PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Radio Drama!?

auslander
27th November 2002, 06:15 PM
http://2116.web1000.com/

i just found this in a google search, anyone have more info about it?

It looks like it's a dramatic presentation of a Wipeout 3-ish story (!)

aus!

Hybrid Divide
27th November 2002, 08:29 PM
"I still dont get why ag-sys wanted us all to be friends - when they're usually the ones packing missiles!" - Thruster2097, AG Racing fan

Just thought I'd point that out.

It appears that some of the history is a bit off, but it sounds very cool anyhow!

When my site is complete, I'll be linking to it!

Synthetic Consciousness
27th November 2002, 10:18 PM
[Vagrant-Log:ic] Don't you mean "the future is a bit off"? :wink:

Thruster's a "Floater", eh? :)

...Now that I think about it, "Synthetic Consciousness" sounds like one of the "exclusive nightclubs" mentioned in the cast descriptions. :lol:

Welcome to Synthetic Consciousness! 21+, no cover charge, and $2 drink specials! Open till 6 a.m.! 8)

Hmm...wonder if Tim would object to me christening the chill room "Cold Storage" in his honor? :P

Task
28th November 2002, 03:25 AM
My reactions (in order of appearance):
1) Wow, Wipeout stuff! Cool!
2) ... The F-3600 was closed due to pilot fatalities?!? The F-3600 were the only AG craft that were totally indestructable! I'm not the guy that wrote the "canon", but I was sure that Kel Solaar of Qirex won the first league champion title. Hey, they think all the tracks in WO3 are from _different_cities_! Okay, I see, they've totally made this up themselves. I guess it's okay, then.
3) Oh, hey, my downloads are done... Ha-ha! This is awesome! ... Oooh, technical details! ... Cool, a Russian! He must be Qirex!
4) Nooo... That's it?!? Need more! Augh!
5) Cool Wipeout stuff, wow.

auslander
28th November 2002, 04:56 AM
I thought it was really cool!

I love any fan-fiction for the wipeout universe but on top of that, this production was actually really well made. It's actually kind of Ironic that i stumbled upon it during the wip3out phase of DJ's competition... i wonder how old it is?

could someone email this guy and get some details about this thing? It must be from sometime ago, and i guess it's all done - there's only the 30 minutes and it doesn't look like there'll be any more.

but damn. I hope that Infox would like to host this in the Site's fanfiction section.

cheers to the 2116 crew!

aus!

jmoid
28th November 2002, 08:39 PM
they quoted thruter2097, i wonder if the man himself is involved in some way?

makes me think i should get my arse in gear and finish the fanfic i started writing...

Spaceboy Gajo
29th November 2002, 04:06 AM
I think this is a great find!

Especially this has been online for who knows how long. Of course it takes a ninja like aus to find something like this!

I'll be downloading this right now and I'll post my comments later.

Even though I know they don't quite follow "canon" it'll be great to consume new and fresh pan productions!

Now if only the ninja can find that comic!

spaceboy gajo :D