PDA

View Full Version : Whats Your Least Favourite Game Mode

DjM1zw1z
30th November 2010, 08:52 PM
So Vote, what is it?

Challenger #001
1st December 2010, 10:42 AM
Speed Lap. It's difficult to feel any sort of accomplishment on it and it's the most frustrating of all game types. Time Trial gives you a very direct, very particular goal to aim for, Zone is always a challenge, ZB needs good reflexes and Detonator gives you the best feeling of all when you nail it well.

Eliminator and Single Race/Tournament just get awesome with people online. Don't see what's so terrible about it.

Aeroracer
1st December 2010, 11:54 AM
eliminator..... cos its a crap mode and all players who play it are crap and suk in real life....:turd

no only joking:D

i dont like eliminator cos i cant play it because the game is so hard i focused on just one aspect racing.if i had time i would have learnt it.respect to all players who have mastered this hard mode..:nod

DjM1zw1z
1st December 2010, 12:02 PM
For me its detonator, WTF is it, it has nothing do to with wipeout, you cant any barrell rolls and its just rubbish and annoying:turd

F.E.I.S.A.R
1st December 2010, 01:59 PM
You can't do barrel rolls in Zone and Zone Battle where you should be able to in an actual race.One example is the corner after the Turbo spot near the start of the lap.

I don't have a least favourite game mode,but I'm not a real fan of ONLINE Eliminator.And note the "ONLINE".If I play offline AKA Locally,I don't mind.

yeldar2097
1st December 2010, 03:36 PM
Eliminator for me I think. I have no problem with the idea of an Eliminator mode but I think the implementation was a bit...well...crap. I know it's supposed to make it more frantic and exciting but I'd much rather ships had 'normal' amounts of shield energy as opposed to pretty much one hit K.O. energy like it is now.

2nd on my list would be tournaments...hate em. Multiple single race ftw.

PEPEDA
1st December 2010, 03:38 PM
Eliminator for me, no doubt.....

Jav
1st December 2010, 04:09 PM
Eliminator, especially 1v1's. Just a bit pointless, imo.

Colonel
1st December 2010, 05:37 PM
I voted Single Race which no doubt will annoy the purists among you, but it's the one game mode that pisses me off more than any other.

Eliminators are fking awesome, I love them, especially online, whether it's 1v1 or a full grid. Can't beat it.

Zone is breathtaking and so satisfying when you nail a track.

Zone Battle is also amazing, I've been playing a lot of these online lately, and while I'll get dicked every time by the likes of P Denton and Challenger, they're still a lot of fun and I'm improving slowly :). The other good thing is that people tend to stick around a lot longer with these, you can have a proper session with a few people. With eliminators and races people just come and go all the time. Zone Battle has a proper community feel to it; just a shame more people don't play.

Speed lap and time trial are okay, I don't spend any time on them other than in Campaign mode, but I get some satisfaction from shaving off a few tenths and getting an elite gold.

Detonator's basically for kids, reluctant girlfriends and other people who won't play the game unless you "put that shooting thing on". I know there are people who are ace at it, but it really seems like a mode designed specifically to make the game more accessible. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But Single Races... Well I'm a weak racer - especially on Phantom, and most of my online experiences of racing have been bad ones. Particularly 1v1, which can be frankly humiliating when I finish 12 seconds behind somebody. It's the one mode of the game that genuinely makes me feel like sh1t :frown:

yusik
1st December 2010, 05:43 PM
Eliminator, for sure... Zone is the awesomest :D

erich123
1st December 2010, 05:47 PM
Zone battle no doubt:turd

Dan Locke
1st December 2010, 06:31 PM
Detonator. I never saw the point; it feels very gimmicky.

mic-dk
1st December 2010, 06:33 PM
I voted Detonator too, with ZB an awful close second.

Eloï
1st December 2010, 08:20 PM
Detonator. It's hard and not wipeoutish. I didn't even get the trophies.

amplificated
2nd December 2010, 10:03 PM
Oops! Totally misread the title and wondered why so many people put eliminator after I voted :redface: Wish I could take back my vote :P

Eliminator is def. the worst mode. It's boring and cheap, and has the lowest skill cap of all the modes in the game. Learn to shoot weapons and hope for the best; yippee.

I can see why people wouldn't like detonator, as it kinda sits apart from all the other game modes, but it has a high skill cap and is pretty fun. Not the best or worst mode, but it has its own merits for sure.... unlike eliminator! :P

I also don't like Zone Battle, I suck at it. I prefer Zone much more.

gordo1974
3rd December 2010, 09:45 AM
Zone battle.
Zone is all about smooth, focus and intense speed.
Why put anything in the way of that? Why make ZB as a mode?
:blarg
Never understood it.

IndoorSnowStorm
4th December 2010, 05:18 PM
Tournament..... It's just a waste of time for me. Race after race, it gets boring fast. Plus, you're stuck with the same ship through the whole thing. :-

I like eliminator, because I first bought Pulse. It would be better with eliminator specific weapons, but it is still fun overall. :rock

I like the others too, but I won't write anything about them so I don't waste your time. :g

SaturnReturn
4th December 2010, 10:25 PM
I'm not gonna vote for anything. I'm just gonna sit here and revel in Time Trial's zero votes so far. :D

Dan Locke
4th December 2010, 10:37 PM
And it'll stay that way; Time Trial isn't even a poll option. Time Trail, on the other hand...

SaturnReturn
4th December 2010, 10:49 PM
That's OK. Time Trail is my second favourite.:rock

leungbok
4th December 2010, 10:59 PM
there's not "multiplayer" as an option ! :(
:p

SaturnReturn
4th December 2010, 11:05 PM
Multiplayer's not a mode, it's a philosophy. ;)

DaMiGi63
5th December 2010, 02:44 PM
You can't do barrel rolls in Zone and Zone Battle where you should be able to in an actual race.One example is the corner after the Turbo spot near the start of the lap.

I don't have a least favourite game mode,but I'm not a real fan of ONLINE Eliminator.And note the "ONLINE".If I play offline AKA Locally,I don't mind.

Who says that you can't do Barrel Rolls in Zone Mode, I did a Barrel Roll on Syncopia once
:P, I was shocked as it happened, but kept going.

amplificated
5th December 2010, 10:22 PM
He said "where you should be able to in an actual race" - I think he means the BR's you get from bumps and grooves in the track, like the very easy one in Amph> just before the magstrip. He provided a terrible example.

I also don't really understand how any of it's relevant, but whatevs.

Olol
29th December 2010, 07:28 PM
I like elimantor because its really calming mode for me, no need to rush to the finish line, I can take my time and destroy enemy ships, s'good fun:g
I hate detonator, the one mode I'm terrible at and I mean terrible :|

MegaGeeza22
30th December 2010, 01:45 PM
I hate zone battle!! its just ridiculously hard.... for me. a zone race would be better with no weapons! everyone would be side by side for 30+ zones nudging each other lol!
Eliminator is bad too, the winner is always random and the worst part of this mode is Quake/Quake/Quake/Quake! stupid!
Give me an eliminator match with Rockets only! that would be ace!

Chemynova
2nd January 2011, 07:04 AM
My least favourite would be Zone Battle. Before yesterday it would have been Detonator because I could not find the right tacktick to win Elite campaign races in that mode. But something clicked yesterday evening and I got my first Elite gold in Detonator :D. Zone battle still puzzles me.

FlameCrow
4th January 2011, 04:19 AM
I can't stand the flashy track stuff in Zone mode. x.x I have yet to try Zone battle or Detonator.... Probably won't like em.

Kyonshi
4th January 2011, 06:29 AM
Its not a surprise for some, but i hate Zone Battle with a passion.:P Pointless, boring, annoying. Hell, i don't even mind Detonator, even if its useless as well. This should be "disinvented". SL should just have put new tracks for regular races in campaign/multiplayer, period. If they wanted to add something as shallow as ZB and Detonator, better not add anything else...