PDA

View Full Version : Batman - Arkham Asylum

OBH
30th August 2009, 01:13 PM
anyone playing it? most entertaining fighting system ive seen in ages (especially on hard mode). like assassins creed only 100x better.

fantastic acting and dialogue too. jokers such a funny guy :g

yeldar2097
31st August 2009, 12:06 PM
not sure why but i never really thought about even trying it. might download the demo now though...i really liked assassin's creed :)

Aeroracer
31st August 2009, 12:57 PM
Is it worth the money to buy it. i like fighting games:dizzy

OBH
31st August 2009, 06:50 PM
It feels like it might be a tad short, but its what i like best in a game - its great fun :)

Joker really does steal the show though. Cant remember his name but the voice actor is Luke Skywalker :g

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-batman-arkham/54790
review pretty much bang on to be honest. :)

RedScar
31st August 2009, 08:10 PM
I have a buddy who rented/bought this (not sure) and he loved it to death. I'm looking to buy a new PS3 game b4 Drake2 comes out, so right now its between this, blazblue or Burnout Paradise (since its cheaper).

SaturnReturn
31st August 2009, 08:26 PM
I played the demo all the way to the end. That's rare for me, so I must have liked it. I won't buy it at full price though.

JJohnEames
31st August 2009, 08:35 PM
I have it to. The fightings good but its way to short. The challenges are pretty hard though (or maybe i suck at it :D) but id recommend renting before buying just to be sure.

OBH
2nd September 2009, 12:54 AM
alright, finished it this morning. It really is short.

I dont rent games, so no idea how long you keep them for. If its over a week and your good at fighting games, you could finish it easy.

still, itll take me a long time to get properly bored of the fighting challenges.

Handmadelion
3rd September 2009, 10:10 PM
Is it worth the money to buy it. i like fighting games:dizzy

Sorry to say, No. Don't get me wrong, it is a GREAT game. But if you get real into it, like I did, then you're done in two days. Unless you whore out on trophies, but that only adds a day, if that. Replay value is not up there. But just as one of my favorite reviewers stated, just when the game starts to get old or boring, it's over. You've beaten it. So good on them for that "strategy" if you can call it that. Definitely worth a rental though.

billychanxtr33m
4th September 2009, 04:17 AM
Joker really does steal the show though. Cant remember his name but the voice actor is Luke Skywalker :g

his name is mark hamill, and he was the voice of the joker in the excellent animated series.
http://www.batmantas.com/

Lance
4th September 2009, 04:24 AM
And he was totally unrecognisable, to me at least; he seemed to change his voice completely. Sorta like when Rob Paulsen did the voice of Pinky, in Pinky and the Brain. Paulsen is the guy who's Mr. Opportunity in the Honda commercials.

OBH
5th September 2009, 12:12 PM
they should have used val kilmer! :g

Lance
5th September 2009, 02:48 PM
hm... Batman as The Saint? ;)

OBH
5th September 2009, 10:27 PM
never seen it!

just know val kilmer as batman was the only good thing about batman forever. theyll never find a better bruce wayne.

RedScar
5th September 2009, 10:39 PM
Batman as Hollywood?
lol I can just imagine the coms chatter

Temet
18th September 2010, 01:10 PM
Ah hum... just a small stupid video from... well me :g : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAs2rZQeIlQ

Unfortunately, the first music is french... saying more or less (I hope) : "Fly me awaayyyyyy, fly me awaaaayyyyyyyy ... bla bla bla".