PDA

View Full Version : DiRT 3

WolfKill01
16th May 2011, 11:26 PM
Before I get to the point, allow me to tell a little story:P: I used to absolutely hate rally racing. I didn't understand what was so great about moving from point to point, usually by yourself, with no real opponet other than the clock. It was just a boring concept to me at the time. That is until I actually watched an old rally race from my dad's "historic VHS collection box". It was an old Group B rally race mostly focused on the old Lancia 037. I fell in love. The speed was intense and the driving was over the top. That is until about 4 years ago when rallying just fell off my radar and I became more concerned with my school. It was only till recently when a friend let me borrow his copy of DiRT 2 that the old flame was reignited. I've playing it for several days now and I still don't get tired of the rally/trailblazing events. Although I was a little dissappointed when the game didn't really provide the rallying experience I had hoped for (it had far too many different "arcadey" events). Low and behold my surprise when I heard a sequel was about to be released featuring more realistic physics, more cars, more tracks, more rallying, various weather and time of day settings, and, of course, Group B rally events. I had a nerdgasm right then and there:blarg.

So, my boring story aside, who else is pretty excited by this new rally racer? :)

WolfKill01
22nd May 2011, 09:45 PM
Comes out in just a few more days. I'm gonna have to go out and get some provisions. I'm gonna be busy these next couple of weeks :D

JABBERJAW
23rd May 2011, 01:15 AM
I like rally games, but just don't have the time to do them. Any spare time I usually play wipeout, since I only have so much of it. Other racing games I had played alot of in the past were waverace 64 and moto racer 1 (the only good one), this is of course just besides other futuristic racers, that end up on the rack collecting dust. If you get it and come to the tourney, I'd love to try it out.

WolfKill01
27th May 2011, 08:27 PM
I've been playing it for not even a week and I'm already blown away. The Tour mode is awesome, well organized, and diverse; there's alot more rally this time around; the physics engine is a major improvment over the last two; and gymkhana is almost worth the whole game itself :o. And I haven't even mentioned the online modes (which work seamlessly) and the awesome youtube upload feature. It raises the bar on what to expect in racing games. I will be completely shocked if this isn't the racing game of the year.

Temet
29th May 2011, 11:22 AM
I'll get it when it'll be cheaper.
Currently, Crysis 2 is on its way to my home :)

FirstDave
30th May 2011, 05:45 PM
I got this today and so far i am impressed but if i have one critisism it would be the fact that it will not let me play online until i have redeemed the code that came with it which i cannot do until ps store is back which sucks.You should be able to just go online like just about every other game.

Dave.:)

runingman111
1st June 2011, 03:42 PM
I've never have such fun since wipeout - not so long ago - i've no idea that gymkhana :eek is in the game i posted this

I've never seen it before ... watch here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp8F7kSYk-Q) ...
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/images/buttons/edit.gif (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=197941)

Now i can do it by myself, but of course only in the game :banzai