PDA

View Full Version : What is/are your most treasured possession(s)

F.E.I.S.A.R
27th November 2009, 08:30 AM
The title should be self-explainatory.
Mine is my new Toshiba Portege M900 laptop,got it just a 4 days ago.One thing wierd about it is,the laptop that I got was the display model(the one on display at retail outlets).Original Operating System was Windows Vista Home Premium.Got the free upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium,which means that I am typing this on Windows 7,Internet Explorer 8.
Specs:My laptop Specifications,but take note that my ram is upgraded to 4GB and my os is Windows 7 (http://pc.toshiba-asia.com/portal/public/search.action?modelID=M900&product=Portege&startIndex=3&a=notebookDetails&currentTab=notebook#)
So,what is/are yours?

Lance
27th November 2009, 11:30 AM
Call me paranoid, but I'm not sure it's wise to tell the world [internet = world] about your possession of a treasure if it's something a lot of people would find valuable and pay money for. Unless you're selling it, of course, and want the publicity. Thieves abound. As I said, call me paranoid, but think about your security first. Then if you feel okay about it, say on! :)

F.E.I.S.A.R
27th November 2009, 12:01 PM
Just how many times do you go to someone else's house?
you must be at least be a friend to gain limited access to someone's house anyway,can you delete a thread?

Mr Phlanj
27th November 2009, 12:11 PM
hmmm so a lap top somewhere in singapore. let the hiest begin!!

jokes aside, mine is a teddy that I have had since i was born, i call him teddy, he has one eye and i still havnt got an eye patch for him yet like i always wanted to.

BulletWraith
27th November 2009, 12:13 PM
my most treasured possession is a petrified shark tooth necklace my ex girlfriend gave me(She's probably a marine biologist by now, I kid you not) the necklace got prettymuch destroyed cos I wore it so much(kinda died in a mosh/slam pit), so I made a new necklace for the tooth, I don't want to loose the tooth so I'm thinking about getting it embedded in my chest so I never lose it
(I'm kinda sentimental)

it's great that you got windows 7 wish I had it, dunno about IE though, hail to the Fox!
and Lance I'm calling you paranoid, like totally

-zeroshen
(embedded, like surgically grafted to my sternum or somthin)
(just looked it up, it'd be on the centre front of my Manubrium)

Lance
27th November 2009, 12:15 PM
@ F.E.I.S.A.R.: Thieves would have to be able to trace your actual physical address. It isn't usually easy. If you know you've not given out enough info for anyone to do it, then you shouldn't worry too much. The odds are in your favour. I've only ever tracked someone down to their actual street address once; it was on another forum and the guy seemed to be stalking one of our members out there in real life, so I thought it was important enough to find him. I had a couple of advantages that most thieves don't, so you shouldn't panic, just be aware. Do you really want me to delete this thread?

F.E.I.S.A.R
27th November 2009, 12:18 PM
Yes,please.It be greatly appreciated if you could delete all of my threads since they are of no use at all

BulletWraith
27th November 2009, 12:25 PM
you scare me F.E.I.S.A.R, I'm not sure if Lance can compute sarcasm
stay open will ya

Lance
27th November 2009, 12:26 PM
Oh, I'm aware of the sarcasm; I just didn't feel that it was justified in this case.
One should always tell admins and mods exactly what you're trying to communicate in order to minimise the probability that they will do the opposite of what you want.
Why don't I just delete all the posts in this thread except #'s 1, 4, and 5?

BulletWraith
27th November 2009, 01:16 PM
Error Error
*Giant Explosion!*

OBH
27th November 2009, 01:26 PM
i still havnt got an eye patch for him yet like i always wanted to.

if you hadnt annoyed me all those years ago he'd have never lost that eye :)

mine's a yellow monkey ive had since the day i was born.

mic-dk
27th November 2009, 01:33 PM
I wanted to say my wife, but I don't think she agrees to be actual property.

Then it comes down to choosing between my dog and my motorcycle. Tough call.
(my neighbors at least knows I have both - they both can be quite noisy :D )

SaturnReturn
27th November 2009, 06:41 PM
I highly treasure the few clothes I have. I'd feel naked without them.

I have a lot of small things, which remind of people or good times passed, that I have trouble getting rid of, despite their lack of any real use. It's mainly things that I couldn't replace. I like my guitars, but at the end of the day I can always replace them. Even though they have memories associated with them, a new one the same would still remind me, so probably wouldn't be too different.

I do have a pendant that I was given by someone. I wear it every day and if I do forget to put it on in the morning I panic a little when I realise. It came off once and I thought I'd lost it. I hope that never actually happens.

KGB
27th November 2009, 06:55 PM
1973 Fender Strat :guitar and the purity of my soul .

Lance
27th November 2009, 06:57 PM
Do people still have those?

KGB
27th November 2009, 06:59 PM
You can pick up guitars at most music shops Lance. You can also get soul there to.

SaturnReturn
27th November 2009, 07:10 PM
If I had a guitar that old then I would probably treasure it a lot more than I do mine - they're still so shiny and new. That strat must have so much MOJO.

Mr Phlanj
27th November 2009, 08:38 PM
Do people still have those?

hey i know a few people who still have souls

Motorsagmannen
27th November 2009, 08:39 PM
Nirvana-Nevermind on vinyl

Aeroracer
27th November 2009, 10:26 PM
my most treasured possesion is....well i did pay for them so its a possesion of sorts is........

twinkle ..my number one baby:nod

Medusa
28th November 2009, 02:44 PM
@ KGB: SOoooo true! Every guitar comes with its own "soul", not necessarily a living soul but definitely its own feel and attitude, even if you feel you have no soul anymore, completely dead inside, sometimes all you have to do is pick up the right guitar and it gives you life again.
I have tried this. It works.:redface:

(Uhh, guess what my fave possessions are.)

Also everything in my Wipeout collection, but I could live without them (if I absolutely had to:twisted).

Lance
28th November 2009, 02:56 PM
One of mine would certainly be my connection to the internet, because of the connection to other people, and to data about the things that interest me.

eLhabib
29th November 2009, 02:37 PM
my hyperolfaction - wouldn't wanna know what the world's like without it.

Vartazian
30th November 2009, 12:26 AM
My Teddy Bear. He Chills By my bed. Definately helped me get through tough times when I was a kid so I keep him there.

ACE-FLO
30th November 2009, 12:45 AM
i'm surprised no ones said 'mobile phone', considering the amount of panic one would feel, if one were to lose theirs. For me, i'll say mobile phone ;)

Rapier Racer
30th November 2009, 11:11 AM
A mobile phone is not a treasured possession. If it was you would not trade it in, sell it, upgrade it with another phone or whatever. But the time will come, and you will :cowboy

It is an important and essential piece of kit in my view but not a treasured item.

What the phone allows you to do I guess that could be treasured.

ACE-FLO
30th November 2009, 12:08 PM
Sorry RR, but for me - it's still my mobile phone :)

RR, people pawn their possessions all the time (Pawn shops are interesting places ;)) ... at least with an upgrade/trade in, I can get a better phone eh? Having said that, I have an old phone. and I love it! :D

F.E.I.S.A.R
30th November 2009, 02:37 PM
ACE-FLO,I respect your choice.
Everyone has his/her own personal preferences,and,if you like it,then like it! It is your choice,and no one but you yourself has the right to change that.

Rapier Racer
30th November 2009, 04:05 PM
I just think if it was really treasured you would not get rid of said item. I have a few, mainly consoles, 2 mega drives and a SNES. Others would of course include each Wipeout game I own and all of my Playstations.

Things I won't ever get rid of :) Thats why my cars not included as much as I love my 206 I doubt I'll still have it in 5 years for example.

ACE-FLO
1st December 2009, 03:31 PM
Yes, I see your point, but regardless of how many times you change your car, you'll still have one, right? But if you didn't have one, after owning one previously - you'd miss it. My point is, it's not the brand I'm valuing, it's the intended purpose of the product! That's all :)

EDIT: lol, I've just said what you said RR, we're making the same point :D

F.E.I.S.A.R
4th December 2009, 02:57 PM
Another of my treasured possession is my alarm clock.Without it I would wake up late,and,because of that,go to school late.
("Is/are",you can have more than one treasured possession)

q_dmc12
4th December 2009, 03:25 PM
Other than my life, family and friends I'd have to say my "Time Machine", it's a code word for something - figure it out! :twisted

Mr Phlanj
4th December 2009, 05:45 PM
is it a bong :D

one of mine is my "i dont do mornings" mug, it's nice and big :D

SaturnReturn
4th December 2009, 05:52 PM
I'd have to say my "Time Machine", it's a code word for something - figure it out! :twisted

You own a Delorean?

Lol. I was joking, but I looked it up on wikipedia to get the correct spelling, and now I'm pretty sure you do. Delorean DMC-12. :o

abukii
5th December 2009, 03:51 PM
Hmmm...either that or a phone booth (Dr.Who):g If it is really a Delorian, could we see pics of its righteous beauty? Please:+

I really will be honest here and say its my 60 gig ps3 and my 3000 series OFW psp alongside my 15" 1080i tv. I know its 3 things, but together its a family. And Families count as one thing lol

q_dmc12
5th December 2009, 04:56 PM
You own a Delorean?

Lol. I was joking, but I looked it up on wikipedia to get the correct spelling, and now I'm pretty sure you do. Delorean DMC-12. :o

:) ..

Hmmm...either that or a phone booth (Dr.Who):g If it is really a Delorian, could we see pics of its righteous beauty? Please:+

Sure thing, ..oh how about a video (http://www.facebook.com/#/video/video.php?v=14208170554) instead? (the car is locked up for the winter and all the photographs are old polaroids I'd have to rescan.

Lance
5th December 2009, 04:59 PM
What engine do you have in it? [manufacturer, displacement, number of cylinders, turbo/super charger or not, etc.]

q_dmc12
5th December 2009, 05:06 PM
hmm.. it's a 2.something Volvo V6, no turbo charge.. automatic trans - yeah. :/ It's the stock engine, I've had some repairs on it since but at that time all was original except for the tires and radio... it still needs work.:mr-t

..but it runs :D

Lance
5th December 2009, 05:09 PM
That's better than the first engines they used, which were some Renault [or was it Peugeot?] four cylinder. They were the opposite of fast. Just looked cool.

IH8YOU
5th December 2009, 07:25 PM
My job. After spending months without one I appreciate all too well how lucky I am right now.

Put aside the fact I actually enjoy this job.

SaturnReturn
5th December 2009, 08:11 PM
Having a job you enjoy is awesome.:+ Now if only I could enjoy getting out of bed so early in the morning. It's not so awesome.:|

RedScar
5th December 2009, 08:32 PM
Enjoy getting up early?
That is a pretty insane idea saturn :P

abukii
6th December 2009, 12:58 PM
Awweeee man...the video doesnt work:blarg

But, yea, that is awesome that you own one :)