PDA

View Full Version : owners of the "press materials" disc

Thruster2097
17th February 2002, 09:38 PM
Just one question, does your disc work properly?
I can read all the text interviews, but all the .tif files will not open. My computer says that they are an invalid filetype. I am wondering if you can open these files, and if there is any goodies inside.

AmishRobot
17th February 2002, 10:17 PM
.tif (tiff) is an image format, so unless you have an imaging program to read them (such as Photoshop, etc.), you're outta luck. Your browser can't read them like it can gifs or jpegs. I'm sure there's freeware programs that can read them, if you look around.

PLASMA2097
17th February 2002, 10:20 PM
what are these "press materials disc" ?

Mator
18th February 2002, 10:28 AM
image viewer:XnView(search with google)it views and convents about 100 different files
and .tif . i read somewhere that there will be paper models of pirhana or sth.If so, please, upload these .tifs somewhere, or mail them on hddd@abv.bg (if they're not big)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mator on 2002-02-18 11:30 ]</font>

Lance
18th February 2002, 12:48 PM
i would recommend IrfanView for reading the tif and tiff files. i've also used XnView and SlowView and PawBrowse and ACDsee and some others as well, but taken all around, IrfanView works best for me.

paper models of the piranha? i'd love to have those!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lance on 2002-02-18 13:50 ]</font>

Mator
18th February 2002, 01:27 PM
XnView is my favourite.It is small and have a HUGE list of files opening.If u have .tim files on your psx disks, it(v 1.25) will open even them(no, i'm not joking).I think the .tif format is not very popular, so these images on the CD wont be screenshots pictures of the crafts or pilots.But we'l see...

Wamdue
18th February 2002, 02:13 PM
.tifs in the press materials disc? where?
there are 3 folders in mine , one with text , one with screenshots, and one with pack shots.. i dont see any tifs?

BurnHead
19th February 2002, 09:44 AM
PLASMA2097: It's an extra disc that comes with the special edition case of Fusion. There are screenshots, trailers, etc. on it!

Wamdue
19th February 2002, 05:22 PM
wtf?! trailers too? not on my press materials disc there arent.. as said, box shots, textfiles, and 30 screenshots or more.. thats all.

Is there another kind of press materials disc or? cause mine doesnt have those paper models and trailers

*im worried*

PLASMA2097
19th February 2002, 08:24 PM
oh hehe damn... :sad:
i dont own a PS2 :sad:
but i would buy a PS2 only because of FUSION!!!
...if I had money...

vincoof
20th February 2002, 07:15 AM
It's important to be rich in Fusion, but it's more important to reach Fusion.

Mator
20th February 2002, 07:31 AM
Btw, what happened with these .tifs?

Wamdue
20th February 2002, 07:41 AM
yeah, i need a paper model ag-craft! oh well, if there doesnt exist any, we´ll have to do our own.

oh, and if its not too much of a hassle for the price winners, i mean, if they dont got scanner or time, couldnt they scan the clip-out feisar ship model they won?

Mator
20th February 2002, 08:15 AM
in the other topic(started by Plasma2097)-Thats why i need the 3d meshes- i wont to build paper model!On my PC i have about 40 mb screenshots of wip3out pirhana and auricom.But its difficult to build only vieling screenshots...annuway, i know Every poligon of the auricom, and soon i'l start-with or without meshes.

BurnHead
20th February 2002, 08:58 AM
Hey Wamdue: I don't own a press materials disc - so I don't know what exactly is on it. I just guessed there may also be trailers on it.
But if you say there aren't any on it - then there aren't any on it :grin:

Thruster2097
20th February 2002, 03:19 PM
I am just wondering if all the pictures on everyone else's disc is .tif format. As I have been tinkering around with the settings of my multitainer,(see W3PA Forum Archive) some of the file extentions and associations may have gotten screwed up. I can usually read .tif with my standard Kodak Editor, or PhotosuiteIII, but neither of these programs will recognise them.
So, to phrase the question a little differently, when you insert the "press materials" disc into your cd-rom, what file extention do the pictures have?

Wamdue
20th February 2002, 07:10 PM
jpegs i think. i cant check right now cause im visiting my brother in gothenburg and hes a mac user :wink:

Thruster2097
21st February 2002, 06:56 AM
thanks, Wamdue.
When you get back home, could you please check for me... returning the disc may be bit of a problem for me, seeing as it was given to me as a present from SCEE, so if I can make any necessary changes at my end, it saves everybody a bit of hassle.
I hve tried copying one opf the images and renaming it as .jpg, .gif, .tga, .bmp, .img, but it still doesnt recognise the file.