PDA

View Full Version : FAQ about PSVITA!

Mad-Ice
20th June 2011, 06:04 PM
All questions you have about the PSVITA and all the things you know about this cool device, just post it here!

1) What I want to know is the release date and which region is first?

2) If you buy the 3G model, what would it cost to play online for let's say a 3 hours sessions. How many MB or GB would that be?

3) Do you think that we are able to put our mobile phone simcard in the PSVITA?

Thanks for answering, greetz Mad-Ice

blackwiggle
21st June 2011, 04:04 AM
The Vista isn't a phone, so no sim card.

See Sony answers VITA FAQ's.
http://www.qj.net/ps-vita/news/sony-releases-playstation-vita-faqs.html

Maybe you are getting it confused with the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play phone.
Here's answers to FAQ's about that.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?28265-Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-Play

Mad-Ice
21st June 2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks BW for the links!

I know VITA is not a mobile phone, but if you are going to play online outside in the park or in public transport you need 3G connectivity, so I thought you need a simcard to connect to your mobile network (3G)!?

I already read that AT&T is going to provide the USA of 3G network connectivity for the PSVITA. But I am in the Netherlands and just wondering what other possibilities are there to connect online with PSVITA, outside WiFi?

Greetz Mad-Ice

Temet
5th December 2011, 03:39 PM
Q) How many PSN accounts can be created on a PSVita?
A) Only one of course! Why would you like your kids to share 1 PSVita when they all could have theirs?
(but I'm sure a lot of people will say it's undoubtedly a very good idea!)

PS : 1 is enough for me ... just I'm not selfish ;)

mdhay
5th December 2011, 03:48 PM
... But I am in the Netherlands and just wondering what other possibilities are there to connect online with PSVITA, outside WiFi?...

Vodaphone is handling the 3G in Europe. [source] (http://nz.playstation.com/psvita/news/articles/detail/item435564/Vodafone-to-be-PS-Vita-3G-Provider/)

Darkdrium777
5th December 2011, 04:23 PM
I don't think they will allow multiplayer gameplay over 3G. I don't have a link to verify that though.
As an example, the above only speaks of "social gaming" and "gaming applications."

kaori
5th December 2011, 04:39 PM
We could play multiplayer over 3G with some games like Everybody Golf. Maybe some titles will have this option. But of course it's a bad idea for the racing, fighting, FPS, action, platform...

Mad-Ice
15th December 2011, 10:31 AM
I bought my pre-order PSVITA kit for €30,- It's a down payment to ensure I get the PSVITA on day 1. Furthermore it had very nice Sony earphones in perfect blue to suit my blue PSP :)

Also a code to enter to compete for a Japanese PSVITA, hands on before new years eve!!!

I hope the PSVITA 3G bundle will go hands in hands with a special headset so we can chat through 3G connectivity!?

Anyway thanks mdhay, Vodafone is indeed the partner for 3G with Sony and Wipeout 2048 will be free if you buy the 3G version.

Greetz Mad-Ice

amplificated
20th December 2011, 05:31 AM
I've managed to have a bit of a play with the Vita in a few shops in Akihabara today, and IMO the placement of the X button is a real problem if you plan on using it a lot. As others have said, it's practically impossible to prevent your thumb colliding with the right joystick, which is rather uncomfortable.

I think a lot of people will be changing the thrust button to O and using X for absorb for '2048...

Also, 3G cannot be used for gaming, just as DD777 pointed out. It's for internet and "social" services - for example, crossing someone in the street that has 2048 as well will automatically let you see their times and gives you a challenge to beat them (I think that's how it works). And yes, you need a SIM card for 3G, obviously not WiFi. No calls can be made from the device, only data.

leungbok
20th December 2011, 08:30 AM
As others have said, it's practically impossible to prevent your thumb colliding with the right joystick, which is rather uncomfortable

Hmm, i don't know if it will be a real issue with wipeout despite the X button is truely very close to the right stick. When i play wipeout i always press the X button and my thumb only moves a little bit to press square or circle to use or absorb an item (without releasing the pressure on X). I didn't had any issue with it when i tried 2048 at PGW. I worried more for the d-pad, but here's too, it worked fine. I imagine it's better not to have too much fat fingers ! :P

amplificated
20th December 2011, 08:45 AM
Lol, I assure you my fingers are quite skinny ;p

F.E.I.S.A.R
20th December 2011, 09:04 AM
On 3G and Gaming:
I remember Rob saying that he could use his phone's net connection via tethering...the Fair Use clause would be a problem...to some.

Hellfire_WZ
20th December 2011, 09:43 AM
The X button could be a real issue in 2048. I had the same problem when playing it at Eurogamer, nudging the right stick sends you into rear view...

MetaKraken
20th December 2011, 02:11 PM
I wonder if PSP games would work for PSVITA?

Hellfire_WZ
20th December 2011, 02:31 PM
Only games off the PSN, there's no UMD compatibility

MetaKraken
20th December 2011, 03:25 PM
Oh. Eh well, even though PSVITA would be good, I'll just stick with my PSP and my PSP games. :P

Temet
20th December 2011, 07:48 PM
Well, that's if your fingers are small enough so that you can press only 1 button! :g
(it's not that much of a joke... try it and you will understand)

EDIT : oh sorry, I didn't see the posts after Leung's one!!!! (I missed page 2)

leungbok
21st December 2011, 10:01 AM
The X button could be a real issue in 2048. I had the same problem when playing it at Eurogamer, nudging the right stick sends you into rear view...
I agree the X button isn't ideally placed, but i don't remember having a pb with it at PGW, neither for Kaori, Huntergreg or Asa for what i know.

Temet
21st December 2011, 11:03 AM
For me, it's not a real problem.
When I bought the PSP, I couldn't play Wipeout with the usual controls, I had terrible pain in my right big finger.
I just switched the thrust to square button and the pain disappeared!!

I can switch again to triangle, after 1 hour it's OK.

My current main issue is the price, it's no more 250€ since you must buy a card.

I think I won't buy a Vita.
350€ to play a portable Wipeout is quite expensive. Apart Wipeout, I don't care about the console...

Hellfire_WZ
21st December 2011, 11:26 AM
Hmm, maybe I was just holding it like a twat ;)

G'Kyl
22nd December 2011, 01:41 PM

It even gets you into a 180 during combat mode, which I didn't like at all. Might just take some time getting used to - might be an annoying issue. But no matter what: I really hope they're going to add customizable controls.

Ben

AG-SYSTEMS
22nd December 2011, 07:11 PM
I'm going to say this now...

I don't like voice-activated weapons! It seems a little odd. Besides, I much prefer pressing a button or toggling a switch.;)

Then there's the chance it may set it off accidentally. Yes, I talk to the ship like it's alive sometimes.:g

Mu5
23rd December 2011, 07:49 PM
Heres my questions :+

1) Was Wipeout 2048 a launch title in Japan?

2) Some websites are stating it is currently available, although yes asia is saying the 19th Jan 2012? Is this a confirmed release date?

Cheers

amplificated
23rd December 2011, 11:54 PM
If it was, I assure you I would have posted videos by now and you would have heard raving about it. People with a vita already are waiting on Jan19th.

Mu5
24th December 2011, 08:53 AM
:D sweet mate cheers :+

....just making sure ;)

amplificated
4th January 2012, 11:30 AM
I got Pure from the PSN store tonight 'cause I wanted to play a little more on the Vita, and while I was thinking after a bit of Uncharted that reaching the X wasn't that big of a problem... playing WO it felt really off on my first go. Although I never played the original game, I really felt the right analogue stick was in the way.

Keep in mind it's still early days for me and the Vita (let alone portable WO), so I might be able to adjust, but at the moment it doesn't sit right with me.

Rapier Racer
10th January 2012, 12:08 PM
The version of Pure you can play on the Vita, I have heard it doesn't include any of the download packs, is that true?

amplificated
10th January 2012, 06:33 PM
I don't know what the packs are or what they do, but I believe it's just the bare game. It's a total ripoff, but whatever.

amplificated
16th January 2012, 10:33 PM
Just a little update regarding the packs: I downloaded them and from what I've played so far, everything works like a charm. If you download your old PSP games and have content not available from the PSN Store, you just put it into the folder you specify the Content Manager to use; and from the looks of things saves will work the same way.

Oh and the controls? I actually found a way to cope pretty quickly although it's not as comfortable for me as my natural position. Also, I don't know if it's Pure's gameplay or what, but I definitely don't have the kind of feel I do in this game as HD, and I'm hoping I'll be better at 2048 -_-

leungbok
16th January 2012, 11:13 PM
pure's handling is very different from HD, closer to old wipeouts handling, except for the lesser speed, 2048 is very close to HD ;)

amplificated
17th January 2012, 12:24 AM
That's good to hear :P

While I pretty much have gotten gold on my first try of everything so far (90 gold, 4 silver and those were when I was messing about...) it doesn't really seem like I'm good, especially considering the stat that I have made just 8 perfect laps in that time -_-

Rapier Racer
17th January 2012, 03:53 PM
The packs work, excellent because my old slim PSP has found a new home and I'd hate to think I couldn't race Gamma league again..:)

infoxicated
18th January 2012, 11:34 AM
pure's handling is very different from HD, closer to old wipeouts handling, except for the lesser speed, 2048 is very close to HD ;)
Colin and I had lots of heated discussion about the handling in Pure. I never really got on with it because the turning ramped up with the speed, so I never found that I could judge corners properly. When it came to Pulse and HD it had been changed so that the ships turned at the same rate regardless of the speed.

I remember going on messenger to moan to him for the 10th time about it during the development of Pulse and he said "Yes. This was changed ages ago. I'm balancing tracks now, leave me alone!" or words to that effect! :D

JABBERJAW
27th January 2012, 02:39 AM
Confirmed only one account! Crap, I had read if you had another mem card you could do it. What a waste of money.

lanceurdehache
27th January 2012, 04:42 AM
You can have multiple account on different memory card with only one PSVita... I have seen it. Where did you take this information ?

Mad-Ice
27th January 2012, 05:19 AM
Can you put the VITA into sleepmode and play immediately when turned on again?

amplificated
27th January 2012, 10:47 AM
Re: multiple accounts, I believe you have to do a factory reset of the system each time you want to swap account. Not sure if you need a different mem. card for each account either, but it's probable.

Re: sleep mode; yes, it's perfect other than the 3-4 seconds it takes for the system to turn back on again (which is hardly an issue).

JABBERJAW
27th January 2012, 11:10 AM
I have two mem cards, no dice on trying to log in differently. The factory reset would work, hopefully the same mem card though, otherwise you'd have to play through again

infoxicated
27th January 2012, 01:49 PM
I meant to look the other night at the PSVita Rooms event, but does it have any built in podcasting functionality like the PSP does?

That'd be a big decider on me getting one, although I'm not going to pre-order any longer because I can't get a 32Gb memory card without importing one.

Darkdrium777
27th January 2012, 03:40 PM
Isn't that just mp3 playback? Or am I missing something... Google doesn't give much results on explanations.

lanceurdehache
27th January 2012, 03:43 PM
I have two mem cards, no dice on trying to log in differently. The factory reset would work, hopefully the same mem card though, otherwise you'd have to play through again

http://youtu.be/0DWsKE6tStQ?hd=1

it explain how to do it here, but it is a PITA

Mad-Ice
11th February 2012, 09:33 AM
Does anybody know if there is an option to set 3G off? And if we are able to put in a foreign simcard if I go abroad?

For example: I will get a PSVITA with 3G, if I want to go to France, can I buy a French simcard and continue with the same profile?

kaori
11th February 2012, 01:50 PM
It will depend if we use the same "specifications" for SIM card, I think it's the case. In France PS Vita 3G can receive any SIM card, french or european, I don't see why it will be a problem.

And you should be able to turn off the 3G, like the "airplane mode" of your mobile phone.

It's just my thoughts, nothing official ;).

I've just find this PS Vita manual, maybe you can find what you want.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/index.html

EDIT : so yes, you can turn off 3G and use Wi-Fi : http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/psvita/settings/flight.html

Aeroracer
13th February 2012, 09:52 PM
is it worth getting a 3g ps vita..i wont be using it for browsing ..facebook..twitter as i have a smart phone for that..
is there justification to spend an extra £50 plus the monthly subscriptions

please advice

many thanks

Mad-Ice
15th February 2012, 09:36 AM
Well you can stay in touch with your friends all over the world in messages and voicechat. You can upload and download ghosts anywhere at anytime. You can use the feature NEAR and drop and pick-up presents for and from others. Also there is this very nice App called T@G which I will be using. There's even more and more will come.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Colonel
6th March 2012, 06:19 PM
Does anybody know the best way for me to start again with 2048? If the save file is corrupt as Rob suggests, do I delete all traces of the game and re-download it?

Sorry I know this is a Wipeout question but the same would apply whatever the game.

Thanks.