PDA

View Full Version : Curly animation

NeX
5th June 2011, 11:19 AM
Hi everyone,

this is my first post here, basically what happened was after the playstation 3 hack, i got an email from sony offering me free games to say sorry, one was the new wipeout game. i went oldskool and dug out the PS1 and wipeout 3 and started playing.

i really like the Curly animation, i was thinking of getting a sticker made up for the back of my car, but unfortunately there is practically nothing out there!

so i decided to rebuild the images myself in photoshop from scratch, and then animate them.

so attached is the animation i made. its as close to the original game as possible in both timing and design (except i noticed she winks with the wrong eye so i will have to fix that later)

but anyway, i thought that my efforts shouldn't go unnoticed and that other people should be able to do stuff with this animation considering i had no luck finding it, thats when i found this forum, and thats why i am here.

feedback is appreciated, if people like it enough then maybe i will do another in colour and with some kind of texture on it so it looks like its on a display.

thanks wipeout people!

EDIT: ok its turning my gif into a jpeg which defeats the point, i am going to change it and see if that works

NeX
5th June 2011, 11:34 AM
ok i managed to get it to upload but now its gone all glitchy, is there an admin that could upload the original?

Medusa
7th June 2011, 03:48 PM
Very nice!

NeX
7th June 2011, 07:13 PM
thanks! i hope someone can put it to good use, i was going to animate it on a small OLED screen and build it into some kind of project, but i haven't thought what yet