PDA

View Full Version : 2009-11-21: WipEoutZone Store Products Updated

infoxicated
21st November 2009, 07:58 PM
At the risk of quoting myself;

I've gone completely off at a tangent and decided to celebrate our upcoming 9th birthday with the new store products. Rather than try to out-WipEout myself this time, I thought I'd go with something fun and striking.

I had the idea when I was playing around with what to do for our 9th birthday and arranged nine ship silhouettes in a grid. It could so easily have stayed that way, but it struck me that they looked like those famous Andy Warhol paintings and rip-offs. So I gave my own homage a try and I really liked the result. Whether you will is another matter, I guess!

So, what we have is a collection of t-shirts from when pop-cultures collide. I thought it represented well the nine different years we've had here, and the many different types of people and cultures in the community. As pretentious as that sounds, I conjured up an even more pretentious slogan for the back of the shirt: We are fast. We are unique. We are nine.

Even if you hate them, don't worry about it - I'll replace them again in a couple of months in the run up to the next convention.

Oh, I haven't done the mugs yet because I've run out of steam for today, but I'll get the redesigns for those up soon-ish.
Link, you say?

http://www.cafepress.com/wipeoutzone/

Medusa
21st November 2009, 11:28 PM
XD Three cheers for adding a women's tee to the collection, and yes that is a very cool design! I'm always on the lookout for unique tees and refuse to buy any "common"ish tshirts. :+ from me

ACE-FLO
22nd November 2009, 12:56 AM
Rob, these warholEsque wipEout tEE shirts look pretty cool, and the 'we are nine' line sounds pretty damn awesome! I hope you have some currently displayed mugs (large) in stock as i'll wanna order one of those as well as the new one you'll design for us crazies :rock

infoxicated
22nd November 2009, 08:20 AM
The stuff is made to order, so it's always in stock. :)

stin
22nd November 2009, 10:07 AM
Excellent!, is any chance to add Maestro Switch card?, because I don`t have a credit card.

stevie:paperbag

Rapier Racer
22nd November 2009, 11:44 AM
Thats a real cool shirt nice work :clap black and long sleeves for me I think. I was also gonna mention the mugs I'm wanting one of those old ones before the design is changed, now wheres my plastic.

infoxicated
22nd November 2009, 12:12 PM
I'll keep the old mugs in there alongside the new ones, Stephen.

Stevie, I'll check the card situation when I'm on the PC tonight.

JJPAP
22nd November 2009, 03:35 PM
Great stuff, Rob :)
Guess I´ll be a bloody wandering WO-commercial this year ...

ACE-FLO
22nd November 2009, 04:02 PM
I already am... verbally though :D - time to shut my trap and wear some tees, drink some coffee, and schmile :) like I know something, others don't (being wipEout)...

feeling smug whilst snug,
in my zoner tee,
with zoner mug,
drinking coffee... bless :)

Rattles
23rd November 2009, 06:11 AM
With Xmass just around the corner that mug is mighty tempting :hyper

stin
28th November 2009, 11:25 AM
I decided to use my mom`s card (Yes I`m forty years old:paperbag)to buy a hoodie for me.

Cheers foxy ;)

stevie:)

infoxicated
28th November 2009, 01:58 PM
LOL! Brilliant! :D

I haven't had time to check on switch/maestro yet, sorry Stevie.

stin
28th November 2009, 03:42 PM
Foxy, no problem but when time comes, then everything will be fine.:+

stevie;)

Asayyeah
30th November 2009, 12:35 PM
Yeah that is cool news Rob, i just finished ordered few stuff : should receive the 3 items before xmas : can't wait :clap

infoxicated
30th November 2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks for your support Arnie & Stevie. :+

OBH
30th November 2009, 01:06 PM
I decided to use my mom`s card (Yes I`m forty years old:paperbag)

Brilliant!!! :g You legend.

KGB
30th November 2009, 04:03 PM
Are you still checking on Switch Rob, as I have cut up all my credit cards after 20 years of debt. I could ask my mother as well. I'm only 38 so it's not as bad as Stin. :)

infoxicated
30th November 2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I'll see if it can be added - it would be far simpler.

Hellfire_WZ
30th November 2009, 06:18 PM
Cheers Rob, you'll have a mug on order when you do ;)

DeepMix
17th December 2009, 12:46 AM
i love that stuff but im afraid i dont have those credit cards :( at least i saw you guys can ship it to my country which makes me happy, i hope you do some team t-shirt like icaras, triakis,etc so by the time i get a credit card ill be happy to buy some :)

infoxicated
18th December 2009, 08:28 PM
Unfortunately CafePress does not support debit cards at this time.

Sorry folks.

stin
23rd December 2009, 01:13 PM
That is a pity but that will not stop me to buy stuff.

Anyway, got a hoodie here and I`m pleased for that.:hyper

Asayyeah
27th December 2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah i received my parcel last wednesday when i came back home :hyper
Now i can drink my best caffeinic products into a large mug labelled Wipeoutzone and wear a long sleeve black tee shirt (we are nine) and a hoddie with a zip.
Great quality products and price is very low when you check the currency rate between euro and dollar.
I am happy :hyper

infoxicated
27th December 2009, 04:36 PM
Yeah, the exchange rate is pretty good at the moment:)

Glad you like the stuff Arnie :+

Rapier Racer
29th December 2009, 08:02 PM
Are there still plans for a mug design? I was waiting until it was up before I ordered so I can get the lot at once. No worries if there's been a change of plan, I'm just waiting for the word so I can go shopping. :P:nod

infoxicated
29th December 2009, 10:33 PM
Other stuff came up, I'm afraid, so I didn't get around to finishing off the new design.

I was going to do a "we are nine" edition mug, but I figured I'd flogged that particular horse to a gluey pulp. (I've just realised that on a multinational/cultural board that might make zero sense, but my sense of mischief has me leaving it there anyway.)

I'll try to get a new one up before the holidays are over (next Monday, for me) - thanks for your patience. :+

Rapier Racer
1st January 2010, 12:16 PM
No worries Rob, everyone knows your a busy man :+

kanar
4th January 2010, 01:33 PM
That's already a great addition Rob, this we are nine collection is awesome. Couldn't restrain myself anymore lol; can't wait for my order now :rock

EDIT 07/01/10 : YEAH! JUST GOT MY PACKAGE!!! SWEEET SWEATSHIRT & TEE-SHIRT:rock:rock:rock

TheFrostE
8th January 2010, 08:50 PM
i totally caved and bought a white "we are nine" hoodie with premium shipping...so i get on wednesday next week! woot! awesome design Rob, cant wait.

PS- i paid using my Debit/Bank card and it went through without a hitch...isnt debit essentially the same as a credit card anyways. is my order going to be okay?

SaturnReturn
8th January 2010, 08:56 PM
My debit card is VISA, so I never have problems. But some specific types of debit card, I think mostly Switch and/or Solo, are often not catered for, for whatever reasons.

JJPAP
14th January 2010, 09:16 AM
Ahhh, package from New Zealand .....
A long wait, but well worth it :)

q_dmc12
24th January 2010, 07:26 PM
PS- i paid using my Debit/Bank card and it went through without a hitch...isnt debit essentially the same as a credit card anyways. is my order going to be okay?

Debit cards are like electronic checks, credit is buy now and we'll charge you later - plus interest. Mini loans..

LOUDandPROUD
10th February 2010, 07:20 PM
Just ordered the large mug! :)

infoxicated
12th February 2010, 09:16 AM
Cool. :+

I'm not very happy with that mug design, actually - it was two separate ideas that I tried to combine and it wasn't entirely successful. Unfortunately I just haven't had the time to complete the new design and get it posted.

Still, I have a couple at home and the large size is great.

Medusa
12th February 2010, 03:17 PM
I really like the old design, it's almost the coolest mug in my collection. I take it the 2 designs were the wipeoutzone logo and the other pics?
I get a kick out of making people hold it close to their face to read what it says.:coffee 8D
Any chance the new design goes on a black/dark mug?

LOUDandPROUD
13th February 2010, 02:21 PM
Hmmm...I also like the mug design a lot. Clean, futuristic, and just flat-out cool. Curious what the new design is going to look like though. Hopefully it doesn't have the whole "We are nine" theme/design going on, because, while I appreciate your efforts, I don't particularly care for it. Instead of transporting me to a Wipeout future, it actually takes me back in time, with it's Warhol-esque design. That's just my feelings though. I know a lot of folks like it. :)

SaturnReturn
13th February 2010, 02:30 PM
That's because you're still thinking of it as a mug. Get your head out of the past man, it's clearly a "Portable Thermal Beverage Containment Device".:robot

OOOOOOOOOOhAAAAAAAAAAh...futurey!;)

infoxicated
14th February 2010, 02:08 PM
It's just going to be an evolution of the current design, with some of the ideas I had for it having a bit more focus.

I do like the idea of having it on a black mug, Medusa - they don't appear to have those on Cafepress, though.

LOUDandPROUD
17th February 2010, 01:07 AM
My mug was delivered today! Love it! Thanks! :+

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/6735/20100217133224.th.jpg (http://img684.imageshack.us/i/20100217133224.jpg/)

stinkleroy
17th February 2010, 09:23 AM
2 large Portable Thermal Beverage Containment Devices purchased! :)

Mugs arrived yesterday 27th Feb..thanks I love them :D

stin
11th March 2010, 04:58 PM
Foxy, any update for convention at the moment?:sonar

Cos, time is pretty close and I don`t want to pressure on you:redface:.

infoxicated
12th March 2010, 10:21 AM
Do you mean t-shirts for the convention, Stevie?

stin
12th March 2010, 01:20 PM
Yes:)

infoxicated
14th March 2010, 02:25 PM
To be honest, I wasn't planning on doing one this year.

Most of my t-shirt collection comprises of all the left over stuff from Amsterdam 2007, although I guess that's my fault for assuming everybody would want a large one... damn pesky skinny folk!

//prods xEik's ribs!

If enough folk want one I'll rustle something up - I think you suggested a design idea to me a couple of months back, didn't you? :)

stin
14th March 2010, 03:07 PM
Write very slowly...yees I did that in that time. But at least I`d tried.

stevie:paperbag

eLhabib
14th March 2010, 03:36 PM
If you'd rather not do it, Rob, I can get shirts done for the convention! Will be nice padding for the screens as well ;)

xEik
14th March 2010, 08:27 PM
Most of my t-shirt collection comprises of all the left over stuff from Amsterdam 2007, although I guess that's my fault for assuming everybody would want a large one... damn pesky skinny folk!

//prods xEik's ribs!

Sorry for being skinny. :P I still wear my M sized ones though.
You should see people's faces when I am at a customer's offices and everyone else is wearing shirts and ties and I'm wearing a WipEout convention T-shirt. :D

Chill
19th March 2010, 06:16 AM
Hey Stin, if there's a way to pay you before the convention I would do it gladly... I just don't know how I could get the money to you, unless I had a way to transfer over to your bank account... I mean, I'm only in Iraq at the moment... :P

If you guys make shirts, I know I won't be there but I'd like to purchase some...

infoxicated
28th July 2010, 11:00 PM
We are nine t-shirts are now gone.

Sneak preview of "Speed Kills" design is up - hopefully going to get a bunch of new ones up there this weekend to add to it.

Medusa
28th July 2010, 11:37 PM
Looks cool! (but I've got this weird antipathy towards the use of "kills" in wo so I'll never buy it...)
You aren't taking the sixth anniversary shirts down anytime, are you?? Please give me due warning if so, then I can order a few to last me a couple of decades :g

Look forward to seeing the rest of the tee-signs!

LOUDandPROUD
29th July 2010, 02:15 PM
Haha, yah, I'm liking the Speed Kills shirt. Nice work! :+

stinkleroy
1st August 2010, 01:17 PM
Oooh indeed, I really do like the speed kills design....if only I had some money!! ;)

F.E.I.S.A.R
2nd August 2010, 08:07 AM
(off-topic(Maybe))
The "Speed Kills" tee has two meanings(the way I interpret it).
1. Too fast a velocity kills(Obvious one)
2.You either go for "Speed" or "Kills"
(On-topic)
Ooooohhhh...Design looks great! ;)

infoxicated
2nd August 2010, 09:49 AM
That's exactly was what I was going for - the dilemma we face as pilots at hundreds of miles per hour. I actually had the idea months ago, but needed to sit down and use photo mode to take pics of the pads on various tracks for reference material, then re-create them in vector format.

I'm not entirely happy with the X pad, but that's the way it is in WipEout HD, it's just that you see it from a low perspective when you're racing, making it look taller.

I didn't manage to get the other designs done due to freelance work getting in the way yesterday, but I'm planning to do a version of it with WipEout 3 style pads and typeface for that retro kick. :)

LOUDandPROUD
2nd August 2010, 04:44 PM
Oooh indeed, I really do like the speed kills design....if only I had some money!! ;)

Can't you get AnErare to buy you one? :P

Zoth-Ommog
2nd August 2010, 06:29 PM
Just ordered "Speed Kills" T-shirt ;)

Infact i like that it can be understood in two different ways.

Task
5th August 2010, 04:41 PM
I'm planning to do a version of it with WipEout 3 style pads and typeface for that retro kick. :)
OH HELL YES!
I like the shirt already, but I'm not a fan of the HD graphics.
What I am a big fan of is WO3. 8 )
Oh, and can the shirt come in white?
Oh, no, even better: a light grey like the track surface!

I also like the other two meanings that I read into the shirt:
1) Speedkills - A 'kill' you achieve while you are at high speed
2) Speed Kills - A 'kill' you achieve on something which is at high speed

Both of those meaning are also, of course, highly appropriate.
Especially if you're playing WO3 eliminator multiplayer! (plug, plug)

Man, two words and two little images and we can get a multi-page discourse going! 8 D

Tomahawk
5th August 2010, 06:02 PM
Very nice shirts Rob, I guess I gotta get my VISA out of my wallet and order some stuff from the store... :)

When I first read the "Speed Kills" slogan there actually came a totally different, non-wipeout and more anti-drugs meaning into my mind... Take speed and look like this :blarg

infoxicated
5th August 2010, 11:30 PM
That was an unintended one, TK, but I'll take it! :)

Rapier Racer
7th August 2010, 07:01 PM
Heh that new shirt is cool nice work :+

Incase anyone is wondering when you click the front view, yes, yes that is Rob modeling the shirt during a bad hair day :P

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/cp/moredetails.aspx?showBleed=false&ProductNo=461073733&colorNo=6&pr=F

infoxicated
7th August 2010, 11:38 PM
I only wish my good hair days were as good as his bad hair days!

Chill
26th August 2010, 09:19 AM
So I've ordered like 3 of these shirts quite a long while ago, but they hadn't come in yet... uugh!!

infoxicated
26th August 2010, 12:54 PM
Really?

I'll check up on that - you should have them within ten days.

Chill
26th August 2010, 06:34 PM
Thank you sir it's much appreciated... if you can't do much it's all good, I'll just get another one... I'm a single man making decent money, I'm not too worried... ;)

infoxicated
27th August 2010, 07:58 AM
Heh! That's hardly the point, though, is it. ;)

It says that the order has been completed - I think you need to chase Cafepress up yourself because there doesn't appear to be an option for me to act on that particular order.

Chill
3rd September 2010, 05:30 PM
Everything's good now... Talked with cafepress and they simply sent a replacement, and that one actually came in... Thanks for the effort! ;)

ananta_cloudian
10th November 2010, 10:41 PM
as I can order a shirt and a cup to send me to Mexico?:hyper