PDA

View Full Version : WOXL epsxe memory card

penske
3rd June 2010, 03:42 AM
Can anyone send me an epsxe memory card for a completed game of WOXL?
There is just no way I will ever get through Challenge II --- so a completed game memory card would be much appreciated.

Dan Locke
3rd June 2010, 05:46 AM
Check your private messages.

penske
3rd June 2010, 11:08 AM
Dan,

Really appreciate it...thanks an absolute million!

Dan Locke
3rd June 2010, 06:25 PM
You're welcome.

yeldar2097
3rd June 2010, 08:55 PM
Lucky you guuys actually have this playable. I downloaded the slowdown patch but it still runs at about 2x speed. Reflexes aren't good enough for that...

penske
3rd June 2010, 10:04 PM
Lucky you guuys actually have this playable. I downloaded the slowdown patch but it still runs at about 2x speed. Reflexes aren't good enough for that...

Yeldar,
This is epsxe running WOXL in emulation -- it actually runs better in emulation than the original PC version ever did (at least IMHO).

yeldar2097
4th June 2010, 05:13 AM
Oh yeah my bad, forgot I wasn't running it in an emu. Got a PS2 emu but never thought about WOXL'ing it :paperbag

AG-wolf
4th June 2010, 04:44 PM
There is just no way I will ever get through Challenge II

I... I never thought I would ever read/hear those words...

I'm not mocking, just... surprised lol :P Practice practice practice!! :D

penske
5th June 2010, 01:53 AM
Yeah...I know pretty sad. I did beat the game when it first came out. But age, alas, has slowed my Jedi reflexes at least when it comes to WOXL at phantom speeds (but I did manage to recently complete Challenge I). But I'll keep trying for Challenge II.

AG-wolf
5th June 2010, 07:36 AM
If you're playing via an emulator, I certainly hope you have a gamepad with shoulder buttons and a -good- d-pad... I can't imagine the game is even possible with a keyboard (unless you're Al :P )

penske
5th June 2010, 10:44 AM
Logitech wireless rumble pad 2 --- the stick functions as the "D-pad" of course in digital mode only. But it works really well, I think even better than a standard D-pad (at least for me)...but still, at Phantom, this thing is fast.

Dan Locke
7th June 2010, 05:23 AM
If you're playing via an emulator, I certainly hope you have a gamepad with shoulder buttons and a -good- d-pad... I can't imagine the game is even possible with a keyboard (unless you're Al :P )
I've only been able to play it with a keyboard.

AG-wolf
7th June 2010, 02:46 PM
lolwat? seriously? that's messed up :P are you "really good" or just passable? I wanna see this hahaha

Dan Locke
8th June 2010, 03:21 AM
I'm "really good". It's rare that I don't get a perfect lap. That said, I can't figure out the Piranha's handling model to save my life, so you won't be seeing my name on the records page any time soon. (Even if I could use the Piranha well, the fact that I play on an emulator - I haven't had the actual PC version in ages, as I took it to the thrift store when it wouldn't run right on my family's then-new computer - disqualifies me anyway.)

I actually did get a copy of the PlayStation version a few months ago, but I was hopeless at it. Also, I don't have a PS1 memory card to save my progress, so playing it would be pointless, regardless of that.

I tried to play the emulated version with my DualShock 3, for practice, but I still can't do it.