PDA

View Full Version : Do you play as much Wipeout post 2.10?

IH8YOU
8th November 2009, 02:51 PM
Before I take some time off - this question as been bugging me - and I wanted to get it out there.

Please - please - please (I've asked thrice) do not rant off topic here - I just want to know if your playing habits have been changed since the re-introduction of ads into the game.

I myself - play far less now, I get into it for a game or two, and then get so annoyed that I shut it off before game 3. And I'm now finding the desire to play in the first place diminished at the thought of what I'll hear pre-game.

Has the recent update affected your gameplay?

mdhay
8th November 2009, 03:24 PM
I don't touch it anymore. One ad set me off. >:(

SaturnReturn
8th November 2009, 03:47 PM
I think I play it about the same amount. I was already starting to play the game less before the update though. If I'd been in full swing before the update, it's possible that I might have played less. Although recently I've spent more time online than in TT. If I had spent most time in TT then that would mean long sessions with no adverse impacts of 2.10, so it wouldn't have affected me. Overall, probably about the same, because I'm not playing as much anyway.

Koleax
8th November 2009, 05:15 PM
I play much less and it will not be long before I stop playing entirely.

Reezy
8th November 2009, 05:36 PM
I am yet to download this update so I still play the game the same amount :)

DISRUPTOR
8th November 2009, 05:56 PM
I play the game less since the introduction on the new patch. The game is highly annoying, the last thing you want when you just lost by 0.02 seconds or flown through a mine field only to be blown up form the ship clash glitch is to watch some garbage advert.
Also when the avert plays the loading on the next race stops for the entire advert.
Offline is better for me as I do not have to put up with it.

Dark_Phantom_89
8th November 2009, 06:13 PM
Less for me as well - a shame really

Amorbis
8th November 2009, 08:09 PM
I play less but it isn't really any relation to the patch, I simply don't dedicate as much to WipEout HD as I used to. Although the adverts aren't really any encouragement for me to play, even if they don't disrupt it too much.

KGB
8th November 2009, 08:21 PM
I'm like Amorbis, Just not playing as much anyway, the adverts don't bother me really. I understand that peoples principles are playing a big part in their thoughts about it all, but I just can't seem to get angry about it. I'm just of the point of view that there are bigger battles in life to fight than this.

The fact that the game has now been out for a year and I'm still playing it at all is a source of wonder to me. Maybe we are all playing less because we are a tad jaded and need a rest.

Koleax
8th November 2009, 11:05 PM
That really is not the case for me, KGB. Playing Wipeout HD used to be a form of rest and had a rejuvenating effect for me.

It's like walking through a nice neighborhood and later finding it polluted with litter, noise, and other obnoxious behavior. You don't walk through it much after that starts to happen.

XBARNSTERX
9th November 2009, 12:24 AM
Rocky Rocky Rocky Rocky Rocky:D

Vartazian
9th November 2009, 08:00 AM
Unchanged. I still play too much ;)

Kyonshi
9th November 2009, 11:22 PM
I play much less, didn't even download the patch. I still practice offline, to stay in good shape, in the eventuality my fellow team mates ask me to join for WWC. Otherwise, knowing there's ads again just repulse me, and it saddens me to see so much cool people i've been meeting online quiting... :(

Take that Sony, see what's happening when you screw with people. Oh wait, i forgot... you don't care.

SaturnReturn
9th November 2009, 11:30 PM
I was actually asked today, "Why aren't you playing that game as much recently?". Apparently other people notice more than me. I probably didn't realise quite how much I played before, whereas family did. I guess that, up until yesterday, I was playing probably as frequently, but not for as long. Today I only did two races, and that was only after a comment from someone made me think it had improved. So yeah, I'm slowly but surely getting turned off. It's actually the increased glitches and technical issues that are the greater turn off though I feel, in terms of having the will to play. But the other stuff is annoying in more of a moral sense. Together they add up to major loss of will.

iLikeMu
10th November 2009, 12:43 PM
It's probably not going to affect my play time, but that's because I've owned my system for about 6 weeks. Prior to that I only had a handful of WipeOut HD sessions on a friend's system. The annoyance brought by the patch isn't enough to override my desire to play...at least not yet.

crawdad62
10th November 2009, 04:01 PM
It's sort of affecting my play. Last night I got on and there was only two rooms. And shortly only one. So while I would've played much longer than I did there's not as many people on then there was. I'm not sure that's due to the update or not.

Kyonshi
10th November 2009, 05:00 PM
Only 2 rooms?? Damn, once in a while i had minimum 4 to 5 rooms, but only 2...

Way to go Sony :+

Vartazian
10th November 2009, 05:09 PM
I had 0 Last night. Vart was Sad :(

ACE-FLO
10th November 2009, 05:25 PM
Only 2 rooms?? Damn, once in a while i had minimum 4 to 5 rooms, but only 2...

Way to go Sony :+

yep, was late - and Crawdad62 was in one room with me, just us racing, the other room was venom....

Only two rooms open, reminded me of Pulse! meh!

Sausehuhn
10th November 2009, 06:17 PM
For now I stopped playing completely – let's see if lasts for a few more months …

Zitrax
10th November 2009, 07:07 PM
The ads are annoying but does not affect how much I play.

MrSmadSmartAlex
10th November 2009, 07:07 PM
Only two rooms open, reminded me of Pulse! meh!
2 rooms open in Pulse?? At the same time?? Nah, you must have been dreaming of a "packed Pulse server"...:lol

vinnymonster
11th November 2009, 10:39 AM
vinny go boom more often now.
must be the adds.

Rapier Racer
11th November 2009, 10:46 AM
I haven't played a lot since the update hit but it isn't because of the update its because of a shortage of time and also now that Modern Warfare 2 is here, I'll spend at least a week playing that and nothing else. Like always though I will stop playing these other games and Wipeout will return.

vinnymonster
11th November 2009, 10:53 AM
friends think im a little strange, this is due in part because when asked what games i own...........the reply is the same, only one game ^wipeout^.

sad bad add.bad sad add.

finngers
16th November 2009, 04:59 PM
I've not played in yonks but its not cause of any patch or anything just not had as much time and when i have been mashing a bit of fifa gonna merk it now tho

jan709
18th November 2009, 05:12 PM
i now play less wipeout, but thats probably more cod mw2 and ninja gaiden sigma then the patch. although, the commercials are huge frustration.

blackwiggle
20th November 2009, 06:15 AM
I have found I am playing a lot less than previously.
It's not so much to the 2.10 update,it's more that I don't like the new FURY update ,period.

Sort of linked to the "something just not feel right with FURY" thread.

I felt that extra floaty experience when playing FURY,it's put me off,sorry to say.

The AD's Euro & USA racers are getting haven't seemed to manifested themselves onto the AUS/NZ version of HD/FURY, YET

F.E.I.S.A.R
29th December 2009, 08:54 AM
I just got BOTH HD and Fury,so I cannot really say if I play as much WipEout HD post 2.10 as I DO play ver 2.10

siriusbee
29th December 2009, 08:26 PM
I play about the same amount these days, but then again, I also don't see any ads at the moment.