PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Rallying

feisarfan
18th January 2010, 09:51 PM
I am a big fan of rallying (tarmac, snow, gravel and sand) as well as traditional Wipeout circuit based racing, so I thought.. what if the two combined, with point-to point stages set in multiple countries with different terrain types?

Basically, V-Rally meets Wipeout (sorry if this post lacks detail)

XpanDrome2097
18th January 2010, 10:13 PM
Mmmhh....this reminds me a lot WipEout Fusion...Florion Heights :lol!
Hey feisarfan, am another great fan of Rally, and I have the 90% of Rally games released for PSX, PS2 and PSP :rock!

SaturnReturn
18th January 2010, 10:41 PM
I'd love to be able to kick up some dirt and barrel roll around the countryside. :D I'm not sure it would really fit the series that well though, but could maybe be incorporated somehow.

KGB
18th January 2010, 11:23 PM
Please keep snow and dust clouds away from Wipeout. Tried it once and hated it.

V-Rally 2 on psx was brilliant with 4 players though :+.

abukii
18th January 2010, 11:28 PM
Id love the idea of a rally type WipEout. Bring it, I say!!:rock

Dan Locke
19th January 2010, 01:34 AM
Who wants to bet that this is how "FX150 Wipeout" would turn out?

abukii
19th January 2010, 03:16 AM
lol...maybe the Wipeout FX25...

limited-velocity
20th January 2010, 09:18 PM
:mr-t says: i pity the fool who wouldent want to see rally in this in game :rock

Kyonshi
20th January 2010, 10:25 PM
I'm not against different types of terrain in this game, but how it was done in Wipeout Fusion annoyed me like hell. I mean, at 1000km/h Phantom Class, a tiniest dust trail become a freakin' sandstorm! That's not the place to have a rally circuit like in the desert. Maybe solid ice like on a frozen lake or even grass in some kinda of field would be cool. Not so much dense dust or snow would be sent in air, preserving a great racing line and visibility. A short portion of a track could also pass over a small river, allowing spectacular water spraying effect to enhance the feeling :)

Lance
21st January 2010, 01:46 PM
Pity me.

It wouldn't be WipEout.

yawnstretch
16th March 2010, 08:43 AM
Fellow pilots, I have just awoken from deep slumber with the remnants of a fantastic dream of wipeout's future and natural terrain combined with some artificiality was the theme.

I have high hopes for this concept.

Count me in!

yeldar2097
16th March 2010, 11:29 AM
Pity me.

It wouldn't be WipEout.

It would be Fatal Inertia ;)

ACE-FLO
17th March 2010, 05:44 AM
enter Lance,

Pity me.

It wouldn't be WipEout.

enter Yeldar2097,

It would be Fatal Inertia ;)

enter ACE-FLO

More like MarioKart :lol

Sengoku
29th July 2010, 04:28 AM
Even though I am a huge fan of Rally games, Wipeout and Rally just dont mix ;]

Xpand
29th July 2010, 01:43 PM
Rally is awesome! Can you imagine these craft flying at 800 km/h with clouds of dust behind them!

Sengoku
29th July 2010, 03:52 PM
Haha then you couldnt tell where you were going then ;)

Kiwi_Stig
5th October 2010, 12:16 AM
Point to point, yes. A WipEout version of Pikes Peak.....

Rally, not really. Too much dust and stuff getting thrown up, which means you'd be flying blind if you were at the back of the pack. That, plus the lack of a defined track in the off-road sections, were the two things that annoyed me the most about Fusion (as well as the hideously violent AI)...
Not to mention the constant bumpiness of a dirt/snow track would start to get annoying after a while.

Nutcase:259
5th October 2010, 11:32 AM
Dust and Stuff getting thrown up would be awsome. you could switch to like a psychedelic x ray vision mode or something (like zone mode but more crazy). could drain power or something so you dont constantly use it, and force you to do some blind sections. do agree that racing on gravel and terrain would be a bit wierd so you'd have to do it some other way. like some sort of VR simulated environment that throws up crazy space dust (no? :lol) to keep it in a futuristic style

a point to point thing would be cool too

nexekho
5th October 2010, 05:31 PM
Not to mention the constant bumpiness of a dirt/snow track would start to get annoying after a while.

Wipeout is meant to be floaty and soft, it's only the recent games which have forgotten this Fusion especially.

A-Tomic_Power
28th October 2010, 05:10 PM
I've always imagined that wipeout would be like F1 on-track racing while rollcage would be more similar to rallying or rallycross. (Both are from Psygnosis so they sort of could co-exist.)

UB3R~JKP
28th October 2010, 09:07 PM
Aww man, that sounds Incredible...imagine WO Rally :D

Szei
2nd November 2010, 07:11 AM
I'm not against different types of terrain in this game, but how it was done in Wipeout Fusion annoyed me like hell. I mean, at 1000km/h Phantom Class, a tiniest dust trail become a freakin' sandstorm! That's not the place to have a rally circuit like in the desert. Maybe solid ice like on a frozen lake or even grass in some kinda of field would be cool. Not so much dense dust or snow would be sent in air, preserving a great racing line and visibility. A short portion of a track could also pass over a small river, allowing spectacular water spraying effect to enhance the feeling :)

Yea. Sandstorms would be impractical. Going through fields though? Trails of fire... and a frozen lake? LOL! Everyone in the back of the pack would be screwed. That would be rather comical though. Maybe they should make that just for laughs. =D Would be visually stunning though to see the lake melt away though.

amplificated
2nd November 2010, 07:21 AM
I think both point-to-point tracks and some more nature would be nice additions to Wipeout; I've thought about things I'd like to see in a new game and both ideas have come to my mind too. But as others have said, I don't think vision limiting is a valid idea for Wipeout as we know it.