PDA

View Full Version : Assegai (SE version) vs Piranha...the second fails!?

XpanDrome2097
3rd February 2010, 10:19 PM
I believe that this thread can be valid only for Wip3out SE...
Mmmmhh, Assegai VS Piranha in Wip3out SE...

Top Speed ---> Assegai - 3/5 | Piranha 3/5 - Same top speed...
Accelleration--> Assegai - 3/5 | Piranha 2/5 - Assegai wins!
Handling -----> Assegai - 5/5 | Piranha 4/5 - Assegai wins again!
Shield -------> Assegai - 2/5 | Piranha 2/5 - Same weak shield...

But...why this :frown:?
In Wip3out Piranha has lost the challenge, against an Assegai...
This is very unjust for Piranha, probably Assegai and Icaras are my favourite ships in Wip3out, but...remains unjust!

Medusa
3rd February 2010, 10:48 PM
I thought it was nice, since in XL/2097 Piranha was just soooo ridiculously perfect! So when I piloted Piranha in SE it was like they couldn't possibly maintain that sort of technical perfection once the other teams caught on to their nefarious tricks. LOL.

(Actually, I was just glad AG-5Y5 was faster...)

Task
4th February 2010, 07:19 PM
8 D
Yeah, the W3O Piranha is an awful ship.
And the SE Assegai and Icaras are just completely overpowering.
Well, relatively. They have their weak spots. 8 )
The craft are actually organized by power.
The top two (Feisar and Goteki) are the slow boats.
The next two (Auricom and Piranha) are the weak craft.
The next two (AG Sys and Qirex) are the power craft.
The last two (Assegai and Icaras) are the dominators.

There are few good circumstances for the first 4 ships, you tend to only use them when you haven't yet unlocked the serious 4. 8 )

XpanDrome2097
4th February 2010, 10:01 PM
8 D
Yeah, the W3O Piranha is an awful ship.
And the SE Assegai and Icaras are just completely overpowering.
Well, relatively. They have their weak spots. 8 )

I agree iwth Piranha, but I don't believe that they are helped by a light form of overpowering.
The original Wip3out Assegai was too slow, and also very weak shield...good that the SE version is a bit faster.
And the original Icaras is an intriguing ship indeed (lovely!), but honestly I prefer it with a bit of handling...and also in this case the ship has a very weak shield.
Their weak spot: the weak shield, very fragile ships, and in every case, SE or not, you gotta be a very good player to pilot well everyone of these ships :).
I am completely in love with them.

EDIT: I believe that the only overpowered ship in Wip3out/SE is Qirex: if you are able to pilot it, in spite of bad handling is too easy to win...

JABBERJAW
5th February 2010, 01:08 AM
Check out the records tables. Qirex has no top spots, it is just not fast enough to keep up with icarus.

Jay, stats even in this game are odd though. I think Piranha is faster than assegai on porta kora, and other straight tracks, and extremely close on even manor top with good runs from both ships. It seems to not bottom out as much, in that wipeout 3 is the last game the FEATURE (bottoming out) ACTUALLY MATTERS.

MrSmadSmartAlex
5th February 2010, 03:52 PM
When you say "bottoming out", do you mean a sort of minor impact (and speed loss) on landing due to incorrect pitching? If so, this does still happen in Pulse, although probably nowhere near as much as in the old games. Example: Try playing Arc Prime White and land in "neutral pitch" after the big drop. Then try the exact same line, only pitch-down before landing, and you'll bounce and lose a fair bit of speed (I took my TT race time down by quite a lot when I realised this). ;)

Task
5th February 2010, 08:29 PM
The only way Qirex can be considered overpowered is if you're only talking about Eliminator. The top 4 craft are all extremely capable if you're flying them right, but they definitely have their specialties. Icaras is made for flat-out speed, Assegai for technical tracks, Qirex for combat, and AG Sys is the midway between speed and technical.

Ride height does seem to vary between ships though, yes. And that'll have a big effect on how you land some of those jumps. And of course, the stats are just approximations.

You're not kidding about bottoming out being important though! If you hit the track too hard after the jump into the tunnel on Manortop you can just explode from the bouncing...

MrSmadSmartAlex
5th February 2010, 08:37 PM
So bottoming out actually damages you in WO3?! :lol Sounds great! :D
I'm looking forward to getting kicked by this game (just ordered a NeGcon, Wipeout, and Wip3out SE). :)

JABBERJAW
6th February 2010, 01:31 AM
yeah it does that in pulse too, but it really matters in the 4 older games, far more so

AG-wolf
8th February 2010, 05:22 PM
I'm guessing I need to get some Qirex times up there on the tables ;)

Amorbis
9th February 2010, 06:50 PM
I'd still use Piranha over Assegai in W3O, I find Assegai to be too twitchy on some tracks. Although what I've just said is absolute rubbish on Manor Top and Terminal, where the extra turning is handy. There is also the team allegiance thing, I'm easily a W3O Piranha pilot forever since before Special Edition. It'd be too much of a task to adapt slightly to a different ship! :lol

JABBERJAW
9th February 2010, 11:10 PM
does anyone else besides me adjust the sensitivity of the negcon depending on the ship they are using? Phantom speed. I find it a neccessity on wipeout 3