View Full Version : Merry Xmas Pilots.

Wamdue
23rd December 2002, 11:38 PM
01.34, Xmas has begun.

Merry Xmas to all of you, I hope youll have a fun xmas. im sure I will :D

A big xmas-present containing the Steel Batallion package wouldnt hurt :wink:

rhys
24th December 2002, 10:55 AM
Merry christmas to everyone at wipeoutzone!

I hope you all have a great day and a happy new year :D

Myke_AG_Sys™
24th December 2002, 11:31 AM
Merry Christmas to everybody on the board! I'm off to toast some marshmallows on the glowing afterburner of my AG Systems craft. Mmmm mmmm.

Hope everybody's cheerful.

Laters.

Myke.

Lance
24th December 2002, 01:36 PM
merry christmas to you, too, Wam and Rhys and Myke, and to Everyone. may you all find the videogames of your dreams and the machines to play them on.

__lance

Mano
24th December 2002, 08:10 PM
Merry Christmas to all of you!, well its still 4pm here so not quite yet hehe.

Hybrid Divide
24th December 2002, 11:16 PM
Happy Holidays pilots! ^_^

From the Auricom region to to FEISAR'ville, and everywhere in between, Have a good christmas!

pedrodaman
25th December 2002, 12:02 AM
Merry Xmas to all of you hope you have a good one

Don't get too drunk now :lol: those of you that are drinkers

Piranha Advancements
25th December 2002, 01:11 AM
Thanks and mery X-mas to everyone else too.

Vasudeva
25th December 2002, 11:10 AM
Merry Christmas and a Happy Newyear, or happy holidays all the same for those who are no christians.

Onwards to the future!

Peace,
Vasudeva

Wamdue
25th December 2002, 01:09 PM
so, what did you guys get for xmas? :)

stin
25th December 2002, 06:26 PM
Merry Christmas to you all!!!!! :wink:

as you know I`m a golfer so I got a new driver which cost me an arm and leg (my wife persuade me to do it!). Now I have got an X-BOX (for my kids presents) !!. Guess what I got Quantum Redshift game!!!!! for myself :wink:
Seriously I have to admit the graphic are alot better than PS2!! so realistic and so similar to Wipeout games which I will enjoy :wink: :wink: :D :D

stin :lol:

Wamdue
26th December 2002, 12:46 AM
nice :) I got gta:vice and a net-md and dvds etc etc. All good, at first, I thought maybe gta:vice was too much like gta3, but, im totally addicted to it, played it for 8hours straight :D Also, I got credits to buy one more game, wich ill do in gotheburg tomorrow. Maybe QR ;)

Vasudeva
26th December 2002, 08:50 AM
A couple of spaghetti plates. :(

V.

hi-nrg
26th December 2002, 09:35 AM
so, what did you guys get for xmas? :)

:) ...i bought a copy of the daughter of all racing sims! :)
(the mother would be WipEOut but i could "only" get 2097 - this is already more than enough!)

So i just decided to re-install my whole machine to put Win 98 together with WipEOut 2097 on it :) ...OH YES!!! ...hail to the fat cat and Odessa Keys forever!
Best Christmas i ever had so far ;)

I hope all of you enjoy the Christmas days,

your Hi-NRG!

Piranha Advancements
27th December 2002, 03:30 AM
I got...the stuffs...myself...anyways..so..umm..3 System Of A Down posters,a System Of A Down necklace,2 Vampire The Masquerade figures (where's Lucita..) and Requiem For A Dream Director's Cut VHS cuz the DVDs are R1,dammit.

FishDK
27th December 2002, 06:12 PM
Sorry I'm a little late here -
Merry Xmas ya'll!
I got money, a book, a 60 gig HD and a MP3 player.

It was a good xmas :)

<>< F I S H ><>

Sven
27th December 2002, 06:33 PM
I got a bunch of things, but the best thing was a brand new Logitech Wireless Optical Wheel Mouse for my computer!

hi-nrg
27th December 2002, 07:31 PM
...hmmm, how all of us males (;)) get either technical stuff for our machines or stuff to play with :roll: :D
Anastacia is female, right?
Just because i'm curious: Anastacia, what did you - as a woman - get for christmas?

BurnHead
27th December 2002, 07:57 PM
Hey ppl,

1.)yes, I'm also a bit late
2.)no, I'm not dead

merry christmas and a happy new year. And may there be thousands of new WipEouts and Quantum Redshifts ;)...

AmigoJack
27th December 2002, 08:42 PM
a postcoming merry xmas to every wip3r
and a happy new year from me too of course ;-)

got mostly something to put into the billfold and spend it a brand-nu scanner.

>>> may peace and speed be with you - [a]MIGO[j]ACK

Lance
27th December 2002, 10:13 PM
wow. hey bernhard, cool to see you here after so many months. things going okay?

BurnHead
28th December 2002, 10:06 AM
Yeah, everything's alright, thx Lance.
I just have to work at another location now - and therefor have to drive a "little" longer, meaning I usually don't come home before 8:00 pm. And then the only things I do is going online, read my emails and ICQ messages and go to bed.

Thankfully I'm on holiday right now... and I have more time to surf the internet and post a few "merry xmas posts"... ;)

Btw, how do you guys like QR? I think it's very good, but for me the opponent's AI is much too hard!

Wamdue
29th December 2002, 12:52 AM
long time no see master railgun ;)

I think xmas presents that could be enjoyed at once and being able to play with are the best :D

BurnHead
29th December 2002, 11:24 AM
Yo, that's right.... unfortunately everyone keeps telling me that I'm too old to get presents - and maybe that's the reason I didn't get much presents this year... :D

But I've bought myself a 5.1 Dolby Digital System for my Xbox (Creative Digital Theatre 5500) - it's really fat to play QR with that setup ;)

Wamdue
29th December 2002, 12:15 PM
yeah im closing in on that age too :(

im building my own kind of soundsystem for my consoles, i dunno if its a dolby sourrund but it definetly does the job for me, its one stereo with 2 speakers n subwoofer and another standalone subwoofer wich connects to 2 other speakers and soon theres another pair of speakers installed too + the tv-sound :D I get a pretty good soundexperience.. all I need now is a high-res tv ;)

Synthetic Consciousness
30th December 2002, 03:16 AM
I got a PS2, finally. 8) I still have to get Fusion for it...the store I went to didn't have it. So instead, I got Tekken 4 and Twisted Metal: Black. Santa didn't bring me anything this year. He did last year, though...I guess he finally realized that I'm 27--I'm just short, is all. :P

Hope everyone had a good Yule and have a Happy New Year. :D

jmoid
30th December 2002, 07:18 PM
happy new year to everyone from me too, eat, drink (and fly) and be merry!

Anastasia
31st December 2002, 12:55 AM
Merry Christmas everyone and best wishes for 2003 :D

...hmmm, how all of us males (;)) get either technical stuff for our machines or stuff to play with :roll: :D
Anastacia is female, right?
Just because i'm curious: Anastacia, what did you - as a woman - get for christmas?

Well, my main pressie was the Thunderbirds DVD box set - I'm a huge fan :oops: Also got 4 goblet wine glasses, AOTC chess set (!), a big candle stick that holds 5 candles and money, choccies etc.....oh, and the most practical gift a girl could wish for : a set of garden shears, secateurs and loppers!

Have fun everyone!

Ana :D

Lance
31st December 2002, 02:14 AM
AOTC? what's that?

BurnHead
3rd January 2003, 08:22 AM
AOTC? what's that?

I guess it means "Attack of the Clones" - and that's Episode II of the Star Wars Saga! ;)

I just hope I guessed right... :roll:

Lance
3rd January 2003, 12:53 PM
ah. i stopped seeing them after The Phantom Menace; jarjar binks finally killed my love of star wars, which had already been weakened by RotJ.

Wamdue
3rd January 2003, 01:11 PM
aww, you should see the attack of the clones, its more close to the roots of star wars. and jar jar is only in it for 5min :)

BurnHead
3rd January 2003, 05:01 PM
Yep - Episode II is damn good!

Lance
3rd January 2003, 08:27 PM
5 minutes of jarjar is 2 hours too much :)

Thruster2097
4th January 2003, 12:55 AM
Hi all, seasons greetings, and a happy 2003!
For my xmas, I got an AMD Duron 2GHz tower kitted out with a GEforce4 graphics card, a 15" TFT monitor, an ADSL Broadband connection.... and best of all, a tiny r/c car! Basicaly, I spent the whole holiday in my room. :D
well, being british, I naturally had to have as much lager as I could afford every night... I couldnt let that little tradition go away, could I :P

It feels slightly re-assuring that wipeoutzone is still here, but being the first few days of the month, anything could and possibly will happen.... (keeping fingers, toes and other miscellaneous body parts crossed)

AOTC is a pretty good movie for eye-candy, but the story definatley needed something more. Just felt too much like a stop-gap between 1 and 3. And when will someone kill jar jar?....(general rant over)...

see you later, hopefully :wink:

BurnHead
4th January 2003, 11:48 AM
Oh c'mon - Jar Jar wasn't that bad in Episode II.

Although I must admit that I hate him, too... and maybe (hopefully ;)) he really gets killed in Episode III - that alone is a reason for me to watch Episode III!

Viso
5th January 2003, 07:36 AM
Heh, die Jarjar, DIE!!

Over Christmas, I got to play Quantum Redshift. Not a gift, as the copy of the game and the Xbox involved are both owned by my brother. I did get a copy of Wipeout XL as a gift. I like it, but it gave me a new appreciation for analog sticks. I have to make a concious effort to not put my left thumb on the stick. I still think Wipeout 3 is the best racing game yet (except maybe the sepecial edition), but I'll still play XL.

For that matter, I played Quantum Redshift until I had to sleep before driving home. I won the turnament for every charcter at master level except for the Pharo (I can't speel) and Max. Sooo close to unlocking Redshift level. At least I unlocked almost everything else. I don't think an easter egg can be explicity mentioned if it is an easter egg, but anyway, I like the fruity frut one. Racing with ultra long focal length and atlantis mode is impossible, but breifly funny.

Quantum Redshift is a great game, better than Wipeout Fusion, but I don't like the music as well. So, I loaded the music from a couple of Oakenfold CD's I got over vaccation and had QR play that music, and Fluke's Atom Bomb (Atomix 1), instead of its own soundtrack. I would have loaded music form Wipeout CDs, too, but the Xbox claimed it couldn't figure out what the disk was. It is a pretty cool feature of the Xbox, but of all the games my brother has (less than 10), it seems only QR supports this.

Dragon
5th January 2003, 07:56 PM
WHAT ARE U TALKING ABOUT! JAR JAR IS ONE OF THE FUNNIEST CHARACTERS!!!

Lance
5th January 2003, 09:06 PM
your caps lock seems to be stuck ;)

well, jarjar was put in by Lucas to appeal to younger viewers; and though it's true that there's a lot of child in my character, there just isn't enough to make me feel that jarjar is funny instead of annoying. to me, he is a distraction from the story, something thrown in as an unrelated extra. he and other such 'humour' just dilutes the interest of the movies for me. in the first two SW films, there were touches of this sort of thing, but they were background, not thrust right into the main action as jarjar was in episode I. Lucas has increasingly made the movies to appeal to kids instead of people over 16. indeed, the child Anakin was made the star and focus of episode I, when the interest for me was Qui-gon Jinn [sp?] and Obi-wan, and the political manoeverings of Senator Palpatine, the future Emperor. and of course i loved the Naboo fighters, and the design of the Naboo capital city, and the pod racers of Tatooine. i didn't believe for a second that little Anakin was so brilliant as to build his own racer [nor was i amused by the junk dealer]. there are certainly brilliant child geniuses, but they do not seem to act as Anakin does; there is a greater command of language and a stronger sense of their own 'selfness' in geniuses than Anakin shows. so there just wasn't enough believable simulation of reality in episode I to keep me from being disappointed in it. jarjar just doesn't belong in a convincing adventure/action movie.

this is turning into an essay. bye for now :)

Thruster2097
5th January 2003, 09:45 PM
Wow, now thats a post! :o
I think its fantastic how you can analyze a movie in such great depth, and I pretty much agree with everything you just said.... good work, lance! 8)

Dragon
7th January 2003, 07:22 PM
Dude, i'm no child, i just turned 16 for crien out loud lol
and as u can see, i had caps lock on purpose lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lance
7th January 2003, 08:14 PM
Dragon:

Thrusty: thanks. hm... if you want some real depth... well... no, don't get me started. ;)

Harvai
18th January 2003, 12:10 PM
got heaps of money (still counting it all) and hoping to buy Fusion. do any of youse wipers
1) live in OZ
2) know where to get Fusion cheap, it would help heaps

Vasudeva
19th January 2003, 06:15 PM
Like most SW-fans, I loathe Jar Jar binks. The Gungans were a silly attempt at recreating the "cute" feeling of the Ewoks, but the Gungans were neither funny nor cute, but plain irritating. The droids were much funnier!

I share Lance's opinion here on Qui-Gon Jinn and the future emperor. They are by far the most interesting characters in Episode I. Episode II is better, although the love scenes are really embarrassing to watch. The images are smoother, more SW-like and the acting slowly gets better (although Hayden Christensen stinks).

Peace!
V.

Wamdue
21st January 2003, 07:37 AM
while talking about movies, a tip is to see Donnie Darko.. thats a film with great depth.