PDA

View Full Version : Voicechat petition

eLhabib
14th October 2009, 05:09 PM
So, since there seems to be some rumble in the jungle about the lack of functional voicechat in wipEout HD/Fury, here's the official poll / petition thread.

Personally, I would very much like to have the chat fixed, as long as they include a mute option.

Please vote, don't discuss. We have a seperate thread for discussion already. Keep this one clean of swearing and finger-pointing, just vote and let Studio Liverpool see how much you care.

Thank you!

ProblemSolver
14th October 2009, 05:32 PM
I voted WHATEVER. Voice chat is cool, for sure, but not as important as
a flawless working online mode and leaderboard.

Vartazian
14th October 2009, 06:57 PM
I don't feel like listening to brainless noobs in my language and other languages. I voted "NO"

Amorbis
14th October 2009, 06:59 PM
I chose whatever, but don't get me wrong, I do like voice chat. The reason I'm not bothered is because I like things how they are with the chat box after a game and being able to concentrate during a game, being able to listen to the music and the game without any interference. As nice as it would be to talk during a game I don't think it's necessary.

If it's fixed then that's great but I can't say that I'm missing voice chat.

Constrictor
14th October 2009, 07:00 PM
Yes! I paid for this feature I may not use.

mizunoori
14th October 2009, 07:19 PM
I voted NO.

I don´t want so listen to someone during a race. It´s bad enough when a real person talks to me while I´m racing ^_^

ProblemSolver
14th October 2009, 08:04 PM
Uhh ... a guy from ND told us more as we should know by now;

I think they wanted people to have fun and ejoy the show since all dead players can talk to each other no matter what team you are on. But I will suggest it anyway. Not to mention that the next PS3 firmware update is going to allow cross game chat. So if players use that instead of in game communication then they would also be able to communicate enemies positions. ...

Reference (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=uncharteddf&message.id=68482#M68482)

His comment was removed a few hours later!

:)

KIGO1987
14th October 2009, 08:48 PM
I said "YES"

i would like this.

yeldar2097
14th October 2009, 08:48 PM
Could just fix it and make it an option like BRs and suchlike.

Darkdrium777
14th October 2009, 08:50 PM
Great. Thank you eLhabib :)

I voted YES, for the principle that this feature was supposed to be supported and included in the original price of the game.
I also intend to use it to communicate better with other people (ask them what they want to race with me if I'm hosting). Imagine how easy bling brigade trophies would have been if it had been working. ;)
Of course, also include the ability to mute individuals who wish to tell you what they did today when you're focused on racing.

KIGO1987
14th October 2009, 08:54 PM
damn, trying to organize the BB crap back in '08 was an absolute C-U-N-T no matter about that, voice chat would of made things a heap easier then. We only managed to get it working back in the day, since we where all on msn messenger at the time, i remember having DD, Arnaud, and a few other on at the time trying to organize it, would of been alot and alot and alot easier to get it working if the ****ing voice chat feature was working.

Ronibhoy
15th October 2009, 01:29 AM
I voted YES. but they need a mute option for players who don't want it. Hope this poll works it will make the game more of a laugh for friends 8)

amplificated
15th October 2009, 02:22 AM
Doesn't the "block" option in the friends menu block private messages and voice? If not, it should... I've never had to block anyone luckily so I have no idea.

Yes, it would make good sessions better. And you should be able to block any people that are making a session worse.

Kyonshi
15th October 2009, 03:45 AM
Voted Yes.

Not only because its supposed to be working like SL initially announced since launch day, but also because i'd like to hear the friends i made here and in-game :)

There should also be, if its possible, an option that would allow me to choose specific players to talk with since that would be very useful during WWC events. Communicating position on the grid would be nice to prevent deadly friendly fire :D

KGB
15th October 2009, 08:52 AM
Yes and make sure the mute is working.

I liked it when Asa used to comment on a race at the end, he always picked the right time to talk, when it was working that is. When you are in a race and people are chatting away it's really off putting, like someone in the back seat of the car wittering on about the weather or asking 'are we there yet'?

guillaume
15th October 2009, 10:50 AM
Voted yes, if the right filters are implemented. Like being able to set up a race where the voice chat is disabled from the countdown to the moment the last person finishes the race.

Asayyeah
15th October 2009, 12:48 PM
Voted Yes if it's fully functionnal and crystal clear voice (not the clearest voice possible using the voice sfx though ;) ) and an adding 'Mute' button like others already mentionned.

Those were great moments KGB i do miss those races we had before but something is telling me in a close future we shall meet again :D .

Mad-Ice
15th October 2009, 05:03 PM
Voted: Yes, because hearing and shooting expressions while racing is superb. This is why you all should come to an European Wipeout Convention or the a North American Wipeout Convention. Once you have experienced this you want more of them. See you all next year :nod

Greetz Mad-Ice

SaturnReturn
15th October 2009, 05:45 PM
I voted "WHATEVER" because.....whatever.

NightArh
15th October 2009, 06:15 PM
Any modern online game should have crystal quality voice chat. Voted YES in this poll. But it is useless for me in WipeoutHD cos I dont know English good enough :P

KIGO1987
15th October 2009, 06:16 PM
Why some people voted NO or Whatever is beyond me.

Those two responses are very cunty, like wtf, lets not fix WOHD even though we have been on it for over a year. FFS it needs to be fixed and tweeked a tad more, and this game is perfect. 3 more additions need to be added to the online feature of this game;

Voicechat
Friendly Fire
Ability to choose your custom soundtrack in the online lobby, like in Pulse.d

There you go, its ****ing fixed, problem solvered:)

Aeroracer
16th October 2009, 01:17 AM
lol.....@ kigo

i was gonna vote whatever but lucky i didnt cos i would be cunty too as you stated..yes

i vote yes if it makes players happy:dizzy

Koleax
16th October 2009, 02:43 AM
I don't speak the Queen's English, so I'm afraid I don't know what kigo and jade are talking about. :P

I voted no, because I see lack of voice chat as a feature. A great way to fix it would be to remove it entirely.

I'd rather they worked on screen tearing and frame-rate drops. I miss that commitment to 60 FPS, which was also advertised, but that's for another thread.

KIGO1987
16th October 2009, 08:18 AM
lol.....@ kigo

i was gonna vote whatever but lucky i didnt cos i would be cunty too as you stated..yes

i vote yes if it makes players happy:dizzy

+ Rep :P

Smart choice there

We need voice chat guys, lets make WOHD fun again:)

I don't speak the Queen's English, so I'm afraid I don't know what kigo and jade are talking about. :P

LOL, it is a word that i have used for a few years now, as well some of my mates, here are some examples of cuntyness used in my day to day life;

"There where alot of cunty speed camera's on the road today"

"That cunty driver cut me off then"

"My ISP is very cunty"

"The new server on wipeoutzone is very extremely cunty when loading pages"

See where you can use this words now Koleax? I dont think im the creator of this word though, i think another Australia did.

Now back to Topic;

VOTE YES ON VOICE CHAT :D

mic-dk
16th October 2009, 08:40 AM
Well, this wasn't supposed to turn into a discussion for/against voice chat, but I voted no and I stand by it. Even if it was advertised with voicechat.

In WOHD I just want to race. Not listen to a running commentary, inane chit-chat or a mentally 12 year old shouting how l33t he his. No Thanks.

I don't mind being compared to the female genitalia, a thing which (most of ;) ) we men in the rest of the world think is a beautiful thing. Australia is different apparently :p

YouAreFubar
16th October 2009, 09:40 AM
I voted yes. And not because im afraid of Kigo labelling me with a naughty word.........

As long as there is also a mute button so you can get rid of the odd annoying person you WILL come across at some stage, I think it would be good for organising races and also getting a bit of banter going.

While they are there, they could fix the online spectator thing as well. That could have been a lot better.

amplificated
16th October 2009, 05:09 PM
I haven't actually heard this on the site or anywhere else, but since everyone is chipping in with their own problems they'd like to see fixed - the biggest issue for me is that online Eliminator lobbies never correctly display how far along they are. Like it'll display "returning to lobby", you join, and it's at 300/450 points. The meter is usually incredibly wrong as well, if it's showing the race nearly at its end, it would have just started or something.

Off topic, I know, but whatever. IT SHOULD BE FIXED =P

Aeroracer
16th October 2009, 09:49 PM
@kigo..to be honest i never heard of the word cunty, though its pretty obvious what it means..must be austrailian...

voice chat should be included as those who do not like can turn it off those who like can hear it...everyone wins that way:)

KIGO1987
16th October 2009, 10:04 PM
Yes:)

NightArh
18th October 2009, 09:03 PM
this thing should work or not at all. this is pity mistake of SL in other case because this not working feature just spoils the impression of the awesome game. Good thing is that SL has a great field for experiments to make the dream game for all wipeout fans. There is no ideal for anything so I hope game developers will make something for us in the future...

blackwiggle
20th October 2009, 05:59 AM
That cross game voice chat was halted because a certain games distributor [EA]threatened to pull PS3 support if Sony went ahead with it.

The person that posted about the system 3.00 update and what it would contain well before anybody got it explained the situation.
http://forums.n4g.com/Cross-game-chat-and-why-its-currently-MIA-m700070.aspx

And Cunty is not a official Australian term as far as I know,I had never run across it till I saw it here.

It could in fact be considered a total Kigoism ,much like Vista Pads.:p

Asymeel
20th October 2009, 06:41 AM
I say yeah! err Yes!
IMO, voice chat a usefull tool that should work correctly.
If it has been added into the game, it would be normal to work!

Darkdrium777
20th October 2009, 03:48 PM
[EA]
lol Harry Potter

Zitrax
20th October 2009, 07:11 PM
I voted NO as I would rather see them spending time on other parts of the game.

Although in its current state they should just remove it, to me it's completely unbelievable that it ever went into the game at all. I have yet not heard one single understandable word from that chat.

Darkdrium777
20th October 2009, 07:34 PM
I wonder why... :rolleyes:

KIGO1987
20th October 2009, 08:45 PM
That cross game voice chat was halted because a certain games distributor [EA]threatened to pull PS3 support if Sony went ahead with it.

The person that posted about the system 3.00 update and what it would contain well before anybody got it explained the situation.
http://forums.n4g.com/Cross-game-chat-and-why-its-currently-MIA-m700070.aspx/QUOTE]

Electronic Arts have become bastards in recent years, the newer NFS have lost what was originally good about them, being chased by the cops and evading them. Now its all about sikcunting your car up. Plus these triggers used for acceleration and breaking are an absolute pain in the arse, why you cant revert back to the X and square keys are beyond me. EA are bastards for doing that, why would they do that is stupid. SCE should tell them the get ****ed, and just go ahead with in game voice chat, makes organize things over the PSN much easier, as said before, like organizing the BB trophy.

[QUOTE=blackwiggle;154811]
And Cunty is not a official Australian term as far as I know,I had never run across it till I saw it here.

It could in fact be considered a total Kigoism ,much like Vista Pads.:p

Ha! LOL. "Kigoism", i guess that is another word that could be used. Some of my friends have picked up on these words and so have there friends. Cunty has been used a fair bit recently. Since especially this last week, there are all these bastards cops hiding behind bus stops with there radar guns. More than usual i can tell you that.

Vartazian
21st October 2009, 02:41 AM
I know the C-Bomb is probably the most offensive term over here in Canada. One of them at least.

Ronibhoy
22nd October 2009, 03:14 AM
cmon peps get voting:+

Sterist
23rd October 2009, 05:46 AM
the chat box after a game

wait.... what? lol

please explain

blackwiggle
23rd October 2009, 06:42 AM
He means in a chat room after a race

KIGO1987
12th May 2010, 12:37 AM
Will voice chat ever work on the WOHD ever again? Seemed to work before 1.30 update.

Is there any intention whatsoever to maybe fix this minor bug, would make it easy for newbies to to get the blinge brigade trophy if the in game voice chat were to work. or at least been able to have in game voice chat sessions in the game.

AG-wolf
19th May 2010, 03:18 PM
I wish they would not only fix it, but change it so it broadcasts whenever you say something, rather than having to press a button.

My fingers are busy enough when I'm racing and firing weapons, I don't know who's bright idea it was to make a push-to-talk button in a game where you need to focus on the race.

I honestly really enjoy a chance to chat in a racing game, though... when you get into heated chases and battles with someone who enjoys the game as much as yourself, it adds to the fun.

KIGO1987
19th May 2010, 03:28 PM
I absolutely agree with you there AG-Wolf. I can tell you if that if voice chat was functioning properly in the game, that all those Blinge Brigade attempts would of been alot, and i do emphasize alot easier to do. It amusing playing games with a few of your mates and a random on the other side of the world and there is heaps of swearing going on in the room, i remember a while back when the in game voice chat feature in Wipeout HD actually worked before 1.30 update came out, and there was a scotsman trying to setup a BB room himself, i was trying to help him out. oh bloody hell that was one funny experience. "You yeh yo, get out of the focking room if you havent got the silver skin", and this went on for ages, just about died from having stitches in my stomach.

I really do hope one day this gets fixed up. and another WOHD DLC pack would be nice also.

SaturnReturn
19th May 2010, 05:41 PM
If people were shouting and wearing during my race I'd just find it irritating. I'm pretty silent when I play and just find it distracting. Chatting after the race is cool, but during it not so much. If there weren't an option to mute everyone during the race but not after it then it'd suck for me, and I'd miss out on post race banter. I kind of think it's better without it anyway. It minimises the amount of random folk shouting abuse because they can't hack the pace or the lag or whatever.

il_mago_di_Doz
20th May 2010, 12:01 AM
It should be very cool a team-chat in international events like wwc or xpand.
Maybe with the new "premium" psn they'll find a way to let the cross-voice-chat work. But.... who is going to pay for a service that you could have for free just by connecting via skype? :|
A free version would be very nice tho :g

Kyonshi
20th May 2010, 01:03 AM
Another thing beside the inaction of (former)SL about this, is the inaction of Sony.

I don't know what the goddamn hell is so hard to make a constant voice-chat feature, that's active from the XMB itself, so you can have voice-chat ingame, whatever you're playing at. With the Mute option available of course, this would solve the problem forever.

I dunno, i played multi-player games on PC with voice-chat feature source outside of those games, it is possible, no question about this.

KIGO1987
20th May 2010, 06:56 AM
Kyonshi. Write exactly word for word what you said in your post from the second line onwards to SCEA or SCEE in a letter. Best way to put it.

It might, just might get through to someone.

Perseverance prevails.

il_mago_di_Doz
24th May 2010, 01:05 AM
It will surely be a feature included in the "premium" psn.
I am so sure about this :brickwall

KIGO1987
24th May 2010, 02:04 AM
Buggered if im spending any money for what i have got free for the past few years.

Then again i guess all PSN users have been getting a good deal when you compare it to xboxlive over the years.

When you think about it voice chat rooms on the PSN are the cheapest way to do international calls. So there is still a bit of a win there (Ace-Flo sounds like David Beckham lol, and a good mate to have a yarn too).

If a proper version of XMB voice chat is included on the "Premium PSN package" Then i might think about subscribing.....might.

AG-wolf
24th May 2010, 08:37 PM
@Saturn: Being able to mute individual people goes without saying :P

Also, not trying to instigate any kind of console war, but what Kyonshi said is pretty relevant... Xbox Live offers this option and it Just Works. You can either do a private chat with one other person, or you can do a what they call a "Party" where up to 8 people can join in a voice chat-room, and are able to talk to each other, regardless of the game each person is playing. It's a good way to organize matches if your friends are playing different games and you wanna try to set something up, and it's a lot of fun when you're all playing something together and you can either work together and arrange strategies or just mess with each other :P

Whether Sony tries to do something similar as a "premium" service or not isn't high on my own priority list since Wipeout HD is the only multiplayer game I play on the machine...

but there's still no reason for voice chat not to work at all unless Sony just doesn't have any kind of standards for data transmission across their different games... They should provide developers with some kind of SDK for a voice chat system or something. I can't imagine they don't already, but then there's no reason it shouldn't work properly if that's the case...

I'd just really like to be able to converse with some of the people I've raced online without having to try and type a quick message between races which makes me fumble around the damn XMB every time. And it's really nerve-wracking when you try to send it off before the next race loads.

Chill
26th May 2010, 02:11 AM
I voted YES because I put a hell load of money into it... put a crap load of money towards it before I realized it wasn't reliable!!! bought 3 family members (because I'm in the military and away from my family often), a PS3, Playstation Bluetooth and Wipeout HD Fury EACH!! So that I could play with them and talk to them at the same time from wherever as if I was still at home... I don't want this money to go to waste!

il_mago_di_Doz
23rd June 2010, 08:10 AM
Probably in the next ps3 update there will be also the cross-game chat, so everyone should be happy :)

UB3R~JKP
23rd June 2010, 09:12 AM
Man, that would AWESOME :D

KIGO1987
23rd June 2010, 12:39 PM
Probably in the next ps3 update there will be also the cross-game chat, so everyone should be happy :)

Two years too late. Never the less, is a feature that i will really appreciate as a frequent user of voice chat system on the PSN.

It'll be interesting to see how the old fat PS3's handle these multitasking duties, whether the console will freeze or not. PS3 seriously needs more RAM in it.

yeldar2097
23rd June 2010, 12:45 PM
Stick some in?

ProblemSolver, Go!!! http://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/anime/www.MessenTools.com-Pokemon-pok243.gif (http://www.messentools.com/en/msn-emoticon-details-and-download/id/1141/)

Good to hear that they might at least get chat sorted sometime soon...ish

blackwiggle
23rd June 2010, 01:00 PM
There is no mention of the much mentioned cross game chat in the new PSN premium plus+ service.
There is no mention of it in the new service & user agreement either.

From a technical standpoint I think it was mentioned that it is the actual games themselves that have to specifically allow cross game chat to occur while they are being played, so even if this ability was brought in on the PSN you would need these new or possibly version updated games for it to work.

And in all honesty, does anybody here actually believe that this has a snowballs chance in hell of occurring with HD since the normal in game chat has never worked.

PLazarou
5th July 2010, 12:13 PM
Hi guys, not been on here for a while. I've never owned a headset, but recently acquired a PS Eye, which is actually quite decent for voice chat once you've set the echo canceller properly. I'd not tried it with Wipeout until today, and it seemed like all voice chat wasn't working (my friend was trying to get his headset working too). I swear I've seen/heard people chat in the HD lobbies before... have they disabled it with a recent patch, or does it just not work? :?

KIGO1987
5th July 2010, 12:41 PM
I swear I've seen/heard people chat in the HD lobbies before... have they disabled it with a recent patch, or does it just not work? :?

Once upon a time before the Wipeout HD 1.30 update. The voice chat feature, actually kinda did work. It wasnt perfect, but it did kinda work in the lobby and in the game a bit, was disjointed and jumpy, but it did work much better as it does now. After the 1.30 update with the Vista Pads, the micro freezes and the buggered up in game chat feature, the game hasnt been better off, WOHD is still buggy in some areas, some have been fixed, others have not.

PLazarou
5th July 2010, 02:16 PM
I see. So some people are still managing to chat in this game? If they get lucky?

KIGO1987
5th July 2010, 02:23 PM
Unfortunately not now days :(

Voice chat is officially FUBAR'ed in WOHD. and there isnt much of a Studio Liverpool around these days to fixed the bugs like in the good old days.

Aeroracer
5th July 2010, 02:29 PM
voice chat if it worked would be ok until you get a mystery twatt shouting crap to you and swearing..
i had my fill of voice chat on xbox and prefer not to use it now unless theres someone in particular i want to speak to in which case i would probally just phone them up or arrange to go out together.