PDA

View Full Version : Any advice to Losing weight, fast?

MyNameIsBom
6th June 2011, 04:15 AM
deleted

BulletWraith
6th June 2011, 06:23 AM
I'm 28, tall and skinny
the way I keep my figure is by eating a tonne of chocolate and lots of carbs
high metabolism :rock

if you want to 'loose weight'
remove that from being the focus
it's *****ing stupid!
hopefully you want to be healthy
focus on becoming healthy as weight loss is a by product of being healthy

stop eating foods that clog up your system
and eat a small dinner, you can make lunch the big meal of the day
if you ever go to the gym don't focus on cardio, go to where the fit people are, like weights, capoeira classes etc
it's like you'll get to an enlightened state faster the more you hang out with a Master
some of the fit peoples resonance should rub off on you if you hang with them

focus on what you want to become
not what you are right now

oh and I'd add:
go Vegan
but I gained weight when I did that lol so I guess it's not something to recommend
it's good for your health though as far as I've experienced, I know digestion is allot faster and I don't know many over weight vegans
+ its really good for the environment, like really really really good

-zer:donutshen

MyNameIsBom
6th June 2011, 10:21 AM
deleted

R3BU5ER
6th June 2011, 01:41 PM
First of all, 67 kg's doesn't really shock me, but I don't know what your length is...

But I recommend a high protein low carb food pattern, and 1 hour exercise every day. Try to eat lots of vegetables, fish, red meat... Try to split this in about 5-6 meals a day... Get rid of most carbs, I'd say only with dinner eat potatoes/rice/pasta.

I've had the opposite problem until a few years ago. 68 kg/1.83 m.

I started eating 5-6 meals a day (every 3 hours) but with LOTS of carbs and proteins in every meal. And I went to the gym 3 times a week to throw with some iron, result after a year: 78 kg/ 1.83 m. Got a lot stronger, feeling more fit and having a healthy weight (gained a little belly with it but it's fine) Maybe not important for you, but just trying to say, if you go for it in a disciplined way, it's all possible. Plus you are very young still. Time to start! Being lazy is a lame excuse ;) good luck pal

MegaGeeza22
6th June 2011, 02:00 PM
My advice is... if you get hungry between meals dont snack just drink a load of water, you will not want to eat after downing 2 pints of water lol.
But im sure you will be fine! your still young... its just puppy fat lol

blackwiggle
7th June 2011, 03:28 AM
Depends what nationality you are as well.
I mean pacific Island people- Samoans, Togan's, to a lesser extent Maoris seem to be naturally heavier.

I once got up to 190lbs [86.3 Kg] years ago which is around 12kg over my ideal weight, and was smoking and drinking a lot and doing very little in the way of exercise.
I went on a 60 day Pritikin diet/ exercise plan, and the weight just fell off me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pritikin_Diet

Probably the fittest I've ever been, but it wasn't easy at first.

Another good diet/exercise plan that really does work is the original P90 program [Power 90- 3 month program], pretty easy for the out of shape to do.
http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/power90.do

Don't try the later ones like P90X if you are out of shape, they will most likely be too hard for you and you'll just give up.

DJ Techno
7th June 2011, 03:31 PM
Bullet you'll be on diabetes in another 8 years

Blackwiggle aka Samoan Joe bump p90 x n get on insanity

Mega he will want to still eat a bite of somethin even after two glasses or bottles of water
He can do snacks that are healthy in protein, minerals, n more

Almonds, walnuts, grapes, the banana

Not the kit kat bar, tootsie roll, n jelly donuts

Rb you did a weight lift plan

Kid, you really want to lose weight. It starts with you having commitment, drive, desire, n discipline to make the goals.

Both my Facebook n MySpace n myyearbook pages had journals of what I did n what I found to keep the battle on fat a win for not only myself but others who wanted the help n needed a hand with it.

You go out n do the research on your intake, research your foods u cook n don't cook.

And you say hello to cooking your meals n properly cutting out the fat in chicken, beef, pork n other animal meats.
Lamb, goat, rabbit, etc.

Start eating foods u might not like
If eat be eggplants or kiwi. Those are hugely full of vitamins n minerals that can fuel you better than the quarter pouder with cheese at McDonald's.

Medusa
7th June 2011, 03:41 PM
It's not healthy to lose too much weight too fast!
Make sure that you get plenty of exercise, actual workouts - not strolling around slowly but actual workouts.
Also cut out as much junk food (processed food) as you can. Switch to popcorn and fresh veggies for snack food. Eat less meat, more veggies.
Stay positive! Keep people around you who encourage you to be healthy if you can. Best wishes! Hard work will pay off

DJ Techno
7th June 2011, 03:43 PM
Like I have told my mother this n others

Popcorns not a full fiber diet

Medusa
7th June 2011, 03:45 PM
LOL DJ Techno..."for snack food"! If you can't live without snacking, popcorn (not microwave, but air-popped) has very few calories but will sate your hunger, as opposed to chips, tacos, chocolate bars...

DJ Techno
7th June 2011, 03:52 PM
Not enough for the body to burn n fuel right.

Where is air popcorn? You mean the popcorn already in a bag to eat or put on the stove.

Nah, starch product which he can have for in the morning or dinner. As he moves let the fat burn not get cushy with the starch.

Medusa
7th June 2011, 03:57 PM
I mean the popcorn that you put in a hot air popcorn maker. There's no butter or oil needed like stove popcorn. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popcorn_maker :D

Anyway, DJ Techno is right, if you're really serious about losing weight, cutting out the snacks altogether is best. You should get enough fuel from your meals. Listen to the man.

SaturnReturn
7th June 2011, 10:34 PM
I agree with a lot of the advice here. My metabolism has served me well. I'm far from fat, but I probably eat a few more biscuits than I should and I don't want to get to later life and realise my blood pressure is high because my arteries are clogged, or become diabetic or whatever. I also notice my weight jumping up sometimes (jumping because I don't wiegh myself for months at a time). So I often have to get into a groove of being a being a bit more sensible and paying more attention with what I eat and the exercise I do etc. When I do I realise it's usually one thing that I'm doing wrong, e.g. takeaway toasted chicken sandwich from EAT (so much fat in that sauce) or the innocent looking tiny little biscuits with as many calories as a kit-kat.

-Firstly, don't try and lose weight fast. I've heard that doesn't really work. It's almost as if the quicker you lose it, the quicker you'll put it back on when you let the healthy diet slip.

-Secondly, don't think too much about your weight. Concentrate more on your overall health. If you're doing exercise and losing fat but gaining muscle, then it's a good thing, but by just looking at weight it wouldn't be immediately obvious. (So be patient too)

-Thirdly, the water suggestion is great. Not just because you will fill your belly up with water, but because you're body/brain don't really give you very accurate information about whether you're hungry or thirsty. Often you actually need the water itself to keep hydrated, not just to avoid eating. I wouldn't say drink a load of water. Just have a glass when you feel hungry. If you're actually thirsty then you'll soon realise just by how refreshing the water is and you'll have another.

-Fourth - educate yourself about just how much crap is in certain food, and how much sugar is in things like fruit juices. They feel like a healthy drink but actually they're full of sugar. Even if it's natural sugars, it doesn't matter - it's still bad for your health if you have too much and not a great way to get vitamins really. Much better to eat the actual fruit to help fill you up and then drink a glass of water to quench your thirst.

Fifth - Whack on Feed Me's Big Adventure and dance around you're room like a prat. It's fun aerobic exercise, and ironic ("Feed Me", see what I mean?). (But no, I will never do this in front of anyone else :P)

-Sixth - Don't eat massive plates of food for dinner and stuff. Just eat sensible portions. Often, if you check the packaging for things like pasta, and then weigh out the right amount of food, then you can see how much less it is than what you may have eaten otherwise. (I used to load up on pasta 'til I could barely move sometimes, just because I really like it.)

-Seventh - Remember that having more of something doesn't make it taste better. Appreciate the taste of, say, a biscuit with a cup of tea. Later on, you can have another one. Do that and spread what would normally be one snack over the course of the day, rather than having half a pack of biscuits in one go and then looking for more later. (Again I'm often guilty of this until I kick my arse back into line).

There's a site I use whenever I realise I've started binging on chocolate and snacks (usually when I'm a bit down).
http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/

It helps me keep track of the food I eat. You set yourself a goal and then count your calories each day, both in terms of what you eat and the exercise you do. I wouldn't normally recommend calorie counting, but do it sensibly and don't get paranoid and it'll be fine. Set a sensible goal, e.g. to stay the same weight or lose half a pound a week. Half a pound is what I'm doing, in full knowledge that I won't actually lose anything, because my weight's not a problem, but it just encourages me when I see I've been sensible with snacks through the day and have done some good exercise (only recently has that started to happen). It helps build will power too. If you are properly overweight then of course you can set an actual weight loss goal, preferably with advice from your GP so that you make sure you do it at a healthy rate.

Track what you eat so that you realise how many hidden calories are in your diet. Keep a track of your exercise so you can see how effective it is. If you go over the daily allowance on calories then just do a bit more exercise over the course of the week. Don't binge on snacks or whatever and then almost kill yourself trying to burn off a load of calories in one go.

Overall, just educate yourself and be sensible and you'll eventually get to a point you're comfortable with.

swift killer
7th June 2011, 11:02 PM
Hey, don't use the treadmill straight away otherwise it takes its toll on your knees, start off on a cross trainer, to 10mins and then build yourself up till you can do 20mins non-stop. When you can do 20mins at a constant 75rpm on the cross trainer then you can move onto the treadmill, start off at 5.5mph for 20mins and then improve from there, also use the rowing machine for 20mins, aim to get yourself doing 4000m in 20mins at first.

Also to really burn of the fat, have a steady constant pace... or a recovery pace, the equivalent of a gentle jog and every 1 or 2 mins, (which ever you feel you can handle) have a 30 second burst of sprinting as hard as you can, do this for 20mins and it will also increase your stamina.

As well as this, NEVER be scared to ask the gym staff for help and ALWAYS stretch and warm up before you train and then cool down and stretch when you're done. Your warm up and cool down can be a 5min run on the cross trainer at 65rpm.

The exercise bike won't really help loosing upper body fat, so use the cross trainer, treadmill and rowing machine.

As for the junk food, we all can't help it, so allocate an evening or lunchtime once a week where you can satisfy this urge and most importantly STOP SNACKING, have three full meals in your day: breakfast, lunch, dinner.

Im guessing you're in high school so get into a sport you love, I wouldn't advice football because thats the most difficult, cricket and rugby would be fine, also you could try martial arts. I lost weight through playing cricket and doing martial arts.

Feel free to inbox me anytime if you need help.

SaturnReturn
8th June 2011, 12:05 AM
I don't believe many people will be able to stop snacking altogether. It's only really possible to do when you have a really hectic lifestyle and you just don't have any down time to think about it in the first place. But that kind of thing usually leads to not having enough time to eat properly at all, so isn't really great either.

But why should someone really stop snacking anyway? You can have fruit as a snack. You can have small amounts of things which won't add too many calories. One finger of a kit-kat is only 50 calories. One of those twice a day can be burnt off with 10 minutes of jogging, so if a person is getting plenty of exercise then it's not a huge deal to have a little snack here and there IMO. If you try and cut it out completely you'll just become one of those people who always turns others down when they offer a biscuit or some maltesers or whatever. Those people suck to be around.

The other thing is, I've heard that eating smaller amounts throughout the day is good too? Keeps the metabolism going or something? That would tend to 3 smaller meals and the odd snack in between. Even if that's a myth, I don't think there's anything wrong with it, just as long as people know about what they're eating and can be sensible about it.

blackwiggle
8th June 2011, 12:07 AM
I wouldn't go to a gym to be honest, sorry to sound jaded, but I know quite a few people who do or have worked in gyms.
Firstly gyms are a business, and they want yours, usually for their benefit, not to help you lose weight or get fit, that comes a distant second, if at all.

A lot of the time gyms will only have one or two properly accredited trainers working at any one time, the rest are untrained gym enthusiasts who work there, the majority are sales staff.
The problem is that even the accredited trainers can't give the needed attention to the gym members, so you are quickly shown a few exercises to do, and I hate to say it, but these people tend to not correct you if you aren't doing the exercises correctly, and then left to your own devices.

So not only are you not getting the benefit of working the muscle groups you should be if you were to do the exercises correctly, you are at risk of doing some nasty injuries to yourself.
Plus you are paying for this at the same time.

Have a look at this excellent website, it's got everything you need, written by professionals who really know what they are talking about.

http://www.exrx.net/Exercise.html

Apart from weight loss and strength building it has sections on injury recovery training and posture alignment, it's got every exercise you could possible imagine shown to you in Flash videos, you can select them by name, or go to the graphic of the human body, click on the part you want to know about, then the list of muscle groups will come up, select which you want and the exercises for that group will pop up.

DJ Techno
13th June 2011, 02:33 AM
go to a gym..

go to a gym that does or does not cost you money.

i said over a number a times about my church and the gym there. you should look for places even like thoses.

point and find a church with a gym, basketball court and weight equipment, treadmill, and free weights like my own. and you got yourself a spot five or six days a week.

and if u stuck on thinking, like some of my friends do when i tell them about my spot. NO you should not have to be a member of a church to use the gym. go inside and ask them about using it. period.

MegaGeeza22
13th June 2011, 04:39 AM
DJ Techno, your ideas are great for an adult who wants to lose weight and gain some muscle but for a young lad weight lifting is very bad because the bones are still growing and lifting weights will damage them because the increase in muscle will strangle the bones.
just eat healthily and play outside.
Cycling, skateboarding, getting chased by angry homeowners... whatever your into! thats how most kids keep there weight down.

MyNameIsBom
15th June 2011, 07:21 AM
deleted

BulletWraith
15th June 2011, 08:54 AM
dude that's a lot to loose in a week and from what I remember of your youtube video you don't look un healthy
but congrats anyway

for something simple you can do at home I do this http://www.youtube.com/user/charliejames1975
well sometimes I follow and sometimes I do what I feel like doing
I just find it easier/helpful to have someone else around to work out with
and I want my body in somewhat similar shape (not too much muscle/lean/fast)

there are many different exercises and you don't need any equipment for allot/most of them

and like Mega said
eat well and play, climbing is great for it

Churr
BulletWraith

ion harvest
15th June 2011, 10:05 AM
Eat what u like. Drink what u like. Just go for long walks for an hour a day. Swim twice a week and get yourself a skateboard.

Oh yeah - copoiera lol. Break A leg XD

DJ Techno
15th June 2011, 09:27 PM
DJ Techno, your ideas are great for an adult who wants to lose weight and gain some muscle but for a young lad weight lifting is very bad because the bones are still growing and lifting weights will damage them because the increase in muscle will strangle the bones.
just eat healthily and play outside.
Cycling, skateboarding, getting chased by angry homeowners... whatever your into! thats how most kids keep there weight down.

SHITTTTT

I lifted weights at the age of 11.

their was a gym, with weights, sauna, and pool when i was living in apartments.
then
back to sports, martial arts, walked alot of places like malls, school, arcades, card shops.

most kids dont do all that to keep the weight down. they actually eat less. and i call them

being the white anorexiates just like D.L. Hugley said off the Kings of Comedy.

"Daddy we got no food, we going Anorexia, and no we ain't going anorexiate, daddy lost if motha ****in job"

and not eating much keeps the weight down. but also keeps the body from nurisments and more growth development in areas you want to get right at.

BulletWraith
16th June 2011, 09:43 AM
eat well, drink a good amount of water feed your brain

MENGKESHI
16th June 2011, 02:27 PM
If you can't cut down on the food (I can't), then unfortunately it's gotta be the regular exercise :(

MyNameIsBom
18th June 2011, 03:52 AM
deleted

Rennfisch
18th June 2011, 07:40 AM
I just need to read some words in bold to have two kilos more on my hips. So I eat points by weight watchers and soon I will practicing Aikido again.

Thats the best way for me to get in shape again.

ion harvest
18th June 2011, 12:25 PM
Bom. Swimming is best.just go everyday.

Medusa
18th June 2011, 04:43 PM
I just need to read some words in bold to have two kilos more on my hips.

ROFL! I'll avoid use of bold text from now on if it'll help anybody out :D

DJ Techno
22nd June 2011, 03:38 PM
Bom. Swimming is best.just go everyday.

he will end up pruning his skin after the fourth week of nothing but being like aquaman swimming in the ocean.

skip on just doing swimming alone.

and also pick yourself up some rocky soundtrack albums from his last four movies.

for the next weeks indulge in inspiration music to lose weight. and trust me again. you can lift weights at the early age.