PDA

View Full Version : Help with Extreme-G III's Arcade mode?

Dan Locke
16th August 2010, 06:09 AM
I mentioned this earlier in "The Last Game You Bought?", but I figured that it should probably get its own thread.

Anyway, I'm wondering if there's any way to get more than two laps per Arcade mode race in the GameCube version of Extreme-G III. Right now, it's essentially impossible to win races in the higher speed classes, simply because there isn't enough time to actually make it to the front. From the YouTube videos that I've seen, the PS2 version doesn't appear to have this problem.

So, is there a way to fix this, or should I just exchange my copy for the PS2 version?

RedScar
17th August 2010, 05:51 AM
I'd say do some googling first to see if it's actually a programming error, I know that E-G III is hard as sin in certain points but you should be able to do it. I remember some of the XGRA races that took me forever on hard.

JABBERJAW
17th August 2010, 02:31 PM
so you have updraded you ship and all? Sounds like you need a keyboard :) seriously though, I'll play it later wtih my son and see this issue. When does it happen exactly where it gets too hard to beat? I haven't played this game in a long time.

OH, one thing, I am sure you probably know this, but pitch foward on downhills and back on uphills (if you can tell). You get significant speed increases on the downhill with this, and it holds you speed better going up

Dan Locke
17th August 2010, 05:57 PM
I'd say do some googling first to see if it's actually a programming error,
I did; I haven't found a mention of it anywhere. I watched some videos of the PS2 version on YouTube, though, and it doesn't have this problem. (That is, unless the GameCube version has a way around this that I just haven't figured out yet. Also, I could just have a bad copy. I doubt that, though.)

I remember some of the XGRA races that took me forever on hard.
Speaking of XGRA, how is it? Is it as good as Extreme-G III? I've heard both praise and criticism for it.

so you have updraded you ship and all? Sounds like you need a keyboard :)
Actually, the GameCube's controller is perfectly suited to this sort of thing. It's one of the console's (admittedly few) strengths. And my bike is well-equipped in Career mode, but that's irrelevant to a discussion about Arcade mode (which doesn't even have upgrades anyway).

seriously though, I'll play it later wtih my son and see this issue. When does it happen exactly where it gets too hard to beat?
I'm not talking about the progression in Career mode (the only hard thing about that is running into those awful mines); the problem is in Arcade mode. How am I supposed to win a 750G race in two laps?

OH, one thing, I am sure you probably know this, but pitch foward on downhills and back on uphills (if you can tell). You get significant speed increases on the downhill with this, and it holds you speed better going up
Yeah; I already knew. Thanks for the tip, though.

JABBERJAW
17th August 2010, 11:07 PM
Are you sure you do not have to upgrade you bike in challenge mode to beat the arcade modes 750? OR do you have a 750, and the other bikes just take off on you?

I forgot, but there was a trick of beating those mines, either with a weapon or shields or something where you could blast right through them. That part of the game really ticked me off until I figured it out. cannot find my gamecube, I think it is in the car, so testing may be out tonight, sorry

RedScar
18th August 2010, 12:22 AM
XGRA is good, definatly fast althought sometimes its hard to tell lol. If you like the E-G series then you will probably like XGRA. Also, its old so you should beable to get it cheap at a store, thats how I got my copy.

Dan Locke
18th August 2010, 03:06 AM
Are you sure you do not have to upgrade you bike in challenge mode to beat the arcade modes 750? OR do you have a 750, and the other bikes just take off on you?
You can't even race in an Arcade mode speed class until you've gotten that far in Career mode - and the state of your bike in Career mode has nothing to do with what you get in Arcade mode anyway. The problem is that Career mode gives you enough laps to win and Arcade mode doesn't. It's not that I'm bad at the game or anything; it's just that, even if I race perfectly, I still never finish higher than fourth or fifth place. I need that extra lap, and I don't have it.