PDA

View Full Version : Things about wipeout hd that are cool

Aeroracer
21st September 2009, 09:13 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm:nod
Looking through the threads in Hd forum i really all can see posts about broken this.. broken that..bugs ..i want this...where this...issues gallore..

If SL come to forum which they do, they will cry and be depressed that all these issues have been raised yet nothing good has been raised to the same level as the negative issues..So its time to hammer home to the programmers what we love about wipeout hd

Spread the love...We all moan yet we all still play so game must be good...

post why you love the game...

No negative's this post is for praise only...

I love wipeout HD cos................

Custom soundtracks..so simple yet so brilliant an idea:guitar:guitar
Smooth graphics:nod:nod
Colourful detailed tracks that looks so nice:clap:clap
So fast:dizzy:dizzy
Online play and competivness:mr-t:mr-t
The whole styling of the game:+:+
Downloadable content:+
So hard to master.never get bored always something to do.new record to complte or someone to beat.:banzai

Reezy
21st September 2009, 09:18 PM
Zone Mode
Short tracks
Futuristic setting
Original controls
Speed
Simple yet complicated gameplay
I'm good at it.

DawnFireDragoon
21st September 2009, 09:23 PM
while i think it's very important to raise the bad things, especially if you know SL are reading... so they can fix or take note of a few things for any future projects....i agree that praise is due.

1. graphically impressive.

2. clear simple menu (the complete opposite of lots of modern games with stupid 3d menu's that take a minute to navigate to simple options) anyone played colin mcrae dirt 2, i wanted to throw my control at the screen in the blind hope it would destroy the menu and start a game.

3. split screen, in an age where developers think we lack real world friends/family members.

4. custom soundtracks

5. continued support. dlc, updates, such as the race medals...which i think were a great introduction to the series.

6. blu-ray release coming.

Aeroracer
21st September 2009, 09:34 PM
yes... i forgot

the other modes

zone :nod
SL:nod
TT:nod
SR:nod

the patches :nod

Z_Zoquis
21st September 2009, 09:53 PM
2. clear simple menu (the complete opposite of lots of modern games with stupid 3d menu's that take a minute to navigate to simple options) anyone played colin mcrae dirt 2, i wanted to throw my control at the screen in the blind hope it would destroy the menu and start a game.

Gotta agree with this one. I love Dirt 2 - think its a great racer - but I really would like to have someone explain to me why it was decided that the menu system needed to be a seperate game in and of itself. It's really quite an annoying experience getting yourself out on a track to race.

As for Wipeout, well theres not a whole lot I don't like about it. It's beautiful to look at, moves like greased lightning 99% of the time, has a wonderful visual style, and its lots of fun. Can't ask for much more from a videgame imho...

brummpahh
22nd September 2009, 12:22 AM
Hi there,

cool thing about WO HD is the ability to beat a frenchman
here and there :):):) peace m8's , you're fine players...:beer

staying cool while playing WO HD is also cool.
lots of hours having fun while being bombed, mined, cannoned or other ways of getting humiliated:robot

coolest thing 4 me about WO HD are my fine m8's
and our fellow contenders:rock

cool thing over all, SL ! best graphics i've seen so far...

Vartazian
22nd September 2009, 12:34 AM
Glorious Explosions.
Cool Weapons.
Great Competition.

djKyoto
22nd September 2009, 12:43 AM
Blowing up OBH's ass. :rock

/stir stir :g

Subsonic Retinal Burn
22nd September 2009, 01:06 AM
Best things would be the zone mode, the graphics in general and the feeling of spinning 180 to shoot someone in the face with a plasma bolt :D .

Mietepiet
22nd September 2009, 08:57 AM
The best thing on WipeOut is that it gives you all emotions on just 2 hours playing eg: joy, sadness, fear, anger, optimism, disappointment, love, remorse, surprise, but most of all :D:D:D:D:D

Kurlija
22nd September 2009, 09:48 AM
It's the first game ever to make me try to improve my race times. :)

I love the design, music, adrenaline...pretty much everything. :D

Aeroracer
22nd September 2009, 05:09 PM
So many records 100+ to go for..

leungbok
22nd September 2009, 06:01 PM
Amazing graphics and the piloting experiment is incredible, not like the other racing games IMO. Something far more intense :rock

ProblemSolver
23rd September 2009, 06:08 AM
Well, the cool thing is; the game doesn't get boring for me. Not even remotely.

Zitrax
1st October 2009, 11:29 PM
Well, the cool thing is; the game doesn't get boring for me. Not even remotely.

Agree, for example I got Dirt 2 but I am already a bit tired of it. But after 16.000+ laps of wipeout I feel I have just begun :) And the wipeout controls give me a great feeling of mastering something hard.

Koleax
2nd October 2009, 02:08 AM
It feels like my entire music library was waiting for this game. I love the sensation when the music fits the track, or seems to come out of the air on Sol 2 with my more ambient tracks, and the sense of foreboding while doing a time trial from some of my moodier music while heading down the Ubermall straight and deciding whether to turn left or right and can I nail the boost barrel roll? It's just so beautiful.

When I close my eyes sometimes, I see the red box with green letters "You eliminated _______" and I'm serene.

In photo mode, all the explosions and special effects remain still. In photo modes of other games this isn't always the case. For example, Final Fantasy XII, you pause the game and move the camera around, everything looks cool but all the magic effects are gone. Something about graphics horsepower. It's good they didn't try any cheap way out.

The rocket smoke trails. They look glorious.

The return of a proper quake animation, actually lifting up the track like it was a rug. My favorite part of Wipeout.

British accents. :) I know some find the woman's voice annoying, and I don't think it's as good as 2097, but I still like it when she says "Mirage."

The international makeup of the players. I rarely see players from my own country, the US, dominate the listing. Usually there are as many British players, with a few from dozens of other countries. Tonight I played a Phantom Eliminator race with players from the UK, Sweden, Norway, Germany, and Ireland. It was time for dinner, but I thought, "after I finish eliminating the whole of Northern Europe."

warhawk813
8th January 2010, 07:58 PM
ELIMINATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock
Customizable playlists
Crisp, smooth graphics
Online competition
Awsome tracks with fururistic landscapes
Cool team and sponsor logos
Ability to take and save photos!!

shapealot
9th January 2010, 02:09 PM
id have to say its the insane lines BRs and shortcuts that are possible, its like no other game. im not really a fan of racing games id play them but they didnt do it for me but wipeout hd is different, it has so much more to it than the other games. my fingers are going like crazy when im tryna do a good lap whereas other games you only have to corner better to improve your times and this to me gets old, fast.

big thank you to studio LIVERPOOL :rock

BTW if Zico Liu is reading this i only live down the road so you must live close, how about some split screen races sometime im sure BARNSTER would be up for it

Cyberio
9th January 2010, 05:52 PM
Zone mode, trophies, online with a very nice people, the beauty crafts as always, and when i have a FullHD TV in the future, 1080p and 60 fps, and something that i really love not only from hd, but from all the saga: Fictional sponsors with his logos, making that the racing leagues really have a cost, and for that, there are sponsors, and it makes a little expansion for the WipEout universe.

franman
9th January 2010, 08:10 PM
I like Single Race, Tournament, and Eliminator. Eliminator is fun but I think it would be better if the stages are more arena-like instead narrow straight roads.

Dan Locke
9th January 2010, 10:58 PM
I love pretty much everything about this game, apart from the tail-heavy handling. Change the handling to be more like that in the old PS1 games (better weight distribution, less turn sensitivity without the airbrakes and more with them, more rolling and drifting) and it would be the absolute best racing game ever.

The graphics are perfect. I can zoom in all the way in Photo mode before seeing any polygon edges.

Speaking of Photo mode, I can't understand why more games don't have this feature. Really ace stuff there (although it would be better if it saved images as PNGs rather than JPGs).

The default music is great, and the custom soundtrack feature lets me use any other songs that I want.

The sound effects are awesome, as are the HUD distortions. Taken together, they work very, very well.

The weapons work really well, and they finally have the same effects on both player ships and opponents.

The autopilot actually uses the game's steering model, rather than just sticking your ship on an invisible rail.

The course designs, although simply recycled from the PSP games, are great. It would be nice to see some original development, though.

Did I mention the awesome graphics?

Haywire_Guy
17th January 2010, 10:00 AM
Oh god i cannot stress how much i love the size of this technical masterpiece, whereas shovelwear such as Dark Sector manages to take up a full 24Gb this whole game with the expansion pack only takes up like 2Gb, leaving a lot of room for other game content and leaving one to wonder how they were able to fit 1080p graphics at 60fps where the 2.5 minute trailer for the expansion was already larger than the original game itself.

Zoth-Ommog
17th January 2010, 10:29 AM
Well the whole concept as it is. I love the atmosphere. I Love the Speed. I love the community.

mizunoori
17th January 2010, 12:05 PM
The feeling when I´m racing the beautiful tracks. Even today I think from time to time "wow, that looks so great" :clap

I also love the turbo sound phiiiiiieeeeeoooow LOL :)

reciprocal.space
19th January 2010, 03:48 PM
My first really indelible gaming experience as a teenager was wipeout2097 on the PC. Next time I experienced wipeout was Pulse on the PSP, and now HD on PS3. Once you learn each new game and find yourself flying at phantom hitting perfect laps, just amazing.

I've had dreams about wipeout. Sad, but I can't really sum it up better.

Dark-Twisted
19th January 2010, 04:31 PM
I like how you can fly really fast, that's quite cool.

*cough*
*crickets*

SolidSnake_gr
20th January 2010, 12:07 PM
almost everything about this game is perfect!
but what i like most is zone mode( reached zone 77 yesterday and my haert was pumping so hard xD)
i love how colours change while you progress the zones and being able to race in mach1,supersonic while listening to your favourite trance music is nirvana! bliss:rock

ProblemSolver
20th January 2010, 05:10 PM
... and being able to race in mach1,supersonic while listening to your favourite trance music is nirvana! ...
This. :nod

Aeroracer
16th February 2010, 08:29 PM
being such a good game you can leave it for 4 months come back and your friends are still playing it..not many games can claim that type of lastability..:nod

AG-wolf
16th February 2010, 08:37 PM
the fact that, while it's not better than the original PSX titles, it's still better than Pure and Pulse.

ODK-Koma
17th February 2010, 10:01 AM
The soundtrack is the bomb! I usually don't listen to electronic music but this is just awesome!

The gliders and tracks just look extremely great! Both in design and actual graphics. I could drool about Assegai Fury until the next WipEout game will be released.

I really love the screenshot option - I wish more games had this feature!

The actual racing: I think due to the vertical layers of the maps and the possibility to tilt the controller this game adds more depth than compared to regular racing games.

Elimination in splitscreen is more fun than playing Tekken.

This game kicks Mario Kart's ass!