PDA

View Full Version : WipeEout 2048 to PS3!

ZixXer
22nd June 2011, 11:12 AM
Hi

I have just seen a trailer:
http://www.gamer.nl/video/101867/ontdek-hoe-sociaal-de-ps-vita-is
were they show the ps vita and stuff. on 1:06 they show crossplay of games and you see first wipeout 2048 on a new 2048 track and then they switch to the ps3 on the same 2048 track! so that means if there not lying that we get a new ps3 wipeout JAY!

greenymac
22nd June 2011, 11:27 AM
I sure hope you're right!:+

Xpand
22nd June 2011, 11:46 AM
Praise the Lord!! Amen!

xifdo
22nd June 2011, 12:20 PM
I begin to pray, hope for good :rock:rock

blackwiggle
22nd June 2011, 01:42 PM
I really, really hope you are correct, but as much as I want to believe that commercial for the VITA showing the whole game is cross compatible, I think it could just as easily be a mistake made by the people that made the ad as it's a composite with inserted video.

I'll really believe it when I see either a E3 type video of the NEW tracks in 2048 running on a large screen [since VITA has no video out it would prove that the new tracks in the game would have to be running on a PS3] or read it on a PS blog or the like.

Slacker
22nd June 2011, 02:02 PM
I just pooped myself. That is awesome. :nod

abukii
22nd June 2011, 03:39 PM
@Blackwiggle-- The Vita, if Im not mistaken, has mini HDMI in/out.

Now, its news to me that the entire system is cross-platform. What Im thinking is that the developers would have to implement this feature, but the system is capable. Regardless, I do believe the Vita is a day 1 purchase for me...heres to hoping I have the monies:rock

greenymac
22nd June 2011, 03:59 PM
I'm hopeful, but I agree with Blackwigle. Until SL or Sony confirms it I will believe nothing as truth. I mean, they know the wipeout community is wondering if its a ps3 game as well, yet they havent said anything for sure..This leads me to believe that they hadnt planned it to be a ps3 launch and now they're considering it...Or they want the Vita to have this as an exclusive for a bit or maybe altogether...All I know is that if it was already planed as a ps3 game I think we would already know...Im hoping, but not getting my hopes up

Nutcase:259
22nd June 2011, 06:44 PM
this'd be really awsome, if they can make it cross compatible with the old tracks surely they can make it compatible with the new ones too? :rock :g

probably come out later though if it happened, so as to give you a reason to buy it on handheld :P

Colonel
22nd June 2011, 08:14 PM
That's what I thought Nut. They're not going to release a load of PS Vita games on PS3 too soon, people won't buy Vitas. Surely it will be ported at some point though, if sales are good.

amplificated
22nd June 2011, 09:23 PM
@Blackwiggle-- The Vita, if Im not mistaken, has mini HDMI in/out.

Sorry, while I think it would make sense for the Vita to have a mini-HDMI out as well, according to this article there is no video-out to speak of at all:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/09/sony-answers-more-playstation-vita-questions-no-to-video-output/

About this topic though, I don't think that the video can be taken at face value, but it would make sense that '2048 would be ported to the PS3 at some point. Probably not at the same time as the Vita release; but not too long after, surely it would be released as an expansion to HD...

blackwiggle
22nd June 2011, 11:44 PM
I suppose it's going to depend how Sony sell 2048, by that I mean are they only going to sell it preinstalled on one of those proprietary VITA memory chips and that you are going to have to buy that at a store?

If they do, I don't think 2048 will be the first choice for the vast majority of VITA purchasers, mainly because a lot will see it as just an expansion of the HD/FURY tracks that included within it, which is true.
Which makes me think that 2048 will somehow be one of a couple of games that will end up getting bundled with the VITA when it first goes on sale.
How they do that is another question.
Will they have several games preinstalled on one chip that will be put in the box with a VITA?
I think costs will want to be minimal for Sony, so they will make the bundled games available as redeemable codes from the PStore.

Which means you are either going to need a PC running Media GO! and download and transfer it via that, or download onto your PS3 and transfer.

Which also give it the best chance of coming to the PS3, as we all know there are a lot of games that can be played on both a PSP & PS3, there will probably be a VITA section added to the PStore.

My best guess is that 2048 will be free as a redeemable code for VITA purchasers, but if you just want it to play on your PS3 you will need to purchase an additional unlock key.
This will also give 2048 the max online install base at first release because they know all we Wipeout tragic's will get it day one.

But then again we are talking about Sony here, they are renown for screwing up Wipeout releases, so the logical course of action is usually that last one taken.

billychanxtr33m
22nd June 2011, 11:51 PM
i could have swore i read an article somewhere about how 2048 would run at 60 fps on the ps3 and 30 fps on the vita and how that would make the vita a hard sell for wipeout fans because the ps3 version would be an upgrade

blackwiggle
23rd June 2011, 12:51 AM
The only reason I can see for the VITA to run games at 30fps would be to prolong battery life, refreshing that 5" screen at 60fps would chew up the juice I suspect.

I wonder how long they stay charged enough to run a game for, I imagine a lot of people are going to end up needing to turn off a lot of built in services like Bluetooth and 3G like you do on a mobile phone so you can get decent usage between charges.
Sony have made the battery unable to be removed from the VITA, I suppose they don't want to risk people modifying it leading to another "Pandora's Battery" situation which opened the PSP up to Homebrew hacking.

Personally I don't trust equipment with built in batteries, I've seen other peoples experiences with iPod's made useless and costing a small fortune to fix because of them.

eLhabib
23rd June 2011, 11:44 AM
Never believe what you see in a montage.

Screature
23rd June 2011, 01:10 PM
Wipeout HD + Wipeout Fury + Wipeout 2048 = Wipeout Trinity ??
Trinity may not be the title of a future Wipeout game, but rather the website/title may be used as a new official site/name for the three latest generation Wipeouts?
Just a thought :g

Regarding the possibility of 2048 for PS3, we're not completely filled in on the details regarding crossplay. Will Vita users be able to use 2048 craft, while crossplaying with PS3 users racing with HD/Fury craft, or will PS3 users be able to use the new 2048 craft aswell? If the latter.... there's another nod towards 2048 for PS3

Temet
24th June 2011, 06:18 PM
http://blog.fr.playstation.com/2011/06/24/prise-en-main-des-jeux-playstation-vita-de-le3/

It says :

Wipeout 2048 était également de la partie avec plusieurs tracés. Le jeu prend donc place dans un futur proche, mais bien sûr avant le premier Wipeout sorti sur PlayStation et le fabuleux Wipeout 2097. Nous avons pu jouer sur deux circuits dont un en ville avec un mélange de tracé dans les rues et sur des structures métalliques, même la tête Ã* l’envers ! Plusieurs boost sont disséminés sur votre route, mais aussi des ralentisseurs qu’il faudra éviter. Le jeu sera même compatible avec votre PS3.

The big part is the last sentence, which most of you can't understand (but easily guess) :g
In Shakespeare language : "The game will be compatible with you PS3".

Not an official announce, but gives some more hope ;)

PS : thanks Kaori for the link ;)

Darkdrium777
24th June 2011, 09:05 PM
Trinity is old. Way old. It does not refer to anything 2048 related. Trinity is either WipEout HD Fury or an old PSP game that never saw the light of day after Pulse.

Compatible with the PS3 means of course the cross play feature and nothing more.

I am 99% certain that we won't see 2048 on PS3.
It's a system seller, designed around the unique PSV features. It can't exist on PS3 because the PS3 doesn't have the same feature set. It also can't exist on PS3 because then what would be the reason for getting a PSV?

Mad-Ice
24th June 2011, 09:16 PM
As far as I know 'Trinity' was the working title for Fusion back in the day. When the game progress was stopped, all work what was done was left behind and the team started from scratch and named it Fusion.

I think we will see 2048 on the PS3 but after a few months to get more players on both systems.

Darkdrium777
24th June 2011, 09:21 PM
Could be. As far as I know the information I have about Trinity is from Rob and from that visit at SL some of you made a long while ago. Whatever Trinity was at that time has since passed anyways so it's no longer relevant.

Maybe 2048 will be on PS3 one day, but it won't be at launch for sure. The possibility is there though as it is the same game engine and we all know it works just fine on PS3.

novide
25th June 2011, 08:39 AM
sony has secured the "wipeouttrinity.com" at november 2010.

from whois.net:

Administrative contact:
Admin, Domain (DA584523)
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited
25 Golden Square

Record created: 2010-11-21 02:48:58
Record last updated: 2010-11-21 02:48:58
Record expires: 2012-03-23 10:13:00

Sausehuhn
25th June 2011, 10:27 AM
Rob confirmed in another thread, that „Trinity“ was the working title of the WOHD Fury add-on.

Of course they could re-use the title, but I wouldn’t read into it too much.

G'Kyl
28th June 2011, 08:08 AM
More confusion that actually is not worth worrying about anymore: From what I recall from speaking to Tony, Trinity was something not quite yet mentioned in this thread.

Anyway, about 2048 on PS3: I'm pretty confident they simply used the "wrong" footage when they did the PSV-to-PS3 flip in the trailer. Also, I'm a pessimist when it comes to high expectations. :) Still seams a reasonable explanation to me.

Ben

DarkRacer95
1st July 2011, 12:51 PM
I think it will be on ps3. The only features that would be missing is the augmented reality unlocks and the touch screen and touch pad controls. For voice control, they could implement the headset and for front facing camera, they could use the EyeToy.

RJ O'Connell
2nd July 2011, 11:58 PM
Putting 2048 on PS3 is a guaranteed way to help PS Vitas collect dust on store shelves.

And highly unlikely to happen, sorry.

BulletWraith
5th July 2011, 12:23 AM
@RJ O'Connell

Exactly!

DarkRacer95
14th July 2011, 02:16 PM
When the PSP came out, alot of games came out on the PSP and the PS2 at the same time and many people bought the PSP anyway. The same may happen the PSV.

Xpand
14th July 2011, 02:32 PM
Putting 2048 on PS3 is a guaranteed way to help PS Vitas collect dust on store shelves.

And highly unlikely to happen, sorry.

I'm not, I repeat, NOT going to buy another portable console!!

RJ O'Connell
14th July 2011, 05:01 PM
Then don't, I repeat, DON'T buy a PSV. My point is that it would be a terrible business decision to port it over to PS3 without giving the game at least a year as a Vita exclusive, if at all.

Xpand
14th July 2011, 06:36 PM
Hey! You didn't have to go all Italic on me!! :g

kaori
15th July 2011, 04:27 PM
I'm not, I repeat, NOT going to buy another portable console!!

I prefer you don't buy a PS Vita because you don't want to buy another portable console, than you and lot of players don't buy a PS Vita because they can play the same games on their PS3 !!!

:D

stinkleroy
18th July 2011, 10:12 AM
I think this game will come to PS3 eventually, it would be pretty stupid of Sony not to do that IMO, however Sony are known for stupid decisions when it comes to Wipeout so it's anyones guess what they will do.

I agree that the game will most likely have exclusivity to the PSV for a time, but lets face it, hand helds are a niche market and they don't sell as well as consoles. I have never bought a handheld, and I certainly would'nt buy one just so I could play this game. But I would buy it on my PS3... Just saying ;)

MrSmadSmartAlex
18th July 2011, 10:53 AM
Dunno about handhelds being niche... the PSP has apparently outsold the PS3 by well over 17,000,000, despite pretty bad support from Sony. And the Vita will likely be more successful, as they've matched the competition's price this time, while keeping their large advantage in power. Now all they need is plenty of great exclusive games.

I do agree that it'd be wise to release this on PS3 eventually, though, after things with Vita have settled down. Some people just aren't going to buy a handheld, so there's no point losing sales by denying them certain games forever.

I'm going to wait to see how good 2048 looks. If it's good enough (and there are at least a few other games I want), I'll get a Vita, as I prefer handhelds anyway (convenience/laziness :D). If not, I might finally buy a PS3.

GalacticSpartan
18th July 2011, 03:13 PM
I don`t know if I want to buy a Vita. A PS3 I could buy, just to save money on getting the games.

DarkRacer95
21st July 2011, 10:29 PM
I know for a fact it wont be on ps3 when the psv launches. if i have to wait, i'll just wait. if it doesn't come out on ps3 at all, i'll save up and buy the psv.

Cyberio
27th July 2011, 01:31 PM
For that crossplay 2048 tracks game, i hope for a 2048 HD Expansion, a whole new expansion to WOHD which includes all of the 2048 tracks in HD. It's probably a good idea, and sure i would buy it.
We PS3 owners could have the 2048 tracks (with a new campaign maybe) and the crossplay with the portable console. If we want all the game content, then will have to buy Vita and 2048, but if we only want the tracks... I think is a great idea.

kaori
27th July 2011, 01:50 PM
I want spend 70€ for a new WipEout on PS3, not 9€99 for 10 tracks I would got 8 months ago on my PS Vita.

Please stop to claim 2048 on PS3, it's a regression !

JFthebestJan
27th July 2011, 06:52 PM
well, i WANT 2048 to be a DLC-addon for HD/FURY (make it 15$-20$)

and i WANT a new 'real' wipEout full retail blu-ray release with new tracks and modes (replay feature / utube upload) and weapons and all this kind of stuff

Koleax
28th July 2011, 01:00 AM
So this isn't even confirmed by Sony yet?

Perhaps the exclamation point in this thread's title should be changed to a question mark.

amplificated
28th July 2011, 01:27 AM
I agree, but I think the title is more of a way to incite excited discussion than is a factual statement.

YT uploads would be awesome to have in a WipEout; but it's the replays I'd really like to see available of at least the top times automatically; they'd only be a few kB's so you could really quickly see the top performances while still being in-game. Plus, if they're glitched times, they'd be easy to identify and flag for removal.

goddessloviatar
8th August 2011, 02:28 PM
Sony would be nuts if they don't do a ps3 version - I have no interest in handhelds, my commute involves 40 minutes each way shoved into someone's armpits so no chance to play then, and I'm not going to sit at home faffing about with a handheld when i have a ps3 and big HD telly sat opposite me...

kaori
8th August 2011, 03:19 PM
I have difficults to understand why there are many persons here who want to kill both PS Vita and WipEout serie !

WipEout 2048 on PS3 won't sell new PS3s, and worse, perhaps it will sell less PS Vitas.
Then why Sony will keep to support Studio Liverpool and WipEout if the games WipEout contribute nothing to their turnover ? So adieu WipEout.

If WipEout 2048 will be good, with good sales, Sony will maybe supply a new WipEout on PS3, blu-ray version, a real big WipEout.
If people only expect 2048 like an add-on for Fury, so Sony will do, without doubt, but for the future they don't look for better...

It has been four years since we have not had a new WipEout, please enjoy we'll have a new game and not a remix of the remix. Please enjoy the new PS Vita, at least don't detract it before its release, unless you prefer videogames on smartphones ???

WipEout 2048 on PS3, it's accept the mediocrity, refuse the progress, deny genesis of WipEout.

R3BU5ER
8th August 2011, 03:58 PM
I think you are overreacting here, do you really think a Wipeout release on ps3 will kill the sells of psvita? Like if the whole psvita thing is totally relying on Wipeout 2048, that would be sad. Okay, maybe a few die-hard fans will buy a vita solely for Wipeout, but I think the majority of vita buyers will buy it for the vita, his features and games, and not for Wipeout. So bring 2048 a few months later to the ps3, and all Wipeout fans will be happy!

leungbok
9th August 2011, 10:22 AM
I tend to agree with kaori's opinion. It's been years that sony didn't promote any wipeout episode. Pulse and wipeout HD/FURY were released almost in clandestinity. That added to SL redundancies, makes that i wondered if sony lost any interest in the serie. But with the vita it seems that wipeout can recover his status of "ambassador" of sony cee, being another time a launching game. And it's great news, really !! I hope big sells for wipeout 2048 and i'm convinced this title will have his part on the vita success. With uncharted golden abyss (maybe more than this one) it's THE hardcore gamer's title on the launch list. Maybe hardcore is not appropriated because we know that tracks will be wider etc. but i mean a REAL game with deep gameplay, not only a technical demo of the power of the handheld and his new features like reality fighters and little deviants.
But there's an obvious link between 2048 and HD, so a ps3 release is possible, but i hope it will happens when 2048 will already be a best seller on vita (if fortunately it happens).

Koleax
11th August 2011, 02:23 PM
I don't agree. For people who own both a Vita and a PS3, of course they're going to wish they could play the same game on both, so they can take it with them when they leave the house. Cloud saving so the same saved times, records, and trophies go with you on the Vita that you earned on the PS3. That's the future.

It looks like Vita could do that, especially with yesterday's PSN update that allows cloud saving. It would be a shame for Sony to ignore that. However, they have done more neglectful things to the Wipeout series.

kaori
11th August 2011, 05:35 PM
Don't agree about ?

WipEout HD will be playable on PS Vita.

I think the best will be a NEW WipEout PS3 next year with PS Vita cross gaming on 2048

Pez88
12th August 2011, 01:56 AM
Just a thought, would it be possible to sync lap times, trophies, etc. between the vita and ps3 via remote play?
Or maybe use remote play as a way to play Wipeout HD on the Vita instead of having it come with 2048. That way it could save space for more new content within 2048 itself instead of using space by having the HD content on it.

siriusglee
20th August 2011, 08:09 AM
I know I'm not normal, but when I go outside of my apartment, I have absolutely no interest in taking a computer along with me. The whole point of going out is to look at the other things. (Yes, I once threw someone's cellphone into the Hudson because they were talking too much on it -- though I did pay them back for it).

Maybe for me, the Vita Wipeout(s) will be like the time I abstained from buying a ps2 (due to starting a 'real career').

Once ps4 comes out, I'll be all like, phwoaaaar, how did we get here? Because the Vita will be be *inside* the ps4. You just push the eject icon.

Medusa
21st August 2011, 06:02 PM
Once ps4 comes out, I'll be all like, phwoaaaar, how did we get here? Because the Vita will be be *inside* the ps4. You just push the eject icon.
LOL! :clap

Oryx Crake
22nd August 2011, 01:05 AM
I would like it all to be a string of games that build on each other (in a bigger way than just as the series has so far) like 2048 does on HD, just so long as they get some of the kinks out. like in 3 years when a new ps3 wo might be out 2048 comes with it with cross play and all that

blackwiggle
22nd August 2011, 07:29 AM
I would think the PS4 will be out before 3 years.

I can't help thinking that the game we all love is being sort shifted by it constantly having any new content being relegated to a portable platform, basically just because historically that's the way things have gone since Sony bought SL.

Don't get me wrong, any NEW Wipeout is a good Wipeout, but Wipeout is only being used by Sony because it it is easy for them to do so, it's not being given the full respect it's fans think it deserves, and it hasn't in many years

For **** sake Sony, give us a new full console game.
You could do with the money, we know it, and we would be glad to give it to you, except you keep constantly reading the Wipeout market wrong and screwing everybody [SL making games for portable consoles IMHO I think few will buy] and the fans that are and have been begging for a new game for years!

Darkdrium777
22nd August 2011, 10:52 AM
Wasn't Pure a really strong launch for the PSP? Probably wasn't a Monster Hunter Portable kind of strong but still.

I think more people than you might think might be looking at 2048, especially with the promise of wider tracks. Plus there's the fact that they're using social media to promote it now o.O

Oryx Crake
22nd August 2011, 11:40 AM
I kinda have to agree with Dark on that I think the psp games have been good, they just havent gotten the marketing they've deserved, which so far has been true for 2048 too but I do also agree with BW that we should get a proper bloody console game too!

blackwiggle
22nd August 2011, 12:21 PM
If I ever won $20 million or above in some lotto or such, {dreaming I know].

I would approach Sony and offer to license Wipeout off them, and cover any costs to develop a NEW game for multi console.
Put a lot of what has been mentioned here and at Arena into the game.
Also take a few things out, or at least give the option to play without certain options.

The problem would be Trophy wise, I don't know how to address that.

MiguelSkywalker
11th September 2011, 09:51 AM
No Trophy, long ago achievements in a game granted access to in-game new unlockables and stuff, now you get a Trophy to show off...
If we're going back to the roots let's do it at all cost!:rock