PDA

View Full Version : Wwwc 2010

MetaKraken
8th December 2009, 07:30 PM
The WWWC 2010

The World Winter WipEout 2010 will celebrate anti gravity combat racing in a new format, across multiple speed classes, and multiple race modes, all packed together on one exciting package, to last over one weekend. The aim is to have a good mix of nations and their best representative pilots for the main events, participating in a global stage by stage knock out tournament.

The format is an exciting one and 1 Pilot, representing 1 nation - will take home the Glorious Title of World Winter WipEout Champion 2010… This is it, the tournament you’ve been waiting for! But is it yours for the taking? With only 3 entrants per country represented, and 16 places in the Quarter Finals to fill, those with a calling for anti gravity combat racing will face off in a series of events which has already sold out all its spectator seats and DataCast network sponsorships…

Regulators…. Mount Up :cowboy

__________________________________________________ __________

The Selection Process (QUALIFYING PROCESS): The WWWC 2010 allows the main events to feature 16 Pilots from an assortment of nations, sporting numerous ships. However, there may be too many pilots from any one nation in attendance. In such a situation, it will be necessary for these pilots to run through the Selection Process Tourneys and the top 3 scoring pilots get through the selection process. #1

#1 For example - Hellfire, Amorbis and Dark_Phantom89 and myself ACE-FLO all enter for GRB but only 3 slots are allocated for each country - we will have to race a 2 X 4 race tournaments one in flash and one in phantom, and only the top 3 scoring pilots will get through to the Quarter Finals Stage.

Selection Process Tournament (THE QUALIFIERS): All Pilots are required to race through this stage, for the selection process. You will race in your own time zones reflective of the countries. Note, you will ONLY be racing your fellow countrymen in this stage (so organise the racing times amongst yourselves), and if necessary, countries with more pilots than there are available slots for that country - will have to weed out their weakest pilots, as per example above (see ref #1)

Countries with less than 2 pilots representing them, will be exempt from this stage, and auto-qualify for the next stage (Quarter Finals) - this is to ensure that all countries get a fair shot at representing a pilot at least! In this situation, it may be that the number of pilots available for a team may increase, dependent on the number of teams and pilots available for the quarter final stages. I will keep you updated.

The points system in the Selection stage will be the standard system employed by the WipEout HD Fury scoring system. So, whatever the result displayed on your TV at the end of each tournament is to be tallied up and totalled to determine the overall points awarded to each pilot.

The Selection Process Tournament Information and Rules: The selection process tournament comprises of two tournaments, at the end of the two tournaments, points for each pilot are tallied up and submitted on this thread. I will then edit/update the scores table, this will continue to happen during the course of the tournament.

Selection Tournament 1
Flash Tournament: 3 Races / Weapons OFF / Barrel Rolls OFF / Pilot Assist OFF
Race 1 Vineta K Forward
Race 2 Chenghou Project Reverse
Race 3 Moa Therma Reverse

Selection Tournament 2
Phantom tournament: 3 Races / Weapons ON / Weapons Hints OFF / Barrel Rolls ON / Pilot Assist OFF
Race 1 Anulpha Pass Forward
Race 2 Tech De Ra Reverse
Race 3 Talons Junction Forward

The above mentioned/planned tourneys are an example only and is subject to change. This tournament is "UNDER CONSTRUCTION"

Important: Remember to keep a record of the tournament results and please ensure that when hosting the room for the selection process, that you have made the room “private” by making it password protected - the Hoster is responsible for relaying the password for the room to the other pilots, please make sure all pilots are agreed upon their racing dates/times beforehand. Thank you.

For other events, points are calculated using an alternative method, for a reason, as you will see.

The Quarter Finals

The main events stage is where the remaining 16 Pilots will be split into 4 groups, the pilots will be selected from an online application which will generate pilot names into groups, randomly (thank you Connavar :)) - so maintaining an interest in fair selection. On to the guide for the Quarter Finals.

The four groups, Group A, Group B, Group C and Group D will have 4 pilots in each, this will be the Quarter Finals stage of the main event and only the top scoring 1 pilot from each group will make it through to the Semi-Finals. The races will be split over a few tourneys at Venom, Flash and Rapier speeds then an endurance race in Rapier.

Date: Saturday 13th February 2010 Time: To Be Confirmed
Race Format - To Be Confirmed.

The Semi Finals

So, the top scoring pilot from each group gets through to this stage. At this stage, only 4 Pilots will remain to battle it out in a no holds barred selection of mini tournaments and an endurance race across Rapier and Phantom speeds only… competition will be fierce, there will be no friends on the track - Fury will be in your veins, and your adrenaline, amplified! It’s all or nothing! Go For It!!!

Date: Sunday 14th February 2010 Time: To Be Confirmed
Race Format: To be Confirmed.

Then FINAL

Only 2 Pilots remain, it all comes down to this!

This is what High Speed Anti Gravity Combat Racing at its most competitive is all about! 2 X 3race tournaments, over two formats - all at Phantom Speed, Weapons ON / Weapon Hints OFF / Barrel Rolls ON / Pilot Assist OFF then it’s the same 3 tracks, with Weapons OFF / Barrel Rolls OFF / Pilot Assist OFF…

And Finally, The Online Zone Battle between the two finalists! Scores will then be tallied to determine the Champion and the Runners Uppers of the WWWC 2010 Championship! Good Luck to all! :rock

Date of Finals: To Be agreed by the finalists
Time of Finals to commence: To be agreed by the finalists
Details of Final races: To Be Confirmed

Point Scoring System for Quarter Finals Stages onwards:

1st POS - 10 points
2nd POS - 7 points
3rd POS - 5 points
4th POS - 3 points

Disconnected in Race - 1 point
DNF - 0 points

PLEASE READ: The reason why I’ve given a pilot who is "Disconnected in Race" 1 point is for a very good reason. I got this idea from the TeamLink division scoring system. The reason why it was initially implemented was because, sometimes good pilots suffer disconnections/micro freezes and absurd game compromising issues - which leads to the pilot getting booted out of the race, or being forced to quit a race (NOT RAGE QUITTING - that's a disqualification) - these issues appear as obvious when a pilot who is in the top 3 positions, suddenly disappears from a race - this is always almost definitely a Disconnection. The pilot was disconnected through no fault of his/her own, instead he/she suffered a disconnection from forces outside of their own powers. In such a situation, it is fair to award a pilot who suffers a disconnection during a race, 1 point for that race, as their intention was to finish the race. You will notice that the lowest score awarded for a pilot who finishes in last postiion, is 3 points, so last place still gets awarded more points for finishing, than the pilot who got disconnected...

It is recommended that a chat-room is open in your group so pilots can easily be notified/determine when a Disconnection took place.

Other Rules

1. No cheating (this includes going the wrong way, track blocking, etc.)
2. No Rage Quitting races (this will result in 0 points for that event)
3. No hate PMs (this counts as a disqualification as well - lets keep it friendly)
4. No Pilot Assist
5. No Retreat / No Surrender

Participating players and country represented:

MetaKraken (PRI)
Deep Mix (SLV)
Connavar (BEL)
Leungbok (FRA)
eLhabib (AUT)
djKyoto (AUS)
Koleax (USA/CAN) ? Please specify
Kyonshi (CAN)
ACE-FLO (GBR)
Amorbis (GBR)
hellfire (GBR)
Osama_bin_Haydn (GBR)
Dark_Phantom_89 (GBR)

Only a maximum of 8 Pilot candidates from a any one country can race in the Selection Process (Qualifiers) races! let's roll this one out peeps!

Race Modes which will be included in the WWWC2010 are as follows:

Single Race
Tournament
Eliminator
Zone Battle
Endurance

Dark_Phantom_89
8th December 2009, 07:53 PM
How many participants would there be for each country?

SaturnReturn
8th December 2009, 08:02 PM
Can you explain a bit more? For example, how many people from a nation take part in each event? You mention team work, but Olympics are often more individual events. Is that what you had planned? I think that would be more successful at the moment, and would take less organising.

Also, I don't understand your reasoning for banning Icaras, especially outright when events are so varied.

(DP posted while I was typing/playing WipEout :P)

Medusa
8th December 2009, 08:07 PM
Really no barrel rolls during the whole thing? (Still no ps3, contemplating, is 1 /2 months enough time to figure out a new wo game,...:hyper somebody push me over the edge will ya?)

Seriously though if I can get in HD shape by then you bet count me in.

P.S. I'm wondering is the Feb. 13the qualifying, or are all the pre-tournament days considered qualifying? Or is a free-for-all anybody can enter?

Amorbis
8th December 2009, 08:12 PM
Rules #2,#3 and #5 are going to be hard to police. If I ever disconnect it'll be my internet being rubbish or an important issue, I understand that people might quit but the people here on the Zone don't do it intentionally to my knowledge. Banning Icaras is silly if you ask me, why not ban Harimau? Or Piranha? Or any other ship? If Icaras was as good as to need banning we would all be using it, which we don't. After all it isn't exactly Piranha a la 2097/64.

Other than that it sounds good. We'll need some participation rules for country entries etc. as well.

MetaKraken
8th December 2009, 08:16 PM
Icaras is a pretty fast ship, but it's too favourable for players because they find it easy to win.

leungbok
8th December 2009, 08:16 PM
No Icaras (yes, Icaras is cool and all, but its too easy to win, and therefore lacks any discipline of true racing, so we want a fair and epic race).

Lol. It don't applies to the phantom racers ;)

eLhabib
8th December 2009, 08:18 PM
We are lucky to have a wipEout game where the ships are as balanced as possible - I don't see a reason for banning any particular ship.
Yes, Icaras is fast, but so is Piranha. And just because it's fast doesn't mean easy wins. Good luck with Icaras in an eliminator event.

Plus, as leungbok pointed out, in phantom class the speed difference is so minimal that piloting skill becomes way more important.

MetaKraken
8th December 2009, 08:20 PM
It depends on how many countries playes can participate (until the start of the WWWC ceremony). Also, Barrel Rolls are off for Zone Battles because you must depend on their shields. Barrel Rolling can be a risk between shield depletion and added speed. Also, for those with itnernet problems, make sure you PM one of the guys from the forums. This will not deduct you points, but otherwise, will result in a DNF or (did not participate).

eLhabib
8th December 2009, 08:21 PM
Also, Barrel Rolls are off for Zone Battles because you must depend on their shields. Barrel Rolling can be a risk between shield depletion and added speed.

Shouldn't the decision wether to take a risk or not be up to the pilot rather than regulation?

MetaKraken
8th December 2009, 08:25 PM
If that's how you want, then I'll likely edit out (but most of the tracks are straight, so barrel rolling on straight tracks are unlikely).

As for now, feel free to participate (as I will add players from different countries in my main post, and the same goes for countries

Medusa
8th December 2009, 08:28 PM
In reality, this is your challenge in "the arena", Metakraken so you could make whatever rules you want. But of course then players tend to drop off when things get too sticky/picky.

MetaKraken
8th December 2009, 08:37 PM
@SaturnReturn: participants from other nations are open until Feb. 13, thus closing the participation. Then, Let's say in the afternoon (which depends what time it is in different regions), the opening ceremony for the WWWC 2010 will begin.

Also, I have to ban Icaras in Phantom/Rapier (except Venom and Flash) class because it's too favourable and its too easy to win, EXCEPT that it can participate in Eliminator events. Its teamwork, but since the game only features up to a maximum of 8 players in the game, it has to be split into groups (unless a player in the same nation, the scores are highly dependable; team-killing will not deduct the player team's antions points)

And to top it off, let's say that I need someone to create the WWWC 2010 logo (Winter Wipeout World Cup 2010; similar to the Vancouver 2010 logo), in order to begin the FX racing ceremony :D.

Merge Line----------------------------------------------------------Merge Line

@Medusa: That might be true, but the most important thing for them is to practice hard (all events, except Zone and Detonator) in Elite difficulty. The more they practice, the more they become more skilled. Plus, when it comes with selecting ships, FEISAR. is an excellent ship for Sebenco Climb, both forward and reverse.

SaturnReturn
8th December 2009, 08:48 PM
OK, so people register individually, and then you see how to split it up into different events? Is that right?

You've got plenty of time so that could work. But I think it should be made clear to everyone whether they are going to have to take part in all the events, or whether they can only do one of them. Not everyone who will like endurance races will also like eliminator.

I'm not trying to criticise, just trying to clarify and throw some suggestions around.

Also, as Medusa says, you can ban Icaras if you want, but I feel what you say about it being too easy to win really isn't the case, and I don't know where that idea comes from. I think for maximum interest, you would be better off including it. There aren't actually that many Icaras pilots anyway. I think a better rule, if you want to see varied ship choices, would be to specify that each pilot chooses only one ship for all events. With a big mix, it would be interesting to see what people choose. Although again, people would ideally know which events they were to take part in before they choose.

MetaKraken
8th December 2009, 08:58 PM
Cool. Also, I have seen most players using Icaras (I'm more of an AG-SYS guy, but I'm into using other ships) I always encounter online and they seem to brag about the Icaras, and that worries me. Also, I know the Tournament races are too long, just trying to make this last event memorable. Oh and I don't have a video camera which allows me to record it from the video game, so I need someone to do it. It's like form a Wii game, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (sorry if its off-topic, just giving you ideas) where it has cool trailers.

If you have any suggestions for me to edit out the events, then feel free to post it.

Dark_Phantom_89
8th December 2009, 09:23 PM
I still don't know if more than one person from the same country can compete in the same event :S

MetaKraken
8th December 2009, 09:28 PM
I can split them into groups (maximum of 8 for each nation) from Group A to Group E.

XBARNSTERX
9th December 2009, 10:28 AM
Why cant we have plain old racing.. sign, i miss hd. Classic ships/tracks FTW!:nod

Vartazian
9th December 2009, 11:38 AM
Your rules are absolutely atrocious. Banning a single ship? Rubbish. No BRs in Zone Battle? Why? Because it might actually benefit someone? Reading this is seems az though your eliminating anything and everything that might place someone ahead of you.

Nothng makes sense, there's no clarity. Why specific courses over others? Are you better at those courses? Time challenges for zone battle? Set zone limits not times. Your rules are so specific it takes the fun out of everything. I don't see this taking off unless some of these atrocious and unreasonable rules are changed.

Fix your ship problem by doing this : ban no ships or all but one not a single ship because it may beat you...

Absolutely absurd...

Aeroracer
9th December 2009, 12:36 PM
you cant really justify banning a ship from your event.I could say ban goteki 45 becau its got to much boost and varti always gets to the weapon pads first so its not fair.
tbo honest all ships are good and should be allowed.

apart from that it would be good to have an event but it needs a bit more work on it.i like to race but i dont like eliminator.other players tend to be like this too.they like certain things, but not others..

but who knows maybe there are enough players who like all these events it will not be an issue.

at least you have come up with a idea so thats half the battle:)

Lance
9th December 2009, 12:46 PM
More like a twentieth. At best. I say this from experience at organising a WZ racing event with complex rules. Someone else had the idea and I did the organising and someone else did the needed time adjustments to make the results mean something.

In that case the idea was about one-fiftieth of the battle.

hm... I have to admit there was one I did that was so simple that the event was completed in a few days. There was hardly any work at all.

But this one is going to be difficult just to get enough people to agree to the rules to get the competition started.

Medusa
9th December 2009, 03:45 PM
Let me start off with this: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3588&highlight=creed A ripoff of the Special O creed.

This has always been a haven for wipeout lovers who are good sports. As was mentioned by Lance, big events/challenges like this are hard to organize, so why are people shooting Metakraken down so fast and hard? You can be polite in your disagreement at least. I was ticked off reading the words "atrocious" and "absurd" and it's not even my idea.

It is only practical to select a limited amount of specific courses for each event when there are going to be so many participating.

There have to be specific rules to be followed, or else what difference does it make that this is a challenge in the arena? If there weren't specific rules and order to this, it would be pointless to organize. You could go look at the rankings pages and skip the whole contest.

Good sportsmanship, healthy competitiveness, most of all fun and love of the game. Let's show this a little more, can't we?

Regarding the actual challenge:
SaturnReturn had a good idea about everyone picking one ship and sticking with it the whole tourney. (If you do allow Icaras, that way the advantage on low speed classes will even out with the disadvantages of it on Phantom.)

P.S. The sooner you decide on a definite rule scheme the better, then you can post and people can say for certaintly "yes I'll participate" or "no I don't want to". Otherwise there will tend to be as many opinions about the rules as there are posters.
Just like the Olympics, the rules are clear and those who don't want to follow them, don't play. (Or else they get caught and humiliated for their cheating drug use years after their multi-million dollar promotional contracts.)

mic-dk
9th December 2009, 03:57 PM
+1 Medusa :+

It's MetaKrakens idea of The WOlympics (Since the World Cup name is already taken :) ) - no need to shout him down.

I also like the idea about selecting one ship and sticking to it throughout the competition.

kaori
9th December 2009, 04:08 PM
I race with AG-Systems and I want to kill some Icaras :bomb

To forbid Icaras in Phantom class, but to allow it in Venom class is the inverse of common sense !

MetaKraken
9th December 2009, 04:36 PM
I have changed the rules for the main page. Hope this helps. Also, don't throw insults on me. If you guys could've at LEAST read my note from the first page, it means that EVERYONE can help me out, buut if you wish for me to cancel the event, then that's ok. You're only going to miss everything out.

kaori
9th December 2009, 05:44 PM
You should put a timetable for the events !
And you shouldn't register all people who have posted here, i'm surprised to see leungbok in group A.

Good luck.

MetaKraken
9th December 2009, 05:47 PM
Unfourtunately, I suck at PhotoShop (because I am highly inexpereinced at this. Also, I only added it for those who want to particapate. If they or they don't want to participate, then can send me a message through my profile. Then I'll edit them out.

kaori
9th December 2009, 05:54 PM
Why PhotoShop ? :P
No I just mean you should tell us what time will the events start.

MetaKraken
9th December 2009, 06:01 PM
Yeah I will. But I mean the scoreboards (which determines country/player names, etc.)

mic-dk
10th December 2009, 05:56 AM
And you shouldn't register all people who have posted here, i'm surprised to see leungbok in group A.

I am surprised to find myself in Group A with Leungbok.

@MetaKraken - I'm pretty sure I won't be participating in the WOlympics, since most of the disciplines are not really my thing. I was just lending my support (such as it is) to Medusas call for civility.

OBH
10th December 2009, 01:52 PM
Excellent idea :+

Put me down for this, my internet will surely be delivered by February (2 weeks late already!)

Only bit im confused about is not being able to use icaras on anything EXCEPT venom races!? I thought icaras were even better at slower speeds?

ACE-FLO
10th December 2009, 02:10 PM
the NO ICARAS rule needs serious revision here, Metakraken. Yes, Icaras is a very quick ship and a joy to pilot, but its shield stat lets it down, thus, the Icaras is as balanced as the other ships, give or take a stat. I certainly do not feel that the Icaras holds an unfair advantage at Phantom speeds. I've seen more Icaras DNF than any other ship in Hd Fury...

... as for hosting, I see my name up there, :? i'll try to host, but not promising as the 13th Feb is a day before valentines and there's a chance I won't be in the country... let's see.

also, Metakraken - i take it, that the races you chose for this event, were chosen to satisfy some criteria? I only ask this, because they seem pretty random. An explanation would be appreciated :) cheers

MetaKraken
10th December 2009, 06:50 PM
^^No problem. Just let them know that is they want to participate in the WWWC, they should send me a message via my profile ;).

@ACE-FLO: Its okay if you wish not to participate. If they want to participate, tehn they can message me from my profile and I'll edit them out.

ACE-FLO
10th December 2009, 07:04 PM
I'd love to participate, sounds like its gonna be a blaaaaaaast :) just depends on whether i'm here or somewhere else ;)

:rock on, buddy! :)

MetaKraken
10th December 2009, 07:07 PM
Cool! Oh, and the WWWC will start in the afternoon. As of now, you're in Group B.

Vartazian
10th December 2009, 07:13 PM
Im telling you this whole Icaras thing isnt justified. You should really change it.

Icaras is LOADS better at slower speeds then at Phantom. Ask ANY experienced pilot this.

MetaKraken
10th December 2009, 07:20 PM
^^At least the Icaras is allowed for Torunament (Phantom class), including Zone Battle and Eliminator.

Vartazian
10th December 2009, 08:09 PM
Your comparing this to the olympics right?

Thats like saying... Alright! 100 Meter Dash! But you? Your Kenyan, your not allowed to race.

Fair? No.

MetaKraken
10th December 2009, 08:23 PM
I can cancel this event if you want. In fact, I changed the rules for the WWWC once again.

DeepMix
10th December 2009, 09:59 PM
i would love to participate metakraken, finally we can use fury ships and other modes rather than just single races :)

MetaKraken
10th December 2009, 10:35 PM
^^You are now in Group B with ACE-FLO ;).

ACE-FLO
11th December 2009, 03:19 AM
Metakraken, this WWWC has the potential to attract many types of pilot, from the venonous to the demonic phantoms, and gives us a few different variatians in gameplay too. A tourney such as this one requires a serious and in-depth planning. Time frames are key, we are international pilots. Add to this - you have to make fully available, the scoring system for all events, taking into consideration that DC's do not count as penalty, just dnf. The scoring system should be a fair one, and agreed upon by all who take part in WWWC 2010.

Speaking of fair, I really do believe that Icaras be allowed to fly high. I am AG-SYS myself, and race Phantom all the time, no probs for me. Thing is, a prejudice against Icaras really is unjustified if you think about it. If any team is disallowed from any event, the whole WWWC 2010 will be a disaster. The interest for the event will die within days, as no one will want to be in it. :( I could be wrong, what do you think?

how bout putting icaras to the vote? that's fair! :)

Vartazian
11th December 2009, 03:41 AM
After the revision of the rules. im all for this event. Good luck to all you competitors.

MetaKraken
11th December 2009, 12:03 PM
Sure thing, ACE-FLO. I'll create a WWWC 2010 club and I'll let everyone know :).

I can design scoreboards, but for each group and it takes time (as I only have MS Paint and my hand is'nt steady enough to make a great scoreboard :( ).

EDIT: You are now in Group B with ACE-FLo and DeepMix. If you can host, then I will add you to the first player in Group B.

ACE-FLO
11th December 2009, 01:02 PM
The Socring system doesn't need to be done in MS Paint or anything, just a simple table with results for each race and the tallied points for each participant will be sufficient. Have you seen the TeamLink results from the Pulse sessions months ago? some of those were done in pencil and scanned in, lol, but they worked - did the job.

What I really think you need to make clear is the point scoring system, for example, how many points for 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc - does DNF count for 0 points and a DC count for 1 point? or is a DC just 0 points? Do the participants agree with the scoring system?

The ICARAS issue is another very focal issue here, :? I know I sound like a parrot, and I've said it all before, but I honestly feel that if Icaras isn't allowed to fly phantom, then there won't be an interst in this event. And its the pilots who dont fly ICaras who will be kicking up a fuss about it, including me.

Metakraken, do I have your permission to take a vote for the inclusion of Icaras?

Let's make this event, all it can be...

EDIT: Metakraken, a group for this event is a good idea, but leave it for now. Let's see if the first event is a success first, everything can be discussed here in this thread, centrally - so all the information stays together and is easy to find/reference. Once the event has taken place, proves to be a format we can work with - then it would be ideal to start a group. By this time, the artists at wipeoutzone would have no doubt decided to contribute designs and logos for the group - helping it to look like a proper group should. Good things will happen. ;)

MetaKraken
11th December 2009, 01:07 PM
I have'nt checked out in the Pulse section. And anyone can can vote the Icaras whether it can be used or not (I'm not stopping anyone from using Icaras).

Both DNF and DC will have 0 points when it comes with connection issues.

Also, 1st place is 10 points, 2nd place is 8 points, 3rd is 6 points and 4th is 4 points. Players that are in 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th place will earn only 1 point.

As told before, I removed with the Icaras debate and it can be used now for all events.

ACE-FLO
11th December 2009, 01:44 PM
WELL DONE Sir, no need for the vote :)

For your information, I've included a scoring system which allows for closer competition on the score tables. Check it out, work with it... for example, make up a mock 4 race tournament with 8 pilots, and calculate the scores at the end of each imagined race - using both scoring systems. You'll find that the version I am offering for your event is better for the closeness of competition, it keeps things interesting on the boards.

My fear is that, those pilots who regularly finish in 5th - 8th position, will all end up with the same scores, therefore leading to not having the sense of accomplishment for the lower tier pilots. For example, over a 4 race tourney - if Pilot X finishes 5th every race, pilot Y finishes in 6th every race, pilot Z finishes in 7th every race and pilot 0 finishes in 8th every race - then they'll all have the same points, but clearly, pilot Y would have proved to be a better pilot on that occasion, yet get's no recognition in points scored for it!?!

Anyway, here's my point scoring system:

1st POS - 10 points
2nd POS - 8 points
3rd POS - 7 points
4th POS - 6 points
5th POS - 5 points
6th POS - 4 points
7th POS - 3 points
8th POS - 2 points

DNF - 0 points

The reason why i've given "Disconnected in race" 1 point is for a very good reason. I got this idea from the TeamLink division scoring system. The reason why it was initially implemented was because, sometimes good pilots suffer disconnections/micro freezes and ubsurd game compromising issues - which leads to the pilot getting booted out of the race, or being forced to quit a race (NOT RAGE QUITTING - that's a disqualification) - these issues appear as obvious when a pilot who is in the top 3 positions, suddenly disappears from a race - this is always almost definitely a Disconnection. The pilot was disconnected through no fault of his/her own, instead he/she suffered a disconnection from forces outside of their own powers. In such a situation, it is fair to award a pilot who suffers a disconnection during a race, 1 point for that race, as their intention was to finish the race. You will notice that the lowest score awarded for a pilot who finishes in last postiion, is 2 points, so last place still gets awarded more points for finishing, than the pilot who got disconnected...

...it's a fair system and if employed, will help to see the popularity and interest generated for the WWWC 2010 escalate, to new heights.

I wanna see this event through, I really do...

Never been in an organised tourney in anything less than phantom class - this will be a welcome change for me :)

Metakraken, let me know what you think of the scoring system... I hope you like it. It will work wonders for the boards - do the mock races over both scoring systems and you'll see. Cheers for all your ideas, and for taking the initaitive to make this event happen...

regards,

ACE-FLO
AirLicker Group
A.L.T.E.R.N
Tez Dharkan Technologies

MetaKraken
11th December 2009, 01:53 PM
Looks good, ACE-FLO. Now that I have created a club of my own (see my profile) all I need is the WWWC 2010 logo, and i can let everyone know.

ACE-FLO
11th December 2009, 02:50 PM
ok, I'm a member now... damn I'm a member of a lotta groups :mr-t

Looking good mate, the logo will come, in good time ;)

Connavar
11th December 2009, 02:58 PM
I'm interested :)
However, about the groups, you should have a computer randomly decide,
based on global rankings, I can make the online program for this.
Anyway, I plan to have this event on the website :)

MetaKraken
11th December 2009, 03:07 PM
Unfourtunately, since this is the first time I created this club, I'm a little inexperienced about this :|.

As of now, Connavar, you're in Group B :).

ACE-FLO
11th December 2009, 03:07 PM
WOW, that's a great idea Connavar. You host the ranking site right? I've seen it and gotta say - it looks really fantastic. Your leaderboards are fairer than the official one and allow for much more too.

Having you contribute your skills and programs to this event, and even showing the event on your website will be a great booster for the popularity of this format.

I'm sure Metakraken will appreciate having a randomly generated program picking pilots for their respective groups - makes for a much fairer (uncontested) placement of pilots.

Connavar, what do you think of the points system I mentioned in my post before the last one? Since you know if points scoring systems will work or not, I want to run this by you as well.

I'm very pleased you are helping with this, you are a definite asset to the WWWC 2010. Thank you Connavar :)

We're looking good, peeps :g

Amorbis
11th December 2009, 08:02 PM
You can sign me up, if you wouldn't mind. The rule revisions have made it sound like a good event. Perhaps us Brits will have a better time here than we did at the World Cup, I'll have to make sure I don't get out of shape after Christmas!

Also on the groups, choosing based on Connavar's site would be a good choice. We don't want an unbalanced group with a too diverse line-up. Not that I'm saying we have any bad pilots around here. ;)

MetaKraken
11th December 2009, 08:19 PM
You've been assigned to Group B, Amorbis :).

MetaKraken
11th December 2009, 11:07 PM
We need more players for those who want to participate in the WWC 2010 (Groups C & D are completely vacant).

ACE-FLO
12th December 2009, 01:29 AM
Metakraken, how are ya, buddy? :)

I re-read your first post, and had an idea to help things along!

This is my idea - you should edit your first post to display all the pilots who have signed up for WWWC 2010, but don't assign us to any group divisions. The way the pilots should be chosen for the groups, is through the C+ app which Connavar has offered for the placement of pilots. The program was written for this purpose, using it ensures that no pilot can question which group they are in, as all results are randomly generated, as opposed to being dictated. You'll be surprised at the uproar that this can avoid.

Displaying the pilot names without groups, will allow Connavar to enter their names into the application, and once all the names are entered - the application will sort the names into groups, and all done randomly. Like proper tournaments.

what do you think? ;)

MetaKraken
12th December 2009, 02:02 AM
IDK... it's a good idea, but I have to add them in either groups in order to fill up each of the four Groups (and I left one from Groub B of which player can participate and host).

ACE-FLO
12th December 2009, 02:41 AM
Well, the WWWC 2010 needs 32 pilots, right? Split over 4 groups. The only info you need to display is the pilot names and the country they represent. Once 32 pilot slots are filled, you then enter the pilot names, and country - on Connavars application/program, and it sorts the pilots into groups, while keeping an even mix of pilots from different countries in the groups. It's a Win/wiN situation :g Once the results for pilot groups are generated, you then post that info in this thread. And everyone knows what group they're in. Simple enough. Waiting to be allocated to a group also adds to the anticipation

Connavar is recognised in the international wipEout circuit. His contributions, time and effort to take the 'experience' to the next level are known. You just can't go wrong with his advice when it comes to matters such as the ones atm.

I don't know if you know this or not, but Connavar hosts the best wipeout rankings site imo, check it out if you not sure what i'm talking about. You'll be impressed! :)

MetaKraken
12th December 2009, 11:52 AM
Cool :D!

Connavar
12th December 2009, 02:37 PM
Haha ace-flo, thanks for the compliments, I didn't expect that :)
I'm glad there is such an event, I really needed motivation to finally finish this
event section, and this is it! I was going to forget about it since the game
appeared to be less popular than before, but this will be my final contribution!

ACE-FLO
12th December 2009, 02:43 PM
Wow, a little sad to hear it will be your final contribution. You've done a lot to keep the format interesting and competitive... knowing that you got the beans to do one more is very good news, :) i'm so up for this. Thank you.

MetaKraken
13th December 2009, 06:12 PM
While there is still time for players who want to participate this wonderful event, it seems that no one is noticing about the WWWC 2010 that are still open for players to participate. Let's make it happen while we still can!

Hellfire_WZ
13th December 2009, 06:40 PM
Sign me up, I've got my eye on a few people in here :)

MetaKraken
13th December 2009, 07:10 PM
You are now in Group C :).

ACE-FLO
14th December 2009, 01:43 AM
Metakraken, this event needs to be organised properly. Putting pilots into groups is better done by Connavars program, not you... the program which Connavar is donating to the WWWC 2010 is fairer. The hazard of not using it will be more than evident when it comes to the event.

We want to help make this work, because I feel that your lack of experience in the organisation of international tournaments will ultimately see your idea :paperbag

here are some pointers:

1 - remove the names from the groups, this is the first thing to do. Connavars program/application will do the group placing in a fairer way.

2 - shorten the event, not everyone will be able to race for 2 weekends, together - that means trouble. Run the event over a weekend instead, its better.

3 - revise the first post, with full and clear details of rules, events, and re-read the posts in this thread. Many pilots have asked you questions about rules etc which you haven't answered - not good :paperbag

at this point, i'm concerned!

Amorbis
14th December 2009, 02:26 PM
Ace has some good points there. A short event may not seem so spectacular, but we've just had the World Cup. One weekend that everyone can participate would be good. Although it might be hard to organise, it's still easier than two weekends. Using Connavar's programme to decide groups is fairer in the long run because it has statistics on the pilots to put people in fair groups. That way they will be less arguments over groups as it has been generated.

Hellfire_WZ
14th December 2009, 03:10 PM
I've also just noticed what's in line for the final - a 12 race tournament with 15 laps per race. On average that would be around 90 minutes constant play. I don't know about other people but I'd rarely be able to play constantly for so long without being interrupted for one reason or another (most notably a slash break ;)) Would it be better splitting it maybe into two consecutive 12 race tournaments, forward and reverse, with a lower lap count?

ACE-FLO
14th December 2009, 03:25 PM
Good point there Hellfire (btw - coool tutorials buddy) ... 90mins of constant racing is more of a marathon than olympic event - not many will see it through I think.

Like Hellfire says, splitting the event into 2 X 12 race tourneys, forward and reverse, with a lower lap count, (say 7 laps as a suggestion) would make it easier to cope with. Very good idea imo. :)

kaori
14th December 2009, 03:39 PM
I have an idea, for me 4 groups is cool, but each event should be divided in quarter final, top 4 advance in semi-final (2 group), then top 4 join the final, who give medals to 3 first players and their nation.

And registration for the different events should be independant, for more people join the competition.

MetaKraken
14th December 2009, 04:45 PM
None has asked me about the rules, so please point me out if you find them. And remember what I told you guys that this is my first time I'm doing this so I need all the help I can get! I am in deep struggle with two things, college work and this. Look, I know this is stupid, but if you happen to find an admin, please tell them to help me, because I lack multi-tasking :( :(.

Also, If I lower the lap counts for the tournamet, then it'll be too short. Also, this Tournament is all Forward, thanks to 4 additional tracks from HD Fury, so unless I can make it a 2-lap, Phantom class tournament, the WWWC will be an excitement that fell short...

SaturnReturn
14th December 2009, 05:29 PM
Something that hindered the organisation of the World Cup was everyone coming into one thread and adding their own ideas. For me, the best option would be to use the social group to discuss rules.

MetaKraken, I think it would be good to appoint a group of 5 or so individuals who are willing to help organise and who you trust. Ask some people if they would like to help or ask people to volunteer. They can discuss it in the social group. Then they can take votes and come to decisions together. Once things are finalised you can post the precise details in this thread and everything will be clear as crystal for all those who want to take part. It's good that you established the dates straight away and well in advance, so you still have a fair amount of time to organise it.

Just an idea...

MetaKraken
14th December 2009, 05:31 PM
Yes, but it would be good if a mod can edit out the first page for me, as I myself am not used to multi-tasking. I only have AT LEAST 1 group from ym club and that's ACE-FLO, but that's it. I'll see if I can invite more users to join and help.

ACE-FLO
14th December 2009, 07:47 PM
@Saturn Return - +1 to you mate, cool idea for real. Thanks.

@Metakraken, don't worry mate, leave your posts as they are for now, Once the rules, regulations and the event guide are finalized, I'll draft you up a version and send it in a PM - you can then re-edit your first post, and replace it with the text from the PM I send you... easy beans :) We'll make your excellent idea/vision for WWWC 2010, a reality... :rock

Dark_Phantom_89
14th December 2009, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the social group invitation MetaKraken - I'm looking forward to the games :)

ACE-FLO
23rd December 2009, 07:06 PM
@MetaKraken, here it is, if you like it - you can replace your first post with it! Cheers!

The WWWC 2010

The World Winter WipEout 2010 will celebrate anti gravity combat racing in a new format, across multiple speed classes, and multiple race modes, all packed together on one exciting package, to last over one weekend. The aim is to have a good mix of nations and their best representative pilots for the main events, participating in a global stage by stage knock out tournament.

The format is an exciting one and 1 Pilot, representing 1 nation - will take home the Glorious Title of World Winter WipEout Champion 2010… This is it, the tournament you’ve been waiting for! But is it yours for the taking? With only 3 entrants per country represented, and 16 places in the Quarter Finals to fill, those with a calling for anti gravity combat racing will face off in a series of events which has already sold out all its spectator seats and DataCast network sponsorships…

Regulators…. Mount Up :cowboy

__________________________________________________ __________

The Selection Process (QUALIFYING PROCESS): The WWWC 2010 allows the main events to feature 16 Pilots from an assortment of nations, sporting numerous ships. However, there may be too many pilots from any one nation in attendance. In such a situation, it will be necessary for these pilots to run through the Selection Process Tourneys and the top 3 scoring pilots get through the selection process. #1

#1 For example - Hellfire, Amorbis and Dark_Phantom89 and myself ACE-FLO all enter for GRB but only 3 slots are allocated for each country - we will have to race a 2 X 4 race tournaments one in flash and one in phantom, and only the top 3 scoring pilots will get through to the Quarter Finals Stage.

Selection Process Tournament (THE QUALIFIERS): All Pilots are required to race through this stage, for the selection process. You will race in your own time zones reflective of the countries. Note, you will ONLY be racing your fellow countrymen in this stage (so organise the racing times amongst yourselves), and if necessary, countries with more pilots than there are available slots for that country - will have to weed out their weakest pilots, as per example above (see ref #1)

Countries with less than 2 pilots representing them, will be exempt from this stage, and auto-qualify for the next stage (Quarter Finals) - this is to ensure that all countries get a fair shot at representing a pilot at least! In this situation, it may be that the number of pilots available for a team may increase, dependent on the number of teams and pilots available for the quarter final stages. I will keep you updated.

The points system in the Selection stage will be the standard system employed by the WipEout HD Fury scoring system. So, whatever the result displayed on your TV at the end of each tournament is to be tallied up and totalled to determine the overall points awarded to each pilot.

The Selection Process Tournament Information and Rules: The selection process tournament comprises of two tournaments, at the end of the two tournaments, points for each pilot are tallied up and submitted on this thread. I will then edit/update the scores table, this will continue to happen during the course of the tournament.

Selection Tournament 1
Flash Tournament: 3 Races / Weapons OFF / Barrel Rolls OFF / Pilot Assist OFF
Race 1 Vineta K Forward
Race 2 Chenghou Project Reverse
Race 3 Moa Therma Reverse

Selection Tournament 2
Phantom tournament: 3 Races / Weapons ON / Weapons Hints OFF / Barrel Rolls ON / Pilot Assist OFF
Race 1 Anulpha Pass Forward
Race 2 Tech De Ra Reverse
Race 3 Talons Junction Forward

The above mentioned/planned tourneys are an example only and is subject to change. This tournament is "UNDER CONSTRUCTION"

Important: Remember to keep a record of the tournament results and please ensure that when hosting the room for the selection process, that you have made the room “private” by making it password protected - the Hoster is responsible for relaying the password for the room to the other pilots, please make sure all pilots are agreed upon their racing dates/times beforehand. Thank you.

For other events, points are calculated using an alternative method, for a reason, as you will see.

The Quarter Finals

The main events stage is where the remaining 16 Pilots will be split into 4 groups, the pilots will be selected from an online application which will generate pilot names into groups, randomly (thank you Connavar :)) - so maintaining an interest in fair selection. On to the guide for the Quarter Finals.

The four groups, Group A, Group B, Group C and Group D will have 4 pilots in each, this will be the Quarter Finals stage of the main event and only the top scoring 1 pilot from each group will make it through to the Semi-Finals. The races will be split over a few tourneys at Venom, Flash and Rapier speeds then an endurance race in Rapier.

Date: Saturday 13th February 2010 Time: To Be Confirmed
Race Format - To Be Confirmed.

The Semi Finals

So, the top scoring pilot from each group gets through to this stage. At this stage, only 4 Pilots will remain to battle it out in a no holds barred selection of mini tournaments and an endurance race across Rapier and Phantom speeds only… competition will be fierce, there will be no friends on the track - Fury will be in your veins, and your adrenaline, amplified! It’s all or nothing! Go For It!!!

Date: Sunday 14th February 2010 Time: To Be Confirmed
Race Format: To be Confirmed.

Then FINAL

Only 2 Pilots remain, it all comes down to this!

This is what High Speed Anti Gravity Combat Racing at its most competitive is all about! 2 X 3race tournaments, over two formats - all at Phantom Speed, Weapons ON / Weapon Hints OFF / Barrel Rolls ON / Pilot Assist OFF then it’s the same 3 tracks, with Weapons OFF / Barrel Rolls OFF / Pilot Assist OFF…

And Finally, The Online Zone Battle between the two finalists! Scores will then be tallied to determine the Champion and the Runners Uppers of the WWWC 2010 Championship! Good Luck to all! :rock

Date of Finals: To Be agreed by the finalists
Time of Finals to commence: To be agreed by the finalists
Details of Final races: To Be Confirmed

Point Scoring System for Quarter Finals Stages onwards:

1st POS - 10 points
2nd POS - 7 points
3rd POS - 5 points
4th POS - 3 points

DNF - 0 points

PLEASE READ: The reason why I’ve given a pilot who is "Disconnected in Race" 1 point is for a very good reason. I got this idea from the TeamLink division scoring system. The reason why it was initially implemented was because, sometimes good pilots suffer disconnections/micro freezes and absurd game compromising issues - which leads to the pilot getting booted out of the race, or being forced to quit a race (NOT RAGE QUITTING - that's a disqualification) - these issues appear as obvious when a pilot who is in the top 3 positions, suddenly disappears from a race - this is always almost definitely a Disconnection. The pilot was disconnected through no fault of his/her own, instead he/she suffered a disconnection from forces outside of their own powers. In such a situation, it is fair to award a pilot who suffers a disconnection during a race, 1 point for that race, as their intention was to finish the race. You will notice that the lowest score awarded for a pilot who finishes in last postiion, is 3 points, so last place still gets awarded more points for finishing, than the pilot who got disconnected...

It is recommended that a chat-room is open in your group so pilots can easily be notified/determine when a Disconnection took place.

Other Rules

1. No cheating (this includes going the wrong way, track blocking, etc.)
2. No Rage Quitting races (this will result in 0 points for that event)
3. No hate PMs (this counts as a disqualification as well - lets keep it friendly)
4. No Pilot Assist
5. No Retreat / No Surrender

Participating players and country represented:

MetaKraken (PRI)
Deep Mix (SLV)
Connavar (BEL)
Leungbok (FRA)
eLhabib (AUT)
djKyoto (AUS)
Koleax (USA/CAN) ? Please specify
Kyonshi (CAN)
ACE-FLO (GBR)
Amorbis (GBR)
hellfire (GBR)
Osama_bin_Haydn (GBR)
Dark_Phantom_89 (GBR)

Only a maximum of 8 Pilot candidates from a any one country can race in the Selection Process (Qualifiers) races! let's roll this one out peeps!

Race Modes which will be included in the WWWC2010 are as follows:

Single Race
Tournament
Eliminator
Zone Battle
Endurance

MetaKraken
23rd December 2009, 08:26 PM
Re-edited my first post.

eLhabib
24th December 2009, 01:08 AM
I'm seeing myself on the list of participating pilots here - however, I never signed up... how did that come about? Don't know yet if I'll be available at the time, but I will let you know! :+

Dark_Phantom_89
24th December 2009, 10:07 AM
Damn, I really wanted to try the Zone Battle with other zoners, but there's no way I'll reach the final :(

Nice work writing it all up Ace :+

ACE-FLO
24th December 2009, 09:12 PM
elHabib - Sorry man, I just took the names off Meta's first post (thought everyone had confirmed)... OK - If anyone sees their name on the participants list and never intended to participate, I apologise on behalf of Meta and myself for the inclusion of your name, furthermore, if you wish to be removed from the list, please leave me a visitor message. Thank you. :)

Dark_P89 - thanks for the compliment. :)

Regarding the zone battle mode - it has not yet been decided which stage the zone battles will appear in... could be that they feature in all stages, so um, yeah - you may get that chance to race online zone battle :) - either way, you aint no noob (l'm the noob here :D that's my excuse ;)) so you got just as much chance of getting to the finals as the pilot you'll meet there :g

The WWWC 2010 will be a good event, I get me a good feeling... :rock :hyper :rock

EDIT: If anyone has any suggestions for the event (we're still working out which tracks and race types to utilise in each of the stages) we'd be pleased to hear from you. I hope this doesn't come across as too cheeky/presumptious of me to ask but, from now on your suggestions can be posted in the WWWC 2010 Social Group - here: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=151 ... (as it is a social group, it requires that you be a member to post in it :?) but this way, we thought this thread here, will be kept for posting notifications of new participants, changes to the event guide and other official information like stage results etc :) thus, serving to help to keep this thread clean and easy to reference for official WWWC2010 information, and the social group for posting ideas and suggestions regarding the WWWC2010... eeek, I hope :D

... :coffee I look forward to reading your suggestions... also, before I forget - thanks to all Zoners who have supported the WWWC 2010 by posting your 2 cents worth here, in this thread! If it wasn't for all your ideas - I wouldn't have been able to draft up the format to its' current incarnation, So you've already helped to get the WWWC 2010 take its first baby steps... More suggestions please - I need more help! Special thanks to Connavar - your online pilot jumbling application :D is a way cool and generous offering. :)

Thanks again,

ACE
A.L.T.E.R.N (AirLicker Technologies Enterprising Research Network)

ACE-FLO
28th February 2010, 04:07 PM
where's Metakraken? anyone know? coz um, well, I was looking forward to this and MetaKraken just kinda fell of the WZ map...

Gah, it's hard organizing these things :lol Sorry to everyone who was looking forward to this event - sadly, it wasn't to be :?