PDA

View Full Version : Classics HD – Fusion?

Koleax
28th January 2011, 03:31 PM
So, there are six planned or already released game collections for the PS3 that in Europe fall under the banner Classics HD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classics_HD). These are PS2 games that have been tweaked or reworked in some way run in 720p on the PS3, typically at superb frame rates and eminently enjoyable quality.

I know it's probably not going to happen, but wouldn't Wipeout Fusion be perfect for this? It already has 16:9 formatting, The textures don't need to be redone, because they're mostly solid colors anyway. It doesn't have intermittent low-res FMVs.

Now, I know that Fusion wasn't very popular, and that all these other game collections are indeed collections of multiple games. But, really, how much would it cost? How long would it take? A day? An afternoon?

Put it on PSN.

RJ O'Connell
28th January 2011, 03:35 PM
I'd buy it, but it's not likely to happen ever.

Blitz
29th January 2011, 04:24 PM
better than the wipeout fusion would be better to have the PULSE PS2 version of converted to HD no?

jan709
29th January 2011, 06:27 PM
that would be absolutely brilliant, and why not slap a few older (ps1,n64) wipeouts on the disc as well?

CPROSICK
30th January 2011, 02:01 AM
A 'revamped' Wipeout w/ older tracks would be awesome.

Like TombRaider Anniversary was awesome for an old fart like me!

Never played PULSE,,,:( however, furyHD make up for that right? :D
~C

mdhay
30th January 2011, 10:16 AM
The Game engine it uses requires the Emotion Engine to run as far as I'm aware, so it may not. It's far more likely that they'd remake the original three, but as per endless dicussion of such, it'd be difficult for them to do so, for various reasons.

Also, see what I did at the start of this post? :P

Xpand
30th January 2011, 12:36 PM
I'd like to see Fusion on PS3...

MrSmadSmartAlex
30th January 2011, 03:06 PM
Never played PULSE,,,:( however, furyHD make up for that right? :D
~C

No. :mr-t

Koleax
30th January 2011, 03:31 PM
better than the wipeout fusion would be better to have the PULSE PS2 version of converted to HD no?

OOooh! Oh course, both (I forgot Pulse existed because it's PAL only and not available here in the US, to my great chagrin).

So it can be a true collection in the same vein as all the others. God of War collection, ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection. Wipeout Fusion and Pulse collection!

Plleeeeeeease??? Especially because North American doesn't have Pulse! :(

xtriko
31st January 2011, 12:22 AM
Bring back WipEout 2097!!! THAT would be the ultimate GeekGasm for me XD