeeza22
16th August 2011, 04:49 PM
I just had my races against Deepee11.
Results.....

MegaGeeza22 choices,
Sebenco climb - rapier single race = Deepee11
Metropia - phantom eliminator 220 points = Deepee11
Chenghou project - Zone battle 30 limit = Deepee11

Deepee11 choices,
Metropia rev - rapier single race = Deepee11
Tech de ra - flash eliminator 200 points = Deepee11
Syncopia - Zone battle 30 limit = MegaGeeza22

Very tough races for me, obviously (5-1)... but i enjoyed every minute and the best man Won! good luck in the next round Deepee11 and thanks for the good races :+

Colonel
16th August 2011, 05:49 PM
Okay it looks like we're up and running. Commiserations MegaGeeza, Deepee is a tough guy to face when he's on form (particularly at Elims in my opinion).

Thanks for taking part, and for doing your match so quickly.

I've updated the first post and the Challonge board. Congrats to Deepee11, our first player through to Round 2, where he will face either FlintFandango or FirstDave.

FirstDave
16th August 2011, 06:07 PM
Just to let you know that Flinty and i are going to sort our :turd out on friday evening with the intention of getting on with it over the weekend. :P

Dave.

Colonel
17th August 2011, 11:23 PM
Good luck for your match this weekend Flint and Dave.

Unfortunately Bazzman32 has had to pull out due to work commitments. I really appreciate Bazz letting me know so early, and the fact that he was up for it in the first place.

So we're in need of another player to face Ragsus_Maximus in Round 1. If anybody would like to step in you'd be doing me a huge favour, and who knows, you might even enjoy it ;)

Ragsus Maxima
18th August 2011, 05:25 PM
I didn't know Bazzman32 would've been that busy. It's a shame he had to pull out, but his reasons are more than justified and I completely understand.
Maybe we'll race in the near future, who knows. :rolleyes:

Colonel
18th August 2011, 06:33 PM
I think he has to travel abroad with work for several weeks, so it's impossible for him to take part. There are a few people I can message and ask if they'll step in, and as a last resort I'll just blackmail andyf53.

Anyway I'll try to get you an opponent asap Ragsus. I owe you that much having pestered you to join :lol

Challenger #001
18th August 2011, 08:00 PM
I'll take Bazz's place.

Colonel
18th August 2011, 08:04 PM
Well that was easy haha. Thanks Chal, you're the man :)

Challenger #001
19th August 2011, 11:36 AM
No prob. We should be having our match late on Saturday.

UB3R~JKP
19th August 2011, 11:43 AM
Me and Sphereshift have arranged for Sunday evening bud. ;)

Tiduch
19th August 2011, 02:51 PM
My match with denature starts in sunday :)

Colonel
19th August 2011, 03:05 PM
Excellent, it's all starting to come together. Good luck everybody :beer

Flint Fandango
20th August 2011, 05:08 PM
Here we go:

The first place goes to FirstDave! :) You´re a skilled pilot, mate! :clap

The races and their results:

Flint´s choices:

Single Race/"Green Race" - Moa Therma Fwd. - Flash:
FirstDave
Eliminator - Amphiseum Bwd. - Venom [200 Points]:
FirstDave
Zone Battle - Pro Tozo [15 Limit]:
Flint Fandango

FirstDave´s choices:

Single Race/"Green Race" - Sol 2 Fwd. - Rapier:
FirstDave
Eliminator - Anulpha Pass Fwd. - Phantom [200 Points]:
FirstDave
Zone Battle - Chengou Project Bwd. [15 Limit]:
Flint Fandango

FirstDave is the winner! :rock

Thank you for the races, they were awesome to the max!

Good luck for your progress at the tournament and big thanks to Colonel Gadaffi for the great idea and the effort! :+

zero3growlithe
20th August 2011, 07:51 PM
Here's the results of my todays races with AiiRW0LF :D

Zero3Growlithe's tracks:
Single Race @ Ubermall/Wep off/Phantom - Zero3Growllithe
Zone Battle @ Anulpha Pass/Zone 30 - Zero3Growlithe
Eliminator @ Chenghou Project/Limit: 200/Rapier - AiiRW0LF

Zone Battle @ Anulpha Pass Reverse/Zone 30 - AiiRW0LF
Eliminator @ Vineta K Reverse/Rapier/Limit: 200 - Zero3Growlithe
Single Race @ Ubermall Reverse/Wep On/Flash - Zero3Growlithe

Zone battle..... arhghfahahahfha :dizzy xD But at least better than eliminator:brickwall

Ragsus Maxima
20th August 2011, 08:41 PM
As scheduled, we already ended our match and these are the results.

Challenger001's choices
• Single race >> Tech de Ra [R] / Phantom / No weapons >> Challenger001
• Eliminator >> Talon's Junction / Rapier / 200 points >> Challenger001
• Zone Battle >> Mallavol / - - - / 55 zones >> Challenger001

Ragsus' choices
• Single race >> Metropia / Rapier / No special conditions >> Challenger001
• Eliminator >> Vineta K / Flash / 200 points >> Ragsus_Maxima
• Zone Battle >> The Amphiseum / - - - / 45 zones >> Challenger001

Standard event
• Eliminator >> Anulpha Pass [R] / Venom / 200 points >> Not played

Final results
Challenger001 >> 5
Ragsus_Maxima >> 1

The challenger creamed me with ease, claiming himself as the blatant winner of the 1st round. All I have to say is I'm pleased to have raced with a renowed veteran called Challenger001 in this friendly tournament, and on the other hand, he made me see I still have a long way to reach the true mastery of the AG races.

I'm glad to have been part of this little tourney and I wish you Challenger the best of luck for the next events you'll face. :)

Colonel
21st August 2011, 04:45 PM
Congratulations to FirstDave, Challenger001 and zero3growlithe for progressing to the second round. And a big thanks to Ragsus_Maxima, AIIRWOLF and FlintFandango for taking part, I hope you enjoyed your matches guys.

Denton and I will hopefully play our match this weekend :)

Oh, I've updated the first post and the Challonge board, and we have our first confirmed Round 2 match - FirstDave vs Deepee11. I'd ask that you hang fire for a bit guys and wait til we're nearer the end of Round 1 before organising your match.

Cheers,

Adam.

UB3R~JKP
21st August 2011, 07:59 PM
Just finished my match with the awesome SphereShift! A close fought-out match that had me very nervous and fearing for my life. It also made me realise that I should have played a ZB match before entering this tournament having only doing about 4 in my WO life :lol Fantastic sport and a fantastic pilot, thanks for the match SS!

UB3R 5 SphereShift 2
My choices:
NO.1: Metropia - Elimiantor - Phantom - Target:200 = UB3R
NO.2: Metropia - Zone Battle - Target:40 = UB3R
NO.3: Sol 2 - Single Race - Phantom - Weps On = UB3R

SphereShift's Choices:
NO.1: The Amphiseum - Eliminator - Rapier - Target:200 = SphereShift
NO.2: Syncopia - Zone Battle - Target:40 = SphereShift
NO.3: Vineta K Rev - Single Race - Phantom - Weps On = UB3R

Default Event:
Anulpha Pass Rev. - Venom - Eliminator - Target:200 = UB3R

Onwards to the next round and a great match for both of us to play I'm sure SS will agree. :D Now, I must go practice the other WO match types! :lol

Tiduch
21st August 2011, 11:57 PM
Tiduch vs denature results:

My tracks:
Single race, phantom, weap off, br on, Vineta K FWD Tiduch
Zone Battle, 55z, Moa Therma REV Tiduch
Eliminator, rapier, 200points, Talon's Junction REV Tiduch

denature tracks:
Single race, phantom, weap on, br on, Vineta K REV Tiduch
Zone Battle, 40z, Ubermall REV Tiduch
Eliminator, rapier, 200 points, Sol 2 FWD Tiduch

Tiduch 6:0 denature

Thanks for good races denature :+

UB3R, you are my next opponent :)

UB3R~JKP
22nd August 2011, 12:56 AM
Uh-oh. :lol I'm very, very scared!

First I got Dark_Phantom89 in the 2nd round of the WipEout HD Cup and now I get the awesome Tiduch in the 2nd round of this cup. ;_;

Tiduch
22nd August 2011, 02:15 AM
Colonel, any suggestions for round 2 standard event?

Colonel
22nd August 2011, 08:47 AM
Not yet, if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks before arranging your second round match I'd appreciate it. Don't want to get to far ahead of ourselves, before you know it people will want to be arranging round 3 matches, before round 1 has finished.

Cheers.

Congrats though Tiduch, faultless start :)

XR_GTR
24th August 2011, 09:13 PM
Unfortunately I won't have any more time for racing. I don't feel like I should race when start of school is close (for me).

Colonel
25th August 2011, 12:58 PM
I've sent a PSN message to XR_GTR as I suspect there's slightly more to this than school commitments, hopefully he'll change his mind.

Can I politely request that all competitors read the rules thoroughly before choosing their events. It's been brought to my attention that a couple of the matches played so far have contained a) same-speed elim / race selections, b) Anulpha Pass Reverse and c) elim targets over 200.

Luckily these haven't impacted on the overall results, but in the future I may order rematches or enforce penalties where the rules have been broken. It's up to both players to know and understand the rules, so if your opponent chooses invalid events, please point it out to them.

Hope I don't sound too anally retentive / power-crazed here, but I'd like it to be as fair as possible, and that means all of us playing to the same rules.

Thanks,

Adam.

Autechom
25th August 2011, 01:40 PM
Hello Adam.
Since XR GTR requested the deletion of his profile so...

And no, you don´t sound to rigid. No worries ; )
Without any rules, a tournament doesn´t make sense.

zero3growlithe
25th August 2011, 01:42 PM
Wooops.... i forgot about this Anulpha Pass Rev limitation :|

novide
27th August 2011, 01:47 PM
JFthebestJan vs. novide results:

JF choice:
- ZB T 55, Sebenco Climb (R): JFthebestJan

- Eliminator, Rapier, Metropia (R): JFthebestJan

- SR, Venom, weaps off, Anulpha Pass: JFthebestJan

my choice:
- ZB T 55, Tech De Ra (R): novide

- Eliminator, Rapier, Modesto Heights: JFthebestJan

- SR, Phantom, weaps on, Modesto Heights (R): novide

and we also played the "standard event" :)
- Eliminator, Venom, Anulpha Pass (R): novide

4:3 for JFthebestJan

thx for the good races :rock

videos will be later online

Colonel
27th August 2011, 03:44 PM
Congrats Jan, unlucky novide. Sounds like it was pretty tight, Looking forward to the videos.

Played my match with P_Denton this afternoon...

P_Denton's choices:
Single Race @ Chenghou Project Reverse, Phantom, 20 laps - Weps on. P_Denton
Zone Battle @ Metropia Reverse, Target 55. P_Denton
Eliminator @ Talon's Junction, Rapier. P_Denton

Colonel__Gaddafi's choices:
Single Race @ Moa Therma Reverse, Flash - Weps off. Colonel__Gaddafi
Zone Battle @ Sol 2, Target 50. P_Denton
Eliminator @ Metropia, Rapier. P_Denton

Final Result:
P_Denton 5 - 1 Colonel__Gaddafi

Pretty much the result I expected. Denton and I play each other all the time, so I'm well aware how of good he is. That said, apart from the 20 lap phantom race (don't ask) it was pretty competitive, so I'm not too down about it.

Well played mate, best of luck for the rest of the tournament. The videos may take a few days to do as I've got a pretty busy weekend, but I reckon Tuesday or Wednesday.

novide
27th August 2011, 04:19 PM
the final results look closer than it was. JF won with 4:1, but we played all races. my hope was to win the eliminator races, but JF played to good.

P_Denton
27th August 2011, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the races col :) Close ones, you really put up a great fight in the zbs (literally in sol 2 :P ). On top of that thanks for setting up the whole tourney, it's refreshing. We were a tad unlucky with the drawing though, that's for sure (the point of a tourney meeting new people and all).
I dedicate my win to my most fervent supporter below (who's still squatting my room btw). Sorry about the quality, that's all you're gonna get with a laptop webcam^^

PS: LG owes me money for the blatant product placement

zero3growlithe
28th August 2011, 06:50 AM
I always have a fly on my TV when i play WOHD :g Maybe she likes Wipeout :blarg

Challenger #001
28th August 2011, 05:27 PM
Me vs JFtheBestJan?

Guess we finally get to settle the fight we had going on in Oryx's trophy thread.

novide
28th August 2011, 08:50 PM
races on youtube:

novide vs. JFthebestJan 3:4 (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL443D1E63A8165590)

zero3growlithe
28th August 2011, 09:19 PM
Nooooooooooo, not cockpit view again :dizzy
btw. I think that in cockpit view venom seems to be faster...

P_Denton
28th August 2011, 11:31 PM
Agreed, venom internal puts phantom external to shame. Kudos for playing in internal, I tried it a couple of times, makes me dizzy. And internal in eliminator is just wow, I'd be too unnerved not to see my back.
Nice vids :) I loved TDR, you could really feel the tension at the end :lol

novide
29th August 2011, 05:01 AM
lol zero3growlithe.. i would also like to watch the races with external view.. maybe one day we will get a cinema-mode..

thx P_Denton

Colonel
31st August 2011, 03:53 PM
Sadly I've been unable to get TakatsukiYayoi (a.k.a XR_GTR) to change his mind, so once again we're (at least) one player down.

I know we've got a few new members on here (SoA_Booney, Azurooth etc.), if any of you would like to step in and play Weed_Junky2, just give me a shout.

Cheers,

Adam.

s0mmieUK
1st September 2011, 08:27 PM
Me and Andybob35 had our races tonight. I'll update this post with the details of what races we had a bit later.

Result: Andybob35 won them all. Complete whitewash.

Have to say though, much respect to Andybob35. He was an excellent sport throughout, and even took some time out to offer me some pointers after the races were finished. Great sportsmanship, and very much appreciated.

I lost every race, but enjoyed every minute of it. :)

Best of luck to him in the next round!

Colonel
1st September 2011, 08:52 PM
Unlucky S0mmie, glad to hear you enjoyed your match though, and equally glad to hear that an old pro like Andy took the time to give you some tips.

First post and Challonge board updated. Gonna start gently prodding people to play their 1st round matches over the next week or so.

Olivario
2nd September 2011, 02:35 PM
Colonel, I have replied to you in my profile's page since i dont know how to post messages in other people's profile. I'm in :rock

Colonel
2nd September 2011, 03:36 PM
Good man, you'll be playing Weed_Junky2. Feel free to contact him via PSN and arrange your match. All the rules are on the first page of this thread.

Oh and to reply to a visitor message just click the "view conversation" link beneath the message.

Thanks for taking part, and good luck :)

Colonel
3rd September 2011, 12:14 PM
Videos of my Round 1 match against Denton:

Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_g0dTylUDw)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnvyN7y9AO0)
Channel Page (http://www.youtube.com/user/GaddafiColonel)

Just bear in mind when watching the Chenghou Reverse Enduro that it was the first race and I was extremely nervous :paperbag. I'm not bloody watching it, put it that way :lol

Ragsus Maxima
5th September 2011, 11:42 AM
Great races from both of you guys.
I was nervous too when I began the 1st round against Chal; s**t happens. :g

The endurance races are tough anyway, Colonel; you did well after all.

Rennfisch
5th September 2011, 02:21 PM
fdmstryct and me were racing yesterday. Here are the results:

fdmstryct's choices:
SR: Tech de Ra (reverse) - Phantom - weps on
Elim: Ubermall (forward) - Rapier - 200
Zone: Syncopia - 55 target

Rennfisch's choises:
SR: Talons Junction (forward) - Rapier - weps off
Elim: Metropia (forward) - Venom - 200 target
Zone: Corridon 12 - 15 target

just for fun:
Elim: Anulpha pass (reverse) - Venom

fdmstryct 7 : 0 Rennfisch

It was very funny anyway :). Good luck to fdmstryct for the next competitions!

Colonel
5th September 2011, 02:30 PM
Sounds like you had it pretty tough there Renn, unlucky. Congratulations to fdmstryct, who goes on to face zero3growlithe in the second round.

Just a handful of matches to be played in Round 1 now. I'm going to open Round 2 this weekend, once I've drawn the standard event. In line with the rules it will be drawn at random, but will not be an Eliminator, or Venom.

Colonel
8th September 2011, 11:03 PM
Round 2 is now open, so anybody who knows their opponent for Round 2 is free to arrange their match.

I've just drawn the "standard event" for Round 2:

Zone Battle @ Tech De Ra (fwd), Target 35.

Please note that this makes Tech De Ra (fwd) unavailable as a choice for Round 2.

Good luck everybody :)

Challenger #001
11th September 2011, 04:59 PM
Gadaffi, slight issue on my end.

I got in contact with JF a while ago and gave him my choices, and asked for his. He said he'd have them soon and agree to play tonight.

But I got a message from him yesterday. Apparently his father was involved in a motorbike crash and he really doesn't want to think about WipEOut right now. Can we postpone our match for at the very least two weeks?

Annoying Git
11th September 2011, 07:29 PM
Just finished my match with HaraKiriLisbon.

Annoying_Git 4-1 HaraKiriLisbon.

My Choices.

Single Race Metropia Reverse Rapier = Annoying_Git
Eliminator Ubermall Flash = HaraKiriLisbon
Syncopia 55 Target = Annoying_Git

HaraKiriLisbon Choices.

Single Race Anulpha Pass Flash = Annoying_Git
Eliminator Vineta K Rapier = Annoying_Git
Ubermall (?) Target = N/A

HaraKiriLisbon had enough after the 5th event so we left it at that.
I was outplayed on the 1st eliminator and i got a few lucky quakes on the
2nd one.
Thanks HaraKiriLisbon for a great match!

Tiduch
11th September 2011, 09:49 PM
Tiduch vs UB3R_BR3NDAGE

Tiduch's tracks:

- Single race, phantom, weap off, 20lap, chenghou FWD Tiduch
- Eliminator, rapier, talon REV Tiduch
- Zone Battle, 55z, moa REV Tiduch

UB3R_BR3NDAGE's tracks:

- Single race, phantom, weap on, 5lap, moa FWD UB3R_BR3NDAGE
- Eliminator, rapier, metropia FWD Tiduch
- Zone Battle, 30z, Syncopia Tiduch

Tiduch 5:1 UB3R_BR3NDAGE

Thanks for races :)

Colonel
12th September 2011, 11:06 AM
But I got a message from him yesterday. Apparently his father was involved in a motorbike crash and he really doesn't want to think about WipEOut right now. Can we postpone our match for at the very least two weeks?

Jesus, that's terrible. Sod Wipeout, he's got much more important things to worry about. You two can have all the time you need, I hope Jan's okay.

Unfortunately it looks like ion_harvest won't be playing, he's not really been contactable. So I'll have one last crack at convincing andyf53 to do me a favour and stand in. Otherwise we may just have to put matplayer1 through to Round 2.

Oh and congrats to Annoying_Git and Tiduch for your recent victories.

trackripper
13th September 2011, 08:31 PM
I may be able to play matplayer1 as a sub if absolutely necessary and as a last resort, however I don't know whether that would work in terms of fairness and the tourney etc etc. Also, I have a very narrow window when I can play...

Colonel
13th September 2011, 09:53 PM
Honestly it's fine dude, I'm sure Mat won't mind. Send him a message and see what he says, hopefully you'll be able to sort something out. Failing that I'll try Andy. Cheers man.

trackripper
14th September 2011, 07:23 PM
Is matplayer1 registered here? It would be best if I could PM him through here rather than the PSN network, it's rather difficult for me to be on nowadays and could take longer to organize.

Colonel
14th September 2011, 07:57 PM
He's not I'm afraid. I have spoken to him online tonight though and he said he'd send you a PSN message

trackripper
14th September 2011, 08:24 PM
And when's the deadline for the match to be played?
I can only go on my PS3 to check for messages and play for an hour, early Sunday mornings. Otherwise there's no way I can even go check PSN... Colonel, can you do me a favour and act as a go-between?

Colonel
14th September 2011, 10:02 PM
Yeah of course, I'll have a word with Mat tomorrow. And don't worry about any deadline, it's all good.

trackripper
15th September 2011, 07:05 PM
Tell him that until further notice, I'm only available reliably Sundays 1100-1230 GMT in the morning :/ Depending on time zones etc etc, this may not work.

trackripper
18th September 2011, 11:23 AM
...I've just added him and had a look at his times... I don't stand a chance in hell of beating him :P

Nothing from him though in messages. :/

trackripper
19th September 2011, 05:21 PM
Ziz528 (trackripper) vs matplayer1

Ziz528 (trackripper)'s choices:
Single Race, Rapier, Weapons On, Sebenco Climb FWD - matplayer1
Eliminator, Rapier, Moa Therma FWD, Target 280 - matplayer1
Single Race, Rapier, Weapons On, Modesto Heights - matplayer 1

matplayer1's choices:
Zone Battle, Tech de Ra REV, Target 50 - matplayer1
Single Race, Phantom, Weapons On, Sol 2 REV - matplayer1
Single Race, Phantom, Weapons On, Chenghou Project REV - matplayer1

Yes I got hammered. :P
Some very close races though, the first Sebenco Climb was down to the wire, and I've never seen nor played a closer Eliminator... Well at least for the first 100 points... :P

Congrats matplayer1, a worthy winner, could not touch you on some tracks, thanks for the races :)

Colonel
19th September 2011, 06:29 PM
Thanks for this trackripper, and sorry I wasn't much help in getting the two of you together, I've had a lot on recently. No shame in losing to Mat anyway, he's a very good player indeed.

First post and Challonge board updated :)

trackripper
19th September 2011, 06:31 PM
No worries, I had a fair bit of free time today and he just popped online, so we raced :P I want to see this tourney continue, it's interesting :P Maybe next time a double elimination/knockout system?

Tiduch
19th September 2011, 07:01 PM
Each player chooses 3 events for each round - 1 Eliminator, 1 Zone Battle and 1 Single Race

The speed classes of your Eliminator and Single Race must differ i.e. no "Venom Single Race + Venom Eliminator"

Why I see 4x single race, 3x rapier and 2x phantom?

I know that they agreed their choices but this is for me little stupid...
Rules are rules, this is all-rounder tournament.

Colonel
19th September 2011, 07:05 PM
Oh bollocks, I didn't even notice to be honest. You're absolutely right Tiduch. I'm going to have to remove this result as it's way outside the parameters of the competition. Sorry trackripper and Mat, until you guys can re-play your match according to the rules on Page 1, this result is void :(

FirstDave
19th September 2011, 07:07 PM
Trackripper.I,m gonna get some of what you got i think.after seeing my next opponents stats,DeePee11 rank=100 and has completed wipeout hd :blarg i,m rank 36 and 35% completed.So i know whats coming but if i could even win one event against such a high status player then that would be rewarding for me at my level.We will see this weekend.Can,t wait :|

Dave.

trackripper
19th September 2011, 07:44 PM
:O

Ok, I forgot. So did Mat actually...

Erm. Well this is awkward. I'll find some other time to play him again maybe.

Colonel
19th September 2011, 09:21 PM
Trackripper.I,m gonna get some of what you got i think.after seeing my next opponents stats,DeePee11 rank=100 and has completed wipeout hd :blarg i,m rank 36 and 35% completed.
Dave.

Well you thought you were going to get smashed in the first round too ;)

trackripper
19th September 2011, 09:38 PM
Colonel, can you get Mat to register here? It would be so much easier organizing times and such...

Colonel
19th September 2011, 09:45 PM
I'll try dude.

Flint Fandango
20th September 2011, 10:46 AM
Well you thought you were going to get smashed in the first round too

FirstDave - the master of understatement...:g

Good luck, mate!

trackripper
26th September 2011, 09:26 PM
Well, matplayer1 is proving elusive. Almost had my match with him again the other day, except he had to go :/

Actually its not so much him being elusive as it is me being elusive...

Olivario
26th September 2011, 09:44 PM
I sent another message to Weed_Junky2 two days ago...and no response again :rolleyes:

trackripper
26th September 2011, 09:47 PM
He is online quite often though, Weed_Junky2.
I've seen him a lot on Venom and Flash class races, although I think he can more than hold his own on faster speed classes too.

Colonel
26th September 2011, 09:54 PM
Oli if you don't hear from Weed_Junky by the end of the month you can through to Round 2. I know you've tried, as have I, to get a response out of him, but to no avail. If he can't be arsed then fine.

Olivario
26th September 2011, 10:07 PM
It's a shame because I have played with him from time to time and I know he is very good, always interesting races. I would have loved to play these matches.

Colonel
30th September 2011, 05:14 PM
Quick update regarding the unplayed Round 1 matches...

Ace3cube said he will contact harrythelandlord ASAP to play their match.

Ziz528 - I spoke to matplayer1. He doesn't recall having his all-rounder match with you, only a few friendly games (hence the lack of elims etc). I think you got the wrong end of the stick there mate. I've asked him to join here as you're not on PSN much.

Olivario - Weed_Junky2 apologised for not having played your match, he said he's been very busy. He still wants to go ahead so I'll leave it up to the two of you to sort it out. I know it's frustrating when somebody seems unresponsive but I think it's worth bearing with WJ, he's a good guy. His PSN ID possibly belies a forgetful, easily distracted personality :lol

As for kingjuno23 Vs kambey, I've told juno he goes through in a week's time if kambey hasn't played him. kambey has been unresponsive to the both of us sadly.

I hope the remaining players are still up for this. I've been very lazy in getting things pulled together and for that I apologise. I'll make more of an effort from now on. I'd dearly like to see somebody crowned "All-Rounder" champion as I think it's quite something.

All the best,

Adam :)

trackripper
30th September 2011, 05:32 PM
>.<
Ok, so I definitely remember saying to him this was our all-rounder match, and asked him his choices... but hey. I would have lost to him anyway, so 2nd chance...

Not that anything's gonna change... :P

Olivario
30th September 2011, 05:59 PM
Olivario - Weed_Junky2 apologised for not having played your match, he said he's been very busy. He still wants to go ahead so I'll leave it up to the two of you to sort it out. I know it's frustrating when somebody seems unresponsive but I think it's worth bearing with WJ, he's a good guy. His PSN ID possibly belies a forgetful, easily distracted personality :lol

No problem then, I'll talk to him. Although I have to say I expected "something" from him, at least he could have sent a message to me.

Colonel
30th September 2011, 06:23 PM
I totally agree Oli, manners cost nothing :|

Olivario
1st October 2011, 12:17 PM
Well, Weed_Junky and me finally played our match a while ago. However he didn't want to keep on playing after the initial 3-0 for me; I tried to convince him to play his choices but he didn't want unfortunately.

These were my choices' results:

- Single Race: Modesto Reverse, Rapier, Weps Off, Six Laps
. Me - 2.25.xx
. Him - 2.35.xx

- Zone Battle: Sebenco Reverse, Target 55
. Me - 55.1
. Him - 19.8

- Eliminator: Metropia, Phantom, Target 200
. Me - 202
. Him - 64

Colonel
1st October 2011, 01:09 PM
Well that's a bit grumpy of him. Never mind, congrats on an easy victory Oli. You'll face the winner of morfeo378 and necrobiosisTX in Round 2.

P_Denton
2nd October 2011, 07:53 PM
Annoying_Git and I played our round 2 match yesterday, which I ended up winning 5-1. The races were fairly close, despite the insane amount of boosts I got (the sole races of the evening I got a bunch of them ^^) and great elims. Nice to race and chat with you, see you around :)

trackripper
2nd October 2011, 09:26 PM
Colonel, any news on matplayer1?

I can't check PSN, I'm so busy at the moment :(

Colonel
4th October 2011, 01:38 PM
I spoke to Mat the other day and asked him if he could sign up here, he seemed up for it, but I've not spoken to him since. He is up for playing though, and he's not being difficult, so bear with him. I'm sure you guys will get to play soon.

In other news...

*CALLING MORFEO378!* :brickwall. Come on dude, necrobiosisTX and I have been trying to contact you for ages. If you don't at least make an effort to play your match I will be forced to send necro through to Round 2.

Oh and congrats to Denton for another 5-1 demolition job... this time on Annoying_Git, a very good player indeed :)

trackripper
5th October 2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah I know, it's just a matter of being lucky enough to be online when he is... oh well. We'll get that played eventually.

LJtheZombie
6th October 2011, 06:51 PM
Erm, on the off chance that you're still in the market for substitutes, I'll make myself available if there's a race that needs racing.

Colonel
6th October 2011, 09:07 PM
Definitely. Send kingjuno23 a PSN message and tell him you're filling in for kambey. Read the rules on Page 1 and you're good to go.

Nice one LJ :)

LJtheZombie
6th October 2011, 09:21 PM
Cool. I sent him a notification, just need to wait for a response.

Colonel
7th October 2011, 09:53 AM
Quick update - necrobiosisTX advances to Round 2. So oliver_fighter7 and necrobiosisTX, you are free to arrange your Round 2 match. Please check Page 1 for the rules and "standard event".

Thanks.

LJtheZombie
14th October 2011, 11:26 AM
He said he'd be fine with the change, so I sent him my event choices, and I've not heard from him again. That was this time last week. I did see him once when he joined a lobby that I was in, but still didn't get any response. Suggestions?

Colonel
15th October 2011, 12:27 PM
Hmm, that's unusual,juno's definitely up for it. I'll give him a shout on PSN later and see what's up. Bare with me LJ, we'll sort it out :)

Challenger #001
20th October 2011, 09:22 PM
I'm pulling out of the challenge. I physically can't play WipEout any more. Ragsus is more online than me anyway, more deserving of a place. Otherwise, let JF go on.

Colonel
20th October 2011, 09:43 PM
That's a shame Chal. If Ragsus wants to play Jan in the second Round and Jan is okay with that, then go for it guys. Otherwise Jan advances to Round 3.

Challenger #001
20th October 2011, 09:58 PM
I'm sorry to have to pull out, and i know it's pretty much a textbook whiner's excuse but I really genuinely can't play with the stick any more and I'm not good enough with the D-pad at Phantom class. I'd rather JF had fun trying to get past a slippery Ragsus than have it all over in four rounds against me.

Best of luck both of you, if Ragsus does want to play JF

Colonel
20th October 2011, 10:24 PM
No worries mate, as I say it's a shame though. Mind you the whole tournament's grinding to a halt to be honest :|

Ragsus Maxima
20th October 2011, 11:26 PM
This is kinda unexpected, especially when I've read Chal will pull out.
Honestly, I don't know how to react to this situation (kinda silly excuse) but if you're all fine to let me play the 2nd round, then I wouldn't mind at all.

I mean, I don't have any problems to play with JF so he can race with someone, but I have the feeling I'm playing for free even in a friendly tourney. :P

I consider Chal way faster than me and many racers even he states he can't bear playing with his stick anymore; a shame you're planning to quit Wipeout, but that's your decision and no one must force you to change it.

Colonel
21st October 2011, 12:26 AM
I'm sure Jan won't mind Ragsus, go for it... and best of luck, Jan's a beast ;)

UB3R~JKP
21st October 2011, 10:40 AM
I hate when people sign up for a tournament and don't finish it or delay it massively! I done my match between me and Tiduch within 5 days of the round starting, why can't others do the same? I know there's other commitments but 30 mins of your time is hard to find?

Not aimed at anyone in particular, just a generalization. C_G went to a lot of hassle organizing this.

God.

Challenger #001
21st October 2011, 01:26 PM
Not sure if I'm completely quitting WipEout, Ragsus, but if I am going back to it, I literally have to re-teach myself from scratch. Using the D-pad, using L2/R2... I'm going to have to start from Venom again. I really don't want to keep JF waiting more than he already has (I've had exam re-takes, trying to find a new house this past month, so my time with the PS3 has been limited severely), and now with this cramp... I'd rather he had some opposition. And you would totally have owned me in the eliminators had I not got lucky at Talon's, Ragsus. Don't be hard on yourself.

Ragsus Maxima
21st October 2011, 08:24 PM
Then all I can say is recover yourself as best as possible and don't force yourself; take all the time you need until you feel ready to get in again.

I'll contact with JF and have our match as soon as possible.

trackripper
21st October 2011, 09:48 PM
Colonel, I've heard absolutely nothing from matplayer1 anywhere. Nothing on PSN, nothing on here where he said he'd join?

I think we're both hoping that we'll bump into each other randomly online, but since I can rarely play, that won't work...

Olivario
23rd October 2011, 05:07 PM
necrobiosisTX and I played our 2nd round match today. These were the results:

My choices:

- Single Race, Metropia Reverse, Flash, Weapons off, 5 laps - Olivario wins

- Zone Battle, Sebenco Reverse, target 55 - Olivario wins

- Eliminator, Metropia, Rapier - necrobiosis wins

necrobiosis' choices:

- Zone Battle, Chenghou Reverse, target 55 - Olivario wins

- Single Race, Tech De Ra, Rapier, Weapons off, 5 laps - Olivario wins

- Eliminator, Moa Therma, Phantom - Olivario wins

Overall: Olivario 5 - 1 necrobiosisTX

necrobiosis is a very nice guy, I had fun playing with him, specially the eliminators. Race you soon ;)

Tiduch
23rd October 2011, 08:49 PM
Then, my next opponent is JF?

Colonel
23rd October 2011, 09:57 PM
Not yet Tiduch, Ragsus_Maxima is playing Jan in Round 2, you'll play the winner.

Congrats Oliviaro.

Ragsus Maxima
30th October 2011, 08:29 PM
We already ended our match and these are the results.

JFthebestJan's choices
• Single race >> Vineta K [R] / Rapier >> JFthebestJan
• Eliminator >> Metropia [R] / Flash / 200 points >> JFthebestJan
• Zone Battle >> Mallavol / - - - / 55 zones >> JFthebestJan

Ragsus' choices
• Single race >> Ubermall / Rapier >> Ragsus_Maxima
• Eliminator >> Sebenco Climb / Flash / 200 points >> JFthebestJan
• Zone Battle >> Modesto Heights / - - - / 45 zones >> JFthebestJan

Standard event
• Zone Battle >> Tech de Ra / - - - / 35 zones >> Not played

Final results
JFthebestJan >> 5
Ragsus_Maxima >> 1

Best of luck for Jan for the following matches. ^^ Glad to play these games with you.

JFthebestJan
30th October 2011, 08:38 PM
round 2 report:

Ragsus_Maxima (host1) vs JF (host2)

(1)
SR: ubermall fwd rapier 4laps wep on - Ragsus
E200: sebenco fwd flash - JF
ZB45: modesto fwd - JF

(2)
SR: vineta rev rapier 4laps wep on - JF
E200: metropia rev - JF (after restart. i had a freeze during 1st try)
ZB55: mallavol - JF

thx for the very nice matches Ragsus.

Ragsus Maxima
30th October 2011, 08:46 PM
You're welcome. :) And you posted the results too. :lol

Colonel
31st October 2011, 09:53 AM
Okay so Jan goes on to face Tiduch in Round 3.

And I've progressed Andybob to Round 3 too, since it seeems the match between Ace and harry will never take place. So Denton you're free to arrange your Round 3 match with Andybob.

Matplayer1's result against Ziz528 stands because they won't be able to arrange another. So we're just waiting for LJ and Juno to play, so the winner can face matplayer1 in round 2.

Colonel
1st November 2011, 12:54 PM
Oh and I've just drawn the "standard event" for Round 3.

Single Race @ Metropia (fwd) - Phantom - Weapons OFF

Please note that this makes Metropia (fwd) UNAVAILABLE for your Round 3 choices

P_Denton
20th November 2011, 10:48 AM
We played our match with Andybob last night so here are the results :
My choices :
-SC rev flash weps on Andy wins
-Amphi fwd phantom elim I win
-V K rev @55 I win
His choices :
-CP rev rapier weps on I win
-Moa rev @55 I win
-TDR (?) rev (?) phantom elim Andy wins

So great match, fairly even. A bit of turbo abuse on both sides during the races, so I'd say it was fair :P If you're reading me, thanks again for the races andy :)

LJtheZombie
22nd November 2011, 05:56 PM
Hey, I sent matplayer1 a message about our matchup a bit more than a week ago, to which he said he'd respond in 'a few days'. I've yet to hear back from him, so I'll send him a reminder in a couple of days if I don't get a response by then.

Colonel
22nd November 2011, 06:52 PM
Cheers LJ, you may yet get a match in this tournament!

And well done Denton, you'll be facing the winner of Jan and Tiduch in the semi-final. Board updated.

LJtheZombie
3rd December 2011, 11:56 AM
Results for mine and matplayer1's round 2 match:

Sol 2 Phantom Race: matplayer1
Tech de Ra Reverse Phantom Eliminator: matplayer1
Metropia Zone Battle: LJtheZombie

Sol 2 Reverse Phantom Race: matplayer1
Anulpha Pass Eliminator: LJtheZombie
Mallavol Zone Battle: LJtheZombie

Tech de Ra Zone Battle: matplayer1

Overall:
matplayer1: 4
LJtheZombie: 3

Great stuff. I messed up pretty badly on the first race (Sol 2 rev) by picking the wrong track and pausing when I reaslised, but fair's fair, ha ha. Good work, Mat.

Colonel
3rd December 2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks for playing LJ, and unlucky. That's only the second match of the tournament where the standard event has been needed. I thought it would be a close one, you're both very good all-rounders. So Mat goes on to face Oliver_fighter7 in the Quarter Finals. I've updated the Challonge Board (http://challonge.com/wohd_allrounders).

zero3growlithe
10th December 2011, 02:59 PM
Does anyone knows fdmstrict? Becouse I sent him friend request about week ago telling him that i'm racing with him All-Rounder and my tracks choices and I didn't got any answer. Now to worsen it my console just got YLoD yesterday and i can't play this race now...

fdmstryct
17th December 2011, 11:24 PM
I had to sell my console about 2-3 weeks ago. I'm sorry, zero3growlithe.

Colonel
1st January 2012, 11:27 AM
Just spoken to fdmstryct, he has a new PS3 now so can continue. If zero is still unable to play fdmstryct goes through to the quarter finals. Still waiting for FirstDave and DeePee11 to play their Round 2 match, get a move on guys please :|

Also waiting for JFThebestJan vs Tiduch and matplayer1 vs oliver_fighter7 quarter finals to be played. This is taking forever :brickwall

zero3growlithe
1st January 2012, 11:41 AM
I spent 80$ to get my PS3 repaired so I can play... someday :donut (saturday or sunday)

Colonel
1st January 2012, 12:22 PM
Fantastic, I'll let fdmstryct know. Cheers zero :)

Tiduch
1st January 2012, 12:32 PM
I contacted with JFTheBestJan few weeks ago and he want (if this is possible) to make split screen video (my video + JF video) but i completely dont know how to do it :frown: I contact with him today (i sent tracks few weeks ago but i still dont know what tracks he choose).

Olivario
2nd January 2012, 08:29 PM
I talked to matplayer a while ago. We will have our match the soonest as possible, probably this week.

Colonel
2nd January 2012, 09:00 PM
Fantastic, cheers guys :)

Olivario
17th January 2012, 09:56 PM
Finally, our match is scheduled for this Friday. I've been racing with mat today and I think they are gonna be a very exciting games.

Olivario
20th January 2012, 10:26 PM
So matplayer1 and I played our match this evening. These were the results.

My choices:
- Single race: Modesto reverse, Rapier, 5 laps, weapons off - I win
- Zone Battle: Sebenco reverse, target 55 - I win
- Eliminator: Moa Therma, Flash, target 200 - I win

Mat's choices:
- Single Race: Amphiseum, Flash, 4 laps, weapons off - I win
- Zone Battle: Talon's Junction, target 25 - I win
- Eliminator: Anulpha, Phantom target 200 - I win

Overall: 6-0

But, I'd like to say that this final result DOESN'T REPRESENTATE AT ALL what really happened and how exciting these games were.
For example, in the two single races there was a gap of less than a second between us (0.43 on Modesto and 0.64 on Amphiseum), on Talon's ZB mat finished with 24.9/25, and Moa's eliminator was close. So, things could have been very different.
Definitely they were fantastic games and I had a great time. Looking forward to play more often with Mat ;)

Colonel
21st January 2012, 12:21 PM
Congratulations Oli, you progress to the Semi-finals. It might be a while before you get to play it though, there's a Round 2 match AND a Quarter final to be played first.

I've updated the Challonge board, and the first post.

Colonel
5th April 2012, 06:45 PM
Well sadly this tournament ground to a halt some time ago. Many thanks to everybody who took part, I'd like to announce the remaining participants as joint winners:

P_Denton
Tiduch
JFthebestJan
matplayer1
FirstDave
Deepee11
fdmstryct
zero3growlithe

I've asked Rob to close the thread. Thanks again and well played everybody. Shame it didn't reach a proper conclusion but never mind eh?