PDA

View Full Version : A FX150 wipeout?

OneAVGNFan
4th January 2010, 10:47 PM
There should be a game that takes place after Fusion but before Pure. I have heard that according to Wipeout history, amutuers and Purists raced before the establishment the the FX300 called the FX150. There should be a game about that.:P

abukii
6th January 2010, 11:18 AM
I agree. Id welcome a new WipEout game anytime :)

AG-wolf
6th January 2010, 02:20 PM
hey, ****, that would be kinda cool... they could give it a more ragged feel rather than the streamlined clean futuristic style it could be kinda grungy industrial with some really brutal tracks :D I always liked the "dark" atmosphere of XL/2097 and 64, they could kinda take cues from those games

kaori
6th January 2010, 03:14 PM
Hey guys, you are 1-year late !
Click here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5287)
Unfortunately, the project was stopped.

ACE-FLO
6th January 2010, 03:34 PM
So um, why was it stopped? Sounded like it coulda been a lot of fun. :?

kaori
6th January 2010, 05:08 PM
The project was too ambitious :dizzy, that demotivated some people with time.
Have you seen this crazy track (sorry I don't know who have done that) :
Concept 1 (http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1224852220.jpg)
Concept 2 (http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1224850970.jpg)
Concept 3 (http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1226252162.jpg)
Concept 4 (http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1226252223.jpg)

Lance
7th January 2010, 02:25 PM
plus one on the suggestion. A couple of people, including me, have suggested when we first read the history, that it would be great to have an official Sony release of a game based on the 150 league. That raw, roughly organised racing on ruined old tracks would be awesome. I'm glad to see this idea brought up again. :+

A fan game is not likely to ever happen, unfortunately; it just takes too much discipline and sustained enthusiasm over a long period of time for a purely volunteer effort to succeed in more than a tiny percentage of starts.

ACE-FLO
16th January 2010, 11:43 AM
The FX150 would be something though, eh? I mean, yeah - they wanna do something about that idea...

... got a feeling if it looked like I imagine it would... with old railways being used as part of the track, with bridge conversions on already recognizable world sites (like Big Ben in London) or Niagra Falls, something something... The appeal would be a lil more promising to gamers because of the modern relevance to places we all know, and exist!!! NOt no Moa T type track, (which resembles more of a seaside flume from a swimming pool than anything else)...

Add to this, a range of weapons which aren't as techy as some we havce in the FX300/350/400/ - maybe weps like "SMOKE TRAIL" which jets out the back of your ship, enveloping the competition behind you, in a thick cloud of smoke for a sec or 2... or how about spikes which can push out of the side of the ship to pierce the hulls of other ships when they try to ram you off track?

Basically, It would be awesome to see a WipEout game which preludes the leagues we have known to date, which gives us some kind of beleivable structure to the WipEr universe in terms of Ship, Track and Weapons development and progression over the leagues - so we can see how the world of Anti-Grav combat racing got to where it is in the FX350 in a kinda time frame way... na am sayin?

Probably not, I'm lean man! :mr-t

MrSmadSmartAlex
16th January 2010, 12:09 PM
...Moa T type track, (which resembles more of a seaside flume from a swimming pool than anything else)...
Haha! True, and yet another reason not to like that track. :D

...so we can see how the world of Anti-Grav combat racing got to where it is in the FX350 in a kinda time frame way...
Actually, it's got to where it is in the FX400, in terms of timeline. Also, I think the FX150 is set after Fusion and before Pure, rather than before all of the games. ;)

But, yeah, I'd like to see a more "crude" Wipeout game based on the FX150, and that "smoke trails" idea is great! Those sorts of weapons would be much better for racing, rather than the ridiculous armageddon from recent WOs (especially HD) that not only take 99% of your shield with one weapon hit, but stop you dead (or even make you drift helplessly for a few seconds!:lol), ruining the race completely.

ACE-FLO
16th January 2010, 08:53 PM
Yes, you have a point Ben - the FX150 was after Fusion. Regarding that thing where a hit from a wep can leave you drifting for a few secs (in HD, but also sometimes in Pulse), sucks like anything. But I did try doing an airbrake wiggle thing whilst holding thrust and I think it helps you recover faster, so less time is lost... still feels slow... dunno, maybe not??? lol

SaturnReturn
16th January 2010, 08:56 PM
What's an airbrake wiggle? I think I need it.

ACE-FLO
17th January 2010, 03:18 PM
the Air-brake wiggle. I discovered out of sheer panic - yeah, got Bombwiched, ship = dead stop/stationary, so in panic, I press airbrakes L R L R L whilst holding thrust down... ship wiggles for a split sec, then takes off... sometimes faster than I expect it too... doesn't always work though. Dunno mate, try it out and let us all know if this could be a good speed recovery method :)