PDA

View Full Version : (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15

Xpand
22nd August 2012, 02:28 PM
A moment of silence for Studio Liverpool...
Let's hope the team notice us so they can give us a hand, in any way they can...

And yeah, anyone can make their concept ships.

Amaroq Dricaldari
22nd August 2012, 02:33 PM
I'll make them want to take revenge on those who "bully" them :g Maybe I can add them some memory too so they'll remember you so u better be careful ^^:+

Oh crap, I hope Studio Liverpool doesn't get any ideas from you. Maybe bossing around that Qirex isn't such a good idea afterall...

@Amaroq hmm yeah no-one new at the moment but I see we are moving forward anyways :)
And about the weapon animation. Ok, I agree something technical like a missile could be explained a little better but I wouldn't try to input as many technical terms in one sentence as possible. Imagine a 14yrs old will play this, he just won't care for that stuff^^

Ahem... 'Funny' that you should mention 14 Year-Olds...
But I will let you off the hook just this once.

Maybe you guys also read about the sad news that SL has been closed.

You know how much I am willing to bet that you're wrong? Because several people have already been talking about a game they are working on that isn't WipEout.

docfo4r
22nd August 2012, 02:59 PM
Alright, then I'll hand the list over now to be recorded.
Cleaned up the G-Docs a liiittle bit.

BTW For everyone who wanna participate on the meeting if it takes place, please don't forget to add us up on Skype or tell us your ID.

F.E.I.S.A.R
22nd August 2012, 03:08 PM
Ahem... 'Funny' that you should mention 14 Year-Olds...
But I will let you off the hook just this once.
Guess what...I'm 16,and I'm taking the GCE O Level this year. Seems like details is something ALL subjects are looking for one way or another.

AG-SYSTEMS
22nd August 2012, 03:09 PM
You know how much I am willing to bet that you're wrong? Because several people have already been talking about a game they are working on that isn't WipEout.

Well, you've lost. It's been confirmed all over the place. Eurogamer has a article about it.

Amaroq Dricaldari
22nd August 2012, 03:31 PM
Do you think you could link the articles?

Oryx Crake
22nd August 2012, 03:38 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-22-sources-sony-liverpool-was-working-on-wipeout-ps4-and-a-splinter-cell-style-game-for-ps4

&

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-22-sony-closes-wipeout-developer-sony-liverpool-report

Hellfire_WZ
22nd August 2012, 03:41 PM
How about the massive thread that's going on in the Off Topic forum? Or the majority of online news sites carrying the full statement from Sony? Or the Twitter accounts of some of the developers talking about how they've just lost their jobs? There's plenty of evidence. It's happened.

Any further discussion on this topic should be done in the approriate thread.

Oryx Crake
22nd August 2012, 03:45 PM
What hellfire said but if anything I feel that this piece of news makes SSGX somehow even more important... I don't know if you would agree but I feel as if ssgx is now somehow the spiritual successor of wipeout in many ways...

Amaroq Dricaldari
22nd August 2012, 03:47 PM
The good news is, I guess this means we can use the original teams.
I'm think I'm going to take a break so I can 'digest' this information and deal with the dark truth. Expect to see me again in a few days.

docfo4r
22nd August 2012, 06:19 PM
Well I don't think we can use the original team for several reasons:
-> It still might be a copyright issue.
-> It might confuse gamers. And they think like "They are trying too hard to create a new Wipeout", because, in all respect, but I think SSGX won't be better than Wipeout HD for some random gamer.
-> I think it's cool we have our own teams. We spent time and discussed and created, so it's our own work & creation. I think it's better than just copypaste what others have done before.

And besides, if we ever create a SlipStream 2, we can use our teams again, maybe add some others like your team ;)

And Oryx is right. It's our job now to make sure racing like this is still possible. We clearly have some Wipeout stuff in our game [same speed classes, some pickups are the same, weapon & turbo pad, some race modes are the same]. Haha of course I don't wanna sound like "we create the future of Wipeout", but let's see it from another side: We all played & play Wipeout, we're coming from maybe the greatest Wipeout forum and we are an awesome team, everyone has something he can do best! I am sure SSGX will be a success, maybe not a success for around the world, but at least for us to keep the spirit alive!

Amaroq Dricaldari
22nd August 2012, 06:23 PM
Please, say no more of Ti-Khana. It is pretty obvious they're never going to make it.

Besides, what about the planned FX-300 Vineta K ending? Where the final race in the in-game storyline is also the first FX-300 race?

Xpand
22nd August 2012, 07:03 PM
I'd love to make Vineta K, but even Porto Kora with all the visual helps, plus track layout, is proving to be a very hard job...

Airrider
22nd August 2012, 08:03 PM
It's our job now to make sure racing like this is still possible. We clearly have some Wipeout stuff in our game [same speed classes, some pickups are the same, weapon & turbo pad, some race modes are the same]. Haha of course I don't wanna sound like "we create the future of Wipeout", but let's see it from another side: We all played & play Wipeout, we're coming from maybe the greatest Wipeout forum and we are an awesome team, everyone has something he can do best! I am sure SSGX will be a success, maybe not a success for around the world, but at least for us to keep the spirit alive!

Couldn't have said this better myself. I'm awaiting results myself-there's a bit of a draught for futuristic racers nowadays...

Amaroq Dricaldari
22nd August 2012, 08:14 PM
We're going to make Sony take the Lemons back!

Xpand
23rd August 2012, 12:08 AM
So I thought of a way to make those side engines flames appear and fade out when you go over the speed pads... I'll explain it tomorrow, gotta go to bed now! xD

Airrider
23rd August 2012, 12:24 AM
I'm probably going to sound like a massive idiot for asking, but have we got the ion trails?

zero3growlithe
23rd August 2012, 06:33 AM
Well, those we have actually are more like engine gas or something than ion trails we know from Wipeout cos i can't manipulate with poligons in-game to make this trail bend a bit further than totally at the beginning which will make effect of thrown out of engine plasma :g
@Xpand: Good luck on flames :) But as for activating them, there is collider on each speed pad with corresponding tag so u can use it.

TypeProton
23rd August 2012, 08:21 AM
Another WIP.
[Hubian - pavilion run 2 - work in progress (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/pchalalai/Slipstream%20GX/SSGX_TRACK_Hubian_03_wip.jpg)]
I'm feeling down about my digital painting skill at the moment. But this will not stop me. Homeworks do.

dreadofmondays
23rd August 2012, 09:26 AM
That's a fantastic sketch. Could definately see something being made from that.
Also, the Sprite set of pickups is done, and you can see it here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/94454272/Pickup%20Sheet%20-%20Sprites.jpg
Since they aren't in game yet, I had no idea what some of the weapons might look like and I had to improvise a bit. XD This can be corrected once those weapons come online.
You can download the images from here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/94454272/Pickup%20Images.zip
They are all 512x512, transparent PNGs. It might be helpful to sort them into PickupImages/SpritesTheme/images.png when using them in Unity, because more folders will appear in the future.
They are around 128 kbs each, but feel free to flatten them if you need to save file space. :)

Xpand
23rd August 2012, 11:24 AM
Well, those we have actually are more like engine gas or something than ion trails we know from Wipeout cos i can't manipulate with poligons in-game to make this trail bend a bit further than totally at the beginning which will make effect of thrown out of engine plasma :g
@Xpand: Good luck on flames :) But as for activating them, there is collider on each speed pad with corresponding tag so u can use it.

All I need from you is that you make a script that activates a UV moving action of the burner's texture when you go over a pad and then resets the UV offset by moving backwards.

Here's the video example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2QNfXejMIw

docfo4r
23rd August 2012, 01:49 PM
@TypeProton Thats a really nice sketch you have there. I see a total 90° double curve ahead? If the track stays this small, it'll definitely be one of the hard-to-beat ones. But I love the ambience, I hope your idea will make it into the game. Oh and I had to laugh, can I by some oranges @ the market on the left? xD

@dreads: Dude!!!! That is one awesome collection of pickup symbols. I really really love them! Also, good thinking to make them with transparent background, very helpful for my videos aswell. Again, give you some feedback:
-> Actually, I am positivly surprised haha. Even the sheet itself is great again. I see, things like these are awesome for our website.
-> The mines symbol... It has 5 stars but as far as I know only 4 mines can be deployed. But that's not a big deal :) Same for the rockets: We decided to shoot only two rockets to have some difference from Wipeout, but I don't think it matters that much.

Again, I really have to say: Great job!

BTW: I'll save most of the WIP content from now on from all of you [pictures+videos+sketches mainly]. So whenever we finish the game, we could include them as unlockables, you know, looking at some WIP stuff has always been a fun thing to do for me :)

zero3growlithe
23rd August 2012, 07:50 PM
@Xpand: How about just changing scale of "fire object" so it would be more dynamic like this fire I've just made: ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuluk5aJMJw&feature=youtu.be )
I mean go from 0 scale, Lerp to 1 where make it random at set range and Lerp it back to 0?
btw. How do you like it? (on video it is size when ship is moving)

Xpand
23rd August 2012, 08:03 PM
Lol, that actually looks much better... Actually, that is the way they made the flames in the '95 Wipeout.... Only they pulled on the tip vertex of a pyramid to stretch and wiggle the flame...
Okay, let's go with that. Can you give me the texture you used on the flame so I can make some other types just to try and give it a more exotic look?
You think you can make that also appear on the side thrusters when you go over a speed pad?

We also have to work on those sparks... Blue thick particles don't look too natural IMO...

zero3growlithe
23rd August 2012, 08:07 PM
Sure, no problem, just send me texture to your small flame cos we need some variety too :P

Oryx Crake
23rd August 2012, 08:45 PM
because I'm home alone and have nothing better to do tonight I've been playing around with the idea of prototype ships

here's my first idea for an ifreet prototype

docfo4r
23rd August 2012, 08:55 PM
Sweet, I like it!

Hey haven't heard anything from the Basin Park tracks for a while ;)

Oryx Crake
23rd August 2012, 09:20 PM
yeah I haven't had the gusto or the time to work on it lately plus I really need to study texturing a bit before I can continue... I mean I could hand that over to someone else who would be willing to do the texturing but yeah before we figurte out the textures there isn't a whole lot more I can do with it tbh ^^;

Xpand
23rd August 2012, 09:47 PM
Hey Hey! Christmas came early this year! Sort of! xD

Also, Amaroq asked me to put this up:
http://www.moddb.com/members/amaroqthewolf/images/ti-khana-concept-art

Oryx Crake
24th August 2012, 12:04 AM
CERN prototype design:

dreadofmondays
24th August 2012, 08:14 AM
Had a look at Xpand's deviantart page (at least I think it's his) http://threedmaniak.deviantart.com. It's got a lot of nice renders and wallpapers that we might be able to put onto the site. :)

docfo4r
24th August 2012, 12:11 PM
The CERN prototype looks great. Just need to round it up a little bit I think :)

dreads, yeah you're right. We need a section on our website to download stuff like wallpapers... But I wouldn't put too much stuff there yet because I think concept stuff does not belong there [rather a bonus to unlock in the game itself] and we only have one track and some ships done, no special FX, no weapons etc.
But I like your idea!

Oryx Crake
24th August 2012, 08:42 PM
Made a start on modeling the myron blade 6629663166326633

Xpand
24th August 2012, 08:43 PM
I made a quick sketch of what might be the ship used on the first race in Porto Kora:

What do you think?
It's supposed to be like the Honda Civic or Nissan Skyline of AG ships: A pretty common, cheap and easily tuneable all round ship for the begginers...

hailstorm
24th August 2012, 08:47 PM
Might we see this on OUYA?

Oryx Crake
24th August 2012, 09:09 PM
whats OUYA hail?

Xpand
24th August 2012, 09:26 PM
I believe it's a new console. But Unity doesn't have a compiler system for that... So, no...

docfo4r
24th August 2012, 09:51 PM
The ship is nice Xpand.

So, do I understand it right that we will have some sort of "entry" race with prototype ships. And these ships cannot be selected in the racebox & won't appear on the campaign again aswell? Maybe unlock them by completeing campaign or a special task. Oh, and for the campaign: Is it like the player will select his ship and has to stick with it unless he can buy something better, or free ship selection like in Wipeout?

And one more question from a Unity-noob^^ I saw that when you launch the demo, a box will appear asking you for video & input options. Will the final release be like this aswell? Or will it start immediantly and I am able to customize controls in the ingame menu?

Xpand
24th August 2012, 10:16 PM
Well, I was thinking of having all the 8 basic teams in free race events (single race, time trial, etc) and then having the player unlocking the ships in key campaign events... The prototype stage would be like the last campaign event, which would unlock all of the prototype ships...

About the start menu of the demo, that's a default unity thing... It appears in every game compiled with it. At least with the free version...

docfo4r
24th August 2012, 10:30 PM
Alright, I see.

Good idea about the ships thing!
BTW: I will render each pickup with a different camera angle, one that fits to the current range of action. But in each clip the camera movement itself is kept pretty simple, so nobody will become dizzy after watching the vids in a row^^

Oryx Crake
24th August 2012, 10:49 PM
some small redesigning and tightening up of the myron blade: 663466356636

F.E.I.S.A.R
25th August 2012, 06:02 AM
Will we be overbuilding the start grid? If we are going to see all teams in the foreseeable future,will the grid be long enough for the latecomers to make the full grid? Wipeout HD and Pulse had the inability to accomodate all teams.

Oryx Crake
25th August 2012, 06:09 AM
there will only be 8 teams at any given moment as far as we know now, it's possible to change that I suppose but generally speaking we shouldn't need more than that. although thats a point to discuss I suppose.

hailstorm
25th August 2012, 12:20 PM
I believe it's a new console. But Unity doesn't have a compiler system for that... So, no...

https://twitter.com/playouya/status/222764652474544128

Unity is a launch partner so sooner or later they should be releasing support for it. For anyone who doesn't know anything about it. It's a new android based console. They raised $8.5m on kickstarter. It's due to launch March 2013. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console

Oryx Crake
25th August 2012, 05:07 PM
damn... yeah it would be cool to have ssgx on there but... the closer we get to releasing this thing the more I get concerned that we have to remove any mention of wipeout especially if we're going to compete on the same market (even if we don't make any money from it releasing the game on ouya would mean that the Ouya is competing with ps3 and vita with a game based on the same principles and style of play... not to mention style of graphics etc.) sony might not take to kindly to that so before we decide anything of the sort we really have to´... well probably talk to sony about the game and how they will act if we release it on Ouya or steam or something like it.

Also playing around a bit with the myron: 6637

Xpand
26th August 2012, 04:29 PM
To release on OUYA we have to have at least one of those consoles for debugging...
3D model of the ST116 on the way.... Give it one or two days 'till I finish it, if everything goes well...

Oryx Crake
26th August 2012, 04:41 PM
loving it xpand should we start designing some liveries? I could take a look at that if you send me a top down view I'm thinking maybe 5-8 different liveries, waddaya say?

Xpand
26th August 2012, 04:51 PM
You can use the blueprints. They aren't 100% exact, because I had to make a slight change in the width of the craft, but it's just a slight adaptation.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/237/5/0/509a49acb28d03b46d2d82662ab99c97-d5ce5wq.jpg
Just keep in mind that this is supposed to be a public access ship, like a sports car, only "tuned" for illegal racing. So sponsors aren't really what we're looking for here, and flashy paintschemes are also a big no-no. That's ok for expo tuning cars (or ships in this case), but for illegal racing you want to keep a low profile.

Oryx Crake
26th August 2012, 05:26 PM
Yeah I was thinking at most some stripes or stuff like that that street racers add to their cars no fancy pantsy stuff really just colors to distinguish the ships from each other. Sorta like this: 66416642664366446645664666476648

docfo4r
26th August 2012, 05:26 PM
These are the prototype ships? Sorry for being a little confused^^ Maybe you and Oryx can add up your curren WIP ship models to the Gdocs and label them as prototypes or whatever they are, would be nice :)

An rendering Phantomizer right now. But it will take much longer than any other renderings I have done so far since I have transparent ship effects etc. going on there.
Oh and Dread is creating models for the weapons, like missile, rockets etc. during the next time. Had a chat on Skype with him recently.

@Oryx yeah same here. The ship shouldn't experience an overload of decals & stuff like a NASCAR-car, would too much look like some sort of commercial racing. Maybe apply the team logo of course but not many other stuff.

Xpand
26th August 2012, 05:50 PM
This is the first ship to use in the campaign, lol... Like in those racing games like NFSU and GT, you always start with a weak and generic car. This ship is going to be used on Porto Kora in the first race of the campaign, then if you win you can chose a specific team for the campaign.

Oryx Crake
26th August 2012, 06:39 PM
yeah I added some different basic liveries on the last page trying to keep them as standardized as possible and a decal for the company making the ships I tried to make them simple, including one I call Von strauss edition (the black and red one also von strauss is the name of the founder and first pilot of amphithere according to dusk's background story on the team, a rich former wipeout pilot who used his earnings to create amphithere so I thought why not make it something like a "shelby" edition) and one from the scrap heap.

Xpand
27th August 2012, 09:59 AM
Okay, I'm going to start to do something that I should have done like a year ago:
See the rivets and depressions? That will be included in all the ships as bump/normal map.
Ditto:

docfo4r
27th August 2012, 01:31 PM
Nice attention to the details. In fact, I enjoy the moment on Wipeout HD when a race starts and before the countdown you see some close-ups on the ships and so many details on it you never noticed while racing or in the menu. So, good work on that :)
By the way: Do you think you can send me a sideview-look of each ship with white background? For the website, you know ;)

Xpand
27th August 2012, 02:05 PM
Here you go:

F.E.I.S.A.R
27th August 2012, 02:10 PM
This is probably going to be the last time I reattempt drawing this craft.Have to prepare for the third Preliminary Examination and GCE O Level:paperbag
Here is the F7200 Drag Prototype inspired Airbraker concept craft. (http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/240/9/6/airbraker_craft_concept__3_by_feisar_csy-d5cpxb0.jpg)
If this does not make the cut,just drop the airbraker craft idea.

Xpand
27th August 2012, 02:13 PM
That looks so rigid... You sketched that with a ruler I suppose? You should explore more fluid shapes, let your pencil "be free" and don't limit the range of motion to straight lines...

F.E.I.S.A.R
27th August 2012, 02:17 PM
For this,I was aiming for symmetry...

Xpand
27th August 2012, 02:20 PM
Screw symmetry. You should start by the side view and then make make an horizontal line, the symmetry line of the top view, and using vertical lines connecting key points of the side view you draw only HALF of the top view, like so:
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/175/7/5/7515c12ef338c18c4a6e4901ad29bb5e-d3juodc.jpg

F.E.I.S.A.R
27th August 2012, 02:23 PM
So...how long more before teams/constructors are finalised?

docfo4r
27th August 2012, 02:26 PM
@Xpand: Wonderful, thank you!

Should the ST116-ship be presented on the website aswell, or only the main teams?

Xpand
27th August 2012, 02:47 PM
Depends on what you want. If it's a team showcase, the ST-116 shouldn't appear, because it's not part of any team. If it's only a ship showcase, then yes, it can be shown...

docfo4r
27th August 2012, 02:51 PM
Actually I thought about it as a team showcase.

I am going to redesign the website within the next days anyway. For Phantomizer it takes one night to render 3 frames atm due to transparency & light effects, 140 frames left to go :)

F.E.I.S.A.R
27th August 2012, 03:35 PM
So...when will the teams that make the cut be finalised?

Oryx Crake
27th August 2012, 03:58 PM
fairly soon probably f.e.i. we just need to make sure that everything fits so it doesn't look completely weird with one ship look like a ufo or something out of f-zero while the others look like wipeout ships that would be... weird ^^;

docfo4r
27th August 2012, 04:07 PM
Nice to hear that. I guess there is lots of work for your modellers ahead anyway with the tracks ;)

@TypeProton any new sketches or updates on the Shukoto track? I'd love see how this one would turn out. Do you have Skype btw?

dreadofmondays
27th August 2012, 04:29 PM
Guys, an update; I've been working on the world models for the weapons in game. This is in addition to the art I'm already doing, so to make it simple I've created a set of folders at this link (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g3b4cnv5moye6nv/FURVZoQera/Slipstream%20GX) where I'll be dumping all the models and artwork I make. You guys can keep this for future reference and can download the files straight from that page.
So far I've completed the world model for the Missile's projectile and I'm working on the tractor trap. The second set of pickup images is also underway.

It might be worth seeing if we can create a shared dropbox and all use it to store assets? Dropbox is a very simple and easy way to dump files straight to public domain where other people can access them. It's basically like an FTP, but without the need to buy your own server.

Finally: lol (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/94454272/Slipstream%20GX/WIPz/silliness.png/)

docfo4r
27th August 2012, 04:36 PM
Am installing Dropbox now! I think it's a good idea as long as files don't become modified and overwritten by others. Keep it for sharing purpose. Will be very helpful for me to create the pickup animations with the actual models!

Nice work on the models so far anyway, dreads ;)

Oh and LOOL to the picture xD I don't know why but it somehow reminds me of Portal after dropping stuff from... a portal :P

zero3growlithe
27th August 2012, 05:04 PM
Although ~4000 polis for a missile is a bit too much i think Dreads... try messing with textures to make details and nice missile btw :)
@Xpand: Side view of every ship and we can make 2D version of SSGX xd
@docfo4r: What software are u using to render these animations? Maybe i can get it and render those animations on my Zero3's-MonsterPC :P

docfo4r
27th August 2012, 05:09 PM
HAHA xD I am using Vue 7 xStream. But don't worry, I can render it. I restarted Phantomizer because I saw that I made a mistake in placement. Basically, two half transparent ships at the same spot and the computer had to calculate the shadow for that. Fixed it, renders much faster now.
BTW Zero, you're on video (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?5329-quot-Bling-Brigade-quot-Volunteers&p=219912#post219912) ;)

But I like to come back to your monster PC if I encounter another problem.

One more thing guys: About the "Gravitron" pickup.
I was wondering... The description says that it creates a portable mag-lock underneath the ship for some seconds keeping it on the track. While I understand it might be useful in bumpy sections, we also have to be aware it means no air-time at all leading to no barrel rolls. So on a hill section wouldn't it be a bad idea to use the Gravitron? To make it really profitable, maybe make better handling in corners while the Gravitron is enabled, or even let it lift the ship up a litte bit so the player would be able to barrel-roll on a straight section without a jump. But actually I don't know^^ What do you guys think?

Xpand
27th August 2012, 08:05 PM
@dreadofmondays: The models look pretty neat, but 4k polys for an in-game missile is way too much. The ships themselves have only a slightly higher polycount, and some don't even get up to 4000 polys... A few tens should do for something that won't be seen very clearly in-game with all the smoke and fire effects + velocity.

BTW, I just bought a 600 page C language "bible" to help on the programing, and prepare myself for the challenge of importing ship/track models directly into the compiled game, instead of through unity.

dreadofmondays
28th August 2012, 01:00 AM
Alright, I'll see what I can do to lower the mesh to <1000 polys.

Regarding the Gravitron, it's basically like our replacement to the Autopilot pickup in HD, so maybe add an increase in handling while it is active?

docfo4r
28th August 2012, 12:34 PM
I thought the same way. Make it possible to race though corners at higher speed, keep the ship on track but make it a little faster. Barrel rolls on hills not possible, so Gravitron is helpful in only some places on the track, making the pickup a bit more tactical.

zero3growlithe
28th August 2012, 12:53 PM
For anyone who wants to check progress on the project: Project Files - Developer Edition (https://rapidshare.com/files/2319457285/SlipStream%20GX%20Project%20-%20270812.rar) (some features "disconnected")
Fixes that aren't included to project files: https://rapidshare.com/files/1885994576/Assets.rar
Note: Please note that this project is not for commercial use, you can use it to test, modify and experiment in variety of ways but don't give it to strangers or people completely not interested in wipeout (god knows what they can do later with it), protect our work... just saying :P
--------------------------------------------------------
Google Docs Project Overview (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z1EiywCTH3PVV4DHLhIx-GIjgguQkICMnck12JuRah8/edit?pli=1) (I'll include that to my every post)

docfo4r
28th August 2012, 02:46 PM
Good idea, zero!! Will do the same for the posts in this thread.

In the docs I saw two HUDs are ready to be used. Which ones? :)

===
Project overview (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z1EiywCTH3PVV4DHLhIx-GIjgguQkICMnck12JuRah8/edit?pli=1)

zero3growlithe
28th August 2012, 04:08 PM
Mine's and this one i got from... rdmx? Don't remember xd Right now none of them is active but it is sure they will be in-game so i wrote that we have two :g (but if you don't want this one I was using in last demo then we have only one HUD)

btw. New idea for new game mode is born (from me):
UNNAMED MODE [name to be decided xD]
Could be a team-multiplayer race mode. 2 teams on the track: First team starts some meters ahead from the “Chasers”. First team is equipped with unlimited amount of mines while the chasers are equipped with unlimited amount of rockets (both limited by shooting speed which increases over time). Team one wins if they eliminated the chasers or travelled a certain amount of meters. Team Chasers wins if they eliminated team one or overtook them all. Action happens on dynamically building endless track in cyber world.
--------------------------------------------------------
Google Docs Project Overview (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z1EiywCTH3PVV4DHLhIx-GIjgguQkICMnck12JuRah8/edit?pli=1)

Xpand
28th August 2012, 06:09 PM
Lol, I just played with helios for the first time. It looks like I'm driving a freaking Ferrari! xD I'll upload a video with a few laps with each ship.

docfo4r
28th August 2012, 07:05 PM
Haha yeah, the shape of helios is unique. But actually I anyway hoped for one or two unique ship models, for example like these suckers:

Xpand
28th August 2012, 07:32 PM
I'm pretty sure you're going to see stuff like that in prototype events...

Oryx Crake
28th August 2012, 07:37 PM
I have to admit doc that while I like the zepher and helios fairly well I think it's important not to make the ships look like aeroplanes or spaceships, to me that makes no sense with the idea of it being a few feet off the ground ag racing... basically hover craft... if the ships look like space craft or airplanes then they shoul truly fly if you ask me. Plus aside from a few wacky prototypes in the prototype class (which by the way I don't think we should make "better" than the original ships just different) I feel we should follow a unified design principle.

BUT, I do feel we should possibly have a talk about this :)

docfo4r
28th August 2012, 08:01 PM
Fair enough.

Yeah, you're right. We shouldn't make them look like space ships. After all they need reasonable designs for a good drag coefficient.
But what I want to say is that we shouldn't make a strict design principle, otherwise we'd have a future F1 race. Hope you know what I mean :) I am just thinking of something a little more unique than the classic "two arms" or "spire nose" shape [Assegai / Feisar designs].

Oryx Crake
28th August 2012, 08:34 PM
I can agree to that doc though that's also part of whats fun about the prototype class we can go nuts a little bit.

Dusk118
29th August 2012, 06:45 AM
Swap the colors on this, and you'll have it down. I love everything I've seen so far. Can't wait to try it all out in the finished version. Still need to work out a prototype for Amphithere, though.

Xpand
29th August 2012, 12:18 PM
As promissed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG6-GCJC8x8&feature=youtu.be

I didn't put everybody in the credits because this is only about the physics and ships. Most contributions from everybody else don't appear here. I hope you don't mind

Hellfire_WZ
29th August 2012, 12:30 PM
This is looking absolutely phenomenal. Fantastic work guys! :D

docfo4r
29th August 2012, 01:10 PM
Awesome video, Xpand. I love it!

Haha you're right, Helios really looks like a ferrari xD
My favourite one is iFreet still. The colors and decals work perfect for me. As for the credits.... Should I go with our real names aswell when I rework the website? Or a mix of both, maybe like

Given name "forum name" family name
or
Given name family name - "forum name"

But it might be a little too long if there is a long forum name already [yeah, I am talking to you, zero3growlithe xD]. I think it's best like you did it in the video. So it would come in handy if everybody could write his name into the credits section of G-Docs, I think not all of us know each other that well yet.

This morning I had an idea for the story. Why not making a story based closer to real facts instead of having fiction all over. We could begin like "Since the official sponsor for the Wipeout series has been closed, a new type of anti-gravity race was invented"... You know, official sponsor = SL. It would also work perfect since our first track to enter campaign mode is the remake of Porto Kora, an official Wipeout track. And we have basic elements of Wipeout, like speed class. What do you guys think? Just an idea though.
But I'll create a story ideas section in our docs. Everyone who has ideas can write them down there so they won't get lost in our rage of posting ;)

===
Project overview (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z1EiywCTH3PVV4DHLhIx-GIjgguQkICMnck12JuRah8/edit?pli=1)

F.E.I.S.A.R
29th August 2012, 03:03 PM
We could begin like "Since the official sponsor for the Wipeout series has been closed, a new type of anti-gravity race was invented"... You know, official sponsor = SL. It would also work perfect since our first track to enter campaign mode is the remake of Porto Kora, an official Wipeout track. And we have basic elements of Wipeout, like speed class. What do you guys think? Just an idea though.
I think the first sentence should read "Since the official sponsor for the Wipeout series has been closed, a new type of anti-gravity racing was born"
But will people know the link between this and the WipEout series? I actually wonder...is there a Race Commission? Because the way I see it,it would be on a rotational basis with only a few permanent members.

And I'd like to ask:Is there still room for new tracks?

Xpand
29th August 2012, 03:21 PM
Of course there's room for new tracks! The ship list is full, we already have 8 teams. Now tracks, we only have one made and another on the verge of being finished...

F.E.I.S.A.R
29th August 2012, 03:25 PM
So do I eschew my Airbraker ship,or just hold on to it as an idea?

felix fiizar
29th August 2012, 03:56 PM
I hope this happens it wud be awesome!!

Xpand
29th August 2012, 04:23 PM
It already kinda happened, lol. You just have to go one or two page back, to find some gameplay videos.

@FEISAR: scrap it... I'm sorry, but it's way too basic to actually get something out of it...

DeloreandudeTommy
29th August 2012, 04:50 PM
I saw a video of this game you're all making on YouTube, I figured I'd help out by making some music for you to use.
Here's a link to a track I made for you all to use: http://soundcloud.com/deloreandudetommy/race-technology
To download it, you just click the "download" button. No royalties necessary (but I would like to be mentioned in the credits).

Xpand
29th August 2012, 05:12 PM
Cool! Sounds awesome.
Do you want me to add your alias name or your real name?

DeloreandudeTommy
29th August 2012, 05:17 PM
My alias name would be fine.

docfo4r
29th August 2012, 05:23 PM
Haha I love De Loreans ^^

Awesome music.
Hey but if you wanna contribute to the project fully, we'll need your real name later on for credits. In case you really want this music to get used.

EDIT: Guys, I am locking the Gdocs, it is public atm, so you can only access it through email. Doesn't have to be a @gmail email. So everyone who's deeper in the project, just send me your email by PM and I'll add you to the authorization list.

DeloreandudeTommy
29th August 2012, 05:33 PM
I'll email you my real name (minus my middle name) later on.
A couple of other songs you could use are these:
http://soundcloud.com/deloreandudetommy/190bpm
http://soundcloud.com/deloreandudetommy/so-many-drums

docfo4r
29th August 2012, 05:34 PM
Yeah alright. I think the decision which music we use in the end has yet to be made. I think in the end we will have lots of music.

Just make sure you stick around ;)

DeloreandudeTommy
29th August 2012, 05:36 PM
I certainly will, this game looks like it's going to be awesome.

Oryx Crake
30th August 2012, 12:57 AM
about music: we might want to talk to this guy http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?7999-Project-Terminal-A-final-tribute-to-WipEout-games&highlight=xpandrome2097

Xpand
30th August 2012, 05:07 PM
A few buggy laps around DC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZrSI4G8-Z0&feature=youtu.be
Aparently the track is a bit small or the ships are just too fast with too little handling...

docfo4r
30th August 2012, 07:24 PM
Saying it on the forum once again: The track is really really great! Some feedback:

-> All in all it is very good looking. Having an unpaved track section is nice, fits well with the ambience.
-> Also it's good you didn't limit the track to the beginning of the trees, it feels a bit more natural.
-> About handling, yeah there's obviously something wrong here. I think you need to be a very very good pilot to race on phantom and to not destroy your ship while scratching the wall. Maybe both things track-upscaling and ship-handling improvement has to be done here.
-> Nice that we have a real jump section on the track. To tell you the truth I thought the current tracks I know [Cassandra + Tristans] are very flat, you almost have no airtime the whole lap.

So once you finished this one, which track are you heading for next? Is there something you worked on already or will you support zero or TypeProton? Oh and I think dread can take care of his track by himself atm. As far as I saw it, it looks pretty nice already.

Xpand
30th August 2012, 07:42 PM
I have Porto Kora on the making too... Oryx is helping me (I don't know if he forgot) placing the buildings on the track plans, using information gathered from WO3. I asked the original designer of that track for help, but no reply so far...

docfo4r
30th August 2012, 07:57 PM
Oh, right. Forgot about that one.

Amaroq Dricaldari
31st August 2012, 12:41 AM
Hey guys. What did I miss?
Did anyone like my Top-View Concept Art for Ti-Khana? If so, thank you for liking something that sucks.

Btw, you REALLY need to start putting your stuff up on ModDB, Xpand.
http://www.moddb.com/company/combustible-lemon-studios

dreadofmondays
31st August 2012, 01:44 AM
thank your for liking something that sucks.
Can you please stop saying things like this? It sounds like you want people to pity you.
As for DC, it looks really great. Maybe a widening of the track is in order however?

Amaroq Dricaldari
31st August 2012, 02:08 AM
I am not trying to make people pity me. I am just proving that I think it isn't very good.

If it helps, I honestly thought it looked better in my imagination.

Dusk118
31st August 2012, 06:56 AM
Saying it on the forum once again: The track is really really great! Some feedback:

-> All in all it is very good looking. Having an unpaved track section is nice, fits well with the ambience.
-> Also it's good you didn't limit the track to the beginning of the trees, it feels a bit more natural.
-> About handling, yeah there's obviously something wrong here. I think you need to be a very very good pilot to race on phantom and to not destroy your ship while scratching the wall. Maybe both things track-upscaling and ship-handling improvement has to be done here.
-> Nice that we have a real jump section on the track. To tell you the truth I thought the current tracks I know [Cassandra + Tristans] are very flat, you almost have no airtime the whole lap.

So once you finished this one, which track are you heading for next? Is there something you worked on already or will you support zero or TypeProton? Oh and I think dread can take care of his track by himself atm. As far as I saw it, it looks pretty nice already.
Loving these comments, as DC is my track. I mentioned all of these points to Xpand already except the first, but I think that one's a given. I also mentioned that the speed is the equivalent to racing on A+ Class on WipEout 2048, and may be a little bit too fast for the current era.

I want to say a little about DC as it makes more progress. Draco Cavernae is named such because it is the Amphithere Engineering multipurpose testing track, with the long stretch designed for the speed and thrust based teams and the more technical bits for the handling and shield based teams. An unexpected but satisfying result was the hill just before returning to the paved track section. It behaves in almost the exact same way as Sol in WipEout 2048. Hit it just right, and you can actually skip one of the turns and move right into the next with little to no trouble at all. Overall, this track is a gorgeous beast both physically and aesthetically. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

Amaroq Dricaldari
31st August 2012, 07:57 AM
Check this out: http://www.moddb.com/company/combustible-lemon-studios/images

I am not sure if you guys noticed, but during my one-week suspension period I brought Slipstream GX to the ModDB community, and so far it seems like it is bring a lot of attention to the group.
At first, all I really wanted to do was find a way to put my image up to send to you guys (Xpand helped me out), but then I decided it was a great way to promote the project.

dreadofmondays
31st August 2012, 08:26 AM
If we are putting in on ModDB we might want to have a dedicated page for it instead of being scattered across several users. Talk to xpand about it

Amaroq Dricaldari
31st August 2012, 09:09 AM
That isn't my profile page :P
That is a group my friend started.

Xpand
31st August 2012, 11:21 AM
No widening needed. I just suck at this :g
Here's a better lap from zero:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKPI77YAmEQ&feature=g-all-u
Also, the track has been scaled up by around 25%..

zero3growlithe
31st August 2012, 12:23 PM
SSGX Draco Cavernae Test (just for toying :g): https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bynv55aACDzWVHZSeUJmeUVNOFE (when on google site: press file -> download in left upper corner)

docfo4r
31st August 2012, 06:36 PM
I posted a link in our G-Docs for a tutorial I created, showing how to access stuff on our website www.slipstreamgx.com

So if anyone wanna modify stuff or needs certain files, go ahead ;)

Xpand
31st August 2012, 08:48 PM
ST-116 is done... Well, more or less. Now I have to make all the 8 paintschemes...

zero3growlithe
31st August 2012, 08:51 PM
New version of SSGX with analog stick support ;) It can be always change a bit for best experience.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bynv55aACDzWVTdZbjhXSFBnaEE
@Xpand: As i said... i want to rush it onto a wall to see its pieces flying around the track :g

DreadOfMonday's track Kaelakekua Bay test: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bynv55aACDzWMHZBSmlNS3lwd2c
-------------------------
Project Overview (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z1EiywCTH3PVV4DHLhIx-GIjgguQkICMnck12JuRah8/edit?pli=1)

docfo4r
31st August 2012, 08:55 PM
Nice work on the ST-116. Can't wait to see it with the paintschemes :)
@zero, downloading right now but since I am still rendering, Controller support will be tested tmrw, hehe.

dreadofmondays
1st September 2012, 03:38 AM
Controller handling is really good! :D But support is not. Some of the buttons, like Camera or Shoot, are mapped to the controller but don't work in game. Vertical is a button now, not an axis, is that intentional? And barrel rolls remain elusive. :/

Airrider
1st September 2012, 04:58 AM
Room for any more ideas? I almost want to start sketching down stuff, especially ship concepts...

Amaroq Dricaldari
1st September 2012, 05:09 AM
ST-116 is done... Well, more or less. Now I have to make all the 8 paintschemes...

So that you don't need to make 8 textures, try this
You create a single Mask Texture and the game will apply a different livery to that mask texture. It will save you some of the work.

zero3growlithe
1st September 2012, 07:52 AM
@dreadofmondays: Awww, yeah, i just remembered something bout that... i've made input possible but i didn't added it to the script xD My bad :g
EDIT: Fixed

docfo4r
1st September 2012, 10:31 AM
I also got my controller set up now.

And now I can handle DC almost perfectly at this speed. Game feeling increased alot here!! :) But still there has to be some work done for the handling. But you know that already ;)

zero3growlithe
1st September 2012, 11:10 AM
What is wrong with handling? I can make perfect laps almost every time now and for me handling is perfect here as for highest speed :blarg

docfo4r
1st September 2012, 11:18 AM
Not ship handling itself, sry for the wrong word. For example... Barrel rolls and sideshifts only work randomly here.

Oryx Crake
1st September 2012, 11:45 AM
hm... I think we should try to get some beta testers. preferably also some who aren't wipeout pros (that would be pretty much every one on this forum) to evaluate the handling and controller issues. we don't want to make it too hard but we certainly don't want to make it too easy either

Xpand
1st September 2012, 12:16 PM
All 8 paintschemes. Count 'em up, I might have forgotten some! xD

docfo4r
1st September 2012, 03:16 PM
Haha great, this is going to be fun :)

Finished renders for pickups:
Turbo, Phantomizer, Missile, EMP, Impulse, Tractorbeam

Rendering ATM:
Gravitron

Will upload the videos when they all are finished. Would be nice to have the final HUD symbol and official font ready in some time ;)

dreadofmondays
1st September 2012, 04:07 PM
I'll see to that over the next few days. I'd plan to get the next set done by tomorrow but Father's Day so it might take longer.

docfo4r
1st September 2012, 04:18 PM
Don't stress yourself ;)

Just saying it would be nice if somebody [you know who I mean xD] can work on it sometime soon...

rdmx
1st September 2012, 05:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qeVLu.jpg
fullsize symbol: http://i.imgur.com/l8ENy.png.

the idea is that it's supposed to be like a 'not permitted' sign, but with a bolt instead.

*rdmx disappears again*

zero3growlithe
1st September 2012, 06:20 PM
Nice! :D And wait, before u disappear again, can you send me the font for menu again? In this mess i have in downloads and desktop i misplaced it somewhere xd
Nevermind, I found it in inbox xd

docfo4r
1st September 2012, 08:09 PM
So you also doing HUD symbols rdmx?

Ahh I hope you come back soon xD

zero3growlithe
1st September 2012, 10:31 PM
Ops, another idea popped in my mind: While looking at rdmx's HUD and this Integrity indicator i thought about such thing, while this value is low your ship begin to become unstable, i mean, airbreaks begin to work strangely, side shifts (as they are now xd gotta fix that) and other stuff, but not too much so player can still win race, and with this value became lower ship "strangeness" rises... what do ya think?

docfo4r
1st September 2012, 11:15 PM
airbreaks begin to work strangely, side shifts (as they are now xd gotta fix that)
xDDDDD that cracked me up!!

Awesome idea! Really great. Please program that ;)
I was always thinking if you get knocked by the EMP, your HUD shows some f*cked up info for a moment, but maybe it would be better to create that effect if you are lower than 5% energy or so, or maybe both, what do you think?

Xpand
1st September 2012, 11:24 PM
With the EMP we could make an intermittent TV "noise" covering the view while the effect lasted, along with control disruption.

docfo4r
1st September 2012, 11:28 PM
Yeah, the AG device becomes turned off. The ship slides on the ground. The view becomes a little distorted [not too much, I think it's best if you can still clearly see ship & track] and the HUD showing strange stuff... Like the whole electronics' gone haywire for a moment.

Oryx Crake
1st September 2012, 11:42 PM
hey lads My cousin is an industrial artist been thinking of asking him for a track for the soundtrack here's an example:Void prototype - invidious (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKBNqrMXYoA) waddaya think? (I haven't asked him yet)

rdmx
2nd September 2012, 05:43 AM
The ship 'strangeness' and sliding sounds far too much like Fusion though... You risk having it far too frustrating.

dreadofmondays
2nd September 2012, 07:50 AM
When the ship gets hit with EMP, the hud flickers and the speed/health/etc values change to random amounts. Nice and simple :)

docfo4r
2nd September 2012, 08:13 AM
Yep, that's what I thought, dreads.
And make it change to several random amounts, not just one. Like it's trying to regain stability but fails...

@rdmx yeah we have to take care the ship is still flyable, just has a random fail of controls here and there.

Xpand
2nd September 2012, 06:11 PM
Redesign of zero's Zepher coming up!

Hellfire_WZ
2nd September 2012, 09:24 PM
hm... I think we should try to get some beta testers. preferably also some who aren't wipeout pros (that would be pretty much every one on this forum) to evaluate the handling and controller issues. we don't want to make it too hard but we certainly don't want to make it too easy either

I'll jump on board if you're looking for testers. This is starting to look seriously good now :)

HKProxyOne
2nd September 2012, 11:03 PM
I'd love to help test this! Let me know if I can help in any way. :D

zero3growlithe
3rd September 2012, 05:22 AM
Ok, so I'll do what I can to upload new version today for beta testing, it will include: (of course deadline will move to another day, "today" is just for motivation xd)
- 2 race able tracks
- rdmx's HUD
- main menu packed with ships
- better side shifts and barrel rolls
- missing thing, camera look-back (or how other u can name that xd)
Won't include:
- Enemy AI.... yeah, having hard time coding this :g
That's all. And happy new year... of school xD
EDIT: U know, this one time I won't rush things as I'll make everything anyway and I'll make it good, not just for "one time use" :)

Airrider
3rd September 2012, 02:09 PM
I'm no WipEout expert, can I get on board?

F.E.I.S.A.R
3rd September 2012, 03:24 PM
Here are some tracks that I've drawn up
This track (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6684&d=1346685205) is located on an offshore landfill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulau_Semakau).(If it makes it into the game,I'll call it Semakau Landfill)<-This track is very flat save for the bridge part
This track (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6685&d=1346685214) is run around the Marina Channel(If it makes it into the game,I'll call it Marina Barrage)<-Quite based on Vineta K
Note:The tracks are based on real life locations in Singapore.
Comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

docfo4r
3rd September 2012, 03:37 PM
@F.E.I. hey we came across that we have lots of flat tracks already. So I think it would be cool if you could create a track which provides some more jumps if you know what I mean ;)

@zero sounds great!

F.E.I.S.A.R
3rd September 2012, 03:49 PM
Tracks with Jumps-Then what about going in reverse?

docfo4r
3rd September 2012, 03:54 PM
Well if the track is flat you can't find jumps in reverse either ;)

I know what you mean. But I was thinking about having a hill-track, or a track like Anulpha Pass or Ubermall, you know, with some jumps ;)
The only track we really have that atm seems to be Basin' Park Hill.

F.E.I.S.A.R
3rd September 2012, 04:12 PM
What about sudden and big undulation changes when entering the Underwater sections on my second track?

docfo4r
3rd September 2012, 04:22 PM
Can you describe the changes?

dreadofmondays
3rd September 2012, 04:28 PM
Sudden? :D :L
Similar to Vink I'd imagine, dipping up and down under the water.

Richochet
3rd September 2012, 07:03 PM
Ok, so I'll do what I can to upload new version today for beta testing, it will include: (of course deadline will move to another day, "today" is just for motivation xd)
- 2 race able tracks
- rdmx's HUD
Won't include:
EDIT: U know, this one time I won't rush things as I'll make everything anyway and I'll make it good, not just for "one time use" :)

Awesome! Will this be uploaded for anyone to try? I've watched all the youtube videos and this game is looking great so far!

r1c47
3rd September 2012, 08:38 PM
Is anyone new asking to join the team? We seem a little... shorthanded.

What is needed?

Airrider
3rd September 2012, 10:07 PM
So, here's my idea for something to suggest if it's not too late to still toss around ideas.

I wanted to think of ship designs we hadn't really seen before, like the CERN Prototype shape which looked like a big O from above, and I was enamored recently with the idea of asymmetrical ships. The Assegai from WO3 was slightly asymmetrical, but I never saw someone do that again. So here's the design, which would technically be a single-hull, but has its cockpit isolated to a pod off to the side to narrow the main hull in other directions.

I did a really fast inked drawing of what this looks like in my head. I have no idea what team would build a ship like this around them, honestly, but if you were to press me I could think up one. I might as well toss this out there and see who bites.

Dusk118
3rd September 2012, 11:43 PM
@Airrider, we already have our quota on teams, so I highly doubt that one will make the final cut unless someone has something else to say.

Airrider
4th September 2012, 12:53 AM
Ah, crud. Could always wait for an expansion, I guess...:P

F.E.I.S.A.R
4th September 2012, 02:04 AM
Can you describe the changes?

Sudden? :D :L
Similar to Vink I'd imagine, dipping up and down under the water.

Vineta K's "dips" are not really dips...you had to execute certain manoeuvres to be able to get enough height for barrel rolling. By "sudden and big undulation changes" I mean something like the dip after the slope and chicanes coming out of the Sebenco Climb ice cave,but much bigger.

docfo4r
4th September 2012, 01:03 PM
Beware, longer + colorful post ahead! :rock

Sooo, first of all, to clarify the situation of Gdocs:
Recently I got some access requests on our Google document. We used to have it opened for the public at first but recently we decide to lock it. We are having links to very raw material there and unfortunately we already encountered stuff got used on other websites without our permission. The document itself is created to keep an overview of everything we have so far, finished material as well as work in progress stuff & ideas. So I hope you guys understand that we can't give access to everyone but only the ones who are directly putting stuff into the game or having to use raw material, the "core team" so to say. There are no decisions made in Gdocs, everything new will be announced here of course :hyper

Secondly, I am thinking of how each pickup interacts with another. I wrote down some basics and opinions. Ideas & critics are highly welcomed!
First of all I saw we are actually having only 5 pickups out of 13 that cause direct damage on the enemy when used [these are Tractorbeam, Rockets, Cannon, Missile & Mines]. I thought that this is not much and it would take a long time if you really aim to bring an enemy down [unless we have incredibly high damage rates]. So first question: Should the Tractortrap or the Magnets decrease energy of the victim ship when attached, next to their actual effect?

Further on I though that it would be easier for coding & physics if you can only use one pickup at a time. For example: When the Phantomizer is active, you are not able to pick up something else.
Also we have to take care that the more powerful pickups should be rarer to get than normal ones [like the Quake in Wipeout]. So I created a frequency rate list based on the power/advantage of each pickup:
Turbo - high
Gravitron - medium
Teleporter - medium
Phantomizer - low
Mines - high
Magnets - medium
Tractortrap - low
Cannon - high
Rockets - high
Tractorbeam - high
Missile - medium
EMP - medium
Impulse - low
These are just my thoughts, so feel free to make suggestions ;)

And here are some basic interaction situations. What happenes to other pickups if you use the...
...Impulse -> Mines+Magnets+Tractortrap+Rockets+Missile+Cannon will be pushed away [like the enemy ship]. The Gravitron becomes deactivated aswell. No effect to an EMP or a Phantomizer in use.
...EMP -> Missile will loose target, continue flying straight forward. Magnets+Tractortrap+Gravitron become deactivated, an opened Portal from the Teleporter becomes closed. No effect to a Phantomizer in use.
...Phantomizer -> Magnets+Tractortrap+EMP+Impulse have no effect. When flying through a Portal from a Teleporter with a Phantomizer in use, the player will become teleported but the phantom ship continues it's normal flight.
...Gravitron -> Becomes deactivated when getting caught by a Tractortrap.
These are the first ideas. Don't know if I covered all cases.

DeloreandudeTommy
4th September 2012, 02:49 PM
Earlier somebody mentioned you need beta testers, preferably ones who aren't Wipeout pros. I don't normally like to toot my own horn, but I think I'd be pretty good for the job since I've actually never played a Wipeout game in my life (I've wanted to, though) although I do have experience in playing racing games.

F.E.I.S.A.R
4th September 2012, 03:17 PM
We are having links to very raw material there and unfortunately we already encountered stuff got used on other websites without our permission.

Tried googling Slipstream GX. Other than YT vids and other stuff that looks like it is from the dev team, I can't seem to find any 'infingement' of sorts... :/ I must be missing something...

Here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6688&d=1346771633) is a crude (mis)representation of the "sudden and big undulation changes. It sure has potential for BR opportunities going both forwards and backwards. Wonder if that very steep incline can be done going backwards,though(the craft is going forwards)...

rdmx
4th September 2012, 05:41 PM
@docfo4r - We need to know what these weapons do first. The explanation is in the locked google docs.

docfo4r
4th September 2012, 06:31 PM
Oh, right. I'll copypaste the infos from over there. They have been written down some pages back aswell, btw ;)
Long post #2 :rock

TRACTORBEAM
Class: Offensive
Damage for a brief hit: 3% +++ Time lasting: 3 seconds +++ Absorb: +10% shield
So most damage would be 18% [two "hits" in one second possible], a laserline which aims the direction of the ships nose.

ROCKETS
Damage for one rocket: 10% +++ Shoots 3 rockets at once +++ Absorb: +17% shield
Description: Like the rockets in Wipeout. Maybe, to change it up a little bit: Just two rockets left & right get fired so aiming will be advanced aswell.

MISSILE
Damage: 15% +++ Homing +++ Absorb: +20% shield
Description: Homing for the next ship infront of the player. That ship is able to avoid the impact when turning sharp before the missile arrives. Ricochet if fired without a target found.

IMPULSE
Damage: 0% +++ Force field +++ Absorb: +10% shield
Description: Creates a force field pushing the AI away from the center of the ship.

CANNON
Damage for one bullet: 3% +++ 30 bullets +++ Absorb: +12% shield
Description: Used like a minigun, works like the Canon in Wipeout.

EMP
Damage: 0% +++ Absorb: +15% shield
Description: Creates a visually visible electromagnetic field around the player. Players ship protects itself. The AGD and turbine of AI ships nearby become turned off for the time the field lasts [2 seconds].

MAGNETS
Class: Defensive
Damage 0% +++ 3 magnets +++ Absorb: +10% shield
Description: Magnets fall on the track, able to roll around. Then attach to ships coming too close and pull the ship down to the side attached. Only fall off when hitting a wall or another ship.

MINES
Damage for one mine: 5% +++ 4 mines +++ Absorb: +12% shield
Description: Placing 4 mines in a row. They last for about one lap.

TRACTORTRAP
Damage: 0% +++ Absorb: +15% shield
Description: Placing an electromagnetic anchor onto the track. The ship travelling close to it gets attached and can't move forward until the magnet lost enough power [after 1 or 2 seconds]. Can be fried by EMP blasts and destroyed by impulse blasts.

TURBO
Class: Self-Usables
Absorb: +20% shield
Description: Functions like a turbo we all know.

GRAVITRON
Absorb: +13% shield
Description: Creates a portable maglock underneath players ship for 5 seconds. Player is able to travel through tiny hills and sharp corners much faster.

TELEPORTER
Absorb: +13% shield
Description: Player shoots a teleport [just like the Portal gun in Valve's "Portal"] which lasts for 2 seconds. Whoever travels through appears some meters ahead. The portal looks like a black hole with some effects.

PHANTOMIZER
Absorb: +15% shield
Description: Creates a hologram of the players ship. Aiming systems aim there. Own ship becomes invincible for 5 seconds. Collisions still possible!!! Replacement of the classic "shield". EMP & Impulse won't harm.

Colonel
4th September 2012, 10:48 PM
I know music has been mentioned a few times (maybe worth its own thread ;)), so i'd like to submit a track I made for your consideration. It's one I made quite a while ago, and always gives me a kick up the arse when I'm playing Wipeout. So here it is, hope you like it...

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7Rl3YNE85fkTXZrM211X1FLN3M

Xpand
4th September 2012, 11:22 PM
Zepher redesigned...

Gonna add Thrust vectoring paddles as airbrakes on the side nozzles.

dreadofmondays
5th September 2012, 12:22 AM
I love the new zepher. It looks so much better.

rdmx
5th September 2012, 03:29 AM
Some of these weapons seem either overly useless (eg. impulse), or ridiculously overpowered (a full cannon barrage will do 90 damage!) + phantomizer + gravitron. Keep the game as lightweight as possible.

docfo4r
5th September 2012, 01:00 PM
The actual effect and damage rate are not set in stone yet. Of course you are right, it won't be possible to create 90% damage with a set of cannons. Since we don't have the weapons programmed yet, we will program them and see how it works.

I didn't understand why you think a gravitron is an overpowered pickup... It only keeps your ship on the track for a few seconds like a mag-lock. Can come in handy if there is a tight corner with a hill in the middle so you can go around without slowing down but on the other side on a straight hill you will loose ability to barrel roll, so you have to make sure if you need it or not depending on the situation.
Phantomizer acts basically like a shield, but instead of shielding your real ship, it creates a hologram. So enemys will aim for that hologram since your ship is invincible. But still you can damage yourself if you crash into the wall. It's a replacement for the overused "god mode-alike" shield which you can find in almost every shooting game which has pickups so I also can't see how it is "ridiculously overpowered".

And for the Impulse. Imagine there are two enemies on your rear. Fire off an impulse will push them away. Same goes for the enemies directly infront of you. You basically made yourself room to fly and win some seconds of distance.

Oryx Crake
5th September 2012, 08:32 PM
The logo of the last team to enter the main roster is here say hello to artezix 6691

There might be some changes and some touch ups down the line but artezix as imagined and created by Zero3growlithe and logo design by me hope ya'll like it.

alright time to collect all the story details on teams, tracks and weaponry. so I would ask you all to send any pieces you've written to my email: Theodor.andren@gmail.com so that we can put together a comprehensive script as soon as possible thank you all :)

F.E.I.S.A.R
6th September 2012, 12:54 AM
I don't know...I feel that consolidation of the story should be done like how the programming and modelling team are doing it:GDocs. This way the stories can be proofread and checked for errors.

Oryx Crake
6th September 2012, 01:36 AM
thats the idea actually fei the thing is for that to happen we need it all collected in one place. which I'm taking upon myself to do :)

F.E.I.S.A.R
6th September 2012, 01:48 AM
How about you open the doc and let collaborators dump their stories in there?
EDIT:Making it private so that only those who need to access it can.

Oryx Crake
6th September 2012, 01:57 AM
cause I want to do some screening first, and in order to be sensitive to the creators of content like teams and tracks I don't want to set anything in stone before it's been cleared with the original content creators, and also so that I can set up the document clearly, I want a good structure before I open it up to the public.

it's all about getting everything right and making things easy for everyone.

Richochet
6th September 2012, 04:06 AM
- 2 race able tracks
- rdmx's HUD
Won't include:

When this is ready will it be posted in this thread? I just want to make sure I'm not checking here every few hours when the link will actually be somewhere else =P Thanks for making this and for everyone who is contributing to this project! =)

Amaroq Dricaldari
6th September 2012, 07:34 AM
It gives me mixed feelings to see that the game is almost finished. What do I not like about it? It garuntees that none of my ideas will make it in.

Tried googling Slipstream GX. Other than YT vids and other stuff that looks like it is from the dev team, I can't seem to find any 'infingement' of sorts... :/ I must be missing something...
I think he is referring to me putting images on ModDB, and now being unable to remove them.
I don't think Xpand is very happy.

dreadofmondays
6th September 2012, 08:10 AM
the game is almost finished
Haha, ok, if you say so ;)

Amaroq Dricaldari
6th September 2012, 08:26 AM
I said almost.

dreadofmondays
6th September 2012, 08:31 AM
We aren't even half-way done.

rdmx
6th September 2012, 10:21 AM
The physics need tweaking, there's no AI, hardly any tracks are implemented, no weapons, no audio, not even HUD icons -- saying its almost finished sounds pretty optimistic :P

Xpand
6th September 2012, 10:56 AM
Actually there is AI, it was on previous versions, but zero took it out for improvements. There's also audio, although only ship related (engine sounds, collisions, etc).
It's not even half way done if you want my opinion. Even though the programming seems advanced already I think there's still a lot to do i.e. weapons and such...

The only reason you can't find almost no reference on Slipstream GX, beyond what we put online, on the interwebs is because it's still an underground game, once we release a demo version I will make sure we get noticed.

And Amaroq, not all ideas must be visual, keep that in mind. I can assure you that some ideas you gave on the physics are being used... Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, well, in most cases that is.

docfo4r
6th September 2012, 12:28 PM
Exactly.
I somehow have the feeling some of you guys come up with an idea and expect to see it happen within the next 5 days :P
Currently we are working on tracks, animations, weapon models, team logos, ship texturing, coding... New ideas will get noticed but might be on hold as for now, so please be patient :)

We also collected content for an official first demo. But like zero said, we don't wanna rush things...

Xpand
6th September 2012, 09:20 PM
Okay, Zepher's exterior is almost complete.

Amaroq Dricaldari
7th September 2012, 01:20 AM
Everytime I see those Ship Images get posted, it gets harder for me to avoid the temptation of putting them up on ModDB. I didn't put anymore up, fortunately, but I still can't take any of them down, unfortunately. In addition, I can't find any already-in-existence pages for Slipstream GX (or for any of the members from here) on ModDB.

However, I have been working on something awesome with my spare time. It isn't related to Slipstream GX, but it is still pretty awesome. Just let me know when you're ready to see it, and I'll post a link ;)

docfo4r
7th September 2012, 01:44 PM
You posted the pictures and now you can't take them down anymore???

Amaroq Dricaldari
7th September 2012, 02:03 PM
I posted them a while ago, that would have been the "Unauthorized Publication" you guys were referring to earlier. Xpand even sent me a PM asking me to take them down.

Fortunately, people have stopped paying attention to the SSGX stuff on ModDB, so as long as I keep up with the stuff from my other project, we should be okay. Still trying to get my friend's help to get the stuff down.

It was right after I uploaded the CERN image about a week or two ago that Xpand told me to stop uploading them.
However, as mentioned above I did upload something else (http://www.moddb.com/company/combustible-lemon-studios/images/surprise#imagebox) that is unrelated.

Oryx Crake
7th September 2012, 02:47 PM
I saw that you posted on moddb I thought they meant something else, cause when I image searched for the game a pic of cern turned up linked to a site called firstpost.

Amaroq Dricaldari
7th September 2012, 02:52 PM
What date was the image uploaded to Firstpost? I uploaded the images to ModDB on August 30th.

Edit: Just now saw Hellfire in the viewer's list. *waves*

Xpand
7th September 2012, 02:58 PM
The point is, you need PERMISSION to post content in whatever site you want. This isn't your project, you can't just upload stuff everywhere just like that just because you want it to without telling anyone about it. We kinda just stumboled on them... I need you to get those out, especially the drawings, that's just like giving a nuclear warhead to Iran and tell them they can do whatever they want with it... It's dangerous to the whole project cause you never know who can take advantage of someone else's work...

And to top it off, those are all WIP pictures.

Amaroq Dricaldari
7th September 2012, 03:13 PM
Well, again, I'm sorry. I thought I asked for your permission before I started, but I never got a response.

And again-again, it isn't letting me take them down.

Fortunately, I have came up with a temporary solution;
I am just going to replace all of the images with this Fake Image (http://www.moddb.com/members/amaroqthewolf/images/oops) until I can take them down for real.
That is how I'm going to solve the problem until the site lets me take the images down.

EDIT: Done! (http://www.moddb.com/company/combustible-lemon-studios/images/slipstream-gx-team-renders6#imagebox) :twisted

docfo4r
7th September 2012, 03:44 PM
Never getting a response doesn't mean you're allowed to use it. Especially on sides where you loose control...

Like I said before, I am happy about everyone who is interested in this project and comes up with ideas. But I think we don't need people who harm the project. People will receive false info for SSGX, they might be confused and loose interest. We're not doing a new Wipeout, GTA V or Batteflied 456whatever, so every fan we have is important.

@Image replacement: Good!

Richochet
7th September 2012, 07:53 PM
If you really think that every fan you have is important then maybe you can respond to your fans when they ask a simple question. =/

Though I agree Amaroq shouldn't have posted the screenshots without your permission, if anything he did less harm (in fact the screenshots got me even more interested in the project) than the actual devs through their neglecting to answer. Yes, Amaroq did confuse me (combustible lemon studios o.O really now?) but being confused and losing interest? That's a jump. Losing interest doesn't happen from people uploading screenshots without permission, it happens from negligence.

Amaroq Dricaldari
7th September 2012, 08:22 PM
Did our thread just evolve into a philosophical debate?

Xpand
7th September 2012, 08:24 PM
WIP content is very susceptible to misinterpretation. Just imagine you saw this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob46hZpm1-I&feature=relmfu) instead of the more advanced images? I don't mind the spreading of the game, we're actually releasing a demo. But the thing is, we actually polished the game for public show off for this matter. Those WIP pictures aren't supposed to get too far away from here. And since we don't have any of this actually pattented or protected anyone can come by and start preaching that they own the game... And no one will know because, let's face it no one actually knows our team...

I say this from personal experience since I had some "stolen" projects because I was too open to publicity...

zero3growlithe
7th September 2012, 09:34 PM
Ok, this goes too long... Amaroq, don't post anything which is related with SSGX anywhere and it should be fine, start behaving a bit more mature (u'r 20 years old, aren't you?), do something useful for this project except for talking nonsense like: "I've made something, wanna see?" and silence... nothing appears, or posting things like totally thread unrelated materials, and try to adapt to others working on this project who really do something useful (descriptions, ideas, concepts, critics :g) like u did earlier before beginning this "situation chained fuss"... erm, yeah, something like that (u had some really great ideas). Don't take it as order or something, it is more like a "personality trigger?". And please, don't add oil to fire with posts like: "Did our thread just evolve into a philosophical debate?"...

Also, about game's popularity and WIP materials I wonder about decreasing number of interested cos when someone will see material he like (even if it's WIP) he'll probably search for name of project found on this material (of course if there is any) and learn more about it, get to updated materials, so I with agree Richochet a bit. "Along with increasing amount of food appetite increases".

Back On Topic:
New Demo Deadline for me is this weekend, stay tuned :P (some greater changes had to be done triggered by smaller ones and new ships added, that is why it is taking so long) "yeah, explain oneself, explain, no excuse xd"

Oryx Crake
7th September 2012, 11:50 PM
I know music has been mentioned a few times (maybe worth its own thread ;)), so i'd like to submit a track I made for your consideration. It's one I made quite a while ago, and always gives me a kick up the arse when I'm playing Wipeout. So here it is, hope you like it...

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7Rl3YNE85fkTXZrM211X1FLN3M

I really like this Adam, I'll save it in my ssgx folder definitely. I say we put it in!

Amaroq Dricaldari
8th September 2012, 12:26 AM
Alright, although I was never on the team, I am Officially off the team. And I have contributed stuff before (only ideas, but still).
Have fun finishing it without me.

Colonel
8th September 2012, 12:26 AM
Well I'm very glad, I'd be chuffed to have it used in the game. Cheers mate.

zero3growlithe
8th September 2012, 05:29 AM
Colonel: Woooow! How did i miss this post?! This music awesome :D Permanent track list for SSGX (0+1)

docfo4r
8th September 2012, 08:56 AM
@Colonel whow indeed the music is awesome. Although I think it's pretty long aswell with 8mins^^

So now that I know some basics of Blender [thanks to dreads & Oryx for the midnight tutorial :) ] I can finally start to create my track idea!

Colonel
8th September 2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks a lot guys. Doc, re: the track length, of course you're right, 8 mins is too long for a game, but it'll be a piece of cake to re-edit it and chop off a couple of minutes :)

docfo4r
8th September 2012, 09:50 AM
Great! :) I'm 100% satisfied now hehe

Xpand
8th September 2012, 11:40 AM
I digg it. Let's use it.

dreadofmondays
8th September 2012, 11:44 AM
Split it into two tracks and add them both.

docfo4r
8th September 2012, 12:26 PM
Uhh but only if they really sound different then. Having two tracks which are basically the same is just a waste of space IMO.

Colonel
8th September 2012, 01:53 PM
Yeah that wouldn't make any sense dread, I'll just do a shorter version, no probs.

Oryx Crake
8th September 2012, 02:33 PM
616 ssgx edition? sounds like it could be great :D

docfo4r
8th September 2012, 02:39 PM
Haha yeah, second that.

Rendering Teleporter atm. An object collecting light... Black hole warning ;)

dreadofmondays
8th September 2012, 04:11 PM
But then two minutes of progressive will be lost D:

Colonel
8th September 2012, 07:19 PM
Not really, it was made as a DJ track so there's loads of (mixing) stuff at either end of the track, that can simply be chopped off without affecting the feel of the tune. Job's a good un :)

nick98
8th September 2012, 07:25 PM
here are a few ideas for this game:
Endurance Mode: do races with a high number of laps. Like for example a 50-lap race on Atlantica.
Ship Editor: create your own ship from a specific country with its appearance and its stats!
Track Editor: I love track editors, so why not adding one? :g
Ability to use custom soundtracks: If WipEout HD made it possible, so we can!
And BTW, here are some songs to use in the game:
Knife Party-Centipede (Is it weird that I use this song as Goteki 45's theme song?)
Swedish House Mafia-Greyhound (someone should do a parody of this song's official video in which it is shown an A+ Class 10-laps race in the racetrack Sol (from 2048 ) between the 5 Prototype ships)
The Prodigy-Voodoo People (old-school house FTW)
The Future Sound of London-We Have Explosive (just put this song. for all WipEout 2097/XL fans out there!)
Tiesto-Adagio For Strings
Noisia-Yellow Brick
Noisia-Machine Gun (i know, this song is already on WipEout HD Fury, but come on, I LOVE THIS SONG!!!)
The Qemists ft. Mike Patton-Lost Weekend
Afrojack & Shermanology-Can't Stop Me (Tiesto Remix)
Paul Van Dyk-For An Angel 2009
deadmau5 ft. Gerard Way-Professional Griefers (god, this song is EPIC!!!!!!!)
CoLD SToRAGE-Cairodrome
Photek-Azymuth
Pendulum-Tarantula
Camo & Krooked ft. Shaz Sparks-All Fall Down
The Prodigy-Piranha
Elite Force-The Law of Life
Dieselboy & Kaos-Barrier Break
The Bloody Beetroots ft. Steve Aoki-Warp 1.9
The Qemists-Stompbox (Spor Remix) (try to use this on Zone Mode at the highest speed class possible! ^.^)

and yes, I know we must get the artist's permission in order to use these songs. But at least there is the custom soundtrack option!

Oryx Crake
8th September 2012, 07:54 PM
I love the idea of an endurance mode and perhaps we can do something about that, as for track and ship editor, well. the problem with building an in game editor is that it's about as complicated as making an entire game from scratch and depending on how complex you want it to be in terms of customizability I mean how many base blocks and how much you want to be able to with with them is also an issue as we'd have to build them individually in 3d programs a much easier way would be to either learn how to make your own models or if we had the resources to have an order service for ships and tracks. the thing is we're basically a group of 8-16 people working on this game at any given moment so we really don't have the time or resources to do something like that. I'd love to be able to oblige but as it stands now it really isn't possible.

custom soundtrack though is definitly something we've been talking about.

also man thanks for the input :) we always want to hear new ideas even though some might be out of reach.

Actually I should say this so that it's perfectly clear, even if we sound dismissive sometimes it's not because we dislike any particular people or ideas, we're all trying hard to make all your suggestions work as well as we can, but don't take it personally or be too disappointed if your ideas are not included in the game. We're doing this for ourselves yes, but our main goal is to entertain you guys.

Xpand
8th September 2012, 07:55 PM
Endurance mode: Piece of cake, already thought over.

Ship/track editor: It is a possibility, but I'm pretty sure you won't bee seing it in the release of this game. The only way it can be done without requiring excessive knowledge on 3d modeling from the player is having custom parts, like in NFSU to add/replace on a ship. Track editor would work the same way but with buildings and track sections. But it will require a lot of coding, especially for positioning the parts correctly.

Custom soundtrack: It's possible, we have sort of thought on that, but it isn't a priority yet...

AG-SYSTEMS
8th September 2012, 08:25 PM
Removed.

Xpand
8th September 2012, 08:41 PM
We already have the 8 teams for quite a while dude...

Amphithere
CERN
iFreet
Solaris
Artezix
Zepher
LOGOS
Helios

I've been saying this for months now, we now need TRACKS not teams... Sorry if you wasted your time...

docfo4r
8th September 2012, 09:36 PM
Am working on a track ;) Already got the idea and will create a short description tmrw. I also can create the basic scheme in Blender [at least I hope so xD].

The track is called "Nazca Remains" and takes place at those famous lines in the sand desert next to the city of Nazca in Peru. I figured we didn't have a desert theme yet and connecting it with maybe an abandoned little city of an old culture might be interesting. Gotta post a story for it tmrw in Oryx' doc ;)

nick98
8th September 2012, 10:16 PM
thanks for the reply. I know that making a ship and track editor can be long and frustrating, but it's actually very nice to unleash your imagination. But don't worry, I'm not offended by the fact you will not put these editors in the game. If you can't put the songs I listed, I might as well use the custom soundtrack option! BTW, which was your favorite song from those I listed? mine was "Professional Griefers"! here are some racetrack ideas:
Manakaluia: A 4.5 km long track in Hawaii, with a mag-strip drop on a volcano's crater!
Nemoka Way: A 6 km long track in Hokkaido, Japan, near Sapporo.
Sondian: A 5.1 km long track near Montreal, Canada, with various mag-strip spirals, corners with 90 degrees banking and barrel rolls.
Grand Climb A 8 km long Point A-Point B uphill race winding on the Mont Blanc in Italy.
Port Isis: A 4.9 km long track racing on the harborline of Cairo, Egypt.
Fortisk Grande: A 10 km long track in Vladivostok, Russia. (NOTE: due to its length, this track is only available on Phantom class)

docfo4r
8th September 2012, 11:08 PM
Well actually I also enjoy track editors in certain games but I think it's misplaced in games like these.... Imagine Wipeout had a track editor. The given tracks would just become unspectacular, if you know what I mean. But I appreciate your idea :)

AG-SYSTEMS
8th September 2012, 11:21 PM
Xpand, I switched gears after that minor infraction and I'm making a track guide.

Hellfire, I'll never do that again.

dreadofmondays
9th September 2012, 03:29 AM
I think that for Ship Editor, players could simply upload a new texture over the top of the old one on the ship, same as in Pulse's Skin designer.
Doing it this way gives the players room to personalise their ship, while not devaluing the ships like a constructor would do. And it's easier to implement by a landslide.

F.E.I.S.A.R
9th September 2012, 08:31 AM
Fortisk Grande: A 10 km long track in Vladivostok, Russia. (NOTE: due to its length, this track is only available on Phantom class)
There was a speed class that went beyond Zen. It was Mach One. It was only raceable on tracks in excess of 50km with turns taking up more than 7km of track length for pilot safety reasons. Wonder where it went to.

nick98
9th September 2012, 09:28 AM
here is yet another track, created just for Mach One class:
Excessium X: a 72 km rollercoaster-esque track in the Black Forest, Germany.

F.E.I.S.A.R
9th September 2012, 03:03 PM
We have no idea what happened to Mach One

zero3growlithe
9th September 2012, 06:38 PM
@Feisar: I suppose it will be available for tracks created for it :P

Anyway, New SSGX Demo is done: http://www.mediafire.com/?yiaazkac7fx6775
Standard Controls:
- "x" for thrust/accept
- "c" change camera
- "v" for shooting (rockets only)
- "b" boost
- "d" "f" airbreaks/side shifts
- "esc" for returning
- "r" to restart game (back to menu)
Of course you can edit those controls in "input" tab of Unity's setup window (game controller available). Cheat code: Press "h" for 200 energy...

docfo4r
9th September 2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks zero for finishing it on the holy Sunday.

Controls are smooth [I think that's the most important part anyways] with the controller, ships and tracks look great, speed classes are nice, music is cool xD

Hellfire_WZ
9th September 2012, 07:54 PM
Good stuff! Liking the handling and the engine looks gorgeous :)

Couple of observations with the controls

- Joystick needs a dead zone. The slightest movement registers making the menus very tricky to use, and ships turn on their own unless the stick is dead centre
- Airbrakes don't seem to work. The control binding lists sideshift twice, maybe this is the issue?
- Left and right triggers on 360 pad aren't recognised and cannot be bound. The PS3 controller using MotioninJoy works fine, but the majority of people on PC will likely have a 360 controller
- Is there a function to return to the main menu? I've bound "Escape" to the controller but no response

I'll keep going and see what else I can feed back :)

EDIT - Oops, the airbrakes do work, you have to be turning to see the effect. That's me getting too used to Wipeout airbrakes ;)

zero3growlithe
9th September 2012, 08:07 PM
Ok, now programmer is going to criticize players :P I'm going to be mean:

- Airbrakes don't seem to work. The control binding lists sideshift twice, maybe this is the issue?
Should i make another presentation to show that they DO work? In WOHD you guys were perfect from the very beginning of playing it? I can make perfect laps almost every lap on both track in this demo on phantom so u can too, i have same version, no cheating...

- Left and right triggers on 360 pad aren't recognised and cannot be bound
Go to microsoft or look for better drivers in internet, I'm a game developer u can say, not software maker.

- Is there a function to return to the main menu? I've bound "Escape" to the controller but no response
Escape key on keyboard, on game controller which u select is used, if it is still your 360 controller, find another one.
Also... no one found a cheat code in my post with link to game, heh, nicely hidden

Edited previous post: "- "esc" for returning - "r" to restart game (back to menu)"

Oryx Crake
9th September 2012, 08:23 PM
hey zero I've been wondering I couldn't bind the d-pad to controls when using motionjoy and ds3 is this to do with the motion joy drivers?

zero3growlithe
9th September 2012, 08:35 PM
In DS3 tool in Profiles press enabled till you controller is not vibrating while pressing "test vibrations" button and try then. If it doesn't work then I can't help it... not my part of job.

gmrtom7
9th September 2012, 09:01 PM
Just thought I'd post to give you guys my impressions on the latest demo. Good god, I'm impressed. The game looks pretty phenomenal, especially the art style, and the handling is really fun. This is really coming along, and I'm glad that you gents are trying to keep Wipeout alive!

AG-SYSTEMS
10th September 2012, 12:17 AM
The demo is very good. However, I have one compliant.

Where is the exit button? Escape doesn't work.

F.E.I.S.A.R
10th September 2012, 02:11 AM
@Feisar: I suppose it will be available for tracks created for it :P

They'll be a nightmare to render :P

r1c47
10th September 2012, 03:14 AM
The alpha looks very nice.
At first I thought that the airbrakes weren't working but it seems that they merely offset the turning angle and by themselves don't do anything.
I liked the cavarne track though, especially the almost freeroam part of the track and the fact that you can do BRs.
The first track I didn't like as much because for some reason in the second to last turn the ship always seem to lose all it's speed for no reason.
Also, I died a few times before realizing that boost uses health.
:/

But anyways, it's looking very nice.

rdmx
10th September 2012, 07:26 AM
That was a LOT better than I was expecting. I reckon you should make the airbrakes a little more potent and make them swing out the tail a bit more.
Also, the sideshift should take longer - right now it's an almost instant move to the new position.

TypeProton
10th September 2012, 02:24 PM
ok, Looking good so far. Found 2 minor bugs but I'll leave the opinion about handling to other Wipeout veteran. :)
- [This (http://i.imgur.com/0hVH5.jpg)] If remember correctly I plowed into a wall and the game doesn't reset my position. So I plow into trees again. It returned to normal.
- When I go out of the track and got reset, the game just drag engine trail from your last position right to your new position.

Also, make the finish line more clearer so players can know where's really the end of the track.

Xpand
10th September 2012, 03:09 PM
Well, Draco Cavernae (and not Cavarne) isn't even half finished yet... When it's done it will certainly have all the stuff a track needs, including a defined starting line.

Ragsus Maxima
10th September 2012, 03:09 PM
The game is great! Of course it still needs some tweaks over here and there (well, the game is still young after all ;)), but I love what I'm seeing and playing, especially the iFreet ship.

I've noticed these however:
• After the 9th lap, the lap counter number will be partially over the target laps and over the line which separates them.
• If you touch the sides for a little lapse of time, the ship may start to pitch down, especially in cross slopes.
• In this point I agree with rdmx: the sideshift movement is quite fast, almost a teleporting movement, when you are cruising at high speed. On the other hand, the movement is smooth when you are stopped, and when cruising at low speed.
• The rockets shooting animation reminds me to this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKgnqLqj6F0&feature=player_detailpage#t=81s). :)

Nevertheless, the game is great for such an early development stage. Thanks very much for sharing this with us.

Xpand
10th September 2012, 03:44 PM
• The rockets shooting animation reminds me to this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKgnqLqj6F0&feature=player_detailpage#t=81s). :)

I knew they reminded me of something! :D

docfo4r
10th September 2012, 07:38 PM
So for everyone who didn't know, we also have a YouTube page now where we post some viddy's from time to time.

www.youtube.com/slipstreamgx (http://www.youtube.com/slipstreamgx)

A Moddb-Page is also going to be created ;)

BrunoDG
12th September 2012, 12:26 AM
Guys, i'm sorry for disapearing for such a long time! Had some personal problems that are solved and I want to know in what else can I help you out

Xpand
12th September 2012, 12:32 AM
Programming, seriously. Zero's almost a freaking nerve wreck because he's the only one capable of dealing with that. He could sure use a hand.
Try to be on skype more often to get a better sitrep.

BrunoDG
12th September 2012, 01:21 AM
okay, I'll try.

By the Way, do you know what are the issues he's trying to fix now?

zero3growlithe
12th September 2012, 04:48 AM
Well, right now: Airbreaks do nothing when player is not turning, no airbreaks animation, no force feedback from wall collisions, physics need tweaking, barrel rolls make you fly higher when used, analog control for barrel roll is hard to get right, no idea if "ship on side", "ship nose up/down" bug are fixed cos i can't get them myself to check and it is a waste of time to upload game again and again. About me being nerve wreck it doesn't look as you can imagine, at least not that bad :g

Rotational_aspect
12th September 2012, 01:14 PM
Although I say this a lot, you all have done a great job so far! The game (especially the controls) are shaping up really well from the last demo. I went back to the first ten pages of this thread and many here have developed some real skills since then.

As for me, I am designing some AI code for my game, some simple collision avoidance using vectors. At the minute my basic AI constructs a list of collision objects based on distance. If the y (forward) vector is to the left or right the ship will move in the opposite direction, (and soon up and down too). Now I have to teach it to fight properly...

Zero, how are you going to do yours?

zero3growlithe
12th September 2012, 01:45 PM
Well, I had some ideas, tried to make them work but with no luck, but now i have a new idea:
I'll use nodes again but they will not be used as fixed navigation line but just as route indicators, what i mean is that when AI will be flying around the track it will check things like: how far is it from wall, how wide is the track at given place, what is ahead, how hard is the turn, and of course if an ship is ahead, can it dodge it (same for mines/bombs ahead)... hopefully this will make them behave randomly, if not, i'll add some randomness myself :3 Ah and they will suffer the same as player: collisions, slow acceleration, etc... I hope it sounds logic xD

docfo4r
12th September 2012, 02:37 PM
Sounds great so far. *thumbs up*

Xpand
13th September 2012, 12:29 AM
Me gusta reflective glass!

BrunoDG
13th September 2012, 03:09 AM
hmmm...

Ok, here's the deal: Will you be online on Skype this friday? I'll come online at 10:00, 11:00pm, so we could exchange some ideas and then I could try to sit with you and see if we can figure out something for solving those problems.

zero3growlithe
13th September 2012, 05:09 AM
Hmmm, 10pm? On weekend cos I attend to school everyday and I'm not free at this hour. Also, by "helpng hand" i meant that I'll be doing one part of code and someone do another, i don't have problems solving those i have now when i think a bit :| But thanks u want to help :)
btw. Nose up/down, ship on-side bugs fixed, thrusters made though I'll use another renderer for it than trail renderer...

dreadofmondays
13th September 2012, 06:20 AM
Generally we keep the skype chat open all the time, and whenever we get around to catching up, we reply to anything we missed.

MyNameIsBom
13th September 2012, 08:39 AM
Hey hey hey!
Great progress you people have made. I must say this game is top notch!
The demo of the game is amazing, I showed them to my friends and said that a bunch of fans of a game made it. To my complete surprise, they thought I was lying! Well the game looks really polished i got to tell you that. I had some spare time to draw up tracks and stuff (I got the holidays coming up, so I can come back to lend a hand on the project, making billboards etc etc), i'll upload them later when my internet comes back. Oh and are you able to do multiple paths/split tracks? Like the one on Fort Gale on WipEout Pulse to be exact.

Oh an by the way, I love the easter egg you've put in on Draco Carvarne ;) Who ever put it there was smart :P

zero3growlithe
13th September 2012, 02:47 PM
Who else can put this if not the guy who compile all those versions of SSGX xd

EDIT: Ok, Looking for someone to make a nice graphic interface for: in-game pause menu and results screen :P