PDA

View Full Version : Rules for Fan Fiction (Wipeout-fanon related)

MetaKraken
21st November 2010, 02:18 PM
Welcome to the Fan-Fiction and Role-Play Section!
This section deals with the Fan Fiction part of this section

Welcome to the Fan Fiction section of WipEoutZone Forum(s)!
Basically, a Fan fiction is when you assume a profile of a fanon (or original) Wipeout team. This is also a tribute to the fan made Wipeout teams (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6454).

When posting (starting a team profile):
-Be creative. "Mary-sues" (if the fanon does not have any relations to the originals) are not allowed. Be sure to correct spelling errors and double-check for grammars if you happen to spot an error.
-Swearing may be allowed, although stronger swearings must be censored.
-Do not post the team profile if it has short detail, which is frowned upon if this was done

When posting (ship details):
-The ship must NOT have any relations to original Wipeout teams (unless if users suggests to do so)
-Always check for spelling errors, as mentioned above (when starting a team profile)

When posting (pilot details):
-Up to 3 pilots on each of their own profiles can be added. Adding more than three pilots may be frowned upon (unless if one would suggest adding at LEAST one more pilot as a backup pilot, if neccesary).
-Always be creative; no "mary-sue"-related details, or any other kind that's deemed uncreative (e.g. [fanon Wipeout team] rivaling the [original Wipeout team])

I will update the rules accordingly as the section progresses.

(Credits to Challenger #001 for his wonderful efforts as a writer in creating original Wipeout teams!)

F.E.I.S.A.R
21st November 2010, 02:26 PM
I wonder if the teams created will be used in any RPG in this section!:D

MetaKraken
21st November 2010, 02:29 PM
You know, that's not a bad idea! Although I have a feeling that since fanon Wipeout teams may not have any relations to the original Wipeout teams (unless if it's neccesary), seeing as how it would result in a "mary-sue" conflict...

I'm also thinking of re-writing my first fanon Wipeout team, seeing as how Challenger gave me a lot of pointers from my team profile :P.

F.E.I.S.A.R
21st November 2010, 02:31 PM
Thing is...Fan-Fics can be set in Alternate Universes.Believe it or not,my (unpublished)fan-fic is set in the year 2010 in an Alternate Universe/Reality.Possibilities are endless...As long as the principal focus is WipEout.

MetaKraken
21st November 2010, 02:36 PM
Okay. That sounds like a good idea :).

Xpand
21st November 2010, 05:18 PM
THIS IS AWESOME!!! AHAHAHA!!
Can't wait to upload my stuff here when I have the time!

MetaKraken
21st November 2010, 05:41 PM
^^Good luck, man ;).

dreadofmondays
8th June 2012, 10:25 PM
I may join in as well. I was thinking of doing a biography of one of the teams... :) A biography written by the team CEO.

keg_11
10th June 2012, 01:40 AM
Similar thing here, but I'm attempting to write a whole set of stories that would go into serious detail on the official backstory of the series, similar to what Challenger #001 has done. In fact, my 'chronicles' will have several influences/references to Challenger's team descriptions.

Saramica12
6th November 2014, 05:11 PM
I have in mind something more different than an ordinary Fanfiction, let's say...what should I do? :!

terra-wrists
6th November 2014, 06:59 PM
go for it: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?6454-Imagine-a-new-WipEout-team <- here

Jonny
6th November 2014, 07:09 PM
What means "different"?
Anyway, writing a fanfic series usually requires a new thread. I call this thread "the base" where you publish and link your stuff and discuss with other people about the story.

Saramica12
6th November 2014, 08:06 PM
What means "different"?
Anyway, writing a fanfic series usually requires a new thread. I call this thread "the base" where you publish and link your stuff and discuss with other people about the story.

Different because is not a new Team, there will be any new Pilot, just an idea that came in my mind when I was little, thanks to Pure :3
Imagine the Ships of WipEout, or the Teams themselves...humanized! Not Mechas (that they're cool but I can't draw them xD), but in flesh and bones!
This was a too complicated part for me too, so I decided to elaborate it again, ending up of these humanifications which become real person, with realistic names and characteristics. I simply called them "The Representatives", guys who are like Co-Directors of each Team and they can take actions and decisions in the League. Their stories and Families are linked strongly in the WipEout Timeline, with some part Fanmade by me. For more info about, I started to draw and post them in my Album I dedicated to ^^
More about this in the meantime! I just wanna this idea approved to be added in a new thread.

Thanks for the attention! :)

Snakenator1
6th November 2014, 08:24 PM
So its like the ships are transformers, but their alternate forms are human beings?? and they turn into the ships again to race??

Saramica12
6th November 2014, 09:25 PM
So its like the ships are transformers, but their alternate forms are human beings?? and they turn into the ships again to race??

Wait wait xD
This was the fantasy I had the first time, honestly too complicated and...weird? P:
In this case, these "humanifications" are only in the behaviour, the Representatives acts like if the Team/Ship would be like them, example Anastasia (Qirex) is ever in a perennial quarrel againist Augusto (Auricom), showing up the bitter rivals the two Teams have to each other.
The AG Ships are present yes, but they stay "secondary" in the Fanfictions of mine P: