PDA

View Full Version : (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Xpand
30th January 2012, 11:49 AM
Xpand, how much power would that take?

Basically the same that it needed in the versions that you downloaded. I'm using a small amount of polys on this, the thing is that they are well distributed. For example, the parts you don't see while racing, like the back of the buildings, don't exist. And also, I'm keeping the draw calls (number of separate objects) to a minimum, for example, instead of having every tree as a single object, I join several of them in one single object.

GARGH!!
I accidentally deleted the file I used to make that render... I had to do everything all over again on that section... Luckly I always save several copies of my 3d files, so I just had to add the two buildings and the palm trees there...

Ok, tried out the light map and some other simulated light effects on unity:
All this seems to be working perfectly. I can also simulate shadows on the track without the realtime shading. I use a plane with the shape of that track section with a small 128x128 texture with alpha channel, for smooth transition between light and dark...

jesse9705
31st January 2012, 08:50 AM
This games looking really good, Perhaps you should put out a beta soon

last time i saw jese(?) was quite a while ago, i think jese stopped going on this forum a while back...

Ya definitely, as everyone saw what happened to my zone ship, it had lots of "trash polys" and it made lots of unnessicery lines on the model.

@Feisar_rocket, um no nothing new yet, i am still stuck with 3DS MAX :brickwall why does it have to be so difficult?
and i am designing new ships on paper, again it kept getting close to the pre-existing designs. i got to really stop doing that..... but i cant :cold :frown:

Im not that helpful at this stage apart from designing ships and thats pretty much....

Well its great now that we have addition members on this project, but i recently had an idea... for the music of the game, maybe Unctuous could help us out? *fingers crossed*

Imma Back, Iv'e been working on an MMO doing all it's graphics, the MMO has yet to be released, I can help if needed with this now!

Xpand
31st January 2012, 11:03 AM
Hey! This is neat:
It shows how to import models into the unity3d runtime, just as we want for multiple ships and tracks and for mods too!
http://www.everyday3d.com/blog/index.php/2010/05/24/loading-3d-models-runtime-unity3d/
Download the Unity 3 version:
http://www.everyday3d.com/unity3d/obj/obj.1.2.unitypackage

feisar rocket
31st January 2012, 11:07 AM
...you should put out a beta soon.

Imma Back...

There's things we still need to clear up...; Is there gonna be a zone mode?
Is the Level of Simulation gonna be in?
We need to transfer ships from 3dsM to Blender.
Blender version has no/few ships.
Blender version has no/few tracks.
There's no main menu (?)

These are questions/things that need solving before a beta, right Xpand, Aspect, Zero, Bom, Day, F.E.I, and Jes?

It's good to have you back.

P.S. I only have 2 ship names; Tesseract and Solaris... is that all? I'm gonna give a background story of Tesseract because I got the picture but I also need a top down picture (I sound so demanding :( but im not)

Xpand
31st January 2012, 11:35 AM
There's things we still need to clear up...; Is there gonna be a zone mode?
Is the Level of Simulation gonna be in?
We need to transfer ships from 3dsM to Blender.
Blender version has no/few ships.
Blender version has no/few tracks.
There's no main menu (?)

There's a blender version? I don't recall seeing that.
First things first, we need to finish the physics, then take care of the object loader (I posted one above, you better take a look at that zero because I have no idea how it works).
Then the menu;
And after that we can release the beta.

feisar rocket
31st January 2012, 11:40 AM
Thats what's Aspect is working on...

Xpand
31st January 2012, 11:52 AM
Lol, but his project is completely different from ours. He has his own ship and track designs! :g

zero3growlithe
31st January 2012, 01:13 PM
First things first, we need to finish the physics, then take care of the object loader (I posted one above, you better take a look at that zero because I have no idea how it works).
Awwww, C# again... i can see it is capable of importing 3D models "as is" in fly (that means out of my range of understanding :g). That's why I thought about avoiding that and making of something that would be capable of loading "prefabs" in fly as they're already ready to use (I don't have to do anything else with it after loading it, except for placing it somewhere). Prefabs can be done in Unity itself. Time will show what I'll choose :blarg
What are prefabs? (http://www.unity3dstudent.com/2010/07/beginner-b03-prefabs/)

Xpand
31st January 2012, 01:33 PM
But prefabs won't allow user modding. Only the person with the game project can add tracks or ships... :|
If you don't want to take a look at that I'll do it...

jesse9705
1st February 2012, 12:47 AM
I had a look at the physics thing last night and raced, I kept shooting of the edges of the track, And the track seemed a little narrow in my humble opinion, Onto the Ships, I can design skins and what not for them, I Had a go at 3D again, I'm not as good as I used to be, But I can certainly design graphics if needed.

Xpand
1st February 2012, 01:50 PM
Correction: The track isn't too narrow, the ships are scaled to big. I told zero to use the same scale on the ship and track: If the track is scaled 10x, the ship has to be scaled 10x with a variation of 10% because Unity misreads the actual size of the object if the export units are incorrect. On the 1:1 ratio the track is 3 ships wide (13.5 meters).
I made some changes on the terrain so I can delete some unnecessary polys and added the tree walls:

It's starting to look a lot like blue ridge, lol...

zero3growlithe
1st February 2012, 02:30 PM
Well, the ships as for me is now too small, making it even smaller make it look like an RC Ship Toy imo... maybe I'll just change camera's field of view becouse I've just noticed yesterday that it make's BIG difference in recieving the track's width... I can post new version of game only to show that or screenshot if u want .

Xpand
1st February 2012, 02:35 PM
I think two screenshots should be enough... By the way, can you send me the current project version you're working on? I would like to test how the new physics might show some unwanted stuff like holes in the terrain that I'm going to do to reduce the amount of polys and increase performance.
Host it somewhere because I'll only be back on the computer in 4 hours...
I'm now on holydays, so let's get this track finished!

zero3growlithe
1st February 2012, 07:34 PM
Uploading project... completed. I'll send you link tommorow becouse I want to include a simple tutorial on how to set up any ship to make it fly properly so you can test new ones too.
Two screenshots: 1 (https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/FEojCfcuuNkP-UwVxcGuppvKcBreqPaKGegrWrNQUJY?feat=directlink) 2 (https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/5JbVTrfC51XkM9CzEHLKq5vKcBreqPaKGegrWrNQUJY?feat=d irectlink) (it looks better when flying)

I'm going to reduce the amount of polys and increase performance.
Hmmm, there is many polys u can reduce if it looks like this (https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/JjKOzXj7znvjpopDOfO7KpvKcBreqPaKGegrWrNQUJY?feat=d irectlink) without exporting too.
My track is damn low poly (https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2fwCtbo9uHy9fB7C0sIj25vKcBreqPaKGegrWrNQUJY?feat=d irectlink) and looks... eeeeeh, not bad as for me... here (https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/F_SoqzktB1qvA_85wRvkxZvKcBreqPaKGegrWrNQUJY?feat=d irectlink)

Machida, what does the scouter says about their poly count?
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Xpand
1st February 2012, 08:33 PM
Well, mine isn't actually that high poly. You should see Wipeout HD's polycount for a normal track. They go over 100000 polys on those...

feisar rocket
1st February 2012, 10:23 PM
Zero I made your track with FZEP. I'm sure KillCrush would want it.

Wait, WHAT!? 10k poly!? SL has some good creators.

P.S I got to take a sexy picture of Sebenco. You can find use with it right?

Xpand
1st February 2012, 10:54 PM
Actually it's 100k, my track has around 15k polys...

jesse9705
2nd February 2012, 06:24 AM
It is certainly looking like blue ridge, I like to see more natural tracks
On another note, I really suck at track designing, So i was thinking i could create the land scapes, Because im good at those.

Killercrusher232
2nd February 2012, 08:50 AM
Zero I made your track with FZEP. I'm sure KillCrush would want it.

Yeah i'll give it a go, i'll be much better now I can use my ps3 controller to play!

Also, i'm going to spend a looooooooooooong time in sketchup making an F1 inspired ship (that will probably look similar to The Skull's ship in F-Zero X...)

MyNameIsBom
2nd February 2012, 10:23 AM
..... i'm going to spend a looooooooooooong time in sketchup making an F1 inspired ship...)

i wouldnt if iwas you.... :cold

feisar rocket
2nd February 2012, 11:07 AM
i wouldnt if iwas you.... :cold

Only if he deletes unnecessary lines, making it easier for Xpand and Zero.

Is the final result gonna be an *.exe?

Xpand
2nd February 2012, 11:27 AM
Well, he can't delete the trash polys in sketchup because they simply don't show up there.
And yes, the result is an *Exe, just as it has been with all the versions zero has put up here...

Killercrusher232
2nd February 2012, 01:24 PM
I know what i'm doing, don't worry...

Killercrusher232
2nd February 2012, 07:03 PM
How's this?

Rotational_aspect
2nd February 2012, 07:10 PM
I don't have SketchUp installed, got any screenshots?

Killercrusher232
2nd February 2012, 07:47 PM
Here you go!:+

zero3growlithe
4th February 2012, 12:23 PM
New ship: Interceptor (https://picasaweb.google.com/zero3growlithe/InterceptorSlipstreamGX?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCLL56IDFrPmLBA&feat=directlink) (1400 poligons)
(not yet textured)

Xpand
4th February 2012, 04:42 PM
Nice! Much better than the "insect"! :D
I like ships with lots of curves and bumps. :P

EDIT:
New ship!
Helios 1C
It looks like a Triakis mixed with my planes and an F-1 car...

Not textured nor animated and still a few details left. Because this ship will have most mechanical parts covered up I spent a bit more of the poly budget in the fuselage...
Total polycount for now: 2854 polys

feisar rocket
5th February 2012, 03:01 AM
Helios 1C...a Triakis mixed with my planes and an F-1 car... Se*y! Same for KillCrush and Zero!

Gotta get them ship background stories going!

Team Helios, using the 1C ship model built with high armor and weapon damage in mind (great, model 28...;)). Triakis' first steps in FX-150 league...

jesse9705
5th February 2012, 04:00 AM
Nice ships going, i could help with the backstorys if someone wants

Rotational_aspect
5th February 2012, 07:39 AM
Nice stuff Xpand! Crit time:

1: The main one for me at least is the rear spoiler, it (to me at least) looks too straight and messes up the lines of the ship/ looks a bit plain. Why not make something of it? Perhaps make it a slight curve, or maybe break it up a little.

2: Again, a personal thing but I think the cockpit should be slightly squarer (for some reason the cockpit seems too round when compared to the rest of the body- esp the spoiler).

But its a solid design... keep at it!

MyNameIsBom
5th February 2012, 09:17 AM
any good programmes i can create HUD's on? other than Fireworks CS5 or Photoshop CS5.1, i already have those :)

Anyone want me to design another ship? (this time on paper, then hopefully i will be able to make it on google sketchup, then delete all the unwanted polys )

My friend suggested another team name... Alpine 11, does that sound ok/decent/good?

Killercrusher232
5th February 2012, 09:31 AM
Gimp might work well for you, and it's free!

zero3growlithe
5th February 2012, 10:40 AM
Heeeeee, I thought there is no possibility to criticize it :g Awesome ship Xpand!
@Bom: As for me Photoshop is better than gimp. Just my opinion.

Xpand
5th February 2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks!

Crit time:

1: The main one for me at least is the rear spoiler, it (to me at least) looks too straight and messes up the lines of the ship/ looks a bit plain. Why not make something of it? Perhaps make it a slight curve, or maybe break it up a little.

2: Again, a personal thing but I think the cockpit should be slightly squarer (for some reason the cockpit seems too round when compared to the rest of the body- esp the spoiler).

But its a solid design... keep at it!

1: Yeah, you're right, I might be able to make it follow the tail's upper curve.

2:Well, you know... That's the result of 3 years making these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drCzizwzbhU
:g

zero3growlithe
5th February 2012, 11:55 AM
Heavy Armored Anti-Grav Tank: Zepher (https://picasaweb.google.com/zero3growlithe/ZepherSlipstreamGX?authuser=0&feat=directlink)
(I wanted it to look like a flying brick :g)

Rotational_aspect
5th February 2012, 01:10 PM
Xpand: nice aircraft! I take it the jets you make have to be aerodynamic / correct CoG etc for them to fly in FSX?

zero3growlithe
5th February 2012, 01:16 PM
EDIT: Woooooooooooops, crap, that was not pointed to me...lol :redface:

Dayviewer
5th February 2012, 01:19 PM
Going to finnish up Tesseract today to send it to you guys, 2 more questions: for the size of the ship between 15 and 20 meters, i guess i can just use the measurement tool for this in 3ds max?
Also what format do you need the model and texture in.

By the way also a screenshot from my 2nd one called Glacier:
Model finnished still need to start unwrapping

Xpand
5th February 2012, 01:51 PM
That's nice but you think you can make them a bit rounder? Like use the chamfrer tool one or two times on the canopy's side edges and on the wingtips to round them a bit. 8)

Dayviewer
5th February 2012, 02:29 PM
I'll make the canopy a bit rounder but i like the rest the way it is now so i'll keep the wings and the rest like how it is now if you dont mind.

updated texture on tesseract with decals:

Xpand
5th February 2012, 03:53 PM
Xpand: nice aircraft! I take it the jets you make have to be aerodynamic / correct CoG etc for them to fly in FSX?
Yeah, that's why I take almost a year and a half to make them... Just for one plane I have tons and tons of pages with drawings and calculations and XML program schematics for the gauges.

jesse9705
6th February 2012, 06:22 AM
These ships are looking wicked, What can i do to help, I'm good with graphical arts....

Xpand
6th February 2012, 11:06 AM
Logos for the ships would be nice.
I'm needing one for the Helios team.
The main paintscheme is overall white with blue and orange stripes, dark bottom and side pods and the pod covers are white also with blue and orange. I have a pic here but it's still pretty basic:

Edit:
Finished the basic paintscheme. Only the decals and stuff like that left...

zero3growlithe
6th February 2012, 04:21 PM
I'm making main menu right now and I don't know what color palette should I use... I like green but I don't think everyone likes it :g So?
btw. I want to avoid similars to WOHD's schemes that's why I ask :|

Xpand
6th February 2012, 04:37 PM
why not make something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD0IIY2O3oc
White background goes well with anything.
Wait a sec. I'll come up with some ideas to help!
Here's my idea:

Killercrusher232
6th February 2012, 05:35 PM
Hey xpand, what are the hexadecimal codes for those stripes on the helios ship?

Xpand
6th February 2012, 05:56 PM
Blue:
345dab
Orange:
ab8234

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxpBDMuc0CA

Killercrusher232
6th February 2012, 08:17 PM
Hmm, that orange was darker than I though...

feisar rocket
6th February 2012, 08:20 PM
I like the main menu Xpand made... (use the F500 font looks close to WO3) except;

the color of the symbol showing single race. It doesn't match... the background of the main menu.

I made a symbol for FX-150 btw

Ship stories: what team first? Seriously...

According to me: Project "Slipstream" completion, 23%

P.S. really KillCrush? The orange looks fine :D

P.S.S. that's a f**kin big number... 345dab (345 × 16 is already big... don't forget D(14), A(10), and B(11) ;))

POST # 1300! Yehs!

Xpand
6th February 2012, 08:47 PM
Hmm, that orange was darker than I though...

That's cool, though I'd ditch the shade in the middle. Also, can you make like a symbol or something to use on the ship?

Also @feisar_rocket:
The font I used is called T.C. System

Just do about the teams whose ship is already made...

Also, if you have stuff made why don't you post it?

Killercrusher232
6th February 2012, 08:54 PM
I'll make some random ads :+

Feisar rocket, that's a hexadecimal colour code not a measurement

Xpand
6th February 2012, 09:03 PM
No, not only adds, but a logo symbol for the team, like the AG-S symbol, or Feisar symbol.
Also:
http://youtu.be/yM4TGA3WAco
That is how I imagine the logos in the menu...

feisar rocket
6th February 2012, 09:46 PM
a hex colour code not a measurement

I know. Im saying it's a big number... now if it was in Octal it be different ;)

Okay Xpand, i chose...(epic pause) Team Helios.

MyNameIsBom
7th February 2012, 02:41 AM
I am working on a menu, will post it soon :) hope you guys will like it.

As for a HUD, i am working on one as well, im finishing the Menu first then ill get on to the HUD ;)

feisar rocket
7th February 2012, 03:41 AM
About stories, I want Helios to be Triakis' in FX-150, 200 but every time I try to get Triakis. Goteki pushes her way in...

Yeah, yeah "just use Goteki then!"

No, Goteki in Pure is a single haul not duel...

Bom, i think you'll make a good HUD :). (Xpand, Zero?) With heat gauge, etc.

MyNameIsBom
7th February 2012, 03:51 AM
I spent like only 30 minutes on this, and its only the start of it, i can make a few more adjustments to it if needed :) Hope you like it guys :g also give me feedbacks. (PS i know the colour is blue and is similar to HD's but Blue is my favourite colour so you will have to deal with it xD )

and btw the FEISAR Ship is going to be replaced with one of the ships in the game, it is only used as an example at the moment, and the colour scheme could be changed... actually is it possible to have the ability to change the colour scheme of the menu in the Options? if so that would be awesome :D

EDIT: urhhhh my apologies for getting the name of the game wrong :/ i wasnt really paying much attention to the name of it... my bad lol

Also, did i hear Ads? i can help! *Creative mode suddenly engaged* i can think of a few ads/billboards that could go into the game :)

rdmx
7th February 2012, 08:09 AM
I haven't really been following this project but here is a menu concept anyway
EDIT: split / slip, don't matter, its a concept :P

http://i.imgur.com/S5Regl.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/S5Reg.jpg)

MyNameIsBom
7th February 2012, 08:43 AM
Oh god.... now mine looks really bad :(

btw rdmx, what program did u use to make that? it looks really nice, well polished and professional :):+

zero3growlithe
11th February 2012, 08:07 AM
Uh huh, this database is a little old but not so much so nothing particular is lost :) We can continue... (good to know that we have such a great administrator that keeps backups up-to date :):+ Good work!)

Killercrusher232
11th February 2012, 10:42 AM
yes...yes!!!

MyNameIsBom
12th February 2012, 05:45 AM
God donut! i forgot what i have said on this forum, urhhhh i had a short-term memory loss moment... can anyone remind me of what i was going to do again? i have completely forgotten :/

F.E.I.S.A.R
12th February 2012, 11:56 AM
Let's see...am I still to come up with a backstory for this spinoff League of WipEOut?

feisar rocket
12th February 2012, 06:12 PM
The Zone, part of my morning with a dose of some J-Pop (jap music)

Hmm, i see my back story on Helios is gone... I'll put it up again with the ship description this time.

Yeah, Zero, don't you think it's time for a lil test again. With the many advancements we made, and pits (if you want) .

F.E.I., that's right me 'n' you work on back stories. But you do more, im just doing ships and tracks.

P.S. How about Cassandra is located in Iceland?

MyNameIsBom
13th February 2012, 04:49 AM
My apologies but the HUD may be delayed a bit, im being overloaded with school work and i cant find any spare time to make the HUD, sorry again :(

zero3growlithe
14th February 2012, 12:57 PM
@rdmx: I've just figured out what font you've use on this concept ^^ It's Bold Arial with size of 60 points, letter spacing reduced by 70 and letter width increased by 5% :P Now it's time for font used for game's name...
EDIT: Hmmmm, not as good as yours but I'm close: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/bcc3ddgsGjDS1WID7zgW15vKcBreqPaKGegrWrNQUJY?feat=d irectlink
Anyway, I've just noticed that u've used side gradient while I've used point one... and I couldn't find this font I was searching for xD Ok, so I can finally make this main menu work...

TypeProton
15th February 2012, 02:27 PM
Hello, new to WipeoutZone here but aww this looks interesting. :D
- Is there anything I can help with? I can use Photoshop and some bits of Illustator. I also can make concept arts for ships or in-game advertisement-logos. (But I'm not sure about my schedule, I'm still studying in university.)
- Are there any 'design document' for this? (Any document that collect all the details of the teams,gameplay,tracks...)

zero3growlithe
16th February 2012, 09:32 AM
- Are there any 'design document' for this? (Any document that collect all the details of the teams,gameplay,tracks...)
Hmmm, actually we should make something like this as it would make things easier :blarg Good suggestion :nod

- Is there anything I can help with? I can use Photoshop and some bits of Illustator. I also can make concept arts for ships or in-game advertisement-logos. (But I'm not sure about my schedule, I'm still studying in university.)
Sure! We don't have many logos yet (1-2?) so it would be nice to make some, as for ships any design and concept arts are usefull too becouse creating different ship shapes is rather hard (as for me for example xD)
And don't worry about schedule, it's just a fan game project so it's not a part time job u must make to complete project quickly :twisted

feisar rocket
16th February 2012, 11:21 AM
Type, or Proton... the more the marrier :D

Made a sh*tty track description for Cassandra... 2 lines long.

"you like the green scenery? Cassandra was..." gotta go to school atm... i'll tell u later

Germanistgeek
16th February 2012, 11:31 AM
Hi ! This project seems to be interessting.
If you agree, i can make an autorun, a trailer, a website and some logos.

I Hope you'll agree, otherwise, i can have other projects to work on. So if you disagree that's not a problem.

feisar rocket
16th February 2012, 10:58 PM
German, or Geek (which ever you like), the more, the marrier :D

I won't be on for 10 business days (monday-friday) plus weekends... (14+ days) because I got in trouble at school... i guess y'know what im talking about...

Killercrusher232
17th February 2012, 08:57 AM
Please do be careful mate... keep this up and you won't make it to college...

TypeProton
17th February 2012, 01:09 PM
Got fired up. So I made some ship sketch here. (http://i.imgur.com/mjVPA.jpg) The orange part is where the airbrakes are except for FUranha one which I still not sure but I put it in anyway.

I assume everybody here are working on the same game which is Slipstream GX, am I right?

Rotational_aspect
17th February 2012, 06:49 PM
TypeProton: Now THATS what I want to see design wise, and I really love the more unusual designs (the asymmetrical and double decker stand out). Great work! I am really looking forward to seeing these brought into 3D.....make it so:rock:mr-t

I am being difficult as I am not working on a Wipeout game (my ships fly) but most of the people here are working on the same game. Between your ship designs and the nice menus there is a definite design style starting........bring it on!

TypeProton
18th February 2012, 12:59 PM
Thank you. But I can't make 3D models. :( I'll churn out bigger ship details later.

Also some of logos I've made starting with simple designs. There's a problem on font selection on my side which I need to think of it before getting Illustator files to you for use though.
[Labranth Modular Construction (http://i.imgur.com/bKLzS.jpg)]
[Terrafirma (http://i.imgur.com/PcYdO.jpg)]

edit : And can anyone do said 'design document'? So we don't have to search this long thread looking for guideline of what we're making.

rdmx
19th February 2012, 10:24 PM
@rdmx: I've just figured out what font you've use on this concept ^^ It's Bold Arial with size of 60 points, letter spacing reduced by 70 and letter width increased by 5% :P Now it's time for font used for game's name...
EDIT: Hmmmm, not as good as yours but I'm close: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/bcc3ddgsGjDS1WID7zgW15vKcBreqPaKGegrWrNQUJY?feat=d irectlink
Anyway, I've just noticed that u've used side gradient while I've used point one... and I couldn't find this font I was searching for xD Ok, so I can finally make this main menu work...

The font used was helvetica bold, but since it isn't a free font, arial is kind of close.

The logo was done with a font called 'kunstware'.

MyNameIsBom
20th February 2012, 08:47 AM
Will we be able to use this track in the game? ^.^ mag lock may be needed....
Track made by me, 3D modelled by Zero3 (https://picasaweb.google.com/106083964399065727105/WipeoutZoneTracksDesigns#5594407556105125826)

docfo4r
20th February 2012, 02:23 PM
I just read through this thread and I think all of your work is very awesome. I wish I could also help you out somehow but I don't have enough experiences in programming, modelling, or texturing I guess :(
The only computer-based thing I think I am good at is video editing, so I could create a intro video or a trailer when there are some in-game shots ready in the future.
I wish I could help you out somehow.

But I will follow this thread with excitement!

Oh and @MyNameIsBom & Zero3: The track looks cool, many details. But I like the first 3 pictures of that track in the nature even more. Would be something new compared to the latest Wipeouts, to race through jungle & green land. Good work :)

zero3growlithe
20th February 2012, 04:02 PM
@Bom: Well, I've messed up this track a little so remodelling it with different environment is needed :g
@GermanIstGeek & Docf4or: Well, you guys can make some nice movies/trailers if it's no problem 4 u ^^d

MyNameIsBom
21st February 2012, 02:38 AM
I wish I could also help you out somehow but I don't have enough experiences in programming, modelling, or texturing I guess :(
)

It doesnt matter if you can model or not, even i cant :redface:
i cant draw as well, all i do is just gives ideas and let the pros take care of it :D

Even track ideas help or even logos! Colour schemes or anything, im sure you have some talent that can be helpful to this project :g:+

docfo4r
21st February 2012, 04:21 AM
Wow, alright. Thank you :) When I have some more time by the end of this week, I will see what else I can do for this project!

Thx for the motivation :clap haha

feisar rocket
24th February 2012, 02:35 AM
Ah, zone looks se*y!
More people huh? Thats good!

I gotta do:
-make track description for cassandra
-make ship description for solaris (how bout manaka island.. where Pure is held)
-make track description for atlantica (if still using it...)
-post helios ship description...

That all?

P.S. Haven't seen F.E.I on lately... did you?

F.E.I.S.A.R
24th February 2012, 03:35 AM
Still here...just that I don't seem to be posting as often as I should...

feisar rocket
25th February 2012, 12:56 PM
F.E.I. saw first and he liked it

"Cassandra: Built into the luxurious fields and the green hills of Iceland. From Vahns peak (my own name (highest point)) down to the starting grid was built, directly on the shape of the earth... like the view?

Welcome to Cassandra"

like it?

zero3growlithe
25th February 2012, 02:36 PM
Too hard english for me xD but I'll add that maybe avoiding questions in descriptions would make them better :)

Anyway, I was thinking about relasing SlipStream GX to iOS becouse today's iPhone 4s (i own one) is really strong (i can say stronger than my netbook) and relasing this game (when completed of course) to iPhone would be quiet nice as controls would be easy ^^ (I only need to get Mac pc as I can't build this game on windows... I wanted to get anyway)

feisar rocket
25th February 2012, 04:30 PM
Too hard english for me xD ...avoiding questions in descriptions would make them better :)
Err, okay...

Too hard? That means it's good!

Dankuro
25th February 2012, 07:43 PM
That is the best description i've seen, better than the WOpulse ones.

docfo4r
25th February 2012, 07:53 PM
Cool description, I really like it.

Hey is there actually anyone who is kinda like "leading" this project or is having an overview of the tracks/track ideas/ships/ship ideas/race modes etc. ?

zero3growlithe
26th February 2012, 12:50 PM
Well, I can kinda call myself main programmer of this game (beside Rotational_Aspect which makes this game in Blender) but as for "leading" there is no one chosen (neo xD), everyone works their best and give different ideas which makes game more "random" (different styles of creations) and... better imo :) Just my thought.
Anyway... SlipStream GX's Main Menu is running, already working on passing values from screen to screen (Main Menu to Race and viceversa) but nothing if it comes to saving them on disk...

F.E.I.S.A.R
26th February 2012, 02:12 PM
Anyway, I was thinking about relasing SlipStream GX to iOS becouse today's iPhone 4s (i own one) is really strong (i can say stronger than my netbook) and relasing this game (when completed of course) to iPhone would be quiet nice as controls would be easy ^^ (I only need to get Mac pc as I can't build this game on windows... I wanted to get anyway)

Android hardware released around 2011 should also be powerful enough for a pocket experience. Or am I being overambitious?

Next,CrossPlay(gets shot)

feisar rocket
26th February 2012, 09:52 PM
Cross play!?
Sony would just steal this then...

Okay, atlantica track description (constantly being edited mentally... notice the difference F.E.I.?)

"Atlantica: floats in the air like the sol observatory, but over the Ocean. Replacing once dangerous but legendary track, Oddesa Keys.

Welcome to Atlantica"

Easier english this time right, Zero?

feisar rocket
26th February 2012, 09:59 PM
damned ps3 doesn't alow editing...
Atlantica: "Floats like the sol observatory, but over the Ocean. Replacing the once legendary but dangerous track, Oddesa Keys.

Welcome to Atlantica"

I so wanna add "with the wonderful country Japan, radiating, a few KM away.
Welcome to Atlantica" but i don't know where...

jesse9705
27th February 2012, 05:17 AM
I just had an Idea, What if the helios Logo Was like my original one, But With a Sun in between it, How is it?

feisar rocket
28th February 2012, 12:49 AM
I see!

A sunny "O" in Heli'O's
Or split it in half like what you said.

Man... new ship or track... please?
I can assault it with F.E.I.... maybe F.E.I...

P.S. Good idea, how R-Type Final has a ship musium (spelt wrong). How about a ship/track one in a "Extras" sub-menu?

And some god-like tracks to unlock... (like that track you made Zero.) Long with small pits... 2 pits to be exact, that's how long it should be... if you want, that's Zero/Xpand department... i'll hold my story section.

Oryx Crake
28th February 2012, 05:26 AM
hey mr. rocket how bout this "with the land of the rising sun on the horizon to the east" as in:

"Floating in the air like the Sol observatory, but over the Ocean, with the land of the rising sun sitting on the horizon to the east(/west/whereever you were thiking it would be in relation to the track). Replacing the once legendary but dangerous track, Oddesa Keys...

Welcome to Atlantica"

Though I'm thinking funny thing, isn't it a bit odd that you'd have "Atlantica" in the pacific hehe, not a critique just thought it was a funny thing.

Challenger #001
28th February 2012, 01:46 PM
Atlantica.

A skeleton tribute to the once legendary Odessa Keys, the floating track is devoid of the spray of its' much more dangerous predecessor, but the views and twists are spectacular. A favourite amongst both pilots and spectators alike.

Welcome. Hold on if you can.

Oryx Crake
28th February 2012, 03:29 PM
Thought I'd share my efforts!

I present to you, for your consideration: SAGE ltd. (http://media.wohdcup.sommarpojkarna.com/2012/02/sage-livery-present.png) with backstory by Challenger #001 which I'll let him present.

feisar rocket
29th February 2012, 01:20 AM
I like them... it sounds nice.
Oryx: thanks for putting that in. Yeah, I made it Atlantica is in pacific... It sounds nice thought... Atlantica in pacific :D

Challenger: Yours sounds too epic... seems more like a story than a description.
It seems so, much like a you're telling a descriptive philosophy (im into philosophy... so it's a complement).

Now the thread is quiet... let's drop a few Chuck Norr jokes.
Chuck is racing you all! Thats the reason why people are getting hit by random weapons... (corny :brickwall )

Oryx Crake
29th February 2012, 01:44 AM
yeah man I really don't mind atlantica being in the pacific I think the subtle hint to atlantis means it doesn't have to be situated in the atlantic neccesarily... hey now... that's an idea... Atlantis run, sister track to atlantica, sitting on the bottom of the sea with tunnels made of glass tunneling through rock and water alike, made at a deep sea observatory base... etc.

Also I'd like to ask is there a group or a site or something collecting all the stuff thats been done together in one place so that it's more easily survayable?

EDIT: Also here's another effort in conjunction with Chall say hello to CERN (http://media.wohdcup.sommarpojkarna.com/2012/02/Cern-stats2.png) yes that CERN in conjunction with old qirex employees disgruntled with tigron etc. well that's the idea anyways. kind of a tribute to and bridge to between the old and new qirex teams.

Aaaand... a work in progress called Ifreet (http://media.wohdcup.sommarpojkarna.com/2012/02/ifreetlivery1.png) could do with some work this I know but I'm liking where it's going so far.

Xpand
29th February 2012, 05:22 PM
Atlantica.

A skeleton tribute to the once legendary Odessa Keys, the floating track is devoid of the spray of its' much more dangerous predecessor, but the views and twists are spectacular. A favourite amongst both pilots and spectators alike.

Welcome. Hold on if you can.

LOL, Challenger, Orix, feisar... Go take a look at page 1 of this thread! xD
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?7584-Let-s-make-a-Wipeout-game!-This-time-for-real!

feisar rocket
29th February 2012, 07:06 PM
Huh? I don't get it Xpand... unless it's about a page full of Atlantica...

Erm, I will get side tracked for awhile, i got a GF without asking :brickwall, I think my cuz is trying to hook us up :brickwall ×2...

Xpand
29th February 2012, 07:13 PM
There was a track called atlantica already! Ahahah, it was my first track. I never got to finished because of how bad it was built, internally.

LukasXL
1st March 2012, 12:04 PM
Hello everyone !

I just discovered this project and it's seems to be very promising.

Actually I am also trying to do a Wipeout-Like game ... but for ImagineCup at the moment ^^"
http://ecogamedesign.wordpress.com/

But after that I hope it will be released and enjoyed by everyone !

Xpand
1st March 2012, 12:15 PM
For all the new people that come here, this is what we have so far:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlDwddu4a40

Oryx Crake
1st March 2012, 02:03 PM
Made a little website to keep track of everything SplitstreamGX Site (http://wohdcup.sommarpojkarna.com/links/splitstream-gx) I haven't made all the pages yet and there's a severe lack of material but it will be added to, as I get my hands on it. so if you want to contribute in the future I invite you to check the material on the site first to see what's needed and what already exists.

Germanistgeek
1st March 2012, 04:44 PM
@ Xpand : Thx for the video. I will maybe start to make a trailer during the weekend (if you agree).

Xpand
1st March 2012, 04:59 PM
Well, I can't really stop you from doing it, though I just ask you to leave it unpublished for a while since we only have a fairly basic system. I'd wait until zero is done with the menus and such.

Germanistgeek
1st March 2012, 05:02 PM
I'm OK with that idea. Can i try to make an autorun ?

For the video, i use VideoPad from NCH. Much better tha n Windows Movie Maker and very easy to use (compared with Adobe Premiere).

Xpand
1st March 2012, 05:05 PM
What's an autorun? I used Sony vegas to edit it. It took like 5 minutes since I wanted to focus more on the gameplay than on the artistic side of the video...

zero3growlithe
1st March 2012, 06:01 PM
Eeeeeeh... main menu? xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kc5qLxSKiQ (someone kick me so I can finish it before the end of the world xD)

btw. Adobe After Effects rocks!

Oryx Crake
1st March 2012, 06:12 PM
nice work there zero truly impressive

Germanistgeek
1st March 2012, 06:59 PM
@ Xpand : The thing that i call an autorun is a popup window that shows Some features like the ability to etablish some specific settings (for sound, graphics, etc...)

@ zero3growlithe : Great work !

feisar rocket
1st March 2012, 07:06 PM
I love it! It looks so se*y! Oh man... I was watching it thinking it was a legit game waiting for a race...

Oryx, site looks nice!
We make background stories and BAM! It's too much ;)

It feels so much like a real W'O atm!

(Yes ps3 can edit now!) Solaris ship description (I just put it together...)
(stats must be high accel)
Solaris:

What Solaris has with low armor makes up in acceleration...
Built based on the F7200 AG-SYS chassis, Solaris is... (thats all i got...)

Solaris slogan, HIGHER THAN THE SUN!

Xpand
1st March 2012, 07:07 PM
Eeeeeeh... main menu? xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kc5qLxSKiQ (someone kick me so I can finish it before the end of the world xD)

btw. Adobe After Effects rocks!

You can't believe how excited I am! I had to write the password like 5 times before I got it right!!!
THAT WAS AWEEESOMEEE!!!! AAAHAHAGHSAADADAFSGGAFAGGAFDSGS!!
I MEAN; REALLYYYYY!!
DAmn cool man!
If you want some modeling adjustments I can do something, but I think its perfect like that! Dayum man! That was epic!

zero3growlithe
1st March 2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks guys! Glad you like it :) Does this 'not really best done' music suits it?
@Xpand: If you think so, then let's leave it as it is (u have this model in project file I've sent you :) but I suppose it's maya file...)
btw. Which track description should I take for Cassandra u guys wrote to put in main menu? (Answer to below: Oki)

feisar rocket
1st March 2012, 07:21 PM
Cassandra only has mine atm Zero. :)

Cassandra: Built into the luxurious fields and the green hills of Iceland. From Vahns peak down to the starting grid was built, directly on the shape of the earth... like the view?

Welcome to Cassandra

Xpand
1st March 2012, 07:46 PM
Cassandra only has mine atm Zero. :)

Cassandra: Built into the luxurious fields and the green hills of Iceland. From Vahns peak down to the starting grid was built, directly on the shape of the earth... like the view?

Welcome to Cassandra

Mind if I burst your bubble? :g Cassandra is by the sea and it has palm trees! xD Can you put that in like mediterranean sea shores? I'm sorry, I should have mentioned it earlier...

feisar rocket
1st March 2012, 08:29 PM
Mind if I burst your bubble? :g Cassandra is by the sea and it has palm trees! xD Can you put that in like mediterranean sea shores? I'm sorry, I should have mentioned it earlier...

K...

Cassandra: Built with the luxury of being surrounded by lush palm trees and golden sands of the mediterranean. From Vahns peak (my own name (highest point)) down to the starting grid was built, directly on the shape of the earth...The horizon is on the left, like the view?

Welcome to Cassandra"

OR

Cassandra: Built into the luxurious fields and the crisp sands of the mediterranean coast. From Vahns peak down to the starting grid was built, directly on the shape of the earth... like the view?

Welcome to Cassandra

Killercrusher232
1st March 2012, 08:52 PM
When you start a race from that menu, a mini cutscene should play where the big doors open and the ship flies out like in the intro for Pure

F.E.I.S.A.R
1st March 2012, 10:44 PM
Helios:Taking it's design cues from the radical Le-Mans Prototype designs of the late 20th century to the early 21st century,the Helios ship is built for endurance to last on the track.

On a side note:Anyone seen my...track?

TypeProton
2nd March 2012, 01:23 AM
@Zero0 : DAT MENU. I'm speechless. What you could improve is make the scene more detailful and use brighter-cleaner theme.
I'm gonna scan my decal lineart (Didn't have time to do the full Illustator so it'll have to do) , some ships and post it tomorrow up for anyone to grap. I'm should be free at that time.

edit: What about weapon pickups? Use Wipeout HD format but add Force wall and Cloak?

feisar rocket
2nd March 2012, 02:06 AM
Type, in other words WO3 weapon system + Fusion + custom stuff (I remember the upgrading system you were talking Zero/Xpand)

Right now, this is the best time for this question. Is level of simulation in, or out?

Is zone mode in, or out?

P.S. Le-Mans = danger in NFS: S2U ;)
Nice F.E.I.!

TypeProton
2nd March 2012, 02:47 AM
mmm I happens to have my tablet with me btw. So why don't start now?
[AG craft 1 - High-thrust heavy combat type (http://i.imgur.com/u1bzQ.jpg)]
That little ball there is a rotatable camera. I wanted to give the cockpit 'enclosed' feel.
No, It still need some more decal on it.

After the fall of F9000, Old remnants of Goteki 45 from Manaka, pilots and engineers alike, begun creating their own new team and craft. Nobody is quite sure of the exact reason why this racing team with reputation of carnage everywhere they go decide to emerge at this very moment. Maybe because of the prize money that they eyed for, the thrist for destruction, or because they don't want to died down with AG Racing like many team that dissolved in F9000 scandal. Their craft stayed true to their combat-ready origin possessing high-thrust and heavy shielding. Takul and their M2-Tidal will be causing ripples throughout FX150, just like what their preceeder Goteki 45 did long time ago.

Slogan : The new wave

Stats :
Speed : 7/10
Thrust : 10/10
Handling : 7/10
Shield : 8/10

Anddd no, I don't like Goteki 45. I'm more of a Piranha guy :P

Rotational_aspect
2nd March 2012, 07:32 AM
Nice, TypeProton! Ironically I am going for the same look too- in my game, the ships pilots / onboard drone AI has to be protected from the high magnetic fields that allow the ships to float, so they sit in cockpits that have few windows and use external cameras to 'see'.

My only crit (which is petty for a sketch) is that the camera ball does not sit properly with the geometric ship. Have a look at helecopter gunships for reference to make things seem more 'seamless'. And I love the camo scheme....cool!

feisar rocket
2nd March 2012, 05:38 PM
Oh man! The more I think about it the better... It feels so legit!

Roles atm (trying to clear things up abit :D) :
Programers: Zero/Aspect
Music: Zero/Xpand
Ship designers: Xpand, Type
Track designers: Xpand (revive Atlantica!), Bom
Ship description: Challenger (is he staying??), F.E.I, me, Oryx (is he staying too?),
Track description: Me, F.E.I, Oryx, Challenger
Ship stories: Me, F.E.I, Oryx, Challenger.
Track stories: Me, F.E.I, Oryx, Challenger.
In game adverts: Day...?
Cutscenes: German
Advice: KillCrush. Seriously, it seems like you made some changes in us all, and in the game.
I'm missing a few, huh? I just wanted to clear things up... i was partly confused :brickwall

Hey, can I have a track name? (if any) So I can do something? If not, ehh just call me whenever?

P.S. Zero, I feel sorry for you, we give you everything in the end... leaving you with the most work.

Same for Aspect, you gotta do everything yourself.

zero3growlithe
2nd March 2012, 07:16 PM
P.S. Zero, I feel sorry for you, we give you everything in the end... leaving you with the most work.
Heeeee?? Why? I've chosen it myself and I don't think it's hard work, furthermore I think I have the easiest and most fun task here so no reason to feel sorry :g (btw. What I' making right now wouldn't be possible without you guys! This main menu wouldn't have such a good design if rdmx wouldn't have posted his great concept art!)

Hey, can I have a track name? (if any) So I can do something? If not, ehh just call me whenever?
U mean music track or Xpand's racing track?

Advice: KillCrush. Seriously, it seems like you made some changes in us all, and in the game.
???

feisar rocket
2nd March 2012, 08:32 PM
Hey, that's my opinion.

Yeah, a racetrack...

Xpand
2nd March 2012, 08:34 PM
Hey, zero, can you give me some of your ships so I can remodel and texture them?

Oryx Crake
2nd March 2012, 08:41 PM
well I'm staying rocket, and Chall has promised to give me a hand with the descriptions and stories of the teams I designed, but he's busy with a lot of schoolwork so he might be out for long periods of time.

In any case I'd like to have a definitive list of the tracks that are in the thing for now so I can begin on that section of the site

Also a little something just for fun: I felt like drawing something and it turned into a picture of a Solaris pilot (http://media.wohdcup.sommarpojkarna.com/2012/03/IMAG0083.jpg) hehe enjoy.

feisar rocket
2nd March 2012, 08:51 PM
Zero! Is it in? Last time I'm asking btw so don't worry.

Is Level of Simulation in?

P.S Oryx, that's raw! I wish I can draw people but no, I'm stuck with objects... and flowers :brickwall

At least you're staying...

zero3growlithe
2nd March 2012, 09:31 PM
Well, I can implement some features u told us about. It can be pretty fun as for example in some kind of challenge mode :g
(possible: engine overheating, shields down, some more complicated physics (well, ship can slide more, accelerate slower), running out of fuel if you overuse thrust xD or if you set too small amount of fuel before race to keep ship light... I've gone too far?

Oryx Crake
2nd March 2012, 09:34 PM
interesting alternatives zero you could try a few of em I guess? anyway do you know which of your music tracks are gonna be used in the game? cause I'd like to add them on the site :)

feisar rocket
2nd March 2012, 09:38 PM
Well, I can implement some features u told us about. It can be pretty fun as for example in some kind of challenge mode :g
(possible: engine overheating, shields down, some more complicated physics (well, ship can slide more, accelerate slower), running out of fuel if you overuse thrust xD or if you set too small amount of fuel before race to keep ship light... I've gone too far?

Oh yeah :)! And batteries, and weapons misfire! Don't forget that ;) (i sound so demanding...)
Hmm, so it's going to be in 3 levels?

zero3growlithe
2nd March 2012, 10:24 PM
Yeah, there can be 3 levels and I think it should be called just 'Simulation Mode'.
@Oryx: Hmmm, I do like these in background while racing:
Besside Heavens, Callterier G, ev. Flying High, Taiwan..., Sunshine Dragon, Fast & Furious (yeah, stupid name), and maybe Enzismo. http://soundcloud.com/zero3growlithe (not really the best for normal listening but in background they work well)
Xpand had some good tracks on his soundcloud but due to not enough free space he had to deleted them. (but i still have them on my PS3 :P) http://soundcloud.com/rbng-1

Xpand
2nd March 2012, 10:30 PM

If you need help with maths and physics just tell me. I have a very good knowledge of Newton physics (motion physics). I'm also learning classical mechanics for advanced calculations of forces and force fields.

feisar rocket
2nd March 2012, 11:06 PM
Flying high is already used as a name... are you aloud to use other names???

Oryx Crake
2nd March 2012, 11:29 PM
Ok Music (http://wohdcup.sommarpojkarna.com/links/splitstream-gx/music) list has been updated so that you can now listen to all the songs on the site :)

Xpand
3rd March 2012, 12:12 AM
Cool!
One more ship almost done!

Dusk118
3rd March 2012, 02:21 AM
That's freaking awesome, man. Can't wait to get into this game and use it. It's really nice to see my ideas come together like this. And yes, this team was my idea, though it was not expressed in this thread.

docfo4r
3rd March 2012, 06:41 AM
You guys made an awesome progress while I was away. Great!
The menu looks awesome and the ships also.

Good idea to add the physical damage level..
What I always missed in WipEout was some kind of an EMP weapon. For example: If you got shot, your hud is ****ed up for a moment, telling you wrong information and/or getting out of place and the crafts engine has problems for a few moments. Is it possible to program this or is it complicated?I have no idea about such stuff^^

Oryx Crake
3rd March 2012, 10:26 AM
tiny update: made another pilot picture (http://media.wohdcup.sommarpojkarna.com/2012/03/IMAG0084.jpg) I don't expect these to be entered into the game they're just for fun but I hope people like em. :)

TypeProton
3rd March 2012, 10:32 AM
[Advertising logos concept sketch (http://i.imgur.com/YwVii.jpg)]
Feel free to start placing these on your AG craft or tracks right now as I'm too busy with other things to do a vector version of it.
If you want more info of how the fictional company who own these logo is like, ask me.

@docfo4r That sounded like Pure's Disruptor Bolt...

Oryx Crake
3rd March 2012, 10:45 AM
@docfo4r: Or gravity stinger and bomb in fusion.

Xpand
3rd March 2012, 01:16 PM
Here's another tune. It can be for the time trial menu!
http://soundcloud.com/rbng-1/trial-run

And that's all for now... Gotta make a report on x-ray difraction.

TypeProton
3rd March 2012, 01:59 PM
@Xpand Epic piece of music sir. But I think if it is going to be used in-game the build up should be faster. Players could do one entire lap at that length. :/

Xpand
3rd March 2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks! But it's not for the racing itself. Just the selection menu! xD

docfo4r
3rd March 2012, 02:44 PM
Oh alright. Sorry I forgot to say I started with Wipeout HD. Didn't know it already exists. My bad.
But still it would be cool to somehow add a new kind of weapon. Something else than a fire weapon. Of course rare to get, not like a shield or turbo etc.
I'll think of something :)

Xpand
3rd March 2012, 03:24 PM
Hey, found a unity script for moving textures:
http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/28162/moving-textures-over-a-model.html
This is awesome for waterfalls and lakes, because you only need to texture a planar surface and add this script to get a neat effect, as long as the textures are good.

zero3growlithe
3rd March 2012, 05:32 PM
U can do the same with animation tool in Unity. I've already made whole track water-like some time ago... quiet awesome :dizzy

Xpand
3rd March 2012, 05:43 PM
Yeah, but that you have to animate it. With this it's automatic. You just add the script and voilá. And I'm not sure that unity animator animates UVW coordinates, like this does.

feisar rocket
3rd March 2012, 05:44 PM
I went to the dentist today and ran out of things to do so I made 2 track descriptions

"Atlantis Run: With one on top, one must be below. Through the many mines and catacombs, Atlantis Run is born

While the pilots echo through tunnels, fly over the underground city, and return to the surface, spectators can enjoy the lovely city, Atlantis.

Welcome to Atlantis Run."

"Delta Park:

It's cold eh?

Located in the barren land of the great north, Delta Park heats up Alert, Cananda (a legit city) with the newest and most intense circuits known to man. From the Queens Straight to Leo's Signal, Delta Park will strain both pilot and machine.

Are you ready for the white knuckle ride of your life?

Welcome to Delta Park."

So? How is it?

zero3growlithe
3rd March 2012, 06:31 PM
@Xpand: You can do anything with that. Just check or learn more about it before writing about it.
@Feisar: No idea how you can think of those nice descriptions so fast so it's rather awesome :o

Xpand
3rd March 2012, 06:46 PM
You're not following my line of thought... And you can't animate UVs in Unity's default animator, I've been reading about that... It's just a goddamn small script... You need save it and apply to the object that you want the TEXTURES (not the object) to move. I'm also trying to find a glow shader...

var scrollSpeed :float = 0.5;
var u : boolean = false;
var v : boolean = false;

function Update () {
var offset : float = Time.time * scrollSpeed % 1;
if (u == true && v == true)
{
renderer.material.SetTextureOffset ("_MainTex", Vector2(offset,offset));
}
else if (u == true)
{
renderer.material.SetTextureOffset ("_MainTex", Vector2(offset,0));
}
else if (v == true)
{
renderer.material.SetTextureOffset ("_MainTex", Vector2(0,offset));
}

}

It's working! :D Cassandra now has a moving sea! The only bad thing is that you have to stop to see it! Eheh

Oryx Crake
3rd March 2012, 07:02 PM
nice to see you picked up on my idea of atlantis run there rocket :D and that also gives me some ideas for design... I'm thinking a cross between this (http://thecia.com.au/reviews/c/images/city-of-ember-2.jpg) and this (http://www.scifitv.com.au/Content/Blog/Pictures/_525/SanctuaryPraxis.jpg)(the first pic is a screenshot from the movie "The City of Ember" and the second one is from the syfy series "Sanctuary")

feisar rocket
3rd March 2012, 07:40 PM
@Feisar: No idea how you can think of those nice descriptions so fast so it's rather awesome :o

Naw, your programming is awesome... that waterfall thing you/Xpand are talking about is awesome!

Np Oryx good luck!

Oryx Crake
3rd March 2012, 07:53 PM
hehe yeah I'll see what I can do, trying to learn dat 3d modeling at the moment so we'll see if I can actually pull this off. on a different note another pilot (http://media.wohdcup.sommarpojkarna.com/2012/03/IMAG0088-1.jpg) joins us. These are fun to do! XD

feisar rocket
3rd March 2012, 07:58 PM
Man how you draw so good!?

Writing descriptions... it's fun to me. (I failed english and thought they were bad... constantly :brickwall )

Oryx Crake
3rd March 2012, 08:04 PM
haha I've always liked drawing basically... found some tutorials about 10 years ago and started getting better... I dunno I just kinda do it ^^; but to be fair it's all about practice but thank you it makes me happy that people like em. :g

You quebecois? and I think your descriptions are good man they have imagination that's whats important.

feisar rocket
3rd March 2012, 08:11 PM
No, im african-american :D
Can you put a link to the SGX site Oryx? Thanks.

Yo! Zero! What's new in your "tree"?
Is there going to be a different language version? Me and Xpand (I think you speak...) can translate to French...

Oryx Crake
3rd March 2012, 08:34 PM
sure man http://wohdcup.sommarpojkarna.com/links/splitstream-gx there ya go :)

well I always did well in english but I almost failed swedish (I'm from sweden and born and raised all of that) so I think thats more about other stuff than how well you speak the language

feisar rocket
3rd March 2012, 08:51 PM
Oryx, what's the next site update going to be? Tracks, Teams or Credits?

Hey man thanks for the link!

Oryx Crake
3rd March 2012, 09:06 PM
hoping to get the tracks page going fairly soon, but I don't have a definitive list of tracks and that yet though. as for teams I know there are some in the works so that could very well be updated sooner.

feisar rocket
3rd March 2012, 09:15 PM
Cassandra for sure... Hopefully a revived Atlantica, followed up by Atlantis Run.

Xpand
3rd March 2012, 09:33 PM
Got the airbrakes working. More or less. They seem to have a small offset in the rotating axis because they don't rotate correctly along the hinge cut.

zero3growlithe
3rd March 2012, 09:40 PM
@Xpand: Maybe you read about older version of Unity which didn't have this feature?
Quick Video Tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l21dV-gsCgw) I've made a while ago...

Oryx Crake
3rd March 2012, 09:55 PM
hey lads I did some research on that waterfall effect thing, or rather I asked a game developer friend(worked at ubisoft til he decided to create his own company) I'll share the convo about it.

[22:17:40] Theodor Andrén: and I thought seeing as how you know this stuff probably better than anyone I've ever known might be able to shed some light on it
[22:18:14] twobloks: well depends what you want to do
[22:18:25] Theodor Andrén: I mean if you ask me this sounds a bit simple but on the other hand we only have so much space before it becomes a huge thing right?
[22:18:31] twobloks: if you want the water to act as an animation then you need an animation playing over your water
[22:18:50] Theodor Andrén: we were talking about it interms of stuff like...waterfalls, trees blowing in the wind that sort of thing
[22:18:59] twobloks: k
[22:19:17] twobloks: so if I understand exactly,
[22:19:24] twobloks: you want a water surface?
[22:19:44] twobloks: and you want to use a technique that could also possibly be used for waterfalls and trees?
[22:19:47] Theodor Andrén: the exact thing was a water fall in this case and then later who knows
[22:19:53] twobloks: ok
[22:20:08] twobloks: well waterfalls are generally done in 2 ways
[22:20:14] twobloks: that I know of
[22:20:18] Theodor Andrén: ok
[22:20:39] twobloks: either some light engine that renders how light refracts on the waterfall
[22:20:46] twobloks: and they use some sort of particle system for the waterfall
[22:20:57] twobloks: that's most likely highly overkill for you guys
[22:21:11] Theodor Andrén: yeah
[22:21:21] twobloks: generally waterfalls are a mesh that has an animated texture on it
[22:21:22] Theodor Andrén: only got one programmer that I know of
[22:21:47] twobloks: with some particle effects to simulate "water splashes"
[22:21:50] Theodor Andrén: ok so a particle effect would be an animated mesh too?
[22:21:59] twobloks: particle effects aren't really a mesh
[22:22:15] twobloks: generally they are a bunch of "billboards" or 2D planes that are facing towards you
[22:22:41] twobloks: they are generally very simple images that create cool effects when displayed multiple times
[22:22:44] Theodor Andrén: ok sort of like they did trees back in the early days of 3D games?
[22:23:03] Theodor Andrén: basically flat images that turn towards the camera
[22:23:16] twobloks: yes exactly
[22:23:46] twobloks: particle effects are like 50+ of those with small animations on them
[22:24:00] twobloks: small 2d animations
[22:24:11] Theodor Andrén: alright
[22:24:22] Theodor Andrén: I'm writing this down btw XD
[22:24:28] twobloks: lol kk
[22:24:45] twobloks: well if your friend wants to send me some emails he's welcome to
[22:25:05] twobloks: but I don't use unity so I can only tell you what I know from past experience
[22:25:11] Theodor Andrén: I'll tell him :)

A lot of this stuff is kind of beyond me but I think you guys might make something out of it

Xpand
3rd March 2012, 10:27 PM
Lol, Theo that's nice, but I know the way to do it! :D
Tell him we used moving textures (UV animation) to achieve that effect. That's how they did in Pulse. If you go around in Fort gale you can see that the waterfalls are nothing but a bent plane with textures moving.

Oryx Crake
3rd March 2012, 10:50 PM
aye I think it depends on where you want the stuff and how detailed you want it, that's what I got out of his explanation anyway. whatever the case he liked the alpha product and thought it looked really good so whatever you guys are doing it's right on track :)

feisar rocket
3rd March 2012, 10:51 PM
Cool!!!

ATM, I'm looking for some good, free animation software.. You know any?

Xpand
4th March 2012, 12:13 AM
One more for the collection:
Amphithere DA-14

Dusk118
4th March 2012, 08:19 AM
Try this:

Amphithere Engineering - Grace Within Turmoil
Model: Draco AM14
Origin: New German Empire
Formed: 2182

After the fall of the F9000 Racing League, German entrepreneur and former FEISAR pilot Leopold von Strauss formed Amphithere Engineering in 2182 with the sole purpose of keeping remnants of the AG sport alive. However, he did not want to completely abandon the team he held so dear, so with the help of FEISAR's commercial development branch, he created one beast of a machine that proved he loved the sport.

Appropriately named The Dragon, this ship soars with unmatched grace and ferocity. Despite meager shields and the lack of an outright top speed, the incredible handling allows the ship to navigate tight, twisting sections with ease, and the increase in thrust capacity makes it quick out the corners as well. Needless to say, this is one ship to keep an eye on.

Speed: ***
Handling: *****
Shield: ***
Thrust: ****

Xpand's modeling, my concept.

docfo4r
4th March 2012, 09:19 AM
Description sounds good and the ship looks great aswell. You guys are doing a great job at detailling.

Killercrusher232
4th March 2012, 10:39 AM
Cool!!!

ATM, I'm looking for some good, free animation software.. You know any?

Use Gimp, it's good for everything and it's free. Animation is done using a layer for each frame, just duplicate your layer and edit etc.

Dusk118
4th March 2012, 10:42 AM
He's not looking for a picture animation software. He's looking for a 3D model animation software, like for video games and such.

Xpand
4th March 2012, 11:38 AM
Here's a video of the water and WIP airbrake animation script.
http://youtu.be/fORPjxEHwoI
No one is questioning your experience with Unity zero! I'm just saying that, if I have one that works, why won't we use that one?
The airbrakes movement is scripted. I didn't use the unity animator...

Also I need you to export your models so I can remake them and texture them. So we are consistent with the ship's modeling and mapping.

feisar rocket
4th March 2012, 11:54 AM
Hey, if simulation is in, aren't some values missing? Like battery life, or cooling level?

Also, I remember Zero or Xpand talking about armor

P.S. Thanks KillCrush. :)

Xpand
4th March 2012, 12:24 PM
There are a lot of variables missing. It's not just the failures. We also need wind field effect, airbrake surface area, engine thrust-to-weight, etc. It's not hard to make. it's just a maths issue of finding and arithmetic function to combine all those into the game engine's default values.

feisar rocket
4th March 2012, 06:47 PM
Hmm... maybe I can make a formula...

Rotational_aspect
4th March 2012, 07:54 PM
If your physics model is realistic then most of the things you want are possible. Although I'm on a programming break (Mass Effect 3 coming and all) I managed to get my enhanced physics to work, which means I can connect objects to my ships so they react properly using 6dof constraints (similar to joints in Unity). For example, where I hang the payload will make the ship tilt backward or forward, both ship and payload now have a combined mass (so heavier payloads slow the ship automatically). Once the mass is set then I can tweak the top speed and acceleration values, along with general handling. So in essence the physics engine does most of the hard work.

Killercrusher232
4th March 2012, 08:51 PM
Does your physics engine simulate air resistance? When you hit a boost pad, what's going to slow you down?

Xpand
4th March 2012, 09:24 PM
that can be arranged with vi=-F/m*t (being vi the velocity increment above the maximum normal speed, F the resistance force we set for air drag (because calculating real air resistance for each of our ships needs a wind tunnel), m the mass of the ship and t the time used by the force to slow down the ship to the maximum normal speed, when vi=0m/s) At least that's how it works because, according to the 2nd newton's law: F=m.a (=) F=m.(v/t) (=) v=F/m*t and because we want our force to slow the ship down: v=-F/m*t

The turning force of the airbrakes can be calculated through the traveling velocity of the ship and the airbrakes' surface area when fully deployed. It's all about torque forces with that.

We basically only need newton's second law for the whole movement simulation deal. Even the anti gravity thing can be done with that with |F|=|Fg| being |F| the absolute value of the anti gravity force and Fg the gravity force that goes as |F|=G.(m.M)/(r^2) being M the earth's mass and r the distance from the ship to the center of the Earth. That would affect the ship's height depending on where the track was located in the Earth and if the levitating device had a constant output.

For failures you just need a time based random number generator and assign a variable to each number to simulate unexpected failures. You can use the rand() command to achieve that.

Rotational_aspect
4th March 2012, 10:04 PM
Do not forget that the position of the airbrakes would be important too: the closer they are to the axis of rotation the less they are able to turn a craft. So widely spaced brakes would be best.

In Unity, is there a feature that allows an offset linear force to be applied? I know in Blender this is possible and would be help in doing the above (or at least one way of doing it).

Xpand
4th March 2012, 10:10 PM
In unity as far as I know only rotation transform can be applied. No torque forces. But that can be fixed with the angular motion equation (theta)=(theta0)+(w*t)+((1/2)*alpha*(t^2)) being the theta the angle of rotation, theta0 the initial angle, w the angular velocity, alpha the angular acceleration that we can get through the tangential acceleration with alpha=(at)/r. being r the radius of the circle, that is, the lateral distance of the airbrakes relative to the longitudinal axis of the ship.

EDIT:
Unity does indeed use torque. That makes things much easier. I just need to apply a tangential force to the ship.

Vorpal-Knife
5th March 2012, 09:24 AM
Unity is pretty awesome - I would still apreciate if if you cold PM me the Hover algorithm your using - mine's pretty much:
Force Applied = ((targetHover - hoverHeight) * HoverCons)-(Damping / (HoverHeight - PrevHoverHeight))

This is applied at for points of the AG-Craft. It's good - but the Craft hops around like a Bunny Rabit at easter , fixxed on acid! - this is only after a jump mind. You have to stop, to get it to flatten out.

And you don't need to simulate Air-resitence - thats what drag is :D

zero3growlithe
5th March 2012, 10:20 AM
I have to emulate air resistance becouse ship was sliding very much so it made turning harder. I can post this code if you want.

Killercrusher232
5th March 2012, 12:55 PM
the Craft hops around like a Bunny Rabit at easter , fixxed on acid! - this is only after a jump mind. You have to stop, to get it to flatten out.

Yeah, I think the hover height needs to be more leanient or at least the closer the ship is to the ground the more force it uses to get it back up?

Rotational_aspect
5th March 2012, 02:08 PM
Why do you need to have the force calculated at four points? Would it be better to have a single height calculation via a -Z raycast (for the hover) and then check the normal orientation of the polygon returned using the ray?

Xpand
5th March 2012, 04:48 PM
Lol, what kind of fluid viscosity did you use? Olive oil? Just kidding. But yeah, it's kinda hard to have controllable AG-ships without cheating a bit on physics. The best we can do to make air drag affect through the ship's shape is look at the ship like it is standing on a spherical tire so it has some grip while turning.

EDIT:

Oryx Crake
5th March 2012, 10:59 PM
looking real good so far ric :)

TypeProton
6th March 2012, 12:55 PM
Everyday more progress, looking good!
So here's my new design :
[ENDer's Racing Initiative - BE-1 (http://i.imgur.com/uplvN.jpg)] A balanced craft (more like Harimau) of a straight up racing team.
[Takul - M2-Tidal (http://i.imgur.com/eGuvg.jpg)] Finalized version of AG craft I posted before.
[Myron Anti-Grav Research - Myron Blade (http://i.imgur.com/Iwaau.jpg)] Auricom-ish, both being a corporate team and in terms of stats.
[Red Orb - J20 (http://i.imgur.com/fWMQP.jpg)] Let a chinese business man buy what's leftover of Piranha before they moved to Brasil, combine it with top-secret aerodynamic technology meant for stealth fighter that nobody is quite sure where did he got it from and you get this. (Logo already designed, I just forgot to add it in)

I will post complete backstory, logo, AG craft's color for each team later.

Killercrusher232
6th March 2012, 01:06 PM
How about an overly american team with a ship inspired by a hotrod?

Dusk118
6th March 2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks for volunteering to sketch it for us. :P

Vorpal-Knife
6th March 2012, 03:27 PM
The designs are awesome. Just curious how you got the cool Digital sketch/Concept Art look? with a tablet?

EDIT : I'm doing so mods to CryENGINE for my Project now. Howful by the End of To Day I'll Have a Pretty Good 3rd Person camera setup for the Crafts.

Importing art is still a bummer though - Much prefer unity :D

Also, PLus, How about an iPhone/iPad Wipeout game. unity is flogging the Basic Versions of the Android and iPhone SDK for free (was £400 each!) I've got my license :D
Had some issues with Internel Server Error's - think there servers are abit overloaded because of the popularity :D

Oryx Crake
6th March 2012, 06:30 PM
maybe it's time we put a ceiling on ships? with type's designs we're up to about... 12 I think perhaps it's time to concentrate on tracks me thinks?

Also vorpal I don't know how type did it but I know there's a program called open canvas that is essentially made to emulate pens and pencils, it's very basic and I'm not sure it works on anything newer than Win XP but the way it emulates hand drawings is probably the best I've found yet (without any customization of tools and settings I should add)

Xpand
6th March 2012, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I agree with Orix. I'll make a few more and then it's just tracks. So get your track designs up, people!

I already have 3. Two on the making and one in my head.

TypeProton
7th March 2012, 12:03 AM
The designs are awesome. Just curious how you got the cool Digital sketch/Concept Art look? with a tablet?

Yes, I drew those with my tablet on Photoshop. The digital sketch look just carried over from my usual drawing style on paper.

feisar rocket
7th March 2012, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I agree with Orix. I'll make a few more and then it's just tracks. So get your track designs up, people!

I already have 3. Two on the making and one in my head.

Hmm... What are they called? And where are they ;)

Xpand
7th March 2012, 08:11 PM
Well, one is cassandra. The other is Draco Cavernae (Raptor1 already did the background story for this). The one on my head is located around a large rock in the middle of the desert, similar to Ayers rock, only with a city nearby. I don't have a name for it.

Killercrusher232
7th March 2012, 08:40 PM
Super Speedway on the Moon is definetly needed... In fact, a badass track would by a compact series of straights and sharp corners all on a spacestation (you'd get to go all out on angle changes, lighting, zero gravity etc)!

Xpand
7th March 2012, 08:42 PM
Don't forget that this is the FX-150 league simulator.

Killercrusher232
7th March 2012, 08:46 PM
The very first game had a track on mars, anything is possible!

Dusk118
7th March 2012, 10:44 PM
Not for an amateur league.

feisar rocket
7th March 2012, 11:22 PM
Well, one is cassandra. The other is Draco Cavernae (Raptor1 already did the background story for this). The one on my head is located around a large rock in the middle of the desert, similar to Ayers rock, only with a city nearby. I don't have a name for it.

Cassy yeah, Draco, (Raptor did background, how about description? Or is it in the same package?)

Now the rock... How about, (I keep thinking about Ice City for some reason...) Santos Ocean, or Bone Desert ( thinking about GTA:SA and los Santos came to mind)

That makes 4 or 5
Cassy, Draco, Atlantis, and unknown name (hopefully) atlantica.

P.S. KillCrush, he got the space center thing down... When it starts getting professional.

Xpand
7th March 2012, 11:28 PM
Atlantis? I don't recall such a track!?

Dusk118
7th March 2012, 11:43 PM
Draco, (Raptor did background, how about description? Or is it in the same package?)
Background IN the description. Here it is:

The hustle and bustle of the city streets has been replaced with lush greenery and cool mountain air. As a result, funding for a purpose-built track was severely lacking, forcing contractors to leave a segment of track completely unpaved. Once you return to the paved portion, however, don't let the gorgeous scenery distract you from the hairpin turn at the bottom of the hill.

feisar rocket
8th March 2012, 12:30 AM
Atlantis? I don't recall such a track!?

Atlantis Run... Oryx's track...

Killercrusher232
8th March 2012, 08:52 AM
P.S. KillCrush, he got the space center thing down... When it starts getting professional.

Eh, guess so, but a Speedway would be good never-the-less.

Xpand
8th March 2012, 12:17 PM
Hmm, must have been away during that time...

Xpand
10th March 2012, 10:49 PM
Hey zero! Any luck with that menu? Also I'm waiting for some of your ships to remake them!

I can't do much right now... I'm starting my mid semester exams and I oughta study so I can be more relaxed in the finals...

zero3growlithe
11th March 2012, 06:22 AM
Yeah, it's already finished. Now I'm working on something big and I'm planing to make this ship behaviour simulation real. I have some visions on how do I do that, also I have to change "begin race counter" skin to match my new "big thing" ;)
I'll send those ships u'r talking about when I get on PC although I don't know how do you want to make them prettier xd Only "Interceptor" is on good way to be nicer (I like Zepher as it is now, C-Distra is :turd).
https://rapidshare.com/files/1832167031/Interceptor.rar (Are you fine with *.fbx ?)

Rotational_aspect
11th March 2012, 08:52 AM
Look forward to seeing the menu, zero! I'm still designing mine. Since each ship in my game can have a weapon this means my menu has to cope with up to 192 variations per race position, but at the same time not flood the screen with buttons (which is a challenge).

feisar rocket
14th March 2012, 01:05 PM
I was just playing some Pure and I'm like "the delta tracks look so cool" now I'm thinking about making a track with parts from all four. Look at the delta tracks... Cool huh?

Xpand
14th March 2012, 06:13 PM
I would like the back story of this to be the same as Piranha in WO 2097. That mysterious team that had a superfast ship but no actual armament, though this one has cannons.
So, inspire yourselves in that and try to come up with short descriptions.
It has an rough polygonal shape, kinda like the F-117 and matte dark grey/black paint:
I drew a painted sketch of it:

Icaras666
14th March 2012, 09:58 PM
hello, having read thorough most of this, I think your project is very good and would love to see it come to fruition.
So I was thinking if there was anything I could do to help, descriptions maybe...

Killercrusher232
14th March 2012, 10:11 PM
Not much is known about the LOGOS Scientific Research Institute, or about how their craft is so well engineered. Rumours include connections to Area 51 or even just aliens...

Oryx Crake
14th March 2012, 11:51 PM
@Icaras666

hms hms... well I'm working on some character designs for the game:

Ifreet (http://media.wohdcup.sommarpojkarna.com/2012/03/ifreetpilotdone.png) - Character name Anisa Dima Story not even close to done here but me and a mate is working on it.
Amphithere (http://media.wohdcup.sommarpojkarna.com/2012/03/amphithere1.png) - This backstory is from what I understand pretty much done, He even has a name
Helios (http://media.wohdcup.sommarpojkarna.com/2012/03/IMAG0083.jpg) - No backstory or name at all
Solaris (http://media.wohdcup.sommarpojkarna.com/2012/03/solarispilotc2.png) - No backstory or name yet here either.

So if you feel like cutting your teeth on something you can give writing some stuff for that a go :) I'd focus on Solaris and Helios if I were you :) though to avoid confusion and such. the only thing you really need to know about the teams is that as of this moment we've kind of said that they're mysterious and that not much is known about the teams, this doesn't have to hold true for the pilots though, and they are respectively drawn to be of Mediterranean descent in the case of Solaris and southern Slavic in the case of Helios.

Best of luck to you :)

P.S. never mind the fact that it says Solaris on the jacket of the Helios pilot this is something that will change when I digitize it which I just haven't gotten around to just yet.

Dusk118
15th March 2012, 01:45 AM
Ok, I have decided to take upon myself the task of creating each team's backstory and character bio. Some of it branches off of the history of the WipEout series, as you'll find in most, if not all the backstories, but a lot of the work comes from my head. I will never make things official until the team creator approves of the description I came up with. Therefore, if you have ideas for a backstory for your particular team, hit me with what you have in mind, and I'll create it for you. If you do not have a pilot name, give me your real name and the team's country of origin, and I will generate one for your lead pilot.

Amphithere (http://bnsfcam.deviantart.com/art/Splitstream-GX-Amphithere-290395274)
Cern (http://bnsfcam.deviantart.com/art/Splitstream-GX-Cern-290382891)
Helios
IFREET (http://bnsfcam.deviantart.com/art/Splitstream-GX-IFREET-290383226)
Logos (http://bnsfcam.deviantart.com/art/Splitstream-GX-Logos-290386010) *tentative*
SAGE (http://bnsfcam.deviantart.com/art/Splitstream-GX-SAGE-290383385)
Solaris

@Icaras666, The only thing I can really think of off the top of my head is that we need more tracks. Xpand's currently modeling ships, but the tracks are next, so go ahead and try your track designer skills.

Icaras666
15th March 2012, 04:35 PM
cool, I'll have a go at those.
Also, since Oryx said the teams are rather mysterious, maybe the Helios pilot could be a descendant or clone of Paul Cheung, who Helios bought off EG-X, because he kinda reminds me Paul's Fusion concept art, but without the augmentations.

Xpand
19th March 2012, 12:01 AM
Just a preview of the next track...

feisar rocket
19th March 2012, 01:30 AM
Well, I'm starting to do alot; results screen, fx-150 logo... 3 tracks and, y'know how in the results screen in pure... When you get a metal the way it loads up is cool... Outer then inner... Now I might make a animation showing how it should load up... (first arrow, then line down middle, then second layer, then split first layer)

So... Is that good for every one? Maybe even a track description or two...

Track plans are either
a) a massive, nurburging length track (if u can) about 33.5 km made up of all pure tracks broken apart in sections (28 tracks (alpha, beta, gamma, delta, classic 1&2, zone)

or b) all delta tracks (nicely balanced with speed and complex moments (irida ftw!)).

Or c) Atlantis run long version (goes straight into the catacombs before reaching Atlantis City) about a 3 km increase to the original sketch.

TypeProton
19th March 2012, 09:12 AM
[Something to slate your boredom while I'm studying for exam (http://i.imgur.com/Z1TgU.jpg)]
edit : [Have another one. (http://i.imgur.com/gIeX5.jpg)]

stin
19th March 2012, 09:44 AM
Wow!, that`s awesome flu you have!:+ similar goteki 45 design!

stevie:)

feisar rocket
19th March 2012, 10:01 PM
KK FX-150 logo.... doesn't look as good as I drew but u get the point...

that ship looks like the pure go-45... but flatter :D

KK after some heavy editing i got the picture under the limit... Atlantis Run, short/west circuit...

woah... that quick Oryx!? :)

P.S. just looked at Main menu and saw Vector was missing... that has to go in to fit story because Flash was the new speed class :)

P.S.S. nice so far Xpand!

Oryx Crake
19th March 2012, 10:50 PM
ok rocket I did a digitalization of it HERE (http://media.wohdcup.sommarpojkarna.com/2012/03/fx-150.png)

MyNameIsBom
21st March 2012, 09:04 AM
Wow this project now has so many people working on ^.^ Sorry ive been under the radar lately, Exams and assessments are overloading me with work... i hardly even have the spare time to socialise with my mates...

Will you be needing another team? :P
How about another track? xD

Looking forward to the beta :D

Icaras666
21st March 2012, 12:18 PM
I thought maybe we could have tracks that use remnants of F9000 ones, like the spiral bit on Cubiss Float 3

feisar rocket
21st March 2012, 07:49 PM
Can't... Need a mag-lock script...

Xpand
21st March 2012, 08:44 PM
Actually we can do it. I already have one in mind with a downward bent corkscrew section in it. We only have to fly with a certain minimal speed and everything goes alright. The rest is just basic physics to make the track section the right shape...

Oryx Crake
22nd March 2012, 09:41 AM
perhaps reversed speed pads that you have to hit to get through the downward part effectively?

zero3growlithe
22nd March 2012, 09:02 PM
Can't... Need a mag-lock script...
Just make track which needs it so I'll have reason to write those 2 lines of code :P For now I'm studying jet engine construction and jets overall so I can build at least a little "real" like ship to script and test so this symulation thing will actually get place in Slipstream GX ^^:+ Still I don't know how real anti-grav ship can turn without rolling up-side down :dizzy (or at least I can't imagine)

Xpand
22nd March 2012, 09:14 PM
Well, if you imagine the levitating device being constantly perpendicular to the Earth's gravitational lines. Then you just had to make the ship bank around the levitator:
The red line is the levitating device plane section and the blue lines are the gravitational field lines.
That way it would be limited by the angle set for rotation by the on-board computers.
Jet engines, in principle are very simple. Where you can get more failures is in the mechanics and materials of it: Bird Strikes on the blades (if the craft has a fan jet engine, because there are Pulse-jet engines that do not need fans), refrigirating systems, metal fatigue, etc... I've been learning about jet engines for 6 years now, because of Flight Simulator. xD

Rotational_aspect
23rd March 2012, 07:45 AM
A theoretical antigravity ship would probably be more like the Harrier jump jets 'puffer jets'- instead of having all the vessel being used as a repulsor you would have specific points underneath the body that push down (like on each corner to maintain stability). So to pitch up, the forward repulsor increases power, while the rear repulsor powers down.

Also, engines have a maximum power output rating that dictates the engines lifespan. If an engine runs at a higher thrust setting it will naturally wear out more quickly (for example looking at long haul airlines like Quantas and an A380 engine that exploded).

Xpand
23rd March 2012, 11:16 AM
I though of that too Aspect, but here's the thing: if they're anti-grav ships, they are in an levity state. If you apply a longitudinal torque to it in a way that it changes it's position relative to the ground you have to be constantly "puffing" to maintain it controled, not to mention that if the anti-gravity device not 3D (same output force in all positions) you will have the ship dropping when you bank it. The puffing would be efficient in yaw motion, though... That's how you could turn without airbrakes.

Rotational_aspect
23rd March 2012, 12:22 PM
This is interesting!

You could go the other way and think of any AG vessel like a helicopter- to go forward you angle the rotor forwards (i.e. tilt the ship forward) and this makes the ship drift forwards....or to turn you would have horizontal repulsors that push in opposite directions (like the reaction thrusters on spacecraft): e.g. to turn left, the front repulsor points right, and the rear one faces left (thus twisting the ship).

I imagined each puffer always readjusting anyway (each would not be fixed, but on a gimbal to aim it like vector thrust) so a sharp bank will have some repulsors facing down (to maintain buoyancy) and others to tilt the ship / propel it forwards. Obviously there would be more than four thrusters in this scenario: one would always point 'down' while the others would do the thrusting/ manoeuvring.

I know with my game I was going to have the racers flying within a magnetic bottle /mirror (like a giant torus or tube), or have generators that make a region 'flyable'.

Oryx Crake
23rd March 2012, 02:24 PM
I actually always imagined it working sort of like quantum locking (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws6AAhTw7RA) with the AG generator essentially being a disc or some shape with the same properties where turning occurs due to the the motion and control surfaces much like it works in a regular aircraft. kinda like they tried to do in fusion with not so lovely results design wise, which is why the way I rationalize it they haven't included animations for such things. Just my thoughts anwyays

Xpand
23rd March 2012, 11:06 PM
The quantum locking is the basis for my idea above. The levitating device is static while the ship banks and pitches around it. The actual yaw turning is achieved by jet bursts, like Aspect said...

Dusk118
25th March 2012, 04:06 AM
But then how would you get that to work on tracks that don't have an actual track underneath the ship? Wouldn't the absence of it cause the ship to drop to the ground, rendering it immobile?

Xpand
25th March 2012, 11:07 AM
That won't be a problem since this is an Anti-Gravity ship, not a magnetic bsased Quantum lock. The ship uses the Earth's more or less constant and omnipresent gravity field to stay aloft.

Dusk118
26th March 2012, 09:49 AM
Gotcha.

Killercrusher232
27th March 2012, 12:59 PM
Science, but not as we know it...

feisar rocket
30th March 2012, 11:02 AM
Do you know what Mount Panama is...? It's a steep course, running up a hill and back down. That is my idea. Start low, race high reversed. Atlantis Run east is based on mount panama (the race track). So the complete atlantis run is about a 3 min lap.

Is it too long?

Xpand
30th March 2012, 11:31 AM
Yes, yes it is. Normal laps don't take more than 30 seconds, if played properly, this in a 5 km track. A 3 minute lap at max speed is as exhausting as a whole wipeout phantom race. One thing we could do is make that like a point A to point B race. Like in rally courses.

Xpand
2nd April 2012, 06:19 PM
So, that track I was talking about in the canyon. It would have a section like this:
Only it goes underground inside the canyon walls, comes down almost vertical and levels down underground.

In case you're curious, here's a video of the rollercoaster:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApA3-kPAZwA

zero3growlithe
2nd April 2012, 07:46 PM
Now you made want to ride on a rollercoaster xd As for your image of new track it sounds interesting :D One day i had nice image of a new track but i somehow lost it when i was making it in 3D so i don't know if it will look nice now... (classic)

EDIT: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Somebody take this fkin Unity from ahead of my eyes!!! This s*** is damn annoying! It hangs when I'm moving with just a f**** scene camera and newest version requires to reimport all fk**** assets again and it is fk*** not working as it should becouse scripts are fu**** up and textures are not assigned to objects! F*****!
Wow... now I can't even run this sh** anymore.... GAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Rotational_aspect
4th April 2012, 09:04 AM
I'm sorry for your troubles, Zero- sometimes new versions of Blender throw in some gremlins.

Out of interest, what has changed with newer versions of Unity? I assume from your problems the API has changed.

zero3growlithe
4th April 2012, 11:05 AM
Well, for now i've only noticed that particle system has a lot more options and it's really cool now, and there is some mesh nav thing and i don't know what it is for xd Aside for that there is one problem with importing new models which are not in *.fbx format so i have to export them manually :/ Oh, and scripts seems to work now :) Somehow...

feisar rocket
4th April 2012, 09:14 PM
Unity 1, Zero... erm 0 ;)

I did some concept art in a lecture...

One question, is there any bridge on the track, Xpand?

Xpand
5th April 2012, 09:36 PM
I haven't though about it in detail. I only have a vague idea of the track...
So I got bored of studying calculus and added a bit more detail to the draco cavernae track:

While I don't come up with ideas to finish Vinet... Ahem... Cassandra...

feisar rocket
6th April 2012, 06:09 PM
I made a drawing of one Xpand this picture
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6013&d=1333661763
But just at the crossover since you didn't put detail. I put my own in :)

F.E.I.S.A.R
7th April 2012, 02:11 PM
@Feisar Rocket:How's my track coming along? If it is not done yet,I don't mind it being "DLC"