PDA

View Full Version : North American Team Reborn and recruiting!

Kyonshi
5th December 2009, 12:24 AM
Im glad to announce Nawty is still alive! :D

I've got the approval from Vartazian to take over the team. I'm waiting for TCK approval as well, but he didnt answer my request yet. However, he's aware im spreading the word that Nawty is recruiting new members for the WWC finals. As time is going on, i think we must do something about that.

So the call is sent!

I already have few names on the wish list. Here it goes.

-ID Reaper (on the recommandation of Vart)
-Boo4ever
-Coatlketzal
-REDALRT

RedScar and DividedXZero, i know you guys haven't been racing for quite a long time, but i still offer you a spot, cuz i know you're both great pilots.

To all other pilots interested in being part of the team, you may be aware we have high standards for winning a place in the roster. We don't want to show any kind of unreasonable discrimination, but you have to offer the best out of yourselves. So we're seeking experienced and even veteran pilots. The gap left by Vartazian and TCK is ****ing wide! We had 2 of the best pilots ever in WOHD (check the leaderboards to have an idea). That's mostly why we have a clean record in the WWC events. Those 2 guys will humbly say its a team effort and actually its true. But the facts remain, and to reach the expertise they had is crucial, but not impossible! :)

I also want to apologize in advance to the other teams for the time it will take to build up a steady and consistent team again. I'll do my best to put up things to work. Vartazian himself will also give his input to the team, as well as updating the NA team record. Sorry for all the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience.

Lets give ourselves a whole week until to get some people. Now, may the best pilots manifest themselves! :D:+

AG-wolf
5th December 2009, 02:27 PM
i havent been playing online for months, but I recall "chaos80" being very good... is he in NA?

Kyonshi
5th December 2009, 02:41 PM
Chaos80 is Swedish my friend! But yeah, he's very strong nonetheless! :)

Koleax
5th December 2009, 03:00 PM
I'll give it a shot. When do I try out?

RedScar
5th December 2009, 03:49 PM
I am alive, just beginning my finals run (which start monday). They last a week and a half, then I can finally start my glorious return to Wipeout if I choose to. I will be hella rusty though.

IDReaper
5th December 2009, 08:07 PM
I am interested in jumping on to team NA, I have college finals this week but then it's clean sailing from there on. Bring on the tryouts!

Kyonshi
5th December 2009, 09:52 PM
Glad i have some response guys! :)

In my first post, i forgot to recap the simple rules of the selection process for the Main and Sub teams, so here it goes.

Last time we made the qualifications for the Main and Sub rosters, we were 8 players. The respective players were sent to one or the other team after participating in a tournament of 16 races, all HD tracks, Forward and Reverse. The four with the most points get their spot on the Main, and of course the rest on the Sub.

I propose we operate the same way again. Even if i've been declared the new "leader" by Vart and TCK, i will still submit myself to this selection process once again.

Once we have 8 players, we will decide a date to do the selection tourney. Let's be clear on this; yes we all have our lives and may be busy from time to time, but its is imperative that once we choose when it'll take place, do your best to be there at the right time. WWC finals are post-poned because we have to rebuild our team. We have time, but we must not abuse of the patience of the others. Rest assured that i will keep the other teams informed of our developement on the WWC thread.

ID Reaper and Koleax, you're on the list! RedScar, im happy you're still there. Since you're still part of the original team, your participation to the selection tourney is assured, i personally take this decision.

Finally, there's something else that we must take account of; its the Holidays season. Surely lot of people will be busy with family reunions and such. Others also have school exams and finals to attend, like some of you already mentioned. This will be busy weeks to come, even for me. We may not be able to reunite on a steady basis. In the eventuality that this occurs, i will address a comment on the WWC thread to inform the other teams. Maybe we could start up the whole process after NYD, to be sure we have free time.

Damn that was a long post :lol Thanks for reading and see you soon!

Rezatron
5th December 2009, 11:22 PM
I've heard this Rezatron character is good, too bad he doesn't play phantom. I looked on Connavar's site and he's the #1 ranked pilot in the entire western hemisphere. ;)

Hehe, don't mean for that too sound boastful/arrogant or whatever but what am I supposed to say really? :lol

I've attached my resume :p

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o28/Rezatron/Screens/Screenshot2009-12-05at71234PM.png
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o28/Rezatron/Screens/Screenshot2009-12-05at71234PM.png

---
Seriously though, Connavar's site can be helpful for recruiting purposes. I've sorted it by Multiplayer Phantom and here are the top North American pilots:

1.TarotCardKiller
2.Vartizian
3.DeepMix

These chaps are out right? So you got:

4.BlochNWhitey
5.oolproo
6.Darkdrium777 (banned from here...:|)
7.coatlketzal (on your list so good choice, I would recommend as well)
8.IDReaper (same as above)
9.dante4real
10.TorquedSoul
11.boo4ever

Sorting it by Phantom Elite (this includes just TTs and SLs) you get this:

1.TarotCardKiller
2.Vartizian
3.BlochNWhitey
4.Flashback_Jack (Retired)
5.TorquedSoul
6.FEET_Fly-back7 (?)
7.coatlketzal
8.DeepMix
9.boo4ever

...and then you got my non-phantom playin' ass ;) I've clocked 375 hours in WOHD and maybe 5 hours of that has been phantom. :blarg :paperbag

Oh, IDReaper, coatlketzal and I played in the same Rapier races last night, they can fill you in on the casualty report ;)

Kyonshi
5th December 2009, 11:56 PM
Very useful hints Rez, thanks! :+ Dont take no offense because i didnt suggested you... Its just that on a quick thought, those names were fresh in my mind after racing them that night :D But since we're there, how about you practice a bit on Phantom and participate in the selection? :)

I already sent an invitation to Boo4ever, with who i play from time to time. Coatl already said he doesn't want to participate in such events long time ago. I wanted to ask again, but then Vart said it was useless. I dont know about Deep, but he seemed to not play anymore...

Darkdrium also declined being part of the original team long ago. And he doesn't play online.

The following added names are considered for taking part in the selection tourney:

-TorquedSoul
-DarkseidMD
-Rezatron
-Oolproo
-FEET_Fly-back7
-BlockNWhitney
-Dante4Real
-IH8YOU

IDReaper
6th December 2009, 12:01 AM
I agree with TorquedSoul espescially, great racer it is very hard to keep pace with him on most tracks. Rezatron you should be atleast decent at phantom? 'Cause you were pretty beast at rapier which isnt too far off. Anyway the contenders are looking good, im excited:hyper

Koleax
6th December 2009, 12:05 AM
Connavar's site also says that ProblemSolver is the 8th best Zone player in world, when he's clearly first.

Vartazian
6th December 2009, 12:09 AM
Yeah Reza Cant say your the best When you only fly RAPIER... Psh.

Just jokes.

Good on you Koleax. Keep up the enthusiasm!

Kyonshi
6th December 2009, 04:15 AM
DeepMix is still in.

I wanna offer my apologies again publicly to him because i came to the conclusion he wasnt playing anymore.

This is no favoritism either. Deep was on the original team, and some issues with his PS3 HD forced him to leave the competition for a long moment, hence the inappropriate conclusion of mine.

Kyonshi
6th December 2009, 04:35 AM
Current players agreed or are confirmed to participate in the selection tournament:

-DeepMix
-RedScar
-Boo4ever
-IDReaper
-Koleax
-Kyonshi

This sums to 6 players. 2 more are needed. Those who manifest themselves first for those 2 remaining spots will complete the list. We will then proceed with the planification of the selection tourney.

Rezatron
6th December 2009, 05:00 AM
Count me in, I'll give Phantom a shot ;)

/starts meticulously practicing :coffee :blarg

About the qualification, why only HD tracks? Just run two 12 track tourneys, the first featuring every track (8 HD + 4 Fury) forward and then another reverse, no?

What happens if someone's PS3 freezes (still happens) or gets disconnected due to crappy connection?

RedScar
6th December 2009, 06:21 AM
Well kyo put me as a back up at best. I haven't play Wipeout in awhile now, and even while I played i was still slow as **** compared to vart and TCK.
Moral support? lol

kaori
6th December 2009, 11:05 AM
Connavar's site also says that ProblemSolver is the 8th best Zone player in world, when he's clearly first.

What are the setting you take into account for tell that ?

For me (by average) :

Connavar's site also says that Wotan998 is the 2nd best Zone player in world, when he's clearly first.
Connavar's site also says that Matt_XIII_67 is the best Zone player in world, when he's clearly second.
Connavar's site also says that kingheim is the 5th best Zone player in world, when he's clearly third.

leungbok
6th December 2009, 11:12 AM
Connavar's site also says that Wotan998 is the 2nd best Zone player in world, when he's clearly first.

Connavar's site also says that Wotan998 is the 9th best overall wipeout HD player in world, when he's clearly first.

yeldar2097
6th December 2009, 12:40 PM
Lol, I love the French :g

sad that wowo has left us :( COME BAAAAAACCKKKKKK

:P

/offtopic

Well done on trying to get something sorted Kyonshi, good work, looking forward to it :D

Koleax
6th December 2009, 04:38 PM
Game Mode -- Zone
Track -- All
Speed Class -- Zone
Player -- (blank)
Filter -- Overall Ranking

Change the filter to Matrix and click "Elite" and it's a world of difference.

Back to North American team discussion. :cowboy

DeepMix
6th December 2009, 04:58 PM
im still in :) hope we can make a great team

cheers!

Kyonshi
6th December 2009, 06:35 PM
Count me in, I'll give Phantom a shot ;)

/starts meticulously practicing :coffee :blarg

About the qualification, why only HD tracks? Just run two 12 track tourneys, the first featuring every track (8 HD + 4 Fury) forward and then another reverse, no?

What happens if someone's PS3 freezes (still happens) or gets disconnected due to crappy connection?

WWC is taking place on the HD tracks only. When people decided to create the World Cup events, Fury wasn't available yet, and it was decided to keep it this way, even for qualifications. :) Consequently, only HD ships are allowed in WWC.

So its one round of all 8 HD tracks Forward, from Vineta K to Sol 2 respectively. For the second round, its all the same, but in Reverse.

In the eventuality someone freezes or get disconnected, the tourney is restarted on the same track players were racing at the moment the disconnetion/freezing occured, and it continues to the last track. Scores are also kept the same when the problem occured, and points are normally added for the remaining races.

The new line-up for qualification tourney is now:

-Boo4ever
-DeepMix
-IDReaper
-Koleax
-Kyonshi
-RedScar
-Rezatron

Only one spot is remaining! I'm getting thrilled:hyper

Feisar31
6th December 2009, 09:02 PM
I was out of town for a couple weeks and I've just seen all this. :eek

As a former NA pilot, I wish you all good luck! And good job Kyonshi on getting this sorted out. :+

Rezatron
6th December 2009, 09:56 PM
WWC is taking place on the HD tracks only. When The new line-up for qualification tourney is now:

-Boo4ever
-DeepMix
-IDReaper
-Koleax
-Kyonshi
-RedScar
-Rezatron

Maybe reserve that last spot for Coatlketzal? If he wants it that is, I told him about this thread on PSN and he just responded "OK" so i'm not sure with him.

abukii
6th December 2009, 11:25 PM
Well, I have no care for competition, but if you need another head...Im in.
In the immortal (doctored) words of Wesley Willis: "Abukii-- kills bugs dead"
:mr-t

IDReaper
7th December 2009, 01:14 AM
Yay abukii race with us! Beware, you may kill bugs deads but the roach will always survive! Or atleast until I can find a better name for my spray-proof green bug :). Anyway I hosted a practice HD tourney for myself and Rezatron just now(others were in Fury ships but that is okay). I was wondering if it would be a good idea to set up scheduled practice tourneys? I could spare a few hours on fridays 8-10PM EST GMT 5- to host. Is this something you(Kyonshi) and the team would be interested in?

Kyonshi
7th December 2009, 04:59 AM
CoatlKetzal sent me a message that he will join the team. I really wasn't expecting that! :)

Since he was mentioned by me from the very first post, i will offer him a spot on the qualifications.

I know i could disappoint you Abukii... That's really not my intention. I've been racing many times with Coatl and i always thought he would be a fine addition to the team. Also, i'd like to give a chance to someone who would be the first Mexican guy to be part of the team. :)

The current pilots are now included in the qualifications:

1. Boo4ever
2. CoatlKetzal
3. DeepMix
4. IDReaper
5. Koleax
6. Kyonshi
7. RedScar
8. Rezatron

I would like to request that all of you confirm their availability for the soon to come qualification tourney. We will not settle on a precise date before everyone confirm their presence. Afterwards, we will all discuss the day we will do the tourney. Please send replies here or on my WZ profile.

Thank you all for your response! :+

Vartazian
7th December 2009, 05:29 AM
OMFG YOU DIDNT CONSULT ME ABOUT ANYTHING WTF YOU GUYS SUCK!

Im kidding!

Way to go Kyon! May the best win!

abukii
7th December 2009, 06:58 AM
No worries what so ever, gentleman and ladies (if any).

Just a friendly gesture on my part. I wish you all luck :)

KGB
7th December 2009, 09:19 AM
I played your NOOB :P phantom pilot Rezatron last night/this morning. Watch out, he's fast. :+

boo4ever
7th December 2009, 03:20 PM
Looking forward to racing with all of you.

Kyonshi
7th December 2009, 09:36 PM
Everyone has received a message on their profile to post location and timezone here, so we can all have knowledge of those important details. This will make easier the decision on the date we do the qualifications. Thank you all! :)

On another note, ID Reaper mentioned that we should do some practice together. This is already on the menu! :) May it be before or after the qualifications, we need practice. This is what we did with the former NA team members. However, we may not have all the free time to gather all the 8 of us everytime. Here's what we'll do.

Whenever you race with at least one of us, on a random online host, you should put in practice and train yourself not to shoot or harm your fellow team mate, may it be 1 on 1 or in a full grid. :) This means no Missiles, Rockets, Quakes, Leech Beams, Cannons, Plasma, Mines and Bombs. This also means trying to avoid contact with the other Nawty ship, as everyone knows it deals damage. Also, try to help your buddies. If your team mate is following you, leave some Weapon Pads free for him/her, unless you absolutely need to absorb Energy or you're dealing with potentially deadly threat. Im aware such recommendations may be hard to follow while in the blaze of action, but if you have a chance, if you think you can, do it.

Also, we should all be able to recognize ourselves on the track, to avoid sad mistakes and hazards. So, everybody should stick to only one WipEout ship and to a particular skin. Me, i will be racing with the Blue Harimau. If one of your team mate got the same ship and skin you have, one or the other should agree to choose a different skin. When me and Boo4ever actually play together, he picks the Yellow Harimau and me the Blue one.

Finally, sticking with only one ship helps you master even better the behavior and navigation of this ship. It may become boring, but remember that the team needs every bit of your piloting and offensive skills, as well as the sharpest awarness. ;):+

I know you're all fantastic pilots, and im not telling you how to play! :D Its just quick reminders and hints from the experience i had in WWC events. Of course Deep and Red are already aware of such things.

Koleax
7th December 2009, 09:38 PM
Me too. It should be fun racing with the HD ships again.

I live in the Central US time zone, -6:00 GMT. Anytime on the weekend for me is good. Weekdays I'm pretty busy, but available in the morning, for a brief period between 4:30pm and 5, and then after 10:00 pm.

Kyonshi
7th December 2009, 10:07 PM
Hoops, Koleax posted while i was editing my post before he did xD

Please dont avoid this post i made, i would appreciate :) Thank you all!

yeldar2097
7th December 2009, 10:29 PM
Just busted Deep online again :P

It was painful...that's all I can remember :dizzy

IDReaper
8th December 2009, 01:12 AM
My timezone is EST GMT -5 I am in the state of North Carolina, USA. My usual availability is pretty much every day after 8PM till whenever I fall asleep. Except this Wednesday for my exam, otherwise yeah everyday 8 on. Check out my new avi I'm going EG-X. Feels close to Fury Mirage to me except slightly stiffer but I've been practicing and have managed good things so far. I'll be running skin 2 if no one else is claiming it.

Rezatron
8th December 2009, 01:24 AM
I'm in the EST time zone as well. I can do after 10pm during the weekdays for sure (but most days after 6pm) and i'm available pretty much whenever on the weekend.

I guess one thing we should all do is add each other to our friends list if not on already. I'll send out some requests now.

boo4ever
8th December 2009, 01:37 AM
CST in Alabama. After 9pm is best for me during the week. I am more flexible on the weekends.

DeepMix
8th December 2009, 03:50 PM
lol i wasnt expecting rezatron to be that fast lol the qualifies are gonna be really interesting, i think ill have to practice since i haven played wo in a lot of time :)

edit: oh sorry i forgot my timezone, its GMT -6 as my profile says lol

RedScar
8th December 2009, 04:33 PM
EST, believe that is GMT -5
Busy to the 16th

Kyonshi
9th December 2009, 03:01 AM
As for me, im East Coast time, -5 GMT. Usually available starting from 7pm on week, i always got my week-ends off.

What do you say people of having the qualifications held on a Friday night? Next week-end i can't be home, neither the one after. But i can be there on a Friday.

How about doing that on 10 to 11pm East, so Central and West can be available too after work/school? Give me your advice about this idea.

IDReaper
9th December 2009, 03:12 AM
I am in agreement with this time. My last exam this friday is 12-1:50PM and I'm free after that yay! Gotta get to practicing though.

Koleax
9th December 2009, 04:00 AM
11pm-12am Eastern would be better for me, since I work late.

Rezatron
9th December 2009, 06:13 AM
I'm cool with staying home on a Friday night and playing wipeout with you guys :paperbag :g

This Friday is too soon IMO and RedScar said he was busy until the 16th, so what about Friday Dec 18?

Friday Dec 25 is Christmas and Friday Jan 1 i'll be in no condition to do this. :P

Kyonshi
9th December 2009, 05:17 PM
Friday the 18th is cool, i had this in mind too.

In the eventuality that something happens on this day, that we cant reunite, do you all agree to try again on Dec 26th or Jan 2nd 2010?

Koleax
10th December 2009, 04:25 AM
All those days are fine with me.

boo4ever
10th December 2009, 02:12 PM
I will be out of town on Dec 18-21. I should be available on the other dates though.

Mad-Ice
10th December 2009, 03:36 PM
First of all, a big up to Kyonshi for putting in so much effort to get this thing working again!

I hope everything is set, so that the final match can be done before Christmas. Otherwise I won't be there and maybe others too because of holidays and other things.

Good luck to all, greetz Mad-Ice

Kyonshi
10th December 2009, 05:08 PM
Ok, we have to reschedule a date because Boo4ever wont be available. I suggest the 17th instead of 18th. Its a Thursday. Otherwise, we'll have to look in the days before Xmas, starting from 22nd, since Boo comes back on the 21st. Ultimately if this cant be done, we'll have to look between Xmas and New Year's Day.

@Mad-Ice

Thank you dude for the cheers :)

I doubt that the next official WWC race will take place before Xmas, as you can see above. Holidays will be very busy times, but i already mentioned that in previous posts here. Unfortunately we have to put a hold on the next match :( My apologies for all the waiting. Its just that we had to recreate a team... during Holidays yeah :lol

We'll do our best, but we can promise anything in such short terms.

Mad-Ice
10th December 2009, 05:33 PM
You are most welcome! I really hope you can make it before Christmas, because I really want to be there in the final match. But we will see.

TarotCardKiller
12th December 2009, 12:31 AM
-
The new line-up for qualification tourney is now:

-Boo4ever
-DeepMix
-IDReaper
-Koleax
-Kyonshi
-RedScar
-Rezatron

What are the qualifiers for ? Are they for the 4 spots in the WC race or the 8 pilots to make the team?

IDReaper
12th December 2009, 02:40 AM
I believe the qualification is to determine who is main and who is sub. Top four become mains, the rest will be subs.

Where have you been TCK? Haven't seen you for a while on psn. Things going okay? It's cool to see you drop in to check on the new NA team developments.

TarotCardKiller
14th December 2009, 03:51 AM
I took a much needed break from WO... Are you guys doing anything to prepare before the qualifiers ? You should set up a date for sessions, team up, and have tourneys against each other... It'll help your teamwork... I think only a few of you have played in a actual team race before

I'm on WO again (not as much, but enough), set up a date so I can practice with you guys

Rezatron
14th December 2009, 05:24 AM
Had a nice 1on1 session with TCK tonight. Very good practice, lost most races by 1-3 seconds but I also won a few ;)

So everyone is good for the 17th still? Please post to confirm. If so, we need to find a time, perhaps 10/11pm EST?

Kyonshi
14th December 2009, 12:08 PM
I'll send PM on PS3 tonite, to have confirmations for the 17th. We must at least make the qualificatoions before the end of the year.

IDReaper
14th December 2009, 12:40 PM
17th anytime after 8:00PM is still good for me.

boo4ever
14th December 2009, 04:30 PM
This is going to be a rough week for me. I have a full schedule with work related meetings and dinners this week. I then have a 6:30am flight on Fri. I apologize for making things difficult. Any chance for another date?

Kyonshi
14th December 2009, 05:03 PM
@Boo4ever

There's always tomorrow nite and Wednesday too. Otherwise, its going to be next week after your return.

Until Wednesday the 16th, all days are opened for all to confirm their presence for the Qualifications.

Koleax
14th December 2009, 09:36 PM
Weekdays after 10:00pm Central Time are all good for me.

Rezatron
17th December 2009, 05:06 AM
Epic session tonight with IDReaper and DeepMix. I think we played over 3 hours. I improved my phantom skills quite a bit as a result so props to everyone (also Kyonshi and SenGoku81 for joining us).

I think it was agreed in the chat that sometime between Christmas and new year's was the new target for qualification? This might be a problem as I recall other teams wanting to finish the WC before Christmas, correct me if i'm wrong on that.

ps: where are you Koleax? You post on the forum but haven't been on PSN for 18 days, come train with us :banzai

Kyonshi
17th December 2009, 10:46 AM
We must try our best to do the qualifications between Xmas and NYD, right after Boo4ever comes back on the 21st. Also, think about the possibility of doing the next WWC event shortly after our Main team is consolidated. Whatever the issue is, i will post on the WWC thread to inform other teams. But please keep yourselves informed here and on our PSN mailbox for further messages. Thats is all for now, give your suggestions about the next date :)

SaturnReturn
20th December 2009, 02:41 PM
OK guys, here it is. My responses suggest we can do a match on Monday 21st, Tuesday 22nd, or Wednesday 23rd. At the very least we have 4 players who are generally available on those days. The time will be between 2000 hours GMT and 0000 hours GMT. At the moment at least we seem to be very flexible on that front. So let us know if you can get a team of 4 players for those times and we can set something up.

Monday will probably be short notice, so if you want to do that day then it could be a bit last minute and we should all be prepared for that to fail. Ideally, Tuesday or Wednesday would be good. If you can chase up your guys and see if you can bring a team together for those days and let me know what time then that would be great. Then I'll confirm from our end.

IDReaper
20th December 2009, 09:03 PM
Well considering that Boo4ever gets back on the 21st and we haven't done qualifications I'm not sure that we would be able to qualify and race on the 21st, and that's if Boo4ever can even race that day. I can be there for qualifiers anytime, hopefully we'll be able to organize in time for those dates but I can say for sure.

SaturnReturn
20th December 2009, 11:18 PM
You might not even need qualifiers. If you only have 4 players available, then that would dictate your team. See who can play first and then see how you want to decide your team. If you do have a team available, I think it would be good to race.

Kyonshi
21st December 2009, 12:02 AM
Thats exactly what i wanted to propose, as we discussed some days ago, me and Saturn.

To accelerate the process, i want to ask you all if you agree that we decide 4 players to be part of the Main Team for the next WWC race, without doing qualifications. The chosen players could be selected based on their immediate or short term availability.

The remaining players would be considered being part of the Sub Team, and would be called upon whenever a given number of pilots of the Main Team couldn't be present for the race.

This way, we could kick off and resume the WWC races sooner. I would appreciate your point of view on this suggestion and post here or send me a PM on my PSN mailbox ASAP. Thank you all for keeping track of the developement of the team :)

DeepMix
21st December 2009, 12:24 AM
i do agree kyonshi, its ok with me anyway im ready to race anytime just tell me

RedScar
21st December 2009, 12:32 AM
I work the next three days, so anything late would be cool, but not to late because I have to wake up early. 8-10ish

Rezatron
21st December 2009, 12:54 AM
Yeah i'm available nights this week (Mon/Tues/Wed). From what i've seen in races (haven't played RedScar or Koleax) the 4 should be:

-DeepMix
-IDReaper
-CoatlKetzal
-Rezatron :pirate

The only problem is the language barrier with CoatlKetzal, he's not comfortable with English, in that case I don't have a 4th candidate really...

IDReaper
21st December 2009, 01:32 AM
Awaiting orders, 24/7. My preference is night racing but anytime is fine. I got my grasp on piloting again lol, Burnout's lower perspective made Wipeout's cam look like it was looking straight down at the ground xD.

SaturnReturn
21st December 2009, 06:16 PM
This is good progress guys. I'm not familiar with all the time zones involved, and I'm not even going to try to work them out. It looks like at the moment you have two that can only do nights though and two that can do any time. If that's the case then I'll have to see if I can get Luxoflux on board, as I think nights for you would be early morning for us, e.g. 2 AM or something, which we can't do this week at the moment. I'll see if Luxo's available and get back to you. If he is then we could be one.

At the same time, if you could see whether you can find two more 'any-timers' that will allow you to have a team of 4 for 8PM-11AM GMT (whatever times that is is your clocks' languages), then that would be helpful.

Kyonshi
21st December 2009, 09:18 PM
Im always available after 6pm East in week. Week-ends are always day off for me.

@Saturn

Let's say you want to race at 11pm or midnite GMT, me and my team mates are -5 and -6 GMT. So that would mean 6pm Central and 7pm East :)

SaturnReturn
21st December 2009, 09:22 PM
Only two different time zones? Well that's not nearly as complicated as I imagined.:redface:

P.S. One of your guys is down with flu today, and another is AWOL. It's looking increasingly likely that it won't happen before Christmas, in which case I'll be gutted for Mad-Ice. But DjManiac is online so maybe we can do a match with him. Would be missing our 2 MVPs but that's life I guess. Will ask him if he's interested.

boo4ever
21st December 2009, 11:33 PM
Back at home, fellas. I should be available during the nights this week. I can try to work something out during the day if I have some notice.

Kyonshi
22nd December 2009, 01:36 AM
Welcome back Boo. As you can read, we are deciding if we select 4 pilots right away without doing qualifications. Share your advice about this too. :)

boo4ever
22nd December 2009, 02:18 AM
Deciding on 4 pilots seems like a good idea to me. It would definitely get things moving quicker. BTW, I have no problem being part of the sub team. I have developed quite a bit of rust over the last week. We should probably try to schedule some practice rounds with the subs vs mains as mentioned before. Let me know.

Mad-Ice
22nd December 2009, 01:55 PM
So guys, are we up tonight? Or tomorrow? Please let me know asap, because if we are not racing tonight I have other things to do.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Kyonshi
22nd December 2009, 05:07 PM
Saturn mentioned one of your guys have flu and another is AWOL. So it's unlikely the next race will happen before Xmas.

But don't worry, we're getting up the team built soon, and we will be ready for the next race after Xmas hopefully :)

SaturnReturn
22nd December 2009, 05:10 PM
It doesn't look like happening tonight Mad-Ice, so I'd suggest not waiting around. Will check on Flu boy. AWOL guy isn't necessarily needed, but it will mean not having one of our MVPs.

Let's set a time of, say 2100 GMT for Wednesday 23rd and all aim for that. I will check with other Dutchmen.

Can NA do that?

Mad-Ice
22nd December 2009, 05:30 PM
Cool! Thanks for the reply guys. Hopefully see you all tomorrow.

Greetz Mad-Ice

SaturnReturn
22nd December 2009, 05:33 PM
Will keep my fingers crossed Mad-Ice. If I find out it's not going to happen then I'll send you an SMS straight away. If we can't get 4 pilots for both sides, then what do people think of a 3v3? Would people prefer to do that or wait for a 4v4?

Connavar
22nd December 2009, 07:52 PM
I'm available tomorrow, and 4vs4 please :)

yeldar2097
22nd December 2009, 09:05 PM
Could we like, make it 5 vs 5 just to mix it up a bit?

Like 2v2 + 2v2 + 1v1?

That wouldn't work would it?

Are we still having an MVP match? That'd be sweet (...as a nut)

:g

Kyonshi
22nd December 2009, 09:09 PM
21:00 GMT is waaaay too early for me, and surely for some of us working until dinner time. That would mean at least 3pm East or 2pm Central for us and it simply doesn't fit. The most suitable hour of day to be able to reunite both teams would be around 11pm GMT/Midnite GMT, meaning 6pm and 7pm for us in America.

On Dec 24th and 25th, people will surely have family reunions. I propose a date starting from Dec 26th. What do you say? :)

EDIT: I would prefer 4vs4 everytime. In rare and extreme cases, 3vs3 is ok... Otherwise, let's do this like it was done originally.

SaturnReturn
22nd December 2009, 09:14 PM
Aren't any of your guys students or on holiday? Can we just wait a bit longer to hear back from others? If it's a no-go then that's fine, but I'd like to hear from everyone if possible. Who have you not heard from on your side?

Kyonshi
22nd December 2009, 09:28 PM
The ones available are RedScar, IDReaper, DeepMix and Rezatron. Sure that makes 4. I dont have news from Koleax and Coatl. Boo4ever is also available as a Sub if there's a need. This would mean only one guy available as a Sub. I wont be available tomorrow night.

Why i dont give green light right away is because not everyone as given his advice about who would make the main team, except Rez. I wanted to have the input of everyone before officially form up the team. I will send a message tonite to the ones online on PSN and see the results. If i still dont have proper answers, then i'll send the 4 guys i mentioned first in the race.

One thing sure, could you push away later in the evening the time of the race? Rez and Red are available only during nights.

Ok i have to leave now to buy Xmas present in shopping malls Hell :lol I will see later about my team mates. In the meantime, discuss with yours for a later time tomorrow night. Thanks for understanding :)

SaturnReturn
22nd December 2009, 09:44 PM
We can't really do nights in the week, because night for you guys would be the middle of the night for us. We can do later on weekends. In the past we've done 2200 GMT on Sundays (might be able to push it a bit later). If RedScar and Rezatron can't make that time or say, one hour later tomorrow then it's presumably a no go, unless you can get one of Koleax or Coatl in. I'd be happy to go ahead with 4 on both side, even if neither has subs available. That way we could drop to a 3v3 if necessary. I do already consider this fairly extreme circumstances. Have one more go at getting Koleax or Coatl and let me know.

If we can't do it before Christmas then I will take a break from pushing it. Mad-Ice will be away, it's Christmas, Avalon etc.

Kyonshi
22nd December 2009, 10:02 PM
Not really Saturn. Lets say we want to race at 6pm or 7pm, means 11pm or midnite for you guys. Its really too late for the week? If so, thats why i suggested starting from the 26th, its a saturday, everybody is off and can race later :)

I really must leave now to have time for shopping, dude:) I will contact my mates later tonite.

SaturnReturn
22nd December 2009, 10:25 PM
At the moment that would be too late. The whole thing would take at least an hour. Usually it won't start on time, and can easily be 1.5 hours after the start time before it's finished. Basically, for one of us that wouldn't work, as he's not on holiday yet. Also, a midnight start for me means a 1 AM start for those the others in Holland, which is most likely a bit too unsociable of an hour for them, at a guess. I know I wouldn't want to play that late, myself.

I originally wanted to get it sorted before Christmas so Mad-Ice could be there. But also at this point, I'd like to do it so I don't have to think about organising anything and can enjoy my break without anything to think about (rarely happens). Once Christmas kicks off we'll probably be unavailable for a bit anyway. Out of eight, two of us will be on holiday I think, two will have guests, one currently doesn't play. So anything until new year will be unlikely. Altogether that's the reason for a last ditch effort. But if it's not to be it's not to be. :(

So if one of Coatl or Koleax isn't available then it's a no-go for tomorrow and we shall postpone until new year, which will give you guys enough time to decide your main team and subs a bit more fairly etc. But if they are available then we're on. So I will hold out to see if you can get a response tonight.

Rezatron
23rd December 2009, 12:49 AM
Rez and Red are available only during nights.

I'm available whenever now (except on the 24th and 25th) just everyone fyi.

Kyonshi
23rd December 2009, 12:51 AM
Im sorry to bring disappointment dude :( Even me i'm pulling my hair off trying to organize something steady, and everybody is aware that the situation is decisive. However, all my team is still motivated and practicing often, and have more than once stated their desire to participate in a WWC race. Everything's not lost! :)

I foretold that the Holidays would be difficult in terms of availability. This said, how about we take it day by day, to spot a good moment for the race to take place, and to give everybody time to arrange their schedule during these busy times? As we can acknowledge at this point, there's an issue regarding our respective time zones. We can see its more difficult to organize something during the week. During week-end, we got more freedom and can stretch playing hours longer. I still maintain my suggestion of looking from the 26th and beyond. Surely a lot of us will be back home after Xmas celebrations? Let's keep in touch on a regular basis. I will keep my mates more informed about all this.

In fact i will send messages right away. I just got back from the mall ;)

Yeah i'm available nights this week (Mon/Tues/Wed).

I was referring to this actually :) i hope i didnt get it all wrong!

Rezatron
23rd December 2009, 12:58 AM
Yeah things changed, i'm good to go 24/7 for over the next week except Christmas and Christmas eve. :xtree

This is alot of planning and organizing just for us to get crushed :P I predict a massive defeat, considering we haven't played together before. :redface:

IDReaper
23rd December 2009, 04:09 AM
Lol as long as we can manage to not shoot each other we may be okay xD. Anyway Kyonshi mentioned we should all take vote on who we would like to participate so here it goes:

IDReaper:nod
DeepMix
Rezatron
Kyonshi (Yes changed my mind :+)

In the event that I'm voted off the island I would like to see Connavar take point.

boo4ever
23rd December 2009, 05:22 AM
Picking 4 is tough. All of you are skilled pilots. Do any of you have much experience with team racing? I have very little. We are all good a killing each other. Protecting one another will probably be a different story.

Rez: took me to school a few weeks ago
Kyonshi: his harimau is often faster and stronger than mine
IDR: he ragdolls my ship if i get too close
DeepMix: we haven't raced in a while, but i remember some quick times

Coatl: always a challenge on the tracks

Koleax
23rd December 2009, 05:32 AM
I think I'm going to take myself out of the running. i was ready to do a tryout race, but I'm not for any of this voting business. I hate democracy. :P

Vartazian
23rd December 2009, 07:02 AM
I was asked for my Personal opinion. take of it as you will.

-Deepmix
-IDreaper
-Rezatron
-Boo4Ever

SaturnReturn
23rd December 2009, 12:05 PM
This is alot of planning and organizing just for us to get crushed :P I predict a massive defeat, considering we haven't played together before. :redface:

Don't count on it. I think you underestimate our own team's abilities, our lack of practice and just how unpredictable the game can be. We're also missing Luxoflux, who was joint MVP with yeldar most of the time. (Why am I trying to give the opposition momentum? :dizzy)

In the event that I'm voted off the island I would like to see Connavar take point.
Don't be fooled by the flag, Connavar's a Flying Dutchman all the way.:nod

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like you guys do have a team of 4 then? Deepmix, IDReaper, Rezatron and boo4ever(?). Based on votes, that seems to be either your strongest team or second strongest team, which seems pretty fair and balanced with the Dutchmen's situation. I think that means we're on for 2100 GMT tonight if you can confirm? IF so, it should be a good match.:+

Rezatron
23rd December 2009, 02:00 PM
It looks like you guys do have a team of 4 then? Deepmix, IDReaper, Rezatron and boo4ever(?). Based on votes, that seems to be either your strongest team or second strongest team, which seems pretty fair and balanced with the Dutchmen's situation. I think that means we're on for 2100 GMT tonight if you can confirm? IF so, it should be a good match.:+

I got a dude coming round my house 2130GMT to pick something up today. No one else will be in the house then so I guess I will just forfeit one race when he rings my door... or perhaps 2200GMT?

So what's the format? 8 HD track (forward/reverse?) tourney?

IDReaper
23rd December 2009, 02:00 PM
I can make that time, that would be 1600 in my timezone. I'd also probably pilot a little better when I'm not tired =D. Connavar is a Flying Dutchman? I've been had!

Well then my original vote stands lol.

Kyonshi
23rd December 2009, 05:00 PM
Yeah things changed, i'm good to go 24/7 for over the next week except Christmas and Christmas eve. :xtree

Why do you say such things Rez? :( Dont worry about a thing; there's still Deep and me from the former team :) We know how to handle those races ;) Besides, from what i've seen from you guys on the racetrack, i trust you all 1000%! :D:+

So this is why for tonite race, if everything goes well, i nominate:

-IDReaper
-Rezatron
-Boo4Ever
-DeepMix

Subs are going to be Coatl and RedScar. Koleax is retiring :( Consequently, i will send PM to Iwillbuildaduck to join our team ;)

SaturnReturn
23rd December 2009, 05:08 PM
I got a dude coming round my house 2130GMT to pick something up today. No one else will be in the house then so I guess I will just forfeit one race when he rings my door... or perhaps 2200GMT?

So what's the format? 8 HD track (forward/reverse?) tourney?

Format is all 16 HD tracks. There'll be two tournaments. First is 8 forward tracks, and the second is 8 reverse tracks. I'll set up forward and you guys can host reverse.

When your guy comes Rezatron, we can stop and restart. Will he be OK to wait for up to 2 mins while we finish a race? You can let us know in the chatbox when he arrives. Hopefully the timing will be convenient.

Unless Luxoflux suddenly appears then our team is:

Mad-Ice
SaturnReturn
Connavar
yeldar2097

Mad-Ice
23rd December 2009, 05:25 PM
Looking forward to this one! Good luck to all, because that is what we need! 8 skilled pilots on one track is carnage!

See you all tonight! Greetz Mad-Ice

Iwillbuildaduck
23rd December 2009, 05:25 PM
ok, ok. I've never posted on a forum before, so you'll forgive me for any lack in etiquette. I don't have time to read through this whole thread and I'm just making myself known for any team that needs a new member... or something like that, cause that's what I was told to do... hi everybody. *waves*

Mad-Ice
23rd December 2009, 05:27 PM
Hi and welcome Iwillbuildaduck! I raced you last week. You are a fast pilot. Enjoy your time here.

Greetz Mad-Ice

boo4ever
23rd December 2009, 05:35 PM
i have to go out for a bit but i should be back for race time.

welcome aboard, Iwillbuildaduck.

IDReaper
23rd December 2009, 05:40 PM
Okay I think I have most of the ships down that you guys are using but for the sake of clarity would you guys mind posting the ship and skin you will be using today? We should make sure we are good on who is using what now before we start.

Myself: EG-X, Skin 2.

If any of the Dutchman see this you can post ships or skins here to so that we can avoid confusion in advance.

boo4ever
23rd December 2009, 06:02 PM
harimau yellow

Iwillbuildaduck
23rd December 2009, 06:29 PM
I still haven't figured out what's going on, but I'm assuming harimau blue if I'm in it. what time does this start?

IDReaper
23rd December 2009, 06:44 PM
We do have a main team selected for this event already but provided someone doesn't show up could you be there at 2100 GMT? I'll not you ship choice.

Connavar
23rd December 2009, 07:06 PM
It starts in 1h25 from now, right?
Any word on Luxoflux yet? If I race, I will use AG-Systems skin 1

SaturnReturn
23rd December 2009, 07:16 PM
2100 GMT Connavar - less than 1 hour now. We will try to get the first half in before Rezatron's guy turns up.

Kyonshi
23rd December 2009, 09:08 PM
I already sent a message to Iwillbuildaduck during lunch time. :D I've invited him to join since Koleax left.

I should have specified we have a complete line-up for the race, but if there's a spot, go on! :)

If not, i want to see you on the starting line for the next race ;) Speaking of this, i will take the initiative of alterning some pilots for the next race. I've been mentioned actually, i want to race and want to give chance to other pilots, like Coatl, Red and of course IWBAD :) I will post the line-up soon.

Get them, NA TEAM, we're undefeated and will prevail! :D:+

"We have the power, we have the energy, we have the ressources; let's get together and WRECK SH!T!!!" :rock:banzai:bomb:twisted

EDIT: Ok we lost the WWC race... but my cheers go to my team mates anyway for finding the time to participate :D We'll do better next time for sure!

Rezatron
24th December 2009, 01:13 AM
Why do you say such things Rez? :( Dont worry about a thing; there's still Deep and me from the former team :) We know how to handle those races ;) Besides, from what i've seen from you guys on the racetrack, i trust you all 1000%! :D:+

Nope my prediction was correct :P, i'm a realist what can I say? I see the potential here but we need to practice together and perhaps make a few roster moves. It was suicide going into the final without even a single practice tourney. Oh well. :dizzy

I'm already thinking about next year. We need to have a proper qualification tourney first and from there we need to hold bi-monthly/monthly practice sessions against other teams. I want to hear everyone's ideas about the 2010 team. :sonar

SaturnReturn
24th December 2009, 02:05 AM
You guys potentially have a very large group of players. There's also a lot of skill among that group, but it's not always brought together at the right time. I think what you really need is to cultivate it and generate the same passion for the game that you find amongst a lot of European players. I'm seeing the beginnings of that now, which is great. Next time around I think you could have a dream team akin to France's best team, which is pretty much unbeatable when they're all in the same room together.

It would also be good to encourage many more people to take part and not only those who were in this World Cup. I've always liked Team Nordic. They have lots of players and have had regular events in the past. They always have a lot of fun and with their best players, can also provide an excellent challenge. Doing regular events for all will help team work and to build a common bond too, which might be tougher for multinational teams.

Good luck in the future and hopefully the NAWTy social group (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=2) can be as successful as Team Nordic's.

Thanks again for playing tonight. I look forward to TFD racing your team again as it gets stronger. :)

Kyonshi
24th December 2009, 03:06 AM
I still hold my point that the new comers to the NA Team have tremendous potential, and that it wasnt that premature going into WWC race at this point. I had to rebuild the team very fast, but in the process i spotted regular pilots who could sustain the frantic pace of such event, in such short period of adaptation. Seriously, not every seasoned players could have made it to the team in those conditions.

Because of your solid skills and steady offensive initiative, you have all been chosen. The problem doesn't lay there. I even expected not to be mentioned when i asked for everyone advice about who should make the Main without qualifs, even Vart didnt mentioned me.

The only problems observed, like IDReaper and Rez reported to me, was the friendly fire issue. That, i know you have work to do. Also, i once mentioned some days ago that whenever you arrange a race or encounter one of the NA Team pilot, practice holding your fire on each other. Obviously we must avoid FF, but i didnt say that because i thought you have no experience in WWC events, but honestly because i knew that the kind of pilots you were could adapt easily to such important thing. See the nuance here in the way i see things.

Also the Flying Dutchmen have some of the most hardcore players. Just mention Connavar, Saturn and Yeldar to anyone and see people fade away in their shadows :D Of course you had a tremendous task, i wont carelessly deny this. I raced them many times since WOHD is out, and they live up to their reputation without a faint. But if themselves stated you surprised them and that they never expected such resistance from WWC newcomers, i believe them and it illustrates clearly the high potential you hold.

Oh, and DeepMix; Put. Triakis. Away. And. Never. Touch. It. AGAIN. (im just being silly dude :lol)

WWC 2010 will be a turn of fate again for us, im sure of it. This mix of new talents and veteran Cup pilots will be of atomic proportions, just watch us ;):+

yeldar2097
24th December 2009, 07:37 AM
Keep the triakis ^_^

Seriously, it brought a tear (of joy) to my eye when I saw that in the WWC final there we only 2 AG-Systems and all the rest were different.

Magic :g

Connavar
24th December 2009, 09:51 AM
Yeah it was epic, then I tried to think: okay, shoot everything except AG-SYS,
MIRAGE, and Goteki 45, I was also thinking that NA guys would think the exact
contrary :)

boo4ever
24th December 2009, 03:57 PM
I must say that I felt a bit like a little fish out of water (pun intended). It is always a pleasure to race with such great competitors. I did not help my team as much as I would have liked, but I had a great time. Thanks again to all the participants.

RedScar
24th December 2009, 05:31 PM
Sad I missed it, I worked the last few and have been dead tired the last few night. Give them hell boys

Kyonshi
24th December 2009, 05:41 PM
You must be all drowsy then Red; its over! xD :lol From what the Dutchmen said, yes we gave 'em some trouble :)

Vartazian
24th December 2009, 08:43 PM
So WWC 2009 Comes to a close. I would like to pass along my best regards to everyone who raced in the final. The Flying Dutchmen were definately a shock to be the first people to be racing but you guys stepped up and agreed to the challenge.

Congratulations To you guys. You are true Wipeout pilots.

I would also like to extend a further Thanks and Congratulations to Kyonshi. This amazing pilot stepped up to the plate and took over when things looked finished for team NAWT. Everyone should thank him and really reflect what he did for the team. He was truly a better captain then I.

I look forward to the next WWC and seeing how the North American Team Performs.

Well done to All.

~Vart

Kyonshi
25th December 2009, 06:53 AM
This is much appreciated from you Vart :D

I'd like to mention that the current reformed team wouldn't be the way it is without the input you provided to the former team, as well as the direction you gave it, which lead the new team where it is right now. You and all the other original pilots made me believe in such team, thus explaining why i took it back on the rails :)

Mad-Ice
25th December 2009, 08:38 AM
Yup, a big up for Kyonshi! Thanks mate for all the effort you took. It is too bad you weren't flying in the finals yourself.

See you next year, greetz Mad-Ice

Kyonshi
29th December 2009, 02:55 AM
Thanks a lot Mad-Ice :D

We will meet again on the racetrack for sure ;)

Kyonshi
29th December 2009, 02:58 AM
I've offered a challenge to Team France and they accepted!

This will be a friendly tournament, for fun! You won't have to deal with pressure like in a WWC event, so take it easy and have fun :D

The following pilots are selected for this challenge, scheduled by both France and North America captains for January 2nd, 2010.

-IDReaper - USA
-Rezatron - CAN
-CoatlKetzal - MEX
-Kyonshi - CAN

(If you all agree, i'd like to take part to this one :) )

Further details about tracks and race modes will be revealed soon, so selected pilots must keep in touch! See y'all later :D:+

Le he ofrecido un desafÃ*o al equipo de Francia y aceptaron!

Este será un torneo amistoso, para la diversión! Usted no tendrá que lidiar con la presión como en un evento de WWC, por lo que tomarlo con calma y divertirse :D

Los siguientes son los pilotos seleccionados para este desafÃ*o, programado por parte de Francia y América del Norte capitanes de 2 de enero 2010.

-IDReaper - USA
-Rezatron - CAN
-CoatlKetzal - MEX
-Kyonshi - CAN

(Si todos están de acuerdo, me gustarÃ*a participar a este:))

Más detalles sobre las pistas y modos de carrera se dará a conocer pronto, asÃ* que seleccione los pilotos deben estar en contacto!:D:+

IDReaper
29th December 2009, 04:16 AM
Hey Kyonshi that sounds awesome! I'd love to take part. Maybe this time my nerves won't be completely on the fritz xD. My new Assegai in training is also quite a bit more smooth in the corners, watch out!(I've never used Assegai ever until just recently, >< lol)

Kyonshi
29th December 2009, 05:09 AM
One thing i can add is that Fury ships are allowed. So if you like Assegai, knock yourself out with the Fury version ;)

I assume i have your confirmation that you'll be present next week-end then. As soon as i have Kaori's reply about the final details, i'll post them right away. Keep in touch.

Vartazian
29th December 2009, 11:27 AM
oh I thought that this would be a sign up. I thought wrong. Oh well. Ill sit out and watch :)

Kyonshi
29th December 2009, 12:17 PM
I KNEW IT. :)

I knew you would come back!

But how could i refuse a spot to Vartazian? :D I'll hook you up for the next challenge, after France. I intend to send some challenges around to make the newcomers practice. I'll let you know ;)

CoatlKetzal
29th December 2009, 06:36 PM
I accept with pleasure, thank you for electing :nod:nod

DeepMix
30th December 2009, 03:37 AM
oh you left me out for the event thanks kyonshi lol nahh it aint a problem good luck to you guys, ill be there anyway so if anyone doesnt show up xD:mr-t

PD: welcome back to the zone Vart :)

Kyonshi
30th December 2009, 08:46 PM
Tournament confirmed for January 2nd, 2010, 22:00 GMT +1 (France Hour) / 16:00 East Coast and 15:00 Central.

Team France:
-Pirhapac - FRA
-Ace3cube - FRA
-Wotan998 - FRA
-G-Superpilot - FRA
Subs: Kaori714 and Tug_14

North American WipEout Team:
-IDReaper - USA
-Rezatron - CAN
-CoatlKetzal - MEX
-Kyonshi - CAN
Subs: DeepMix, Vartazian, Iwillbuildaduck, TehRedScar, Boo4ever

I've selected the Reverse tracks for the 8 Races Event and for the Endurance Event. First, here's Team France line-up.

8 RACES FORWARD, 5 Laps, Weapons ON, Phantom Class. Host: France
- Tech De Ra Forward
- Vineta K Forward
- UberMall Forward
- Modesto Heights Forward
- Metropia Forward
- Sebemco Climb Forward
- The Amphiseum Forward
- Moa Therma Forward

20 Laps Endurance FORWARD, Weapons ON, Phantom Class.
- Sol 2 Forward

8 RACES REVERSE, 5 Laps, Weapons ON, Phantom Class. Host: NA
- Metropia Reverse
- Vineta K Reverse
- Chenghou Project Reverse
- UberMall Reverse
- Anulpha Pass Reverse
- Sebemco Climb Reverse
- Tech De Ra Reverse
- Modesto Heights Reverse

20 Laps Endurance REVERSE, Weapons ON, Phantom Class.
- The Amphiseum Reverse

HD and Fury ships are allowed.

I need to have Subs. If anyone must bail out at last-minute, somebody got to take the place. Please report your availability :) Thanks all!

DeepMix
31st December 2009, 01:58 AM
ill be available as a sub, you can count on me :)

Vartazian
31st December 2009, 04:55 AM
Never thought I would ever be a sub... but sure ill be one.

Kyonshi
31st December 2009, 07:40 AM
I decided to do things a little different than before, Vart :) From now on, there will be no permanent "Main" and "Sub" teams, properly speaking. I'll select some pilots for a given tourney/challenge, and try to rotate all pilots from time to time. The remaining pilots will be considered Subs, but only for the duration of the said event. Then the next time, the whole process will start again, everybody will get back to the same level, and a new line-up will be made. This way, everybody got the chance to participate at some moment :)

Right now, this is what im doing. I'll propose challenge to some teams, while waiting for the next WWC 2010 races, and give all pilots an opportunity to refine their skills!

During official and major events, the best example being WWC races, pilots will be selected from best performance observed (and availability, of course).

kaori
31st December 2009, 10:41 AM
The time is 21.00 GMT (=22.00 in France).
No problem I hope.

yeldar2097
31st December 2009, 05:45 PM
Never thought I would ever be a sub... but sure ill be one.
You sound slightly reluctant there, god knows why!

I love being a sub, you get to wear a really cute outfit and way pom-poms around shouting chants, it's brilliant :g

No Joke :nod

Liking the rota-system thingy Kyon, good plan :+

Ace3cube
31st December 2009, 06:37 PM
Fun fun & fun \o/
Gonna train !

SaturnReturn
31st December 2009, 06:38 PM
Indeed. It should allow more players to develop team-play skills in a non-competitive (but still competitive ;)) environment.

Looks like the teams are fairly well balanced too. Nice to see pirahpac taking part. I'd say the French are favorites, but aren't they always?:lol

Good luck to both sides for the 2nd; I look forward to results.

Vartazian
31st December 2009, 10:14 PM
The one time Pirahpac shows his face and I wont be there to smack it around...

*groan*

leungbok
31st December 2009, 10:50 PM
tss tss tss :naughty

Lance
3rd January 2010, 02:21 PM
Or be smacked around. Consider All the possibilities and potential benefits. ;)

Kyonshi
3rd January 2010, 06:10 PM
Here's the result of the challenge between France and North America, held on January 2nd, 2010.

1st Tournament, 8 races Forward, 5 Laps, Phantom Class:
France: 103 pts
North American Team: 129 pts

1st Endurance Race Forward, Sol 2, 20 Laps, Phantom Class:
France: 11 pts
North American Team: 18 pts
1ST - Ace3cube
2ND - Rezatron
3RD - IDReaper
4TH - Kyonshi
5TH - CoatlKetzal
6TH - Tug-14
7TH - Kaori714
8TH - Wotan998

2nd Tournament, 8 races Reverse, 5 Laps, Phantom Class:
France: 112 pts
North American Team: 120 pts

2nd Endurance Race Reverse, The Amphiseum, 20 Laps, Phantom Class:
France: 8 pts
North American Team: 21 pts
1ST - IDReaper
2ND - Rezatron
3RD - Ace3cube
4TH - Kyonshi
5TH - CoatlKetzal
6TH - Kaori714
7TH - tug-14
8TH - Wotan998

France MVP: Ace3cube - 90 pts
North America MVP: Rezatron - 100 pts

Thank you Team France for accepting and participating to this friendly challenge! :D:+ We hope to race you again soon, like we hope to have more stable connections! :lol

IDReaper
3rd January 2010, 06:32 PM
Yay the results are up! Let me just say despite the connections problems this was a wonderful event, thank you Team France for participating! Also thank you Kyonshi for sorting things out on our side. I thought our team work was extraordinary during this event and I'd like to extend a thank you and congrats to my fellow teammates!

As a side note, dinner is very important no matter how little time one has. With the power of a single 2 minute stir-fry dinner you can achieve anything! Endurance 2 for example. xD

Ace3cube
3rd January 2010, 06:49 PM
lol your stomac could wait 7minutes for the last endurance :P

KGB
3rd January 2010, 07:51 PM
Wotan needs to practice more I think. :P

Kyonshi
4th January 2010, 01:58 AM
From now on, please go see on the NAWTy page for infos about challenges and WWC races! :D

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=154

Lance
4th January 2010, 01:06 PM
Kyonshi, would you like for me to close this thread, then?

SaturnReturn
4th January 2010, 05:37 PM
I'd rather leave it open so that I don't have to join the social group to ask questions such as this:

Kyonshi, or anyone else - who made your team logo? It's awesome, and very American. :lol That question might be well out of date actually, as I hadn't realised how long NAWTy had been around.

KGB
4th January 2010, 06:16 PM
Yeah it's really good. A bit better than the English effort at the moment :)

I wonder who I can blackmail, bribe or beg to give us a more fitting one.

Kyonshi
4th January 2010, 09:26 PM
I actually did the NAWTy logo! :P

It was during last summer, if im right. Yes, its indeed very American, aggressive and dynamic:rock Im thinking of modifying it slightly; turning the Auricom on the right side, with a under-view of it, with dual hull stretching toward. By the way, i also did some other logos, like the fictive Tez-Dharkan Tech and Harfang Tech and Team Auricom. You can have a look in my albums if you want.

I can do your team logo KGB if u want. As a graphic designer, i love doing that :) Tell me the concept, colors, key visual elements etc., that you want to have. Maybe a basic drawing too, and i'll work something out!

Oh and thanks guys for your comments :D:+