PDA

View Full Version : The How & Why Sony gets some PSone titles and not others.

blackwiggle
3rd February 2011, 01:38 AM
If you ever wondered why some PSone titles make it to the PStore and others don't, then read this detailed description that has just been posted by Sony at the Aus/NZ Playstation Forum.

It explains a lot.
Unfortunately it doesn't give a list of titles that have failed bug testing, which I'm guessing Wipeout 2097 might be one of, otherwise I'm sure it would of been made available at the PStore ages ago along with the original Wipeout.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Announcements-Community-Events/PSone-Classics-Where-We-All-Stand/td-p/12338871

Woopzilla
3rd February 2011, 02:16 AM
I'm pretty sure I've seen 2097 in the Japanese/Asia PSN store when I checked it out once. :/ This might suggest regional version bugs.

But if I'm mistaken then perhaps RedBull might be a major hindrance towards 2097 being released.

MetaKraken
3rd February 2011, 05:25 PM
Well, that's a dissapointment. Region-locked and bugged games FTL. :|

I was hoping to play Einhander, Intelligent Qube and other PS1 games, although releasing it to certain countries and not the US is a no-go. :(

DreamyElf
3rd February 2011, 06:33 PM
I read this article few days ago on ps blog.
Tbh, while it explains the process, it doesn't give SCEE an excuse IMO.
They are so lazy in ALL departments and an embarrassment to SCE family.

This goes way back to the early psone days, continued with the inferior quality of the PAL PS2 games compared to the NTSC titles and finally to the mediocre PS Euro Store compared to the USA and Japan (Resi 1-2-3, Dino crisis, Silent Hill, Castlevania SOTN just to name a few psone classics, less content in every department, higher prices etc...).

I could write down a whole page to how bad SCEE treats it's loyal customers but i'll stop here.

This is the order in which SCE service it's customers:
Japan > USA >>>>>> Europe

The moto of SCE?
Pay more, get less... ;)

p.s. Oh and yeah i guess i'm a mazochist because while i say all this I have every playstation console and i never touched an Xbox... lol

OBH
3rd February 2011, 08:57 PM
Suikoden I & II (The greatest RPGs ever) deserve a release.

Kyonshi
3rd February 2011, 11:09 PM
OBH, Suikoden II is available here in America. I really don't know what's keeping SCEE from releasing it, unless is region-locked...

MegaGeeza22
4th February 2011, 12:33 AM
Cant you just import a u.s psn voucher and redeem it on a u.s account?
i have a u.s account but i only download demos from it.

Nutcase:259
4th February 2011, 11:41 AM
well they've just released crash bandicoot 2, i think there were probs with doing that a few years ago and they delayed it, so hopefully 2097 (& 3) are coming. if 2097 is on the japanese psn cant we just get it from there?

OBH
4th February 2011, 12:15 PM
OBH, Suikoden II is available here in America. I really don't know what's keeping SCEE from releasing it, unless is region-locked...

REALLY!!??? Thats just wound me up no end :bomb
Man I'm so jealous...

Woopzilla
4th February 2011, 01:12 PM
Yea, that's the way people do it. You make a US or Japanese/Asian Account and use redeemable vouchers to buy the games. You're unable to buy via credit card etc, because obviously your billing address won't match (since you're not actually in the US/Japan).